Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope (12088 Views)

Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by BobbyDean(m): 6:34am On May 03, 2017
oxypress:

This is our line of duty. While we need to water down the language for all to understand we can always spot the language of the fakes.. They delve into issues far above their competence. In a book of 1000 pages they cannot exeed page one. In my years of practice I have never heard any qualified doctor using such an antiquated language.
Forgive my ignorance sir. Im still in training, few months to being in Final yr. Nice to have seasoned ones like you on this platform. Your field sir?
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by sunnymighty(m): 5:18pm On May 03, 2017
Bumbae1:

It is Autism
I can tell op thing his son does.and he will be amazed .

Read smiley

Pls take time to go through my contributions on this topic,I was only trying to explain to the man I quoted to avoid labelling and he was busy preaching telemedicine. I dnt I argue once I make my point.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by juman(m): 6:15pm On May 03, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 01, 2017
homeboy33:
Hi Yemi,
I also wanted to encourage you regarding your son. It's great you are seeking all the help you can for him and he's really blessed to have a such good dad. I actually know exactly what you are going through as I have a son that yours sounds a lot like(mine is also 3 years old). He has been diagnosed with autism and is receiving therapy. He is improving and we are very hopeful that by the grace of God he will improve more with time. I would suggest you see a developmental pediatrician, they would be able to do an assessment, provide a diagnosis if any and make recommendation on the best course of action. I know how draining the situation can be emotionally, financially and in so many other ways, but hang in there. Your son will get better, you just keep fighting for him!
amen, thanks
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 01, 2017
Yeah, I have been busy reading comments, suggestions and contributions of fellow nairalanders for the past few days concerning my child. I found a lot interesting and encouraging and I want to appreciate all for that. Even though I have not been directly answering most questions directed at me, all the same I still say "thanks" to you all. Though the boy's condition is depressing but I still thank God. I will continue to do my best and hope respite comes my way someday. I have heard a lot of medical jargons from different people, at some point, got confused but the good news is that my boy will overcome the challenge. Thanks all for your concerns. I love you all

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by delpee(f): 8:59am On Jun 01, 2017
I empathise with you Yemi. I know a few people with similar problems. Your child needs speciaIcare. I think you should join the Autism club. You'll get more information, support and assistance that way. A friend is a member of the club. Her son receives wonderful care and support and is able to talk slowly now. He's improved greatly and is doing well in a special school. He's now a teenager though.

I pray that your child improves tremendously soon. God makes all things possible.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by msbyao: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
yemi1261:
Yeah, I have been busy reading comments, suggestions and contributions of fellow nairalanders for the past few days concerning my child. I found a lot interesting and encouraging and I want to appreciate all for that. Even though I have not been directly answering most questions directed at me, all the same I still say "thanks" to you all. Though the boy's condition is depressing but I still thank God. I will continue to do my best and hope respite comes my way someday. I have heard a lot of medical jargons from different people, at some point, got confused but the good news is that my boy will overcome the challenge. Thanks all for your concerns. I love you all

He will be fine. Just try to get as much help and information as you can. He's still very young. With God and the right support, he will be able to do great things. You can pm me if you want to talk.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
delpee:
I empathise with you Yemi. I know a few people with similar problems. Your child needs speciaIcare. I think you should join the Autism club. You'll get more information, support and assistance that way. A friend is a member of the club. Her son receives wonderful care and support and is able to talk slowly now. He's improved greatly and is doing well in a special school. He's now a teenager though.

I pray that your child improves tremendously soon. God makes all things possible.
thumps up
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by sunnymighty(m): 5:06am On Jun 03, 2017
yemi1261:

OP dnt be distracted by some of these comments, some are right while some are not just as you rightly pointed out. Continue the good works you are doing for your son.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by shaybebaby(f): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2017
Yemi1261, I asked for you to send me your number so we can chat on WhatsApp. I am no medical professional, just a parent who understand the heartbreak of dealing with something like this.
Imagine your child to be vessel which you can fill with the things you want him to keep.
Keep putting the right stuff in and slowly but surely, the same things will start to emerge from him.
It may look like it is vain but trust me, you will be making a difference.

Read up on Temple Grandin. She is on the spectrum as well and the professionals even recommended institutionalisation for her. But her mum refused to give up. Together they defied the prognosis given to her. She is still on the spectrum but has found success with her passion for animals.

Everything you need is around you, you just need to be able to see it. I met a mum at the park yesterday who's son is on the spectrum(older than my boy). He didn't play on the swings as such but that boy was like a cat, he could climb and balance on stuff so well.
His mum said in this resigned voice, "he climbs everything". Instead I saw a potential Olympic gymnast. Even if it's not the Olympic level, he was showing natural aptitude for the skills gymnast possess. It is all about perspective.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
shaybebaby:
Yemi1261, I asked for you to send me your number so we can chat on WhatsApp. I am no medical professional, just a parent who understand the heartbreak of dealing with something like this.
Imagine your child to be vessel which you can fill with the things you want him to keep.
Keep putting the right stuff in and slowly but surely, the same things will start to emerge from him.
It may look like it is vain but trust me, you will be making a difference.

Read up on Temple Grandin. She is on the spectrum as well and the professionals even recommended institutionalisation for her. But her mum refused to give up. Together they defied the prognosis given to her. She is still on the spectrum but has found success with her passion for animals.

Everything you need is around you, you just need to be able to see it. I met a mum at the park yesterday who's son is on the spectrum(older than my boy). He didn't play on the swings as such but that boy was like a cat, he could climb and balance on stuff so well.
His mum said in this resigned voice, "he climbs everything". Instead I saw a potential Olympic gymnast. Even if it's not the Olympic level, he was showing natural aptitude for the skills gymnast possess. It is all about perspective.
thanks, let me send you a mail

1 Like

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by hailthee: 1:16am On Jul 10, 2017
@yem1261, you can see a consultant for free at the upcoming GTBank Annual Autism Conference. Visit this link to register
http://csr.gtbank.com/autism/new/you-want-your-child-to-see-a-consultant-for-free/
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by hailthee: 1:19am On Jul 10, 2017
All special needs parents should also try and take this survey. It will help shape the future of services in Nigeria. Please complete the survey if your child/children has Autism, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy or any other developmental condition.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/68H3BW5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? / Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.