Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? (8398 Views)

Tips In Playing Pes / What Upsets You The Most In Playing Video Games And How Do You React? / I know a robot will beat U in playing Piano Tile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by temmypotter(m): 1:55am On Mar 23, 2017
geebril:

They're the first move(s) a player makes..... Usually they determine the outcome of the game
i m not sure I agree with this, this can only be true when a pro is playing a rookie, when two pros play, the opening is basically just a rite of passage, doesn't determine shit.. except, you make a really terrible opening and in that case, you still may have something up your sleeve that your opponent is oblivious to! that's the beauty of chess.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by geebril(m): 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
temmypotter:
i m not sure I agree with this, this can only be true when a pro is playing a rookie, when two pros play, the opening is basically just a rite of passage, doesn't determine shit.. except, you make a really terrible opening and in that case, you still may have something up your sleeve that your opponent is oblivious to! that's the beauty of chess.
cheesy asif you know
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 5:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
temmypotter:
download and join the world's official chess community. (chess.com) it has the game, tutorials, live play with people All over the world, hints and all. I must say learning chess is a lifelong process, you need to give the effort, there are millions of materials on chess online, but for now learn the basic chess openings, Queen's gambit, Sicilian, ruy Lopez, etc.

I also recommend the chess titans on your PC, I don't know anyone personally who has won at a level 10 on that game.

Thanks bro.

...checking the site immediately

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by odysey: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2017
EniHolar:

Thanks bro.

download Gm Smirnov's books n YouTube videos and thank me l8r

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by MrPresident1: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
EniHolar:

Thanks bro.

Happy birthday Eniola, aponbepore grin many happy returns kiss
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 6:32am On Jul 30, 2017
MrPresident1:

Happy birthday Eniola, aponbepore grin many happy returns kiss

Awww... Tnx so much
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Homguy(m): 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
EniHolar:

Awww... Tnx so much
From someone who plays chess at least 6 times a day.
1. Firstly dont just download any chess app, download your app from chess.com. That app would analyze your moves at the end, teach you tactics anf openings anf also allow you to play online with ch3ss players all over the world.
2. Google things like " best chess openings", chess tatctics, "How to use a Bishop" or "Rook" or knight" you would find ideas tht would help you.
3. Also there are tons and tons of videos on youtube that you just have to search for.
4. Practise as much as possible always.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
Homguy:
1. Firstly dont just download any chess app, download your app from chess.com. That app would analyze your moves at the end, teach you tactics anf openings anf also allow you to play online with ch3ss players all over the world.
2. Google things like " best chess openings", chess tatctics, "How to use a Bishop" or "Rook" or knight" you would find ideas tht would help you.
3. Also there are tons and tons of videos on youtube that you just have to search for.

So helpful. I think I'm improving but I'll start playing with real people online now
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by thesuave10(m): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
EniHolar:

Most, in fact ALL, of my friends (even males) around don't know how to play it. So there's no one to actually practice the physical one with. I've got to discover only a little % of Nigerians know about the game.

A little %??. My dear you must be living in a thick yoruba village

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by thesuave10(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
Homguy:

This is a good advice. Also study people like Bobby Fisher and Kasparov. They are the best ever

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by thesuave10(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
And remember, chess is not taught, it is learnt. My crew and I play chess a lot and we go for chess competitions and are part of two chess clubs. You can try it as well

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Youngsage: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2017
Homguy:
spot on!
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by wyzoe: 11:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
temmypotter:

I also recommend the chess titans on your PC, I don't know anyone personally who has won at a level 10 on that game.

Chess Titans even at level ten isn't much of a challenge.

@ EniHolar

are you still interested in chess? Most of the advice here won't do you much good.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
wyzoe:

Chess Titans even at level ten isn't much of a challenge.

@ EniHolar

are you still interested in chess? Most of the advice here won't do you much good.

Yes... Yes... Yes
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by benjibabs(m): 5:24am On Sep 10, 2017
geebril:

let's see...
1. C4(white)
2. B3
3. Bishop B2
4. C4XD5
5. Kc3

that's queen gambit opening/style

Bro c4 is not queens gambit. And how could black play b3? And c4xd5 when d5 has not been played. Obviously, you are just bs'ing the OP. Not cool at all.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by benjibabs(m): 5:45am On Sep 10, 2017
EniHolar:
I have interest in playing chess since the first time I saw some guys playing it over 10 years ago. Although I never knew what the game was all about but from the way they gave it 100% unwavering attention, I knew the gains will be worth the pains. Someone (an amateur too sha grin ) later explained the functions of the 'people' on the chessboard (some months back when I went visiting)... and I realised it's actually more than a game.

