Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,733 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Untitled - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Untitled (593 Views)

The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. / Untitled Poem / Untitled Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Untitled by DrTI(m): 1:35am On Mar 18, 2017
Umm...Just started working on a story,purely fictional. This is my first attempt on writing/posting a story. In other words, am an amateur writer and a work in progress,so corrections are allowed pls.Hope you do enjoy this.
Re: Untitled by DrTI(m): 1:37am On Mar 18, 2017
FRED

I woke up this morning,my heart still beating fast. Just had the craziest dream ever. My parents had a fight which turned bloody. My mum hit my dad on the head with a ceramic bowl,as a defense to his strangling her throat. BLOOD WAS GUSHING EVERYWHERE!.. Oh wait! I jerked up from the bed as I looked into the darkness and my eyes got accustomed to it. I realized then that I wasn't in my room,I wasn't even in my house. I started to my feet as the horrible event of last night suddenly played in my head. It wasn't a nightmare after all, my parents where really involved in a heated argument which got physical and it ended up in the hospital with my dad's head bandaged and my mum receiving some kind of therapy. My aunt and her husband had to come pick me up to stay the night with them as I couldn't stay by myself.
     My name is Fred Peters and am an only child to my not so peaceful unhappy parents. In my 17years of life have never seen a more unfit couple than my folks. Under their roof I have experienced civil war and world war back to back. It begs the question, "why did they get married in the first place?". Well in all the pain and agony they were still married and would be having their 20th anniversary come November this year.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's being two years since the incidence of my mum breaking a plate on my dad's head. Since then they've being somewhat  "peaceful" as they've not gotten physical but still throw abusive words every now and then. It's a wonder how am still sane after growing under the same roof with "Osama and Obama". Well, am now in my second year in the university studying Agricultural science and so far my stay has being truly EVENTFUL.
     As a light skin and handsome guy,tall as well. I walked with an air of confidence which made me the center of attraction for ladies and a rival not to be taken likely by my fellow guys who felt insecure. Well, my jovial nature really brought the ladies close to me and earned me a whole lot of friends both GOOD AND BAD. I joined the school's basketball team and in no time I stood out due to my exceptional skills. This warranted my coach to make me captain of the team,not minding that I was a year one student. Fortunately for me, I led my team into winning the gold medal at the NUUGA games. That thrift alone stormed me into the world of popularity and fame within my school. My sexcapades increased by the tens and I got accosted by members of various fraternities to join. In time I succumbed to one and joined the BLACK MAMBAS. I felt what better way to hype my status than joining the most feared and respected fraternity on campus,although it was kept secret. Not even my circle of friends new I belonged but it just helped my ego and made me feel invisible. I went back home on summer break that year not the same boy I was a couple of months back when I was but a fresher. Within one year I had accomplished a lot,my confidence had sporadically increased and above all I felt loved. I couldn't just wait for the holidays to be over already.
Re: Untitled by DrTI(m): 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
I'd really appreciate ur comments to know where I can improve on..Next update coming up.
Re: Untitled by sirblero(m): 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2017
loving this story bad bad...

#but that's the reason I don't like being TOOOO social..you attract Yourself GOOD ,BAD AND EVENTUALLY CULTIST..

#i fear that thing pass death sef...

althesame...#Good job..
*following..
Re: Untitled by DrTI(m): 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
FRED

