Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? (3357 Views)

How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company / Need A Good Webhosting Site To Host My Site / Which Reliable Webhost Can I Host My Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by michaelday: 5:01am On Dec 20, 2009
How do i Host my website after designing it from my computer? i have paid for a domain name already , plz i need the expertise know how of this house
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by yawatide(f): 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2009
You transfer the files from your computer to your web host. this you can do by either using the cPanel of your hosting program (under "file manager") and manually browse to your files and upload to your web host (as you would if you were attaching a document in email) or you use an FTP program to do so (advantage here is that you can transfer files in bulk,unlike manual upload via cPanel).

good luck!
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by michaelday: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2009
Thank you very much. i really appreciate it.
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by sayhi2ay(m): 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

You transfer the files from your computer to your web host. this you can do by either using the cPanel of your hosting program (under "file manager"wink and manually browse to your files and upload to your web host (as you would if you were attaching a document in email) or you use an FTP program to do so (advantage here is that you can transfer files in bulk,unlike manual upload via cPanel).

good luck!

yea, it'd be wonderful if cpanel can allow folder upload. arrrrgh!
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by okwuduche(m): 2:23am On Dec 22, 2009
Be careful the kinds of file you upload via filemanager from your cpanel. Read the TOS very well as many webhosting company have strict rule on the use of their file manager for upload.

Eventhough their terms may read UNLIMITED STORAGE, they frawn at people taking advantage of that to store all kinds of stuff in their server. Some will require you to contract their dedicated storage unit.

I know a lot of people that saved all sorts of files on their server through this method, because they have unlimited storage space and got their accounts suspended without notice.

But that is an easy way of uploading your site
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by pie1ect(m): 4:29am On Dec 22, 2009
sayhi2ay:

yea, it'd be wonderful if cpanel can allow folder upload. arrrrgh!

Why dont you zip the folder, upload the zipped file and then unzip it on the server. It takes less than 5 minutes to unzip even a very lage file on cPanel.
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by sayhi2ay(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2009
pie1ect:

Why dont you zip the folder, upload the zipped file and then unzip it on the server. It takes less than 5 minutes to unzip even a very lage file on cPanel.

are you kidding? I will try it out ASAP!
Thanks for that info.
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by yawatide(f): 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2009
hmmm sayhi:

I guess you haven't had to install a forum, cms, php framework, etc on your domain. Uploading a zip file/unzipping the zip file is usually how you get that done wink
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by sayhi2ay(m): 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

hmmm sayhi:

I guess you haven't had to install a forum, cms, php framework, etc on your domain.  Uploading a zip file/unzipping the zip file is usually how you get that done wink

lol, am a mac guy, Coda and Transmit baby. I don't need to use cpanel to install cms, or php framework.
Using coda, i can write code and update simultaneously. drag and drop folders as well- nice and easy.
Just thot I should have an alternative whenever am on windows.
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by yawatide(f): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2009
I believe you can do pretty much the same with DW, homesite and the like. so, whenever you are on windows, try those out wink
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by sayhi2ay(m): 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

I believe you can do pretty much the same with DW, homesite and the like. so, whenever you are on windows, try those out wink

Not a DW fan, used homesite for ColdFusion before I started with MAC and switched to PHP. moreso, development has been discontinued sometime around 2nd quarter of this year if i remember correctly.
wouldnt you need a license for DW?
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by yawatide(f): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2009
I don't use DW either so I have no idea. 'was just going off of comments I have seen on here  tongue

Regardless, I am sure there are open source solutions that could let you do pretty much anything these days. Like the iPhone adverts usually say, "yep, there's an app for that" cool
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by Afam4eva(m): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2009
@poster

Have you gotten a web hosting account?
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by LPF(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2009
@poster i guess u must be a beginner, anyway try 50webs.com for hosting!
Re: How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer? by shacuter: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
michaelday: How do i Host my website after designing it from my computer? i have paid for a domain name already , plz i need the expertise know how of this house

Hi,

You have to host your website with any of the hosting providers in the world to make it as public in the internet . Before choosing a good hosting provider, you should check the following factors :

1. Company existence
2. Customer support

In my experience, http://www.9cubehosting.com/cheap_hosting/ provides good service and customer support.

(1) (Reply)

Football Writers Wanted | Paid Part Time Job / Personal Domain Names and Websites / Let us hold a web designers Fair in Lagos ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.