Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd (36258 Views)

Iyanaira: Kemi Olunloyo To Begin Her Music Career. Check Out Her Stage Name / Sack Stephanie Busari - Kemi Olunloyo To CNN / Kemi Olunloyo To Iyabo Ojo: Don't Call Me Aunty Kem Kem, I'm 15 Years Older (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by tonio2wo: 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
I tot d pastor threatened fire n brimstone plus sudden death? Why he con dey use police n court nah?

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
Eddygourdo:
despite your knowledge of all u claimed, everyone on this thread has still observed you a fool. If fools keep quiet we may miss them, but with you haven spoken. Thanks for erasing all doubts
I didn't claim anything. You called me an illiterate, so I brought education to your doorstep. Read your comment again you might be able to correct your sentence. If i do not use my intelligence i would never understand your write up. Bro, education goes with wisdom. You need both

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
Can you rephrase?
KevinDein:
this has got to be the dumbest post I've ever read on nairaland this year, probably ever. Amazingly it got the most likes of all the posts on this thread implying that the number of dumbasses on nairaland far outnumber those with decent IQs.

Outstanding unintelligence displayed in one post.

Respect, sir.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by kingmekus(m): 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
This is not good news at all. why are Nigerians very heartless? they think they are better than others. This woman did not hurt anyone but speak her mind. We are in a democratic government and our constitution protects our freedom of speech. There are millions of thieves, killers and looters out there being celebrated by Nigerians. This woman never stole our money, she did not rape our kids, she did not kill anyone, she did not break the law, she did not steal anyone's husband, she only spoke her opinions. Are we not supposed to speak our minds? Must we all have the same viewpoints? We have all either insulted our presidents and governors or wished them dead. Patience jonathan was called all sort of names and everyone found pleasure and fun in it. GEJ was ridiculed like an item and no one found it insulting that our president was the object of mockery. Obasanjo was called a monkey and no one was arrested. Some people wished death for Buhari and no one was arrested even as they are surprised that he returned from the UK. How would you all feel if you get locked up for your thoughts? Are they not equally evil? TB Joshua has not responded for failing to appear in court 2 times. Isn't that an arrestable offense by our constitution? Yet many people are solidly supporting him when the families of the people who died on his property still cry over the loss.
How could you arrest someone and lock her up till the 23rd as if she is not protected by the law? Biafrans hate Buhari for locking Nnamdi Kanu up against his constitutional right and i am surprised some of them rejoice over same treatment meted out on kemi. Is kemi now worse than the Fulani herdsmen killing people everywhere? Is she worse than the Boko haram committing carnage for half a decade now? Mr DPO are you not aware that the nation needs your services in Sambisa forest? The pastor that arrested her, is he representing Jesus or Juju? How could a pastor arrest someone for defaming him? Matthew 10:22; Matthew 24:9; Luke 21:12 judging by these scriptures, that pastor is not a Christian. What name can one have when Jesus himself was blasphemed and killed? Now. the pastor is the one killing someone. What does he preach on a Sunday? Does he pray to God or to DPO?
Kemi did not devalue our naira, she did not put us in this recession, she did not contest for any political post. Even if you kill her, your condition remains stable.
Let Nigerians have their freedom to speak their minds even if it opposes your beliefs. Rejoicing over this unfair treatment against her means denying yourself and your children the right to speech. Person way talk must die? See Nigerians are butchered every day in south Africa and languishing in the prisons over there. MTN and DSTV bosses have not been arrested. When e reach for where dem go show muscles dem go day act like baby. Na poor man body dem day get power.
#freeKemiOlunloyo
#freedomofthepress
#letthecommonmanvoicehisthought
#thepoorhaveopinions
am not sure you have heard of the word,Character Assassination, remember your rights ends where another person own begins.