Today I woke up all cheerful as it was the last day I would be spending at home for the holidays. I packed the last of my belongings in my bag as I hummed  the song "Ojuelegba -by  Wizkid" not knowing when my mum walked into my room as she pinched my back. I winced "Ah!..mummy what's that for?"
She smiled at me and replied "awwn...sorry baby did that hurt?..I shrugged at her question " I'm not a baby,stop calling me that" I said as I frowned. She bursted into laughter. "You need to see your face right now. "I'm not a baby,stop calling me that" she mimicked as she continued laughing. I just stared blankly at her as she walked over to lie on my bed faced up she then said "Oga Fred you will always be my baby now get that into your thick skull." I smiled as I replied,"I know,and thank you I got the bank credit alert you sent me".She sat up,"is that why you are in a good mood humming songs you clearly don't know the lyrics to". I laughed as I threw a pillow at her which she weaved."Oyaaaa! U wan try? SUPER-MAMA" I hailed her as  she laughed. "Abi na! I get super powers" she said as she showcased her fat filled biceps."Anyway Fred" she continued " That money I sent to you is not to be spent wastefully on girls..." "haba! Mummy na" I interrupted.. "Shuush let me finish" she hushed me and continued. "I know that father of yours won't give you better money to hold,so whatever he gives you just join it to this one and manage it well. You know how things are in this house,don't let my efforts be in vain. Don't forget where you came from. Your results for the previous session were outstanding,am proud of you my big baby". She said as she hugged me. " Don't tell me you want to cry" I teased. She slapped me playfully on  my cheek as she left my room. "Come to the dinning,breakfast is ready" she said as she jammed my door shut.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Monday afternoon I arrived my school from whence I boarded a bike to my lodge which was off- campus. As soon as I highlighted from the bike. My neighbours who were gisting just outside the compound started to hail praises. " Freddy lala" another shouted "Bossman wetin u bring come for boys?" At the same time carrying my bags and helping me with my load as I paid off the bike man. My closest neighbour Tunde who just happened to be leaving for lectures came outside,as soon as he saw me he screamed "FREDDY!" as  he raised me off d ground. I wondered where Tunde got his energy from as he was a lanky dude whereas I was well built with muscles at the right places. Tunde was a slim dude who ate too much,one would wonder where all the food goes. But, Tunde performs tasks hefty men can't complete.
"Guy drop me down, u wan wound me ni? I asked him. He laughed as he replied" I just miss you na. Why you just dey resume by this time when semester go soon finish". I laughed " You no well Tunde,shey na two weeks dem dey use complete one semester? Abeg come help me carry load inside room before you kill me with questions ".We carried the load into my room. I gave boys a bottle of Magic moments I purchased from a wine kiosk during the weekend before I resumed knowing fully well that boys in compound eye dey always red. The boys left my room after some hailing and praises, I was left with Tunde. Tunde then asked " Guy seriously what took you so long to resume?.. As I unpacked my bags I looked up at him and smiled "Guy na only two weeks extra I spend for house na, I be want make una miss me for school". Tunde kicked my butt and replied "U for stay  house the whole semester na,if na miss u dey find,mumu boy. Anyway,that your babe Adeola wey dey Law department dun dey disturb me dey always ask of you. E be like say she dun love up o".I laughed " Love up ko,close up ni,abeg that word no dey my dictionary. Wetin u come tell am wen she call u?". "Wetin u wan make I tell am before?..I tell am say e be like say dem dun use you do rituals as u never resume".I laughed hard at Tunde's comment as I dropped what I was doing and lay on my unmade bed. Tunde continued " U need to see the way the babe blast me for phone saying its me and not her baby ritualist would use. Na why I talk say she dun love up". I sat up from my bed looking serious this time "If that's the case,let her find love elsewhere, as a matter of fact I'd be avoiding her from now on...Tunde laughed as he called my name " Fred!". "what?" I asked. "Why e be say anytime u dey serious or you dey vex na the time you go remember speak 'queens' English".. With that I threw my empty bag at him which he weaved as he ran for my door." Guy we go see later na,I dun late for lectures "he slammed my door shut b4 I could throw something else at him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After Tunde had left my room,I had cleaned up my room which was really dusty and cobweb filled and had freshened up thereafter. Now,I was on a long cue at a UBA bank close to school. I wanted to deposit most of the money my dad had given me that morning before I left home for school. I spotted a very beautiful  young lady,she was brown skinned, full,wet,pouted lips with no lipstick on but sent the message " kiss me".She had really white cat eyes and she put on a purple tank top and a black skirt to match. Down my eyes roamed to her spotless sexy legs which she crossed as she sat across  the table of the banker at the "customer care" section which she made her complaints to. She looked pissed yet beautiful and I ogled at her sight. I shook my head after she had turned my direction and I was sure she looked at me briefly as she wore an amused expression then she turned her head to face the banker again. At that point,I realised I had being staring at her for "God knows how long" as it would soon get to my turn for the cashier to render service towards. I made up my mind then that I must get this girl.
As the cashier was about rounding up with my transaction, from the corner of my eyes I saw the beautiful lady stand up and on her way to the exit of the bank. I impatiently hurried the cashier as I took my pink slip and made for the exit.
I caught sight of her boarding a cab heading for campus and I hurriedly boarded that same cab,seating at the back with her I had no intention of going to the campus today as I didn't plan on going for lectures till Wednesday. "Oh well,I better get her contact so my journey to campus won't be in vain",I told myself. I cleared my throat loud enough to get her attention. She looked at me as I gave her the smile,that smile I knew made girls blush,it always brought out my dimples and yes it worked every time. She smiled back. Yes!. I leaped for joy in my heart as I stretched forth my hands to shake," Am Fred",she reached for my hands as she replied "Am Vera". Her palm was soft,I lingered on a bit not wanting to let go of her hand as I smiled again. " I noticed you looking stressed earlier at the bank,Who's putting this beautiful damsel in distress hmm?".She pursed her lips trying to hide a smile as she replied "Am no damsel o,but this banks and there policies especially with this BVN implementation is getting on my nerves". I was silent,telling her with my eyes that she should go on. "Imagine,they froze my account just because my date of birth on my BVN form didn't match with what they had on there system. Which obviously wasn't my fault,my foolish accountant had made that mistake from the onset and now they are giving me a list of what to provide before they can reactivate  my account. Can you imagine?". " The way they attend to customers at that bank with bad services,I often feel like hiring a gun just to scare them and see there reactions,while I command them to give better services " I joked,had to be on her side. She bursted out in laughter not able to hold it in this time. "Yes,one point for me" I said to myself. We kept on talking on other things. I got to find out she was reading Nursing and in her first year,she was based in Lagos like me and she stayed in one of the hostels on campus.
As we both highlighted and she was about to go on her way for lectures, I asked her for phone number confidently only for her to ask "What do you need my phone number for?". I was taken aback by her question, wasn't expecting a hindrance from getting her contact anymore as I felt she was now comfortable with me. I quickly composed myself as I replied sarcastically "I want to use it as decoration on my phone". " My phone number is not meant for decoration " she blurted out. I hid a smile forming on my lips as I asked "What is your number meant for?". " For calling,texting and just keeping touch in general" she blurted out almost interrupting me. I let out I smile as I said "Ehen?..OK ma! That's exactly what I'd do with your number when I have it but first,I need to have the phone number you know"I winked. She smiled as she hurriedly gave me her number this time."But don't bug me o!"she queried. I smiled as I told her I'd call her only at nights before I sleep. She smiled as we bid each other farewell. I kept on starring as she swayed her hips like a model on a runway. "Damn this Angel's got ass" I said to myself as I forced myself to stop looking and walked away.
Re: Untitled by DrTI(m): 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
sirblero:
loving this story bad bad...

