Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Traditionalist Pagans In The House? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Traditionalist Pagans In The House? (4790 Views)

Christmas Is A Celebration For Pagans – Daddy Freeze / Traditionalist Who Didn’t Marry His Baby Mama, Reveals Why. Photos / Who Is Worshiping Idol Now?; Traditionalist Asks As He Shares These Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by lawani: 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Well this is the problem. because Africa is not the only continent with traditional religion. All the tribal world has Pagan religions be it Native Amerixan tribes, India, South Asia, the Far East, the Island tribes, etc.

Therefore it cannot be referred to African Traditional Religion alone. The world of Paganism isnhuge and to achieve its unity is paramount for world peace and stability.
You Seem to think europe has no traditional theology and thats wrong. Read Up on Wiccan.
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
lawani:
You Seem to think europe has no traditional theology and thats wrong. Read Up on Wiccan.

Wiccan and Neo-Paganism are not pure Pagan religions. they are new age made up stuff. Europe, in particular "Western Europe" has largely lost its tribes and its old Pagan faiths.

2 Likes

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by lawani: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Wiccan and Neo-Paganism are not pure Pagan religions. they are new age made up stuff. Europe, in particular "Western Europe" has largely lost its tribes and its old Pagan faiths.
Which One be pure pagan again abeg?. They have a theology based on the rudiments of the practices of their ancestors and they dont threaten unbelievers with hellfire. That is ok
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
lawani:
Which One be pure pagan again abeg?. They have a theology based on the rudiments of the practices of their ancestors and they dont threaten unbelievers with hellfire. That is ok

No its not! pure Pagans are those who practice the continued line of tradition from their ancestors. wicca is a made up rrconstructed and invented practice. Moreover Paganism is ethnic based. wicca adherents do not subscribe to this line.
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by lawani: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

No its not! pure Pagans are those who practice the continued line of tradition from their ancestors. wicca is a made up rrconstructed and invented practice. Moreover Paganism is ethnic based. wicca adherents do not subscribe to this line.
We are small Gods. I could invent a whole nem way of communicating with the other side, then start teaching people and it would be valid and that was what Orunmila did with the 256 ifa codes. so the wiccans are ok.
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
lawani:
We are small Gods. I could invent a whole nem way of communicating with the other side, then start teaching people and it would be valid and that was what Orunmila did with the 256 ifa codes. so the wiccans are ok.

See you can believe you are small flying sphagetti monster also. I really don't give 2 cents.As per my belief , Only ethnic-Tribal Paganism is true Paganism with a basis. Rest are all bullshyts.
Orunmila did it for the Yoruba tribe as its ancestor. A naturally evolved tribe from early proto-Congoid groups.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by lawani: 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

See you can believe you are small flying sphagetti monster also. I really don't give 2 cents.As per my belief , Only ethnic-Tribal Paganism is true Paganism with a basis. Rest are all bullshyts.
Orunmila did it for the Yoruba tribe as its ancestor. A naturally evolved tribe from early proto-Congoid groups.

Into The pool of traditional theology wiccan has something to add. Even The Yoruba System is not uniform. Ifa is not uniform. Ultra Uniformity is for religion ie christianity and islam where they threaten dissidents with hell fire!
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
lawani:
Into The pool of traditional theology wiccan has something to add. Even The Yoruba System is not uniform. Ifa is not uniform. Ultra Uniformity is for religion ie christianity and islam where they threaten dissidents with hell fire!

Wicca is not traditional theology I repeat. It has no tribal basis.Paganism is not uniform but it is not random nonsense. Everything has a reason and a basis.

Please you are diverting the topic.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by lawani: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Wicca is not traditional theology I repeat. It has no tribal basis.Paganism is not uniform but it is not random nonsense. Everything has a reason and a basis.

Please you are diverting the topic.
Ok Sorry for the diversion but i remain steadfast in my belief that what wiccans deserve is kudos and not knocks. They are children of God
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
lawani:
Ok Sorry for the diversion but i remain steadfast in my belief that what wiccans deserve is kudos and not knocks. They are children of God

You can believe as you like. children of God , holy trinity whatver. but please do not divert this topic.
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by lawani: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

You can believe as you like. children of God , holy trinity whatver. but please do not divert this topic.
You are really sharp mouthed and saucy! how did i derall the thread? by pointing out wicca and europe?
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
lawani:
You are really sharp mouthed and saucy! how did i derall the thread? by pointing out wicca and europe?

