Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai (1367 Views)

$120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? / ‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat / Poultry Business In Nigeria Or Travel To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by japhethGold: 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hello Good people,

I am a chartered accountant that earns 300k per month in Nigeria, but recently I have surveyed wages in Dubai and found that Dubai pays much more for professionals. Should I resign my Nigerian job and move to Dubai on a 3 months visit Visa to secure a professional job?

The kind advice of great guys in the house that have experienced work life in Dubai will be appreciated.

Your kind response please!
Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by Cutehector(m): 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pls continue ur job biko

1 Like

Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by walearoy(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
the grass is always greener at the other side, why not explore the option of Annual Leave then you go there for job search and then quit if you get?

3 Likes

Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
The guy above me has it
Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by uckennety(m): 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
Please continue your job here
Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
You are moving without a job? Sounds like a bad idea
Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by Adesiji77: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2017
walearoy:
the grass is always greener at the other side, why not explore the option of Annual Leave then you go there for job search and then quit if you get?

Sounds like a nice idea

@japhethGold: Have you done research on the cost of living in Dubai?

Whatever you do, don't resign without getting a solid job offer and work/resident permit in the UAE.

1 Like

Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 18, 2017
japhethGold:

Hello Good people,

I am a chartered accountant that earns 300k per month in Nigeria, but recently I have surveyed wages in Dubai and found that Dubai pays much more for professionals. Should I resign my Nigerian job and move to Dubai on a 3 months visit Visa to secure a professional job?

The kind advice of great guys in the house that have experienced work life in Dubai will be appreciated.

There is someone that will need that job when you leave it, please this is his moniker Adetayo1978 maybe you can put in a good word for him

1 Like

Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by Omoluabi16(m): 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2017
japhethGold:

Hello Good people,

Senior colleague, I greet you. I think you should count yourself lucky. Maybe you've gotten to a level where 300k is just fair, but I tell you it is still big money .. a very healthy income for that matter. There are really no guarantees in life, but going to Dubai is a risk. You didn't state if you have ACCA, which will give you a great edge in the Intl market. I believe you're seeking career growth, but you can still do that here ..Or at least get other certifications before venturing outside. whatever you do, Goodluck sir.

2 Likes

Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by cassidy1996(m): 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
please stay with your current job...
Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by ttmacoy: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
Depends on the type of job you can get in Dubai.

I don't think it's that easy to turn up on a 3 mo TH visit visa and secure a professional job with good pay.

People I know who have similar professional high paying jobs either were transferred or head hunted from the UK. Before you resign make sure you will be able to get a good job not hussling.

Maybe try applying directly for jobs where the company can also apply for a work permit for you if not you may end up resigning your job in Nigeria and not being able to secure something in Dubai. That wouldn't be a good position to be in.

japhethGold:

Hello Good people,

Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by 9ja4show: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2017
300,000 in Nigeria , you are a big boy , can't you start a business ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by dandollaz: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
Another disaster about to happen to this man.call someone there n ask u will be disappointed with there pay.man u earn double than those guys there except you have offer.

1 Like

Re: To Continue With 300k Job In Nigeria Or Travel To Dubai by japhethGold: 1:10am On Mar 19, 2017
Thank you so much for your candid advice. May God bless you all in Jesus Name.

(1) (Reply)

Directions To Shogunle Oshodi / Most Nigerians Abroad Stranded Due To Passport Renewal Problems. / Do Britis Commission Give Working Holiday Maker Visa To Nigerian Truly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.