I downloaded the app but if I play it 50 times, the computer will win 50 times cheesy despite the fact that I'm still on 'level one'. I even used it as my wallpaper (maybe seeing it always will enhance my ability) but it didn't help... angry

Please I will like any member who would be willing to share basic techniques with me... maybe there's something I'm yet to get right. Any necessary tip you share will be welcomed. Someone out there may also develop an interest in it as u share your knowledge on it.

Thanks

What have you learn so far? Just how the pieces move?

Since an amateur explained the basics to you earlier, I would advise you learn from a reliable source. Chess.com is a great resource.

Start here:

https://www.chess.com/learn-how-to-play-chess

Read that and post any questions you may have here and I will try to answer them as quickly as possible.

Happy learning.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Rick9(m): 1:20am On Sep 20, 2017
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by wyzoe: 7:40am On Sep 20, 2017
EniHolar:

Yes... Yes... Yes

How do we go about it? I don't post here regularly. I'd like to help.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Rick9(m): 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2017
EniHolar:
I have interest in playing chess since the first time I saw some guys playing it over 10 years ago. Although I never knew what the game was all about but from the way they gave it 100% unwavering attention, I knew the gains will be worth the pains. Someone (an amateur too sha grin ) later explained the functions of the 'people' on the chessboard (some months back when I went visiting)... and I realised it's actually more than a game.

Thanks

Plz join us in here
https://www.nairaland.com/4066108/chess-beginners-pros/7#63288608

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by arowz56(m): 9:24am On Dec 16, 2017
EniHolar:

I downloaded the app but if I play it 50 times, the computer will win 50 times cheesy despite the fact that I'm still on 'level one'. I even used it as my wallpaper (maybe seeing it always will enhance my ability) but it didn't help... angry

Please I will like any member who would be willing to share basic techniques with me... maybe there's something I'm yet to get right. Any necessary tip you share will be welcomed. Someone out there may also develop an interest in it as u share your knowledge on it.

Thanks

Chess is like ....life!! I mean every move you make can either make you win or lose so every single moves counts alot...thats why you see players so serious haha...well I play chess everyday...download chess.com app on your playstore...you learn alot from there...daily challenges and playing with people online...when you download let me know I teach you some...
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by arowz56(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2017
My username on chess.com is arowz....
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by alleazardous(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
Op hope you are very good now??
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by SolarKing1: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2020
geebril:
Firstly. Just learn various openings, like the king's gambit, sicillian defence, dragon variation.... And how to develop the pieces
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Della11: 11:56am On Feb 12, 2020
Firstly, you need to know the basics of chess. Try to Practice using the chessboard after downloading the app and start from the lowest level. seo companies in cochin Then play against the computer for improving the skills, try to practice many hours.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Johnny32: 6:09pm On May 06, 2020
Or you can visit this newest chess website for Nigeria players where you can get chess news, blogs,annotated games for beginners and intermediate players, non copyright chess materials all for free. Just visit www.chessforsharks. and be amazed. Follow for more interesting contents
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by amatosoft: 7:03am On Jun 03, 2020
Chess the most popular game in the world. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas on this one. digital marketing agency in Kochi digital marketing company Kochi
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by gifteasy: 7:14am On Jun 03, 2020
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by amelcindy88: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2020
Let's play with us. We can always have great time Spider Solitaire
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by BGames(m): 5:28am On Jul 22, 2020
You can play online Chess Games And increase your skills!
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by novaedu: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2020
Playing a chess is much difficult than we think.So first start with basics Study abroad consultant in kerala then you can get overall ideas.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by directservices: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2021
The game of chess is loved all over the world.. Top construction companies in Oman . it will help to improve memory

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xbox Series X | Razer Basilisk & Ultimate Mouse | Razer Hammerhead & Headset / How Many Skills Can U Do In Ps2? / Write The Name Of A Game Starting With The Letter Of The Previous Game Mentioned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.