Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses (42601 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by lastmessenger: 11:19am On Mar 19, 2017
bugativeron:
This post is totally misleading. You take a decision to be baptised as a Jehovah's witness through water baptism by yourself no body ever force anyone to be. Even parents dont make that choice for their children. If you decided to abandon the truth which the organisation is after baptism, you will be excommunicated by your family member and fellow witnesses. You are deem fit to mix wit other people but witnesses hold on strongly to the bible quote, that whoever abandon the truth is worse than and unbeliever and you should not associate with such. Because he willingly abandon the truth.
On issue of blood the bible admonishes us to abstain from blood, because it is life itself.
I pray they ban you sickos in rushia and in the whole world. Anybody at anytime is free to change his belief and that does not mean the church should brainwash people especially family members not to relate with such a person. Jw is nothing but evil 100%.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Notatribalist(m): 11:19am On Mar 19, 2017
God will judge you for telling such lies against Jehovah's witnesses.mind u,I am no longer a member of the organization.for Christ sake,what concerns Jehovah's witness and child molestation you mentioned?infact u are wicked,very wicked.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by mmsen: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2017
doingood:
Why would u ban any religion. Every body with his or her believe

Because their beliefs are as destructive to the mind as any illicit drug.

In the same way that some societies see fit to protect their citizens from the harmful side-effects of heroin, cocaine and marijuana so too should we seek to protect the weak from the destruction caused by Islam, Christianity and the others.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by lastmessenger: 11:22am On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

lol @ spy network. yeah, it does sure wanna look like that but, it isn't.
JW have houses themselves. some live in very comfortable houses, if we are less busy, I tell u,d sleep on bed can be so sweet, we wish to stay indoors ourselves, but, we can't.
preaching is shut up in our bones, we always gotta let it out. and dats because from house to house from door to door, on the streets in public places, you find a JW because, it's a command to preach!!! anywhere u find people, JW would breathe there.
and that does not support u sickos braking homes just because someone made a decision not to continue with your deluded faith.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ekanDamie: 11:23am On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Now is people getting other diseases from blood transfusion hmmmm. Blood is precious to God so if blood is used to save life then it will make God happy. If animals and humans are thesame in God's eyes why will God say they should kill animals for food and also say dey should not kill humans? Stop making God look like a sadist.
but yeah you know people get diseases from blood transfusion.
as about blood, if am talking to an atheist, it's quite different but for someone who believes in God and d Bible, it should be better. when it comes to the issue of blood,
be it animal or human, God wants us to respect blood because blood is life!!
kill animal and eat is not disrespect for life, it's when you eat it with its blood I.e when you don't allow it to bleed d right way that is a disrespect. we are not to kill humans DAT way cos God says we should not murder.
ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD is what God says. its difficult but, d most difficult things to do are often d best things to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ezra1990: 11:25am On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Thank God is let the animal bleed out and it is do not eat blood. Blood transfusion the human doesn't die after blood donation and the blood is not eaten.
Eating blood n taking it thru ur vein, what's the difference? let's be reasonable!!!
What if a Doctor ask u not to drink alcohol n u agreed but went taking it thru your vein....what's the difference? No matter what Truth will always prevail!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by gemale(m): 11:28am On Mar 19, 2017
Martins301:
Incoherent write up. At one point you hate JW at another you love them. You need to get your sh!t together and take a stand.
Dts 1 problem a lot of humans hv.... Intolerance! Wt he's saying is dt yes he doesn't see eye 2 eye wt d beliefs of D jw because dey r exteme bt dey hv d ryt 2 practice their religion & dey shldnt b harassed or banned. He neva said he loved dem. He's suggesting dt instead of extreme measures 2 b meted out 2 D jw, dey shld instead be monitored closely 2 make sure dt dey dnt spiral out of control. Dt is wt d writer is prescribing; a method of moderation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 11:31am On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

its understandable if you don't like the witnesses, but don't you think u are being extreme?
can u mention a communal clash JW Ave ever been involved with let alone terrorism?you may think the doctrine are abnormal but DAT does not relate them to bombers, b more realistic brov.