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by myluck: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
This woman deserves 100% what she has been dished. The Pastor might not even directly be the one after her. He has great followers who will just take it upon themselves to act. She must apologise to him publicly,in all national dailies and promise never to cross his part again. The woman is not worth his time.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by neocortex: 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
When does it become a crime to speak ?
The abuse of our institutions is the bane of Nigeria's under-development,
just because a man has an influence , he was able to deny Kemi bail for
a non-capital offense.
SMH

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by KevinDein: 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Can you rephrase?
perhaps the picture below will help;

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Zeuz007: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
Vacora:

Libel is not a crime. It is not an offence. I am yet to see an arrest in saner climes for a very "tenous" term such as that. You sue the person to court and not waste police or authorities time which should used for more urgent and pressing matters. Emotional damages? Are you serious? What a generation if butthurt people social
Media is raising? Was he assaulted? This is so childish

What is defamation?
According to the Criminal Code in section 373, a defamatory matter is a matter likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing him to hatred, contempt, or ridicule, or likely to damage any person in his profession or trade by any injury to his reputation. Such matter may be expressed in spoken words or in any audible sounds, or in words legibly marked on any substance whatever, or by any sign or object signifying such matter otherwise than by words, and may be expressed either directly or by insinuation or irony. It is immaterial whether at the time of the publication of the defamatory matter; the person concerning whom such matter is published is living or dead. In essence, saying anything likely to damage the reputation of a person may be considered defamatory.
Defamation could either be a libel or slander, it is considered libel when the false statement is published in written form for instance in newspapers, magazines and the web but considered slander when it is spoken.

What are the legal consequences of defamation?
Any person, who publishes any defamatory matter, is guilty of a misdemeanour and is liable to imprisonment for one year; and any person who publishes any defamatory matter knowing it to be false, is liable to imprisonment for two years. Also, any person who publishes, or threatens to publish, or offers to abstain from publishing, or offers to prevent the publication of defamatory matter, with intent to extort money or other property, or with intent to induce any person to give, confer, procure, or attempt to procure, to, upon, or for, any person, any property or benefit of any kind, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for seven years (Section 375 – 376, Criminal code).

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Zeuz007: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
you are not a Christian to begin with, so how are you invited here
Who said so?
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
kingmekus:
am not sure you have heard of the word,Character Assassination, remember your rights ends where another person own begins.
I have, and what follows that has never been a lock up. I am sure you also know of the legal proceeding following defamation. the pastor acted presumptuously and that is not christian-like. we will all see the outcome

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by rafcrown(m): 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
I am not a great supporter of Madam Kemo but keeping her in detention for so long baffles me.There are many criminals and corrupt Politicians that stay few hours.
CORRUPTION EVERYWHERE.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
Zeuz007:

Who said so?
you do not sound like one. if you had read the scriptures I quoted your thought would have corroborated it. The pastor acted vauntingly and that is not christ-like. You and I know Christ fought for something better than defamation
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
I do not understand what you are trying to say. Can you speak sensibly?
KevinDein:
perhaps the picture below will help;
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by oluwasheun94(m): 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
This is not good news at all. why are Nigerians very heartless? they think they are better than others. This woman did not hurt anyone but speak her mind. We are in a democratic government and our constitution protects our freedom of speech. There are millions of thieves, killers and looters out there being celebrated by Nigerians. This woman never stole our money, she did not rape our kids, she did not kill anyone, she did not break the law, she did not steal anyone's husband, she only spoke her opinions. Are we not supposed to speak our minds? Must we all have the same viewpoints? We have all either insulted our presidents and governors or wished them dead. Patience jonathan was called all sort of names and everyone found pleasure and fun in it. GEJ was ridiculed like an item and no one found it insulting that our president was the object of mockery. Obasanjo was called a monkey and no one was arrested. Some people wished death for Buhari and no one was arrested even as they are surprised that he returned from the UK. How would you all feel if you get locked up for your thoughts? Are they not equally evil? TB Joshua has not responded for failing to appear in court 2 times. Isn't that an arrestable offense by our constitution? Yet many people are solidly supporting him when the families of the people who died on his property still cry over the loss.
How could you arrest someone and lock her up till the 23rd as if she is not protected by the law? Biafrans hate Buhari for locking Nnamdi Kanu up against his constitutional right and i am surprised some of them rejoice over same treatment meted out on kemi. Is kemi now worse than the Fulani herdsmen killing people everywhere? Is she worse than the Boko haram committing carnage for half a decade now? Mr DPO are you not aware that the nation needs your services in Sambisa forest? The pastor that arrested her, is he representing Jesus or Juju? How could a pastor arrest someone for defaming him? Matthew 10:22; Matthew 24:9; Luke 21:12 judging by these scriptures, that pastor is not a Christian. What name can one have when Jesus himself was blasphemed and killed? Now. the pastor is the one killing someone. What does he preach on a Sunday? Does he pray to God or to DPO?
Kemi did not devalue our naira, she did not put us in this recession, she did not contest for any political post. Even if you kill her, your condition remains stable.
Let Nigerians have their freedom to speak their minds even if it opposes your beliefs. Rejoicing over this unfair treatment against her means denying yourself and your children the right to speech. Person way talk must die? See Nigerians are butchered every day in south Africa and languishing in the prisons over there. MTN and DSTV bosses have not been arrested. When e reach for where dem go show muscles dem go day act like baby. Na poor man body dem day get power.
#freeKemiOlunloyo
#freedomofthepress
#thepoorhaveopinions
i know there is freedom of speech. but that doesn't mean you should abuse it. by d way, do u know the meaning of slander and libel? i suggest u check your dictionary. its high time journalism became responsible in nigeria. she just happens to be a scapegoat
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by simpleseyi: 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
TippyTop:
When is Bubu going to appear in court for getting the presidency through 419?

