Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,311 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) (92446 Views)

Police In Lagos Prevent Frustrated Man From Jumping Into The Lagoon (Photos) / Thief Jumps Inside Lagos Lagoon After Stealing, Gets Rescued (Photos) / Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Sebastine1994(m): 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
layzie:

Just take it easy. Suicide will only coz sorrows to the people left behind without actually solving the problem that led to it in the first place.

to hell with family sorrow. People's memory is like a leaking basket. After a year the forget about you. Allow him to take the easy way out. Its bliss
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Judasjudas:

That's another one there o .. this days nobody is to be trusted ..
.. gbosaa the dummy .. wah will u say about this one ? ..

he's concluding also? ..

This little man, go to bed. Your mates are fast asleep.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Judasjudas(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
gbosaa:

This little man, go to bed. Your mates are fast asleep.
.. guess they've replied ur text ..ur beginning to reason like human..
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by okpurukata(f): 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
Leopantro:

I have buried my mother , my father, my wife and my baby in a piece of land I have not even started building anything on. my father became an invalid for 7 years before he died; i bathe and changed him like a baby. my wife died exactly one year that my father died. financial not making headway. lost interest in everything I use to enjoy doing. currently ran away from my house because the memories of my wife is too much. we were just married for 3 years. have contemplated joining her but our first son is just less than 2 years.

Like I said before, Please take heart Bro. Just manage and have a little ray of hope. Above all, hang around people, family and friends. Dont stay alone for long. Remember the little boy whose destiny hangs on your neck. Please do not disappoint that boy.

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Donshegxy10(m): 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
Leopantro:
considering what I'm going through, I totally understand why he did it. you get to a point in life that death is considered bliss. pray not to walk in those shoes.
stay calm , you are not alone, some people are passing through more difficult situation but don't relent trust in the lord and have faith , all will surely be well.
#lightattheendofthetunnel.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by eaglechild: 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
Leopantro:

I have buried my mother , my father, my wife and my baby in a piece of land I have not even started building anything on. my father became an invalid for 7 years before he died; i bathe and changed him like a baby. my wife died exactly one year that my father died. financial not making headway. lost interest in everything I use to enjoy doing. currently ran away from my house because the memories of my wife is too much. we were just married for 3 years. have contemplated joining her but our first son is just less than 2 years.
Be strong.
Make sure you connect with God fearing friends that will uplift your mood.
Look for a spiritual mentor that you can always reach when you are down.

Look at your young son and draw strength from him.
Avoid being alone and any thing that will make you unhappy at all cost.

I am positive you will get through this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by delpee(f): 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
Leopantro:

I sincerely empathise with you dear brother. It's a lot to bear but with the right attitude, you'll get over it. Your loved ones are resting with God. I believe that they'll be happier knowing that you're picking up and moving on with life against all odds. I remember a Nigerian in the UK who lost ALL his 5 children in a fire at home some years ago. A heartbreaking experience but he still chose to stand with God to recover from his grief. Remember also that the man who wrote the song "It Is Well With My Soul" lost his wife and children in a ship that sank while traveling to join him.

Life is indeed full of mysteries. Our attitude makes a difference in how we react to situations. That's not to say you're wrong to feel despondent. The point is, avoid entrenching that feeling in your life. Live well to glorify God and make their impact in your life meaningful by being thankful for the great times you had. I pray that the people around you are able to provide the much needed comfort. Otherwise, please seek out old reliable friends ( like old classmates, helpful Church/Mosque groups) to spend your idle time with. Every problem has an expiry date. Trust God, It shall be well with your soul. You will recover and have cause to rejoice again by God's grace.

4 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
Leopantro:
considering what I'm going through, I totally understand why he did it. you get to a point in life that death is considered bliss. pray not to walk in those shoes.

Whatever u are going 2ru, somebody has gone 2ru worse thing and came out. If I tell u what I passed 2ru 2 years ago, u will be amazed on how God has done a miracle in my life. Tomorrow z always bright bro.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Sylva2147: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
Judasjudas:
Some say village witches ..some say failed biz .. or marriage .
wah about ...wah he did to get rich is now hunting him ? so he just couldn't bear it anymore ..

just another thought th0 ..
. I quite agree with you.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by MONITZ: 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
Specialspesh:
His driver

Wetin do am?...
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Sylva2147: 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
there is old saying that when you see a rat run into fire you should know that what is pursuing the rat is hotter than the fire, probably he must have gotten himself into something and now is hunting him back there by making him to choose this particular option as the one torturing him might be worst.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by BetaThings: 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
jbhill:
His village ppl, i repeat his village ppl.