You don't have to have a communal clash before you are classified as an extremist. Jihadist believe in God using them to cleanse earth so they will do it with their own hands and tools killing non islamists while jws believe in earth cleansing ingredients by God using Jesus with governing body members and anointed 144000 killing non jws. Sometimes the wishes are just all it takes being classified as extremist. Both have same wish ie for people not in their various organisation/institution to die when God decides.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

but yeah you know people get diseases from blood transfusion.
as about blood, if am talking to an atheist, it's quite different but for someone who believes in God and d Bible, it should be better. when it comes to the issue of blood,
be it animal or human, God wants us to respect blood because blood is life!!
kill animal and eat is not disrespect for life, it's when you eat it with its blood I.e when you don't allow it to bleed d right way that is a disrespect. we are not to kill humans DAT way cos God says we should not murder.
ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD is what God says. its difficult but, d most difficult things to do are often d best things to do

People also get saved without diseases from blood too. If blood is life then using it to save life will be no problem for God. God never said abstain from blood transfusion
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ekanDamie: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2017
gemale:

Dude quit twisting scripture. Abstaining from blood meant d non consumption of unbled meat. If we follow ur line of reasoning, dt means we shld hv nothing 2 do wt blood. Hence, we shldnt kill Animals since killing dem exposes us 2 contact wt their blood. So let's say u r shaving/cooking & u cut urself, doesn't dt mean u hv sinned since u hv come in contact wt blood? If u blv dt blood transfusion is evil & it's beta 2 die dan receive blood, den u must also blv dt d use of drugs 4 treatment is bad because it's tantamount 2 nt allowing God 2 heal u Himself. [b]Jesus Christ gave his blood to save us & 2 b Christian is 2 b Christ-like so y can't I gv my blood 2 try & save anoda?[/b
Jesus came from heaven into d womb of a virgin, are u gonna come DAT way too?
Jesus preached for 3yrs thru d length n breath of surrounding cities, have u done DAT?
Jesus was pierced n died a painful death have u done dat?
and yet you talking about saving others wen u havnts even done d least of things he did on earth. salvation is individual, Save yourself first brov.
and wen we talk of Jesus shedding his blood, all those of his disciples did not go ahead n start licking his blood nor did they ask d roman army to save his blood so we can be transfused till today to be saved.
Jesus "sacrificed" himself, so don't talk about blood n saving like it was consumed directly brov.
and, personal contact with blood is not what I ever said, rather I talked about "consumption" of blood and if u say abstinence from blood is not eating unbled meat, aren't we saying d same thing? unbled meat has blood stuck in d animal. that is the kind of meat Nebuchadnezzar offered d Hebrew boys that they refused. they ABSTAINed from blood. so should we.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2017
bugativeron:
This post is totally misleading. You take a decision to be baptised as a Jehovah's witness through water baptism by yourself no body ever force anyone to be. Even parents dont make that choice for their children. If you decided to abandon the truth which the organisation is after baptism, you will be excommunicated by your family member and fellow witnesses. You are deem fit to mix wit other people but witnesses hold on strongly to the bible quote, that whoever abandon the truth is worse than and unbeliever and you should not associate with such. Because he willingly abandon the truth.
On issue of blood the bible admonishes us to abstain from blood, because it is life itself.

I like how you pointed out that the organization has the 'right' to excommunicate members that fail to abide by certain 'rules' and on the other hand you cry wolf when the government tries to enforce her own rules against those that fail to abide by it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ollah2: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2017
dohyn:
My main grouse with Jehovah's witnesses is this blood transfusion issue..I work with patients that have Chronic Kidney Disease and they usually require blood transfusion due to the nature of the disease.
When a new patient comes and I see the person is a JW,I know his/her time on this earth is not long again.I've seen at least 5 patients die due to refusal to take blood. Last one was one fine 23 yr lady. Both she and her husband adamantly refused blood. She died on the dialysis machine.
The only one that I know survived was because the husband loved her more than their religion. She was unconscious on the machine,we told him her only saving grace was blood. He thought long and hard and agreed. He however said we shouldn't put the blood transfusion sticker in her case note and throughout the process,no family member came to see her on the machine.
Till today,even the woman does not know she had blood..thinks her faith made her whole.

Wow. I'm stunned. I guess she did thanskgiving and her pastors will shout Alleluya countless times

Religion is truly opium of the masses. Karl Marx was right afterall.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2017
ezra1990:

Eating blood n taking it thru ur vein, what's the difference? let's be reasonable!!!
What if a Doctor ask u not to drink alcohol n u agreed but went taking it thru your vein....what's the difference? No matter what Truth will always prevail!!!

If a doctor sees that using alcohol through the vein can lead to the treatment of a disease he will not hesitate to use it but for now alcohol cant be used. Alcohol gives thesame effect when eaten and when given via the veins. Blood transfusion does not give thesame effect with eating blood. Your doctrines are built on lies and fallacies I now see why Russia says they are extremists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 11:40am On Mar 19, 2017
ollah2:

Wow. I'm stunned. Religion is truly opium of the masses. Karl Marx was right afterall

Religion is a snare and racket
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ekanDamie: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2017
xynerise:

