Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) (59914 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Program 2019 - HND/Bsc 2.2/Lower Crd. / FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by OLANIYI1985: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2017
Antina:

Yes!! D, E and F coming too. As if you are not a Nigerian.

when the names come out youll see.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Livebygrace: 9:19am On Mar 21, 2017
OLANIYI1985:

when the names come out youll see.

U're just deceiving urself bros! Even if the batches reach z, na politicians' slots go full am. Do u think these guys' lists are exhausted with batch A list? In a normal organization it's merit list that comes out first b4 supplementary lists from the ogas, now no merit list at all.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by thormeydey: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
I am neither for nor against 3rd Holders but you guys need to ask yourself what you have added to your selves! The mentality that you are better than 3rd Class or 2:2 maybe what is holding you down. You rush to do masters without any field experience. Who are you fooling? I advise you to get off those high horses of yours and rethink your attitude.
As for those ranting about Nigeria been a shithole, it took you the FSCS to know that?! Your senators are busy passing bills against Tribal marks when there are other pressing matters and I see AFONJA this that post... I weep for my COUNTRY!

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by lilliesboy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
Some comments I have read here proves this country is getting filled with more idiots and imbeciles. How could a people try to defend a Third Class graduate over a First Class/2-2 graduate even to the point of bringing in "grace" of god (i.e. religion) into the matter? They call nepotism/injustice "grace" of god. Insanity of the highest order!

To the original poster, I feel your pain because am also in your shoes. My name is not there, but that is okay because life goes on. Am from Bayelsa State and over 90% of the shortlisted names were family members and fellow L.G.A/community members of politicians in Abuja. In fact, one of the names under Min. of Foreign Affairs - "Helen LOKPOBIRI," happens to be a daughter/family member to ex-Senator Heineken LOKPOBIRI who is also the serving Minister of Agriculture. We look forward to brighter days.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
Those candidates shortlisted under ministry of foreign affairs your interview date has been postponed until further notice

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Generaloluseye: 9:06am On Mar 31, 2017
I don't know why some people write as if they are two years old. The OP is not against third class graduate but he just like most intelligent guys on this thread are asking what is the basis of the shortlisting. If exams had been conducted, it is possible for a third class graduate to beat a first class graduate. But here, they did shortlist straight away.
Looking at the list, you will see all the classes of degree there. It means one thing. Man no Man is the order of the day in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Abdulqareem: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2017
Hi Nairalander, Pls I need an urgent answer on how much do a GL 08 officer earns in Ministry of Education in any of these places
1. Federal Government College
2. Ministry
3. Others agencies and Parastatals
Thanks.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by lilliesboy(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
I was not shortlisted in the nepotic Batch A list of the Federal Civil Service Commision (FCSC) but this morning I got a text from the Federal Railway Corporation that reads: "Invited for written interview on Thurs 6/4/17 by 8am @ ANY of the ffg Railway offices closet to you; Enugu, Ibadan, Bauchi, Zaria, PH & Idu Station Abuja."

It is obvious I have been shortlisted for interview by the Federal Railway Corporation (FRC). I applied for the position of "Pupil Public Relation Officer" (GL 08) and never believed my mail went through in September 2016 nor would be considered for interview considering how these politicians are hijacking everything. Am from Bayelsa State and will be leaving for Port Harcourt by tomorrow for the written interview on Thursday. Let's hope for the best.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Erenje24(m): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=GEJPosterity post=54755670]If you have ambition in life, you won't even be applying for any silly Nigerian civil service crap shoot. undecided

Learn a freelancing skill (article writing, graphic design, web development etc) so you can gather some small change, then get yourself a passport and fly your young and useful ass out to somewhere you have a chance of becoming something in life. Because in Nigeria, you are guaranteed to be a nobody. You will be poor, frustrated and mistreated until you are old and useless and you will die anonymous and frustrated.

Leave this useless country while you still can! Even a dustbin man in Cyprus has a far higher standard of living than most "rich" people in Nigeria. When you leave Nigeria and discover that roadside gutters are meant to be covered, and they are covered pretty much everywhere else, then you will realise that even the people you look up to in Ikoyi and Lekki and Maitama and Asokoro are living like a bunch of fukin 18th century slum u er right
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by stankelz: 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

WHAT A COUNTRY? So help us God!

hey bro,good evening.hope you are good.please I’ll like to speak to you.i sent you a mail already

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by barackodam: 1:33am On Apr 14, 2020
daewoorazer:
You my friend, look into your hands, what do u see?

FREEDOM

as long as u are a youth of this country, it is illegal to wail, revolution is the key!

A word.

#zanga

3 years later we're still stuck doing nothing
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by nunzk: 3:29am On Apr 14, 2020
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

WHAT A COUNTRY? So help us God!

Bro just fashi it. Push on for other transparent recruitments. I get similar experience
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by daewoorazer(m): 4:52am On Apr 14, 2020
barackodam:

3 years later we're still stuck doing nothing
Bro I left the shithole d same year and I never regretted it. Life is sweet on the other side! #MyTestimony
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 14, 2020
These people are playing an extremely dangerous game, it may seem harmless now, but seriously, this will seriously cripple government institutions in the future. Why do you think we ain't progressing when we feel every available slot based on "who you know" instead of what you know.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by barackodam: 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
daewoorazer:

Bro I left the shithole d same year and I never regretted it. Life is sweet on the other side! #MyTestimony

Haha.....wow, I don't know you, but I'm happy for you.

We're also actively struggling to leave this "shithole"

Which country you dey?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by daewoorazer(m): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
barackodam:

Haha.....wow, I don't know you, but I'm happy for you.

We're also actively struggling to leave this "shithole"

Which country you dey?

Canada

As at the time I made that comment, never knew I’ll be leaving in few months

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

AB Microfinance Bank Test Tomorrow / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.