Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,708 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

“We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN (27774 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) / False Evidence Against Apostle Johnson Suleman REVEALED. / "My Daughter Lied Against Apostle Suleman" - Stephanie's Otobo's Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by street2view: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2017
The Christian Association of Nigeria has said the organisation will not investigate allegations of sexual misconduct being made by Ms. Stephanie Otobo against Apostle Johnson Suleman, founder of Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide.

A top official at the CAN’s national office told Saturday PUNCH on Friday that the organisation is only concerned with denominational issues and not personal ones, under which Suleman’s case falls.

Otobo had accused Suleman of illegal procurement of abortion, threat to life, and attempted murder, following which a Christian group, Concerned Christians, called on CAN to investigate the allegations.

In a statement signed by the Concerned Christians’ Secretary, Mr. Yusuf Dav, the group said there was a need for CAN to investigate the “alleged adultery case with a view to knowing the truth and communicating with the body of Christ.”

However, the CAN source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “CAN provides an umbrella for Christian denominations and it is a bridge between the church and the nation, not between individuals. This issue has to do with individuals, ethics and morals. So it is the denomination that Suleman directly subscribes to that should look into it and not CAN.

“The CAN cannot be involved. What is happening is not an official issue. It is a personal issue. The man has denied the allegations made by the lady, but she insists and we are told that their lawyers and the appropriate authorities are already involved. If it was a matter that had to do with the church now, we would have waded into it. You will be aware that when the man was being harassed because of what he preached and said, CAN stepped in. We declared our position on that but this other matter is a little bit complex.

“If CAN comes out to say the man is being persecuted because he is a Christian, people might say that we are defending what is not defendable, and that the matter is immoral. Also, we don’t have an investigative department that deals with that in CAN. But if he is with the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, then the body can investigate the matter. CAN is an umbrella body for denominational blocs and not for individual Christians per se.”

However, efforts to reach the National President, PFN, Dr. Felix Omobude, on the phone were unsuccessful as he neither answered calls made to his mobile telephone nor responded to text message sent to him.

The Chairman, PFN, Edo State, where Suleman is based, Bishop Mon Igbinosa, told our correspondent on the telephone that he was bereaved and could not comment on the issue or direct our correspondent to any other official who could.

https://www.punchng.com/we-wont-investigate-allegations-against-apostle-suleman-can/amp/

10 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by ritababe(f): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2017
good because there is nothing to investigate, the so-called lady knows the way to court but i guess she preferred the media because that's what her pay masters want.

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by kinstar112: 8:41am On Mar 18, 2017
I hope they are doing the right thing
Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by LordOfNaira: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2017
ritababe:
good because there is nothing to investigate, the so-called lady knows the way to court but i guess she preferred the media because that's what her pay masters want.

I am sure you didn't read their view on the matter!!!

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by thesicilian: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice move. They should leave him alone to sort out his personal issues.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by LesbianBoy(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2017
What is there to investigate?

It is very obvious he is guilty undecided

42 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by yomi007k(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2017
ritababe:

cc. mynd44

Cc seun join. Nonsense!

Since u all dont want us to speak the truth again.

If Suleiman had had sex wt u n CAN did no interrogation im sure u wud call it d will of God.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by SweetBoyFriend(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2017

Because the politicians that hired that girl to blackmail the man of God will soon be exposed.

Buhari, you will never go unpunished

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by lonelydora: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Please don't. If he was a Mulism imam, you won't even hear them talk about it. CAN thank you for not pouring petrol into fire by investigating it.

To all Christians reading this thread.

I don't condone any form of evil but it's high time we stopped condemning our fellow Christians and making caricature of them no matter what. It gives the Muslim brothers room to insult us.

Do you think if any Muslim cleric is caught red handed with a girl/woman in a hotel that the news will see the light of the day?

Do you think the Muslim Nairalanders are foo.lish when they put a creed on any Muslim thread which they refused to put on Christian thread? It is because they do not want non-Muslims to insult their faith but find joy in insulting other people's faith (some of them shaa).

Someone once said here on Nairaland that since we Christians joke with everything about us, they have no option than to join us in joking with it too, but since they don't joke with theirs, we should also not joke with theirs.

Let him that have ear hear the word.