After your jail term.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Vacora(m): 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
Zeuz007:

What is defamation?
According to the Criminal Code in section 373, a defamatory matter is a matter likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing him to hatred, contempt, or ridicule, or likely to damage any person in his profession or trade by any injury to his reputation. Such matter may be expressed in spoken words or in any audible sounds, or in words legibly marked on any substance whatever, or by any sign or object signifying such matter otherwise than by words, and may be expressed either directly or by insinuation or irony. It is immaterial whether at the time of the publication of the defamatory matter; the person concerning whom such matter is published is living or dead. In essence, saying anything likely to damage the reputation of a person may be considered defamatory.
Defamation could either be a libel or slander, it is considered libel when the false statement is published in written form for instance in newspapers, magazines and the web but considered slander when it is spoken.

What are the legal consequences of defamation?
Any person, who publishes any defamatory matter, is guilty of a misdemeanour and is liable to imprisonment for one year; and any person who publishes any defamatory matter knowing it to be false, is liable to imprisonment for two years. Also, any person who publishes, or threatens to publish, or offers to abstain from publishing, or offers to prevent the publication of defamatory matter, with intent to extort money or other property, or with intent to induce any person to give, confer, procure, or attempt to procure, to, upon, or for, any person, any property or benefit of any kind, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for seven years (Section 375 – 376, Criminal code).

And a court decided that she is guilty? have the police produced a prima facie case to a competent judge for the accused to stand trial? Or has she been charged? Remember she is presumed innocent until a court decides. Her arrest was completely unnecessary and pastor could be charged with pervitting the course of justice? What a tangled web we weave.

Offences relating to the Administration of Justice

113. In this chapter, the term "judicial proceeding" includes any proceeding had or taken in or before any court, tribunal, commission of inquiry, or person, in which evidence may or may not be taken on oath.

114-116 inclusive. (Deleted by 1966 No. 84.)

117. Any person who, in any judicial proceeding, or for the purpose of instituting any judicial proceeding, knowingly gives false testimony touching any matter which is material to any question then depending in that proceeding, or intended to be raised in that proceeding, is guilty of an offence, which is called perjury.

It is immaterial whether the testimony is given on oath or under any other sanction authorised by law.

The forms and ceremonies used in administering the oath or in otherwise binding the person giving the testimony to speak the truth" are immaterial, if he assent to the forms and ceremonies actually used.

It is immaterial whether the false testimony is given orally or in writing. It is immaterial whether the court or tribunal is properly constituted, or is held in the proper place, or not, if it actually acts as a court or tribunal in the proceeding in which the testimony is given.