Yes! I explained my view to you and you still keep bringing up the same topic. Do you think I discovered Paganism yesterday morning? I have been researching this topic for years now. I was born a Pagan. I live this religion. I have my reasons for not accepting Wicca as a bonafide Pagan faith. And its not just entirely to do with spirituality. There are multiple other reasons why I firmly know so and I do not intend to state here. Not now.

If you notice, the first thing I asked in this group is for conversants to state their tribe. I have a reason for this too.

And yet you keep repeatedly trying to force it into my mouth to accept wicca as a Traditional faith, when clearly I object to it.

I am not against it. Let them do as they please. it is not a harmful faith. However, I do not accept it as one of our own group. That doesn't mean I'm against it. I'm not for it either.

3 Likes

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by lawani: 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Yes! I explained my view to you and you still keep bringing up the same topic. Do you think I discovered Paganism yesterday morning? I have been researching this topic for years now. I was born a Pagan. I live this religion. I have my reasons for not accepting Wicca as a bonafide Pagan faith. And its not just entirely to do with spirituality. There are multiple other reasons why I firmly know so and I do not intend to state here. Not now.

If you notice, the first thing I asked in this group is for conversants to state their tribe. I have a reason for this too.

And yet you keep repeatedly trying to force it into my mouth to accept wicca as a Traditional faith, when clearly I object to it.

I am not against it. Let them do as they please. it is not a harmful faith. However, I do not accept it as one of our own group. That doesn't mean I'm against it. I'm not for it either.
Ok then no problem
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
lawani:
Ok then no problem

I'm sorry if you feel offended.
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by lawani: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

I'm sorry if you feel offended.
Thanks And God bless

1 Like

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by Ali929(m): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

@PAGAN9JA... Thanks for the response.. Can they marry different people without any consequences since the blood covenant is removed.
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ali929:

@PAGAN9JA... Pls help out.. Very urgent
A guy & a lady dated for 10years and they both made a blood covenant that they must marry and not leave each other. The lady asks for break up but didn't date another person but the guy went ahead to date another girl. The lady later came back after 6months so that they can plan and get married but the man insists he is no more interested & wants to marry the new girl he met within 6months. The lady is devastated because that is the only man she has ever dated & thinking of how to start all over again. They called a pastor to break the blood covenant which he did but after that the guy went and started bad mouthing her to his family giving reasons why he cant marry her and wants the new girl after using his old girlfriend for 10years. N.B: The family wants him to marry his old girlfriend.

Right now the girl is devastated and doesnt know where to start from, thinking everyday. The guy is giving her attitude and no more picking her calls. P.S: The girl is my friend.

Pls do you have any ifa we can contact for divination to know if the guy is her real husband or if a love charm can be used on him to make him love the girl back, cos she has lost all she has on him.

How can the guy be her real husband when they haven't even married yet?

Such matters must be dealt with common sense not juju or fraud.

The guy is clearly disloyal. The girl on the other hand is foolish to have spent 10 years dating and enjoying with him without marriage.

Both will pay as per their respecrive karma. No juju is required here.

Ifa is not a joke to be used in such petty matters. whatever she puts on him she will face the side effects as well.

Worship the Gods. don't use them to play petty games in your personal lives.

Tell her to call quits and find someone better. As a friend you should guide your sister in a mature matter. This is a sinking boat. Don't make matters worse.