Edited: For those quoting me... I am not saying we should cover up the sins of our pastors, but non-Christians shouldn't help to make jest of it. I lived a better part of me in the Northern part of Nigeria. I know how sinful some of these Muslims are, both their men and women, but you won't hear them broadcast it everywhere. You guys should remove the log in your eyes before removing the spec in another's eye.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by TINALETC3(f): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Let God judge

5 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by marltech: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017

2 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by Ngokafor(f): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017
...Good move by CAN....APC and their Buhari Media Centre(BMC crew),muslims,atheists should go jump over the cliff with their latest heroine and mentor Stephanie otobo cheesy

...You guys should try harder next time..nonsense.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by arsenal33: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017
...or else you will be opening a dirty CAN of worms!

16 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by atuanso84: 10:26am On Mar 18, 2017
Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by oladimejiX: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2017
Not surprised
CAN CAN not do anything about it since he CAN do whatever he wants and get away with it.
Colobi Association of Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2017
These allegations are most likely true and if its a lie, what I and almost everyone else who is not guilty would do is to sue these people for defamation since they are not faceless for crying out loud. If I dont sue, I would challenge them to come forth with evidences such as date and time of the encounter and I would provide an alibi showing that I was somewhere else at the time. He cant do any of that because he is most likely guilty. When such stories are mere rumours and cant be traced to anyone per say, then it might be a lie but when such allegations are traced to people who own up to their story and even provide time, dates and places of occurence, the chances of it being a lie is slim because u cant lie against such a public figure and go scotch free. He arrested stephanie for blackmail, why hasnt he gotten the police involved in this reputation scandal? The blackmail which was done in secret and this reputation scandal done in the open, which is worse? It was even stephanie the accuser who challenged the police to investigate her claims. Would u have the nerve to involve the police in such a high profile case if u were lying? Even moreso that she already has a police case running, I doubt she would want to get in more trouble but yet she is sticking to her story. These allegations are most likely true and I am disappointed in the man. Its offensive and im offended by it

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by femi4: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2017
ritababe:
Olodo....Is that your deduction from the post

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by Princefrankie1(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2017
Lol. This people should keep on deceiving the gullible Christians who believe their story.

By the way, some of una wey carry Christianity for head like Okpa, I have a question for yall.

A Christian that cannot sacrifice his life and become a martyr for what he believes in, is that one a Christian?

Lol. I sabi learn crazy things sharp sharp. If na Operation Research now abi Logic gates i for never understand o. Lol

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by yeyeboi(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2017
Ok
Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by skyman200(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice one,no fake investigation, let the lady received the money she was paid to blackmail the man of God although I'm not his follower.

3 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2017
Cos he paid y'all already or maybe not.
They won't talk now. Ndi ara.
Once it's a man of God, he's clean and holy.
No lady can come out to blackmail you like this if you two didn't have something going on.
It's like a nairalander coming out to accuse me of rape. Who u epp?
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about what matters. Martin Luther King Jr said that.

Don't quote me, intense heat will do you today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by AngelicBeing: 10:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Ngokafor:
Yess
l agree with CAN wink

3 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by kaffy4tope(m): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2017
ritababe:

This is kinda biatch that wl be raped but won't have guts to speak out.....madam shut up, let real women fight for their rights.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by Dongreat(m): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Truth is the CAN has lost the their way since they decided to move HQRS to politics. They moved from the free teachings of God to profit ventures by encouraging their members to sell Oil, water, stickers, bracelets and handkerchief, calling these items anointed. They where present when the scandal of arms smuggling from SA into Nigeria by their former president, worse still was at a time of BH menace and elections campaigns, yet they kept shut without meaningful explanations. You think promiscuity by one of their huge internal revenue will move them to fair actions? The least I expected was an investigation but no more expectations. Well, don't expect much from bunch of people claiming they hear words from higher being when many educated and exposed folks know that ''tis nothing but an early sign of "schizophrenia".
Ps: for the Religious freak read psalm 1-2. I know it's not Malachi but be fair and reason when reading that verse. Shalom

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by mykelmeezy: 10:29am On Mar 18, 2017
I'm fed up with this apostle issue

.things r so bad that people will cling to whatever distracts them from their own reality

3 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by fratermathy(m): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Why should you?

Exposing him means exposing all of you.. .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by loomer: 10:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Una be police before?

1 Like

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by deaken: 10:29am On Mar 18, 2017
kinstar112:
I hope they are doing the right thing
Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by lonelydora: 10:30am On Mar 18, 2017
yomi007k:

Keep quiet. Hypocrite.

CAN is useless and biased body for this statement.

Are you a Christian or Muslim?

4 Likes

Re: “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 18, 2017
ritababe:

See as you fair,bet you got that firefly punanni the kind that glow in the dark.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Benefits Of Paying Tithes / Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland / Abimbola Adelakun Held Hostage In COZA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.