It is immaterial whether the person who gives the testimony is a competent witness or not, or whether the testimony is admissible in the proceeding or not.

The offender cannot be arrested without warrant.

118. Any person who commits perjury is liable to imprisonment for Punishment fourteen years. of perjury.

If the offender commits the offence in order to procure the conviction of another person for an offence punishable with death or with imprisonment for life, he is liable to imprisonment for life.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by oluwasheun94(m): 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2017
Vacora:

Libel is not a crime. It is not an offence. I am yet to see an arrest in saner climes for a very "tenous" term such as that. You sue the person to court and not waste police or authorities time which should used for more urgent and pressing matters. Emotional damages? Are you serious? What a generation if butthurt people social
Media is raising? Was he assaulted? I will speak for those who cannot speak because I am my brother's keeper. Do you know what is evil? It is also seeing an injustice and standing idly and not speaking up against it or not helping the poor and defenceless. That is what Jesus will want.
please just d fucc up. okay??
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Zeuz007: 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
you do not sound like one. if you had read the scriptures I quoted your thought would have corroborated it. The pastor acted vauntingly and that is not christ-like. You and I know Christ fought for something better than defamation

Yea.......He should let her sleep in cell small, then maybe drop the case later. I'm tired of seeing bloggers tarnish the reputations of pastors and expect them to do nothing because they're Christians. Don't they have emotions, don't they feel hurt and pain too. Abi as they became pastors they stopped being human. She should suffer small so that it will serve as a deterrent to others
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by tunderay(m): 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
KevinDein:
this has got to be the dumbest post I've ever read on nairaland this year, probably ever. Amazingly it got the most likes of all the posts on this thread implying that the number of dumbasses on nairaland far outnumber those with decent IQs.

Outstanding unintelligence displayed in one post.

Respect, sir.
I totally agree with you , can't believe people clicked like on that post.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by bezimo(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
Wonderful I hope she remains there much longer until sense is received by the useless idiot that you don't go about spreading false allegation to assassinate the character of someone you know nothing about.

Oh that the Apostle would serve the same treatments to the likes of Otobo and Esther, The Apostle is too merciful to have not incarcerated those demonic idiots.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by kingmekus(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
I have, and what follows that has never been a lock up. I am sure you also know of the legal proceeding following defamation. the pastor acre's presumptuously and that is not christian-like. we will all see the outcome
This Christian like attitude is the reason why Christians are being butchered in the North,that is the same reason why Christianity is facing the highest persecution in the world today,someone levels an allegation as heavy as infidelity and you call his actions unwarranted, while she was running her mouth like someone suffering from diarrhea, your likes did not call her to order now she is facing the repercussions and you are saying this,moreover it wasn't the decision of the pastor to remand her in prison,I think this is the best way to call her to order.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Vacora(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
oluwasheun94:
please just d fucc up. okay??

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you can't have an adult conversation about this topic, please kindly proceed to your doctor to show him your butthurt.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by mpowa(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
I have, and what follows that has never been a lock up. I am sure you also know of the legal proceeding following defamation. the pastor acted presumptuously and that is not christian-like. we will all see the outcome
Stop bringing the christian like story here, Let's stay on laws, he has done what the law of the land allowed, you defame me you get your punishment. it is always convenient for ppl when they see they can't win the argument on a normal ground, then it would be, "he should be christian like", There's nobody that will be Christ-like all through his life, we're not perfect, maybe this is the time Pst Ibiyeomi is not. Let her keep eating her insect filled beans for now.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by bezimo(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
#freeKemiOlunloyo
#freedomofthepress
#thepoorhaveopinions

You are a confirmed and validated hypocrite.
The same scriptures you are quoting warned that "thou shall not disseminate a lie"
God said in Proverbs "I hate lying".He said in proverbs "those that speak lies will not go unpunished"

So on what basis should such a satanic agent of the devil such as that incarcerated idiot be licensed to disseminate a lie about anybody much less a Man of God she has no idea about.

Oboy you are turning scriptures upside down to suit your ill conceived and foolish intentions.