4 Likes

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by ConcernedRusian: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
vaxx:
yes dear , atheism is also an imported idea

And god forbid the acceptance of imported ideas, lest they subvert our own (irrational and primitive) ideas! It's not like other countries have ever benefited from that sort of thing before.. *cough* SPQR *cough* Islamic golden age *cough* Holy Roman Empire *cough* Mauryan Empire *cough*

Atheism has never been an imported idea. Godlessness knows no nation, and neither, ultimately, does the scientific community. This is the fallacy of Cultural Relativity - when you try to extend cultural relativity to defend a cultural practice that is blatantly nonsensical. What the hell does returning to some pre-Christian Voodoo doodoo do other than roleplay the lives of some uneducated tribesmen from centuries ago, and why is the "imported idea of Atheism" not preferable to this?
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by vaxx: 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
ConcernedRusian:

And god forbid the acceptance of imported ideas, lest they subvert our own (irrational and primitive) ideas! It's not like other countries have ever benefited from that sort of thing before.. *cough* SPQR *cough* Islamic golden age *cough* Holy Roman Empire *cough* Mauryan Empire *cough*

Atheism has never been an imported idea. Godlessness knows no nation, and neither, ultimately, does the scientific community. This is the fallacy of Cultural Relativity - when you try to extend cultural relativity to defend a cultural practice that is blatantly nonsensical. What the hell does returning to some pre-Christian Voodoo doodoo do other than roleplay the lives of some uneducated tribesmen from centuries ago, and why is the "imported idea of Atheism" not preferable to this?
fallacy, fabrication and fables is what I can read in your post...

None godliness is not related to native indigenous Africa.it is a borrowed idea ......Africa native are culturally brought up with the God , ancestors or spirit dogma...

What do you mean by non educated tribesmen.... Do you think ,you are more educated than them? The simple answer to your post....go and read this book by an english professor ....The dumbest Generation by mark baurelin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ali929:

@PAGAN9JA... Thanks for the response.. Can they marry different people without any consequences since the blood covenant is removed.

It is advised to marry within your tribe for obvious reasons. You are however free to choose your path.

Marrying within your tribe DOES NOT mean marrying blood relatives. This is the difference between Pagans and muslims.

It only means marrying someone who speaks your language, follows your culture, etc. and is of the same/similar ethnic group as you.

In the Arab world, muslims consider marrying within their tribe the same as marrying cousins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
ConcernedRusian:

You are free to choose your path. There is no imposition in Pagan tribal cultures.

If we were as rigid as the abrahamists today Nigeria would have been a Pagan Nation or a group of Pagan Nations.

That asides you need to drop your demeaning attitude.
How can you consider all tribesmen uneducated? I am an educated tribesman. In all Probability, much educated and wealthier than you. How then does that make you a better person than me?
Or me a better person than my uneducated yet wise Grandparent in the village?
Again its wrong to call our elders uneducated. because back then education was through apprenticeship whereby they still learned a trade. They were skilled. You may call them illiterate. Thats about it. Because most African languages lacked a script back in the day.

The Mauryan Empire btw was based on a Pagan Civilization.

The Holy Roman Empire was an Empire in Decline. A vestige of the lost splendour of the Pagan Roman Empire.

The islamic Golden age benifited from the earlier culture of the conquered lands. The Bedu Arabs on the Arabian Peninsula still remained backward upto the discovery of oil 50 years back. Show me one large monument or accomplishment on mainland Arabia prior to the discovery of oil and post islam. None. Largely unchanged from the past except for the introduction of modern British-made firearms.

2 Likes

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
vaxx:
fallacy, fabrication and fables is what I can read in your post...

None godliness is not related to native indigenous Africa.it is a borrowed idea ......Africa native are culturally brought up with the God , ancestors r spirit dogma...

What do you mean by non educated tribesmen.... Do you think ,you are more educated than them? The simple answer to your post....go and read this book by english professor the dumbest generation by mark baurelin

Unfortunately christianity abd islam have made Nigerians over-religious.

Had we remained culturally-untouched Pagans, we would be at ppar with the Japanese in terms of our general attitude regards to culture, spirituality, material progress, etc.

Our growth was stunted at a very odd time. we were never given the chance to grow and rvolve at our own pace and time. It has all become haphazard.

2 Likes

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by vaxx: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Unfortunately christianity abd islam have made Nigerians over-religious.

Had we remained culturally-untouched Pagans, we would be at ppar with the Japanese in terms of our general attitude regards to culture, spirituality, material progress, etc.