This talk of village people is always strange
Japanese love to commit suicide - both in the villages and in hen urban areas - out of pride
Americans commit suicide than Nigerians - where are the villagers?
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by jbhill(m): 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
BetaThings:

This talk of village people is always strange
Japanese love to commit suicide - both in the villages and in hen urban areas - out of pride
Americans commit suicide than Nigerians - where are the villagers?
every one has his village.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by 9ja4show: 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
Mightyify:
Suicide is a demonstration of Self love! People commit suicide because they hate to see themselves suffer so they take their own life.

...the suffer is too much everywhere. I just graduated from university waiting for NYSC....life has been hell, no help from anyone sometimes I just feel like ending it once and for all.. .

You don't have to do anything bad, I know how you feel ,it's hard to fight ;turn to God
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by 9ja4show: 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
Mightyify:
Suicide is a demonstration of Self love! People commit suicide because they hate to see themselves suffer so they take their own life.

...the suffer is too much everywhere. I just graduated from university waiting for NYSC....life has been hell, no help from anyone sometimes I just feel like ending it once and for all.. .

I could help with 1k every month , it's not much but can do a little

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by hannyjay(f): 10:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
I wish our senators can copy dis,then 75 per cent of our problem is solved
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by TundeHashim(m): 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
Jabioro:
Haah!!! This is serious, on top wetin? What might be his problem or Is he under spell..
recession
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Tisham20(m): 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
his pple from the village are the course
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Nature8(m): 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
Mightyify:

I like your signature..
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 11:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
i think its depresion,i can relate to that.i've had thoughts of taking my own life.the only reason i didnt was that suicide is a sin and will make me miss the city of gold(heaven)which i've labored all my life to go to
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by ifeanyi83(m): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
Mightyify:

There's no excuse for one taking his/her life. None absolutely...
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
Leopantro:

Next time don't involve yourself is ponzi-like schemes. They are made to scam the investors.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
Oba of Lagos has started throwing them in the Lagoon as promised. Chai

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by alfarouq(m): 11:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
His identity was confirmed as Dr.orji and he was returning from the church which brings me to the question of what was taught him at the church?
Its high time preachers teach their disciples the truth about life that its full if challenges. Even prophet Isa (Jesus) whom xtians revere so much faced lot of challenges but nay, they prefer to preach prosperity and shout holy ghost fire on non existing enemies and cap it with the encouragement of offerings and tithes.
No one should be in best position of handling depression more than a medical doctor, even coming from a supposedly religious gathering.
May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by akigbemaru: 12:00am On Mar 20, 2017
Jumped into the lagoon.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by berrystunn(m): 12:14am On Mar 20, 2017
Specialspesh:
According to reports trending online, a yet to be identified man asked his driver to stop on third mainland bridge, came out of his car and jumped into the lagoon.

No one, including his driver, knows why he made that decision.

His car is pictured below..

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/03/man-commits-suicide-on-third-mainland.html

He have HIV.
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by berrystunn(m): 12:15am On Mar 20, 2017
sammydirectly:
Oba of Lagos has started throwing them in the Lagoon as promised. Chai

Mumu
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by vivavik(f): 12:33am On Mar 20, 2017
Mightyify:

dear friend, I don't know u personally but pls suicide is never an option, think of those u are better off and give urself that boost in life, remember no condition is permanent! Give ur life to Christ and u will find unending grace to live in spite of what u see now. Have faith and believe Roms 8:31-32
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by vivavik(f): 12:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Leopantro:
but it never solves the problem rather it amplifies it, my dear friend pls and pls don't think about it, find peace in Christ. Give ur life to Him alone and worship Him in truth and in spirit, be a worker in church and God must surely come through for u. God bless u dear
Re: Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) by deleo16(m): 1:03am On Mar 20, 2017
This is deep 1.being grateful 2. Depression in a story pics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Sexually Harrases A Male Onions Seller From The North, Records It (Video) / Grace Oshiagwu Raped And Killed In A Church In Ibadan / 9-Month Pregnant Woman Who Led A Robbery Gang Arrested In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.