Freedom of speech means speak your mind about anything you want but it didn't licence you to lie and lay false allegation because you can be sued and be incacerated if the person lied against presses charges in court.

If for some evil reason a young girl in your community went to the elders to lie say your brother or father raped her and you know say na set up to remove your father or brother maybe from the post of treasurer of an association within that community. You go believe them give the girl award abi.You go believe spread the news about. Abeg receive sense because your daftness need very serious deliverance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by morningsta(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
#freeKemiOlunloyo
#freedomofthepress
#thepoorhaveopinions

Abeg sharap make we hear word jare! What kind of freedom of the press or thought permits you to make or publish unfounded stories about anyone without any shred of evidence? The evil woman thrives on character assassination. To God be the glory she has met her Waterloo. I read with utter shock and dismay her fictitious story about Pastor Adeboye where she boldly called the respected man of God a paedophile. Her arrest and detention just de sweet me for belle since the news broke. Freedom of speech is not freedom to engage in xter assassination. But what happened to all those her contacts/connection wey she de use make threats before? Abeg make she remain jail for like 1 year pls make we fit hear word jare.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Eddygourdo(m): 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
weedtheweeds:
I didn't claim anything. You called me an illiterate, so I brought education to your doorstep. Read your comment again you might be able to correct your sentence. If i do not use my intelligence i would never understand your write up. Bro, education goes with wisdom. You need both
yet your post reeks an absence of both virtues, and you keep preaching to the choir. Are your pea sized senses paining you. Have you still not seen the idiocy in your statement? Don't you feel guilty plaguing us this beautiful sunday with your foolish post. Do you think its fair to readers on this forum. Berra go modify that post of yours while I pray that your poor man -victim mentality is soon washed away. You should be thoroughly ashamed. Bye dumbo

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Zeuz007: 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
Vacora:

And the court decided that she is guilty? have the police produced a prima facie case to a competent judge for the accused to stand trial? Her arrest was completely unnecessary and pastor could be charged with pervitting the course of justice? What a tangled web we weave.

The topic said they're taking her case to court on the 23rd. As for her arrest, the pastor can't be charged with anything. That's she's still in cell is her wahala, she should get a good lawyer to bail her. The bail stuff is the problem of the police not the pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by mywells: 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
She got the trait from her mummy, her mum can obstruct olubadan convoy those years.carbon copies of her mum.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by mywells: 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
She got the trait from her mum
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by weedtheweeds: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
Eddygourdo:
yet your post reeks an absence of both virtues, and you keep preaching to the choir. Are your pea sized senses paining you. Have you still not seen the idiocy in your statement? Don't you feel guilty plaguing us this beautiful sunday with your foolish post. Do you think its fair to readers on this forum. Berra go modify that post of yours while I pray that your poor man -victim mentality is soon washed away. You should be thoroughly ashamed. Bye dumbo
berra hahaha mumu, are you okay?
Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Adebowale89(m): 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
pls any lawyer should pls educate me

how can someone who leak someone secret be charged with cybercrime rather I believe is should be defamation

is Nigeria judiciary sick? thought journalism and judiciary are intertwine

no wonder the country is still regarded as developing country. when Nigeria And Nigerians won grow up?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo To Remain In Detention Until March 23rd by Vacora(m): 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
Zeuz007:

The topic said they're taking her case to court on the 23rd. As for her arrest, the pastor can't be charged with anything. That's she's still in cell is her wahala, she should get a good lawyer to bail her. The bail stuff is the problem of the police not the pastor.

So she has been remanded until her appearance at court? Does it appear to you that due process was followed or adhered to? She was arrested for "cybercrime" Please check out the offences against the administration of justice, pastor could find himself subject to proceedings as well. It is a slippery slope when the police are allowed to interprete the laws and instead of building a solid case or evidence. This matter will never go to trial. Let's wait & see.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wizkid, Burna Boy Link Up At Dior Fashion Show (Photo, Video) / Mercy Aigbe Steps Out In Shape Revealing Outfit (photos) / Shan George Looking Hilarious On POWER BIKE- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.