In summary, you are saying if your close relative is about to die and your blood is needed to keep him alive, you will walk to his bed side and tell him "Bro, fvck off, I ain't giving you my blood, die well"?
bro, we all don't pray for something bad to happen, but life in this world will always bring tears n pain. I would never tell anyone to fvck off, even my enemy.
but, it's easier for us JW to give up our lives in obedience to God because we have a 'hope' it's painful leaving loved ones behind we decisions like this come up. but, we look forward to a perfect new world where all of human suffering will be done away with.
if dieing is d sacrifice that is required to gain everlasting life, bro, living forever in a peaceful new world is 1million times better than the 80-100yrs of hardship on earth no matter your financial status. this presently, isn't d real life.
its just that, a lot of people don't have real hope in d paradise, it's just a story or fluke to them hence d reason why they wanna save life at all cost cos dey believe YOLO.
we don't!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by atoleybaba(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2017
dohyn:
My main grouse with Jehovah's witnesses is this blood transfusion issue..I work with patients that have Chronic Kidney Disease and they usually require blood transfusion due to the nature of the disease.
When a new patient comes and I see the person is a JW,I know his/her time on this earth is not long again.I've seen at least 5 patients die due to refusal to take blood. Last one was one fine 23 yr lady. Both she and her husband adamantly refused blood. She died on the dialysis machine.
The only one that I know survived was because the husband loved her more than their religion. She was unconscious on the machine,we told him her only saving grace was blood. He thought long and hard and agreed. He however said we shouldn't put the blood transfusion sticker in her case note and throughout the process,no family member came to see her on the machine.
Till today,even the woman does not know she had blood..thinks her faith made her whole.
too bad for d husband
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 11:43am On Mar 19, 2017
Notatribalist:

God will judge you for telling such lies against Jehovah's witnesses.mind u,I am no longer a member of the organization.for Christ sake,with concerns Jehovah's witness and child molestation you mentioned?infact u are wicked,very wicked.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

How is it a lie? When there is proof everywhere.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Handsomecole(m): 11:47am On Mar 19, 2017
Don't waste your time I born Catholic and will die Catholic. I advice you to come to the light of the Catholic Church, the one true church. The church was born centuries before you were born , so don't make a fool of yourself teaching me history of what you read.
ezra1990:

You were born in the Church doesn't mean u have all the facts bout the origin, practices n doctrines of the Church.....History is one thing I know that never lies, why not go to archives(e.g Encyclopedia Britannica, e.t.c) and see for urself. Don't just be blinded by sentiments n emotions but facts......and always ask the most important questions like the boreans of old in the Bible..... and then u will see the light.....that is if you love the light.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ekanDamie: 11:50am On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

People also get saved without diseases from blood too. If blood is life then using it to save life will be no problem for God. God never said abstain from blood transfusion
the fact that we wait for God to write every commandment in black n white is a justification that we ourselves don't read d Bible n meditate on it.
do u smoke? can you abort a baby? there is no where in the Bible it's expressly written not to do these things but yet it's a sin. God never said ABSTAIN FROM blood transfusion but are u abstaining from blood by being transfused?
doctor says do not take alcohol and u agreed only to start injection urself with alcohol instead. u would agree with me that I've headed d doctors advice, isn't it?
for the whole obligation of man is, fear the true God, and keep his commandment
ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by gemale(m): 11:51am On Mar 19, 2017
ezra1990:

Deres a difference. If u eat blood, it passes thru ur oesophagus, enta in2 ur stomach where it's broken down by digestive enzymes, then d nutrients r absorbed by d small intestine whilst d excess or waste r excreted via d anus. Anything consumed via d GIT is broken down 2 its basic structure & used by d body 4 nutrients. Carbohydrates bcoms glucose, which undergoes glycolysis 2 bcom pyruvate, proteins bcoms amino acids, lipids bcoms fatty acids. However if blood is transfused, it isn't digested. It serves mainly 2 restore depleted quantities of red blood cells dt hv bn lost rapidly so dt oxygen & oda essential substances can be supplied 2 d necessary body parts & d patient doesn't go in2 shock & die due 2 serious anaemia. If we follow ur ignorant view dt transfusion is d same as feeding d person blood, then it wld b possible 2 substitute food 4 blood in transfusion & d person wld survive.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Notatribalist(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

How is it a lie? When there is proof everywhere.
your types only come online to spill nonsense, oya show me the proof nan.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

bro, we all don't pray for something bad to happen, but life in this world will always bring tears n pain. I would never tell anyone to fvck off, even my enemy.
but, it's easier for us JW to give up our lives in obedience to God because we have a 'hope' it's painful leaving loved ones behind we decisions like this come up. but, we look forward to a perfect new world where all of human suffering will be done away with.
if dieing is d sacrifice that is required to gain everlasting life, bro, living forever in a peaceful new world is 1million times better than the 80-100yrs of hardship on earth no matter your financial status. this presently, isn't d real life.
its just that, a lot of people don't have real hope in d paradise, it's just a story or fluke to them hence d reason why they wanna save life at all cost cos dey believe YOLO.
we don't!

