Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day (22476 Views)

"3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by HonOlagrace: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:

You may be at fault; I stand to be corrected, though.

Did you call the HM on the second day that you won't be available?

You might be in the hospital or attending an interview. You should have called, it's business; nothing personal.

Did you get them a reliever?

It's school, parents won't blame you but they would condemn the school for your absence. A reliever would have been perfect, teachers can't multi-task.

Have you been given sick before? Yes.

You wan Buhari to resign on poor health ground and you want the school to keep you. Come on, everybody is not cut for teaching. The stress can be lethal.

Teaching isn't for you, relax, search for a better job and pray. IT WILL END IN PRAISE

#smiles Thanks for the constructive comment.... Sent them an SMS(on Thursday) to them with the help of my sis as early as 4:35am informing them of my absence for the day and they confirmed that they received it. #Even went with my drugs on the day d firing incident happened....
As for the reliever, we're two in a class.... So I guess there shouldn't be much bridge because she is also capable.

Anyways, its bygone just want to know if it's wrong(In an official setting) to fall sick.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by ladyverere(f): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:
Its my first time working officially after Nysc, so I don't no if it's a crime to fall sick?

I fell sick(Malaria) on Wednesday around 9am@work,was able to manage myself till 1:30pm when my colleagues told me to go home when I couldn't cope. Got permission from the school's HM and left;was admitted at the hospital so I couldn't go to work yesterday but went today aganist the doctor 's advice that I still need to rest. Got to work today and was told that I was fired because I fell sick and was absent for a day & half.

My Question is, Is it a crime to fall sick when employed?

Mtshewww. How much were they paying you before? All these cheap ass employers and their unreasonable and wicked demands. Forget them Op you will get a better job.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by nkemjacob2(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2017
school job again. na those mushroom school dey do that rubbish. oga u go c another job
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by NWANICHODE: 9:45am On Mar 18, 2017
Just go back to the school with your next of kin and demand for further explanation. You may be surprised they will show you the video of yourself drinking bear same evening you claimed to be sick.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Escobapablo(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2017
[img][/img]
HonOlagrace:
Its my first time working officially after Nysc, so I don't no if it's a crime to fall sick?

I fell sick(Malaria) on Wednesday around 9am@work,was able to manage myself till 1:30pm when my colleagues told me to go home when I couldn't cope. Got permission from the school's HM and left;was admitted at the hospital so I couldn't go to work yesterday but went today aganist the doctor 's advice that I still need to rest. Got to work today and was told that I was fired because I fell sick and was absent for a day & half.

It is possible they have a procedure for reporting falling sick while at work eg. sending in doctors report or excuse duty immediately you get to the hospital, which you didn't follow. However, for the school or organization to be so hasty in firing you is very wrong. You can take legal action against them. I will suggest against this. I will suggest you find another job. I strongly blive it is not your path. God has a better plan for you. Leave them, that action indicates that it's not a good place to work even for starters.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by sshalom(m): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2017
Something doesn't click with me in this story. If it is exactly the way you stated it, then go through your letter of employment or work policies to know what you did wrong.

If you are not culpable in any way, kindly go seek a lawyer's advice. It is well!

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by samsam2019: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2017
Gmajor:
sue them
in Nigeria?

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:56am On Mar 18, 2017
oseka101:
lolz might just be part of the school policy if ur going to fall sick you should notify them like two weeks before time ...... grin grin
gringrin

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Youngzedd(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2017
As you resume work sickness hit you. Your village people are truly after you grin

Advise: Learn how your body works, monitor it. Malaria normally comes with a sign, immediately you identify that sign, rush and fix yourself before it will weigh you down.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Ijaya123: 9:58am On Mar 18, 2017
THUNDAR:

I think we should ask Buhari! he's the master of fall sick and take leave

Please try and put your brain to good use always.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Youngzedd(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2017
NWANICHODE:
Just go back to the school with your next of kin and demand for further explanation. You may be surprised they will show you the video of yourself drinking bear same evening you claimed to be sick.

grin grin
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:03am On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:

#smiles Thanks for the constructive comment.... Sent them an SMS(on Thursday) to them with the help of my sis as early as 4:35am informing them of my absence for the day and they confirmed that they received it. #Even went with my drugs on the day d firing incident happened....
As for the reliever, we're two in a class.... So I guess there shouldn't be much bridge because she is also capable.

