Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73039 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by cnonyechi(f): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

Better tell ur wife to take dat child to a day care and go get a job. You are spoiling her and she is capitalising on it. Please take charge of your home before you get high bp.
Its ur money use it wisely

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by mrsfavour(f): 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=Cutehector post=54748036]It will correct her senses! Pls go ahead..u have my support! [/quota pls go ahead and give her some punishment but be soft on her BC of the baby.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by BBBlaze: 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
My broda, na one chance marriage u enta sooo....u cant satisfy ur wife financially wit dis ur little salary because she is d money type...i would advise u talk to her heart to heart, asking her to manage wit u or get a divorce because soonest she will cheat on u because of money...

Moral;
pls felow men dont marry a woman dat cant manage wit u financially!

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Akaujaa(m): 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Oga, sorry to say that unfortunately you did marry a wife material. My wife saves some cash from the little I give her for foodstuff, her upkeep and general home maintenance. Any day she suspects am out of cash, she'll give me from the ones she saved. From same money I give her for her upkeep, she still buys me gifts like boxers and singlets from time to time.
Take your wife through a marriage course once again that's if you ever did that before your marriage to her.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Cutehector(m): 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=mrsfavour post=54909564][/quote]hmm. Ur profile pic tho
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Viikan: 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Don't punish her... If u do she might get the money somewhere else u won't like.. . Just talk to her
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Jman06(m): 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
Marriage like every other love relationship shoud be a give and take affair.

I'll give gifts of love to my wife, but not this kind of employer-employee arrangement in her supposed home.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by donodion(m): 6:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
The trend of wives inflating cost of anything,just as Nigerian Senate pads budget have been in Vogue since time immemorial. Most ,if not all does it and it's outright dishonesty.

Now here's another fact, bros,you spoilt wife. And she's gone overboard.

What you need to do henceforth:

1. Keep your financial details private.No more my wife knows how much I'm earning.
2. Cutting her off from financial information includes but not limited to; how much you spare with relatives, family members, including pastors honorarium.
3. Keep making provision for your home, however any expenses outside immediate domestic needs, carry out a follow-up.Keep such details in your diary.Believe me the day you will use it in defense is coming.
4. Talk less when it comes to planning.Evidently your woman came.from an environment where it is believe " a woman is to parasite her man".

It.wont be easy at first, but you will get use to it.That will save you a whole lot of heartache and disappointments from unrealistic expectations about her.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by bamasite(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
It is time to talk!
heart to heart talk where only one rule applies to both parties:
SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY!!!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Alohamora(f): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

Mr man. So what do you want us to do for you? Teach you how to run your family?

I believe you guys must have been together a years now and you should be able to communicate with her. So you want Nairaland to teach you to handle your wife? No wonder she treats you anyhow. You can't even act like a real man. Big baby!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Joavid:
This is what happens when you marry longer throat.

Someone who's never satisfied and wants to live above their means - (and in this case lack of)

that is your cross, carry it.

kikikikikikikiki grin if you stop paying her the 17.2% for two months, be prepared to starve o. cos when you drop money for food, you won't see food. the cash in your wallet will grow wings, your ATM card sef fit miss. grin

so carry your cross!
Ladies knows themselves very well,
@Skypeme.
Contact this poster for advice' she can help you out.
For me i go just read coments.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:
Ehmmmm op, how did u arrive @ that 17.2%?

Any mathematical formular applied? cheesy
You wan know everything about this family abi?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by yankeypha: 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
Wife Wahala, even do you buy car for a woman, any day you will quarrel with her, she will insult you, and denied that you never did anything for her, but stop calculating money you are giving to your wife, is normal,
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by DRPAIT123(m): 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Going by the nollywood standards,here is my advice,dont hold back her allawee,so you will not ingest poison in your next meal(because this your wife looks callous,am not sure anyway)
Going by the hollywood standards,lovingly sit her down,ask her why she behaves that way,settle the rift as the head.
Most importantly pray together
A family that prays together stays together.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Jelal0007(m): 6:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I add money too And I think one out of 3 women do that or most have done it

The only thing I condemn is her being rude to you But then how did you approach her
There's always a man involved when a woman goes crazy
Feminist alert!!! The kind who blame MEN 4 all they go thru.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
[ quote author=Joavid post=54748259]This is what happens when you mar ry longer an ex sexworker.