Paradise that your jehovah will have to kill 99.9% of earth's population first. You know Adam and Eve were naked in paradise so therefore all those your magazine people draw their makeshift paradise with people wearing clothes are just lies.
Paradise earth is just a story made by your founders. The design is also made by your founders

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Notatribalist:
your types only come online to spill nonsense, oya show me the proof nan.

Google jw and child molestation cases in Australia
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by blont(m): 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
Lukenitheooo6:
Those people can disturb for Africa

when they come to my lounge when i see them knocking i

pretend to be sleeping for them to go before they turn me to an atheist
''if u deny me, i will deny you'' this why u dont get spiritual blessing at time.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
Notatribalist:
God will judge you for telling such lies against Jehovah's witnesses.mind u,I am no longer a member of the organization.for Christ sake,with concerns Jehovah's witness and child molestation you mentioned?infact u are wicked,very wicked.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/child-abuse-settlements.php
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ekanDamie: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Paradise that your jehovah will have to kill 99.9% of earth's population first. You know Adam and Eve were naked in paradise so therefore all those your magazine people draw their makeshift paradise with people wearing clothes are just lies.
Paradise earth is just a story made by your founders. The design is also made by your founders
the fact it is designed that way does not mean dat is how it will be. its just a pictorial illustration of beautiful surroundings. dem wearing clothes, whether or not we would we wear clothes we don't know, but are u expecting images of naked people?
d question is, do u even believe in the Bible or in God's promise of a paradise? yes/no brov.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Notatribalist(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Google jw and child molestation cases in Australia
hav u been there?u seems not to know what Google is meanrt for.Google is just a search engine that can only reveal what is put on the internet,weather fake or real.its not their job to verify the authenticity of any article.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

the fact that we wait for God to write every commandment in black n white is a justification that we ourselves don't read d Bible n meditate on it.
do u smoke? can you abort a baby? there is no where in the Bible it's expressly written not to do these things but yet it's a sin. God never said ABSTAIN FROM blood transfusion but are u abstaining from blood by being transfused?
doctor says do not take alcohol and u agreed only to start injection urself with alcohol instead. u would agree with me that I've headed d doctors advice, isn't it?
for the whole obligation of man is, fear the true God, and keep his commandment
ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD

The fact that any man can can just say something not in the bible and say it is God that said it and we believe hook line and sinker is a justification that we ourselves don't read the bible.

Smoking is not mentioned in the bible it is not sin. Smoking is a lifestyle choice that can lead to addiction and other health and social issues which are bad. Alcohol is as bad as smoking both cause similar issues. Smoking is not a reason for disfellowshipping.
Abortion can be regarded as murder. If you discourage a person from doing abortion saying is murder and the person gives birth to a child that needs blood transfusion and that child dies from refusal this is murder also. Don't justify your killings

God never said abstain from blood transfusion and accept autologous blood transfusion termed bloodless surgeries by you people
Therefore your religion is all a lie.
Y won't Russia say it's extremist
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by xynerise: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

we don't!

So because you so believe that the person dying is going to paradise (guaranteed), that is why you can't save him/her?

Who told you he/she is going to paradise/heaven?

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
Notatribalist:
hav u been there?u seems not to know what Google is meanrt for.Google is just a search engine that can only reveal what is put on the internet,weather fake or real.its not their job to verify the authenticity of any article.

Thank GOD you say whether fake or real. Even videos are available. You don't have to be in Russia to know they are trying to ban your religion or you don't have to be in America to know that Donald trump signed a Muslim ban. You don't have to be in a country to know what's happening there.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ekanDamie: 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The fact that any man can can just say something not in the bible and say it is God that said it and we believe hook line and sinker is a justification that we ourselves don't read the bible.

Smoking is not mentioned in the bible it is not sin. Smoking is a lifestyle choice that can lead to addiction and other health and social issues which are bad. Alcohol is as bad as smoking both cause similar issues. Smoking is not a reason for disfellowshipping.
Abortion can be regarded as murder. If you discourage a person from doing abortion saying is murder and the person gives birth to a child that needs blood transfusion and that child dies from refusal this is murder also. Don't justify your killings

God never said abstain from blood transfusion and accept autologous blood transfusion termed bloodless surgeries by you people
Therefore your religion is all a lie.
Y won't Russia say it's extremist
well, you have your free will to hold on to what ever you want. free will is one gift that God gives to Humans. but God wants us to use it wisely.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ekanDamie: 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
xynerise:

So because you so believe that the person dying is going to paradise (guaranteed), that is why you can't save him/her?

Who told you he/she is going to paradise/heaven?
if he / she is not going to neither of both. will he/she live forever if given that blood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time / Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.