Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. (1540 Views)

Professionals, Career Guides, Experienced Chemists, Please Come In Here! / Pure, Applied, Industrial & Bio Chemists' Zone / Any Prospect(s) For Cias (i.e. Certified Internal Auditors) In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by infobut(m): 12:58am On Dec 20, 2009
All chemist on nairaland should come and contribute to this thread.If you are a practicing chemist you tell us how the practice is going , if you are a recent graduate tell us what School lab was like and if you are still an undergraduate you are welcome to bare your mind on events that happen in the chemistry laboratory .enjoy grin grin.
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by Fonewhiz: 1:01am On Dec 20, 2009
Hi, b4 i go into d rudiment of Chemistry (both as a discipline and as a practiseCHEMIST), i'd like to ask a question?
How do u post a new thread on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by Fonewhiz: 1:33am On Dec 20, 2009
who's gonna answer ma Question
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by Akebulan: 6:39am On Dec 20, 2009
Fonewhiz:

Hi, b4 i go into d rudiment of Chemistry (both as a discipline and as a practiseCHEMIST), i'd like to ask a question?
How do u post a new thread on Nairaland?

lmao
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by infobut(m): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2009
@phonewhiz go figure it our yourself i.e do some research. angry It's chemistry in here or nothing. so long.
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by ebonyik(f): 12:32am On Dec 29, 2009
I'm a fresh chemistry graduate. Studying chemistry in some NIGERIAN universities doesn't worth the stress,
1. No good laboratories to carry out practicals n analysis.
2. Its all about theory. Read read n read just to pass ur exam witout u seeing the practical of wat u reading
3. The only practical most lecturers carries out is TITRATION,
4. NO good apparatus,
OH MY GOD. It's all crazy. I'm not proud to call myself a Chemist. After all the yrs in school wit an extral of 1yr makin it 5yrs of studies, Now I need to pursue another carrier in INFO TECH.
GOD PLS HELP NIGERIA
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by moshoodn(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2009
This is Moshoodxylics, A member of da carboxyls.

Not a chemist but a biochemist. But we are kinda related.
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by chiscomape(f): 12:45am On Dec 30, 2009
Well I studied Chemistry here in the UK. Loved it wink but alas few opportunities abound as many of the companies are being outsourced abroad embarassed. I retrained as a teacher two years ago and now teach secondary chemistry and A level kiss
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by chiscomape(f): 12:50am On Dec 30, 2009
ebonyik:

I'm a fresh chemistry graduate. Studying chemistry in some NIGERIAN universities doesn't worth the stress,
2. Its all about theory. Read read n read just to pass your exam witout u seeing the practical of wat u reading
4. NO good apparatus,
OH MY GOD. It's all crazy. I'm not proud to call myself a Chemist. After all the yrs in school wit an extral of 1yr makin it 5yrs of studies, Now I need to pursue another carrier in INFO TECH.
GOD PLS HELP NIGERIA

Do you think it is worthwhile outsourcing laboratories to naija unis?. I have been thinking of developing a mobile lab unit to promote the uptake of science and technology in nigerian universities.
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by fatai2: 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
ebonyik,

y do u wnt run from chemistry? abi no work for chemist in naija?
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by fatai2: 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2009
Hello chemist,

Pls can any one give an estimate budget for small polyethene factory or a Bottle water factory?

I graduated from of the northern federal universities with gentle man class of degree (2.2) in the yr 2003, currently am working with one company from other sectors of the economy and i really want go back to my field of study.

Any advice or business plan would be highly welcome.

Happy new yr in advance.
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by infobut(m): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Chiscomape i think you have a vision put it into practise after good analysis.I see it going places.
@Ebonyik Chemistry is great ,I of the reason we study chemistry is to make our country more productive.
@Fatai i am a recent graduate of chemistry from FUTO with a 2.1 degree and really love the idea of practising chemistry. There is a polythene factory in my street where i live in Lagos and i believe i can help you make inquiries on how much it will cost to setup one.I will be grateful if you can include me in this project of yours.
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by AjanleKoko: 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2010
I decided to rescue this thread by posting in it. grin

Though I wonder how many practising chemists we have in Nigeria. I'll put my money on zilch. Chemists, prove me wrong please!
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by tkb417(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2010
i have a friend who studied Industrial Chemistry in Unilorin and hes a quality control manager in one of the FMCGS

i guess some are practising but most of the people i know are working in banks as tellers and marketers grin grin
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by Chemical2(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2010
@lastposter, True talk.Studied Industrial Chemistry @ UNIBEN but currently works in a bank.The truth is that Chemistry as a field is an interesting and respected one with lots of opportunities, in pharmacy(Pharmaceutical Chemistry),Medicine(medicinal Chemistry),quality control in the Oil n Gas sector,FCMG,in textiles,Mineral processing, etc.But how many of these industries are present in Nigeria?. The Nigerian government is not interested in research or in the development of Science(bedrock of technological development),all they're interested in is modification of existing processes to favour them and their cronies,with myopic vision.

@all chemist and intending Chemist in the house, Don't give up.The good thing is that the study of Chemistry helps to improve ur overall thinking and the way u see or do things.No wonder they are prefered and actually do well in tests and interviews hence are prefered than those social scientist to work in the finiancial sector which includes banks and insurance firms.
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by SmashingM(f): 1:24pm On May 03, 2010
ebonyik:

2. Its all about theory. Read read n read just to pass your exam witout u seeing the practical of wat u reading
4. NO good apparatus,
GOD PLS HELP NIGERIA

This is what i'm facing right now. i'm going for service by November and i'm currently working as a personal secretary. I wonder if i should train to become a profesional secretary but i'll love to practice chemistry. The question is where do i start?
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by michealismenton: 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
Never give up my greatest cations . . I am a graduate of chemistry 21 from ABSU and presently I want to go into production of important chemical dat will be useful to many sectors such as d o&g, food,textile etc tins like BHT,Ethanol,ethyne,tetraethtyl lead etc. Am proud to b a chemist. we r hot cake
tombz up
Re: Thread 4 Chemists I.e The Molecules,radicals,ions And Tiny Atoms. by alphabbey1(m): 1:31am On Jan 15, 2016
An undergraduate in Industrial Chemistry, from UI. TO BE CANDID, I love being in this course. It just gives u a better and promising future. One thing I so much like about it is that, if any sector is dying, u can actually divert to another sector just by using ur B.sc. I mean, if d petroleum sector is dying, u can enrol into d medicinal sector with ease and if medicinal sector is also dying, buiseness sector is also there. Infact, banks nowadays prefer chemist graduate than graduate from there professions. WE ROCK!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Be A Vulcanizer In Lagos / Resignation Palaver / ICAN Releases November 2019 Diet Professional Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.