Someone who's never satisfied and wants to live abo ve their means - (and in this case lack of)

that is your cross, carry it.

kikikikikikikiki grin if you stop paying her the 17.2% for two months, be prepared to starve o. cos when you drop money for food, you won't see food. the cash in your wallet will grow wings, your ATM card sef fit miss. grin

so carry your cross![/quote]
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by otunbateekay(m): 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
@Op...I feel for you. I really do. my advice for you is to brace your self. o ti ri nkan kan. I'm talking from experience.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by egokudiowomoney: 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
I now agreed that woman is equal to problem

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec

This man must be a mathematician, as I never marry I no get experience for this realm o

But wait o, you mean as a married man I'd paying my wife salary in addition to providing for the family?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
I'm yet to see what the woman did wrong
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by MKO3255(m): 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
bro my advice to u just considered this as first and last mistake despite she is rude to u may be the way u approach her pls take sometime to come down then sit her down by putting some sense in her head politically and puke all the pain you go through due to her unsatisfied act i promise she will listen to u even apologize for her wrong deeds
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.
11,200 x 100=?

see ur mouth.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by SycophanticGoat: 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My marriage will not crash IJN, I repeat that you bro

You seem like someone who feels comfortable in self-deceit. It's quite glaring to you that you married the wrong woman but you don't want to come to terms with the reality. I wouldn't be surprised if that wife of yours has some other nigger taking up about 40 -50% of that salary you give her. When women have someone taking up their money due to the fact that they love such a person and cannot do anything about the money they give the person, they often behave like this. So I think its best for you to be more realistic and open to options especially when she continues with her terrible attitude. I don't mean any insults though. Just stating the obvious.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Ikville(m): 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dude, u r d man! But to be brutally honest wit u, u dont hav a wife. She's more like a domestic staff who, aside from doing all d house chores, also hav babies for u. If i gave my wife a fraction of my monthly income, it wudnt nearly almost a 'SALARY'. Apparently she realizes her actual roles in d house than u do, probably why she augments her 'SALARY' every chance she gets. If u dont wake up & change how w things work in d house, she's gonna walk away from doz 'duties' once she achieves her financial target or wen u lose ur job. & guess wot, it wont be her fault cos u programmed her dat way!
But u claim u luv each otha, so i guess dat can still make it work. Gud luck, man!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kaboninc(m): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Please penalize her.. .i mean punish her very well. People are beginning to abuse certain privileges especially inflating contracts or bills or expenses. Do they think it's easy to make money? Do they think money falls from the sky? Or that people actually work to earn money?

Please punish her very very well. She'll say you're stingy but if we all dig deeper, I wonder where the stingy attitude comes from.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kaboninc(m): 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.

Comnonnnnn

Warayou saying?

If you want to inflate, be reasonable, yes I said be reasonable and don't get caught.

You just sit down here and b typing what you've not experienced before.. ...
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kaboninc(m): 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Did you employ ya wife? cheesy wink cheesy
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by xammy(m): 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

i and boo will laugh over stuff like this SMH
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
cnonyechi:

Better tell ur wife to take dat child to a day care and go get a job. You are spoiling her and she is capitalising on it. Please take charge of your home before you get high bp.
Its ur money use it wisely
Whose money? his money or their money?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
zaynie:

Sometimes people just do these things.
Don't forget we have only heard his version of the story not hers.

I know of a couple that any small thing the man would say "at least I put money for food down before I leave in the mornings ". The wife will just have this quiet smile. When she put the baby at less than a year in a creche and went to search for work, the husband yari and that was when the bubble burst that it was #200 he put on the table every morning for a breastfeeding mom to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Back then we used to wonder why she loved noodles so much.

"he said" he gives her 30k monthly. Every month? He has never missed it?
If she comes from a poor family (which might be the case considering he is paying her school fees) and is the eldest, that money can't be enough to cater for their needs. These little monies that come by can be handy.
I'm not justifying what she did.

And the hospital can never look at her like that. Do you know how many women they cover up?
Someone planned fake school receipt for her husband because after school fees he doesn't pay another dime in the school. The extra money was what she used to pay for some extra curricular activities for the kids, buy uniforms and books.
Hahaha! Anty the way you re defending this woman eeh.. E be like say you knows her wella?
Im only consign about the rude part of her, no matter how the hubby confronts her she is very wrong to react the way she did "if what the husband said is true".
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by lyricalz: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
ur mumu no get rival
how on earth will you pay ur wife salary?
you have used money to spoil her already this is why she is now lazy and money conscious..
imagine o, see as you mouth be like I pay my wife salary. mumu man.
is ur wife one of ur properties, house girl or employee that you have to incur cost on her monthly. mumu
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by gragraboy: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Nawao!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.