Our growth was stunted at a very odd time. we were never given the chance to grow and rvolve at our own pace and time. It has all become haphazard.
yes , they know they underdeveloped Africa...this Is the right time, we need to hijack our lost heritage,......African culture is indeed rich

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
vaxx:
yes , they know they underdeveloped Africa...this Is the right time, we need to hijack our lost heritage,......African culture is indeed rich

African culture (s)

It requires good leadership.
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by Ali929(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

It is advised to marry within your tribe for obvious reasons. You are however free to choose your path.

Marrying within your tribe DOES NOT mean marrying blood relatives. This is the difference between Pagans and muslims.

It only means marrying someone who speaks your language, follows your culture, etc. and is of the same/similar ethnic group as you.

In the Arab world, muslims consider marrying within their tribe the same as marrying cousins.

Thanks for the response
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
Ali929:

Am talking about 2 people who made blood oath together during their teen. Now the guy wants to marry someone else, the girl is scared of moving on. If after they meet a pastor to pray for them can they marry different people? Cos i know blood oath is very strong.

Can you please elaborate what manner of blood oath did they make in their youth? what was the procedure they followed?

And you cannot just summon a pastor to pray to break an oath. it is illlogical.
Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by Juchii(m): 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
I am in, I am an Igbo guy. Studying in university of Nigeria nsukka.

Yes it is true that in Igbo land we heve termed transitional faithful and what they worship as devil. They termed it darkness and evil but I know within myself that it is just massive ignorance on a display.

They battle is real. This is just a call for justice, they born shrines, term them devil and their worshippers demon agents just because they were brainwashed. That is why I don't feel sorry for them when they were treat in the same kind by Muslim faithful.

3 Likes

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by Ali929(m): 6:18am On Nov 02, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Can you please elaborate what manner of blood oath did they make in their youth? what was the procedure they followed?

And you cannot just summon a pastor to pray to break an oath. it is illlogical.

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2017
Ali929:

They made 2 different kinds of blood oath. Although, it was done in his house. The first is that they cut each other with blade, leaked each other blood then said words like they will marry each other and be together even till death. The 2nd one they cut each other, mix d blood with water in a cup & drank it to renew the first then said until the cup is found the covenant can't be broken. The guy threw the cup away in a bush yrs ago. Later on d guy went to date 2 other girls whom he had sex with but nothing happened to him. She forgave & dey moved on. They started marriage plans & tins took anoda turn. They quarreled often & d guy was always giving xcuses of no money not knowing he had ulterior motives. D girl asked for a break to sort out tins, not knowing dat within 3months d guy started dating another lady and now the guy said he doesn't want to marry her again that he's in love with d other girl. They met with a pastor to pray to break it. The guy immediately went back to the new girlfriend and started bad mouthing the old girlfriend to his friends & family. Now the old girlfriend is devastated, she doesn't know where to start from after 8yrs relationship. So pls is the covenant broken since d pastor prayed for them? Is she free to marry someone else?

First of all there was no covenant made in the first place. An oath has to be made on a witness/guarantor. E.g. a deity. This oath was done in a wrong manner and is null and void.
This is why nothing happened to the guy.

Second. Even if the oath was made as per proper ritual conduct, the pastor has no power to break it by just praying over it or whatever.

Third. You should take that girl to a psychiatrist. She is suffering from mental obsession.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2017
Juchii:
I am in, I am an Igbo guy. Studying in university of Nigeria nsukka.

Yes it is true that in Igbo land we heve termed transitional faithful and what they worship as devil. They termed it darkness and evil but I know within myself that it is just massive ignorance on a display.

They battle is real. This is just a call for justice, they born shrines, term them devil and their worshippers demon agents just because they were brainwashed. That is why I don't feel sorry for them when they were treat in the same kind by Muslim faithful.

Well done. You should research more about Odinani and the various Alusi across the region.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by GoldenChiddy: 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_hnRYaqfew&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9

1 Like

Re: Traditionalist Pagans In The House? by HadizaToo: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
PAGAN9JA:
How many of us are left on Nairaland? Lets hold some serious talks.

State your tribe when you enter.

YOU ARE AMAZING, I am hausa who lives in the USA and I represent my ancestors and am teaching black folks in America to accept who they really are so they can come out of slavery...those who fear themselves and their ancestors are still enslaved

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sister Linda: The Woman Who Went To Hell And Came Back.....tells Her Story / The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. / Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.