Anyways, its bygone just want to know if it's wrong(In an official setting) to fall sick.

Every mafioso is after profit, he would want to maximaze his profit to your detriment. The surest way to be rich is to have a business of your own. I don't have yet but it's being in black and white since.

I currently teach six subjects in two classes, it's actually killing me but I need to be there for the time been. Cos I need the money.

As you await another job, soon. Pick and read THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Hisduchess(f): 10:22am On Mar 18, 2017
Drdreyy:
that's the problem with all these private institutions. FG job is still the best. but sadly it's difficult to get nowadays.

bro ur qualifications plenty ooo.u must be an intelligent person to have gotten all these qualifications.more power to ur elbow. jisie ike
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Antina(f): 10:33am On Mar 18, 2017
janengozi:
you will get a job far better than the one you lost

By God's grace.

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by dammytosh: 10:36am On Mar 18, 2017
Work on ur self the more.

Until u are indispensable are nd more than ordinary, this useless employers will keep treating u any au.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 18, 2017
Its the organizations that pay the least that give the most trouble to employees. mtcheww. Pele.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:

If you officially communicated with the organization then its insane to be fired. Did you not say the HM called a Cab. Let him do the work himself, you'll find a beta work IJN
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 18, 2017
Loisemm:
Its the organizations that pay the least that give the most trouble to employees. mtcheww. Pele.

Lol, i believe yu

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by figure007(m): 10:58am On Mar 18, 2017
naijainfogalery:
Hmmmmmm I hate it when employers are wicked. You need to teach them a lesson , if the school is in Lagos and u suspect they don't pay tax, just write a letter to the Lagos state government tax office and laugh lol
hmmmmmmm .... That's a big discipline for the school is she truly does that.... You want the school to go bankrupt?
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by toprealman: 11:18am On Mar 18, 2017
janengozi:
Sure, but that not the answer to his question.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 18, 2017
Probably you didn't carry them along in the process of staying behind the next day.

Bro, no be for mouth or hand or ear malaria do you nah. Sowie sha...
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2017
Cooperations are the same all over . There was a cart pusher/gather who got hit by a reckless car in the parking lot of an a American 'Walmart' and was let go because he was quote "a liability " undecided
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by CoolFreeday(m): 11:27am On Mar 18, 2017
janengozi:

God bless you
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by poppop: 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:

Did you call the Head Teacher or HM to explain you would not be able to make it on Thursday?
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Boss2424: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
Mine I have decided to quit my job next month after receiving this month Salary, I work 24hours without off days and I had malaria since last week Friday and I was still not given off, while I was treating malaria I was still not sleeping at night and sleeping just 3hours during the day (6-8am) I do both night and day security service for a church in Benin and earn 20k monthly with My B.Sc and the so called pastor doesn't care.
My brother try to be self employed

I came from the Street I want to go back to my Laptop

working under anybody is not the way at all ooo

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by rafcrown(m): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2017
NO SERIOUS EMPLOYMENT LAW IN NIGERIA.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by naijainfogalery: 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
figure007:
hmmmmmmm .... That's a big discipline for the school is she truly does that.... You want the school to go bankrupt?

Its so unfair , a warning would have been fair , or remove the days off from her salary that can still be justified if she can't provide a doctors report . but just telling her to go and the reason u gave was because she was sick. I suspected they did that cos she didn't give excuse . but let's be fair , sometimes when u are sick u don't even care about the job rather your health . I wish she can post the name of the school. At least they will have a project for the next 6 months
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by aluko465(m): 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
GET A BETTER JOB
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Rhea(f): 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:

The illness was not the reason. They were just waiting for a reason to sack you. Try to find out what other reasons. Did the boss ask to sleep with you? Set him up (if so) and get a lawyer to clean him out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. / My Experience At A Retail Store Today / Achigili Raph Ogili: How FRSC Official Forged UNIABUJA Certificate For Promotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.