Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? (77034 Views)

Latest Polished Type Of Floor Concrete Stamping( Beautiful And Shiny) / New Herringbone Weave 3d Wall Tile - A New Approach To Tile And Stone / TUTORIAL: How Many Packet Of Tiles Do I Need For My Room (using 600 X 600 Tiles) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 1:44am On Mar 18, 2017
With much love in my heart for all my readers, i would like to talk about one important element of the home which is tile and today, i will be taking us through the process of calculating how many Cartons of Tiles i would need for my room, apartment or home.

How Many Packet Of Tiles Will Be Used For One Room?

Today i will be using a One Room Apartment as a case study and would also like to write this based on my environment, Nigeria.

I am going to write based on Nigeria because some few things i may mention here may not apply to other countries. But i know most times what is applicable here in Nigeria also applies elsewhere.

So you'd like to tile your home, but do not know how many packets of tiles that would complete the project and would also not want some tiler to come and over estimate the whole thing right?

Ok, Here we will try to make this simple for you...

The first thing you must understand or know when calculating the number of packets of tiles to purchase for your home is the dimension of the room or apartment you'd like to tile.

Let me Use a single room now...

A room measuring

L = 2.5m
W = 2.4m

Now having measure the length and width and obtained the figures above, lets now get the area of the entire room to be tiled

How To Calculate The Area Of A Room

Now Area = L x B
Area = 2.5 X 2.4
Total Area = 6m2

What this means is that the area of the room is 6 square meters and so, how many packet of tiles do i buy for this project?

In order to be able to calculate the number of packets of tiles to buy, you must first know the dimension of the particular tile you're buying

I love using the 400mm x 400mm tile because its easy to calculate, this does not however mean i cannot handle any type of tile out there.

Floor Tiles And Dimension
Here in Nigeria, Floor Tiles has the following dimensions:

400 x 400
400 x 250
250 x 250
300 x 300

For the sake of this tutorial, i am going to use a 400mm x 400mm tile.

OK....

Now, For every Packet, There are 12 Pieces

Now you need to know how many square meters there are in one packet of tile.

How to Calculate the area of a Floor tile

You can also go further to know the area of one tile by simply multiplying 400 x 400 = 0.16m2

The Area Of One Packet Of Tiles

Now since the area of one tile is 0.16m2, there are 12 tiles in one packet

Therefore the total area in one packet of tile would be 12 x 0.16 = 1.92m2

Now in one Packet of tile, we have 1.92m2

How many packet Of Tiles will be just enough for my room measuring 6m2?

In Order to know this, quickly divide 6 by 1.92 (6/1.92 = 3.125)

The number of Packets would be 3.125

But we also know that there is no way you'd wanna approximate a packet of tile ans so you'll need to buy 4 packets of tiles for your Room.

Things You Must Have In Mind When Tiling Your Room

Please Note: You're also going to need some extra piece of tile for the skirting since you need skirting to make the work a perfect one.

You are also going to Buy 2 Bags of Cement (Depending on the thickness of the mortar)...

You are also required to hire the services of an experienced Tiler...

You Can Get More From http://buildingcontractorsecrets..com/2017/03/tutorial-how-to-calculate-the-number-of-tiles-required-to-tile-your-apartment.html

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by newyorks(m): 2:05am On Mar 18, 2017
u nailed it dia,are u a tiler or...?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Nutase: 7:20am On Mar 18, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:20am On Mar 18, 2017
Depends on the size of the room

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by marltech: 7:21am On Mar 18, 2017
Awon tilers
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by money121(m): 7:21am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice one from the Op.. Don't really know much about Floor Tiles.. But When come To Roofing Tiles, Aluminum Roofing.. Kindly Call/WhatsApp 080-85-310-359.. For your Current Price... And Accurate Measurement..

Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For The Stone Coated Roofing Tile >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Anijay1212(m): 7:21am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice info.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by justi4jesu(f): 7:21am On Mar 18, 2017
smiley smiley
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mailingdgreat: 7:22am On Mar 18, 2017
Even as simple as this calculation may seem, one stupid tiler go still dey think say to calculate d tin na rocket science go dey wan knack me akpako. Thunder fire dat tiler!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:24am On Mar 18, 2017
wehdon sir

©YBR
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by legendsilver(m): 7:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Just call the tiler and pay him off, y must I stress my brain on how many squares needed?

The wahala in Lagos is too much for me to add tilers own join.
Next pls

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by alsudaes1(m): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2017
You would make a good teacher.

6 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by nelsonroyalty(m): 7:27am On Mar 18, 2017
I was seriously looking for this information. good one op

4 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by FavoredGuy: 7:28am On Mar 18, 2017
@Op, I am not your 'reader' but I really appreciate you for this post. It will go a long way in helping people in their estimation and project execution.

Cc:
Mrlouis.
Come on board with your scanning device. Your food don done here. I remain loyal Sir.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by klassykute(m): 7:30am On Mar 18, 2017
depends. 7pacet if vertify tiles is 14 meters. 8 is 16 meters. in most case of duplex 10 to 11 is needed cos of d size
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Bgorgeous: 7:31am On Mar 18, 2017
Thanks dear for sharing this knowledge
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by loomer: 7:34am On Mar 18, 2017
By the time tiler break most of the tiles, u go buy extra

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by conine: 7:35am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice one, even a layman will understand this

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by emmaliver(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice and concise
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by smartty68(m): 7:53am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice one OP.
But some of us go don break the tiles finish even before we start the workgrin
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by etenyong(m): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2017
Thanks for this info. Once i get to my site this morning, I will use this formula to get d Sq mtr of the floors. The tiler can't get away with this one in term of number of pack or quantities to buy.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by veekid(m): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2017
Opethom come and read
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Ngasky(m): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2017
G
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by opius: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2017
Good one OP
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by kolomax(m): 7:59am On Mar 18, 2017
nice one op ...this is what we need on nairaland not olajumoke,tonto and co

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by opethom(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2017
I dey follow the thread, I'll read later... Thanks Veekid
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Collins4u1(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2017
Thanks alot. Been wondering
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Exponental(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2017
Op. you shpuld have added...... bad tiling results to total waste of money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Modern House Designs In Nigeria Right Now (pics) / Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.