Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Reasons Why Responding With Love Is The Best Way To Revenge - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Reasons Why Responding With Love Is The Best Way To Revenge (390 Views)

Landwey Realtor Conference. The Best Way To Predict The Future Is To Create It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Responding With Love Is The Best Way To Revenge by Fatherherokay(m): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of America said, “am I not destroying my enemies by creating friendship with them?” This is a simple rhetorical question from a man of wisdom that understands the true meaning of life.

Your conquer your enemies more, not by creating grudges, neither by showing hatred or reciprocating evil, but by showing them love beyond their expectation (It sound stupid? But that is the true way!). Although the pain they inflicted on you may last a short while, theirs
can be forever.

The great Indian activist and freedom fighter, Mahatma Gandhi also said “an eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind”. The more reason why evil is predominant in our society is not just because some people are naturally wicked, but also because, the majority of the people have been disoriented, misled and corrupted, and thus always trying to seek for revenge of the pain they have been caused. They may either try to revenge on the person that did them evil, or they may try to transfer their vengeance to any other innocent person that comes their way. This mentality is absolute naiveness for those who are wise enough to understand the true meaning of life. Mahatma Gandhi also said, “anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding”.

Has it ever happened to you when you backbite, offend or lie at someone, but the person yet smiled back at you or probably he or she responded back with a hug? Such a person has successfully won over you. The pain of the guilt you feel within is much more than the pain you caused the fellow. Let us visit the holy scriptures, reading from the books of Romans 12: 19-20; it says: Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord’. Verses 20: on the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink: for in so doing, thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head”

Even the Book of Proverb 25: 21-22 affirm this. It says: if your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat, if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. (22) In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord shall reward thee.
READ MORE ON www.ishopealive.com

(1) (Reply)

Newest And Reliable Networking Business June 2017!!!! / Do You Still Want To Join The Band Of People Looking For Jobs? / Cvvbbxx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.