#but that's the reason I don't like being TOOOO social..you attract Yourself GOOD ,BAD AND EVENTUALLY CULTIST..

#i fear that thing pass death sef...

althesame...#Good job..
*following..

lol...ikr?...One gatz be careful...
Tnx man
Re: Untitled by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
Wow Wat A Wonderful Pieces Dis Iz Really Expecting More
Re: Untitled by DrTI(m): 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Wow Wat A Wonderful Pieces Dis Iz Really Expecting More

Tnx bro..invite ur friends.Next update dropping soon.
Re: Untitled by sirblero(m): 11:53am On Mar 19, 2017
nice update... keep up the good work..
#i stand gigigbam....
Re: Untitled by DrTI(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2017
VERA'S POV

Back in my room in the hostel, one of my roommates, 'Amaka' was cooking 'Ogbono soup',electrifying the whole atmosphere with the lovely aroma emanating from her pot. My two other roommates 'Joke and Silvia' where out for lectures. My room was a 'four-man room' with a bunk at two corners of the room. Along with it were two wardrobes, one for each bunk,with two reading chairs and table. The room was painted pink and the wall was decorated with a "One-direction's" wallpaper as each and every member of the room was a big fan of the boy band. My favorite is Harry, gosh! I just love his voice and his cute smile that brings out his beautiful dimples,just like the handsome guy I met earlier today 'FRED'. Gosh! the dude is handsome and friendly. I felt so comfortable around him. Normally, I don't mix up with guys like that not to talk of giving out my number but with Fred, I felt at home?
"Ashewo!" Amaka screamed out,invading my thoughts. "Wetin dey make you blush and shine teeth like goat way dem dun roast for fire?" She asked. I let out a smile feeling embarrassed that I had being caught in my day dream. "So tell me,who be the bobo wey make my friend dey feel fly", she continued to tease. " Amaka wetin be your own?no bobo dey o!" I replied. "So u just sit down for reading chair dey shine teeth like that?"
"Ehn" I replied her again.
"You dun mad be that o! I go get meeting with the girls when dem return,make we decide which psychiatric hospital go best fit you"
I laughed out loud at her suggestion. "Aswear! Amaka you no well"
"That makes both of us" she replied. "If you no tell me wetin dey make you smile ehn! I swear I go carry out my threat" she continued.
"Haba! Amaka nawa for you sha"
Just then,my phone beeped as a text came up,before I could check it,Amaka picked the phone up quickly and ran to the kitchen to read my text.
"Amaka!" I screamed while chasing her,as she read my text out loud.
"Meeting you was not by chance,
I knew you were the one from the very first glance,
Your beauty got me spellbound as am lost in a trance.
I wish to see you again,hopefully we'd get to dance."

"He added a wink smiley at the end of the text. This is from Fred". I grabbed my phone from her as I read the text myself smiling from 'ear to ear'.
" So,...she said dragging the "oooo"... Is Fred the sly bastard that has being making my friend smile all day?" Amaka asked as I quickly replied the text. When I was done texting,I looked at my friend who was eager and anticipating a gist. I breathe in deeply as I narrated the events of the day and how I and Fred met. All this while, she listened quietly without interrupting and when I was done,she smiled and asked "so you like this guy don't you?"
I sighed as I replied "Well, he made an impression I must admit. Other than that, I can't say until our first date,which is tomorrow evening at Fivers'. To that she hailed " Oshey! Baddest!!, you have quickly gone to fix date at a restaurant so you can chop free food abi? Long throat, you like food gaan o". "Na u no come like food" I clapped back.
"No! I don't" she replied defensively.
"Ehen!" I muttered "but sha,bring take away for me o! she quickly put in.
" Take away ko,better go and check your soup that's on the fire before you start to salivate for food you haven't seen yet". With that,she ran to the kitchen to quickly save the almost burnt soup that she's cooking.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Loosing It To A Call Girl / Secret Covenant / Anticipate To Be Captivated: War Of Words Season 6 (slam Poetry Competition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.