Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). (79014 Views)

This Train Passes Directly Through A 19 Storey Residential Building In China / Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) / High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
rhames:
Hope Gov. Ambode will stop making noise about Oshodi to Airport road and devise a way to do something like this in Lagos.

Bros it's a gradual process. We have more pressing things to solve first than think of this. Power, water, good roads, poor existing railways, etc have not been solved and u are thinking of building a railway through a skyscraper. When u have headache and Ebola do u leave the Ebola and start treating headache?

2 Likes

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Rexnegro(m): 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
Epositive:
amazing cool
what's amazing There? bro this is fuckinnnnnnggggggg more than just amazing...
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by postemail: 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
2dugged:
I see things like this and I wonder when we will get rid of the baggage of religious sentiments, political affiliation sentiments, tribal differences, nepotism and bureaucracy and begin to focus on improving our country,I am afraid it might not happen in my time cry

Bro, it's sad. Many folks here don't think that way. They are hard wired to whine and whine about everything. Could you imagine that many amongst our youngsters still support these "dinosaurs" managing the country? A country were people still believe there are witches and they fly.. A strong belief in juju but yet none have found a permanent cure for malaria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Kasjudy(m): 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
Explorers:
City planners built a railway station in the building, from the sixth to eighth floors.

Residents can hop on the train from their own Liziba station.

A light railway track has been built to go through a hole in a residential 19-storey building in China, a bid to solve the space crisis in the city of Chongqing, China.

The city of Chongqing in the south-east of the country has a population of 49 million packed into 31,000 square miles, causing urban planners to look creatively at solving space issues.

A special railway station was built into the block of houses, set into the sixth to eighth floors.

Residents can hop on Chongqing Rail Transit No.2 at their own Liziba station.

Even though they are living in close quarters to a busy train station, any noise has been muffled by special equipment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4330102/Train-goes-centre-block-flats.html
mehn u can post it as many time as you want .. Indeed, this is worth posting to awaken some sleeping giants.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by yinkslinks(m): 8:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
This is called land usage unlike in zoo where lands are abused and waste
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Epositive(m): 8:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
Rexnegro:

what's amazing There? bro this is fuckinnnnnnggggggg more than just amazing...

you can say that again cheesy
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by savanto: 8:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=smithsydny post=54760484][/quote]

Shut d ell up! Judging from your monicker, u are a full blooded Nigerian. NEPA kor Pole ni.....lubbish!
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by madridguy(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
Technology grin
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=smithsydny post=54760484][/quote] grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by tinny898(m): 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
Wat doing dis 1?

1 Like

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Rexnegro(m): 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
This is what sensible countries do, they make use of their limited resources .. Try this in Nigeria, either the sultan or the emir or the oba or eze of that Land will disagree thereby blocking progress.. They will incite the youths to stage a protest.

Or

The Nigerian government will ask all d occupants of that place to vacate so they will demolish the building so that they can build a railway..

When will Nigeria ever mature ?
Nigeria can never be mature due to our complex ethnicities and high level of illiteracy and low level of exposure ,until that's craved out notin for This Country in term of critical and effective development

2 Likes

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Cutehector(m): 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
VeniJu:

Dis ur comment got me ROTF.. Especially the Govt. Part. One like is not enof. Check my profile, i have ova 1000 likes. Take d nmbrs of likes u wanttongue
cool

How many likes do you have? undecided

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by arceem(m): 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
bt d vibrations nd shake of the rail could wud weaken d buildin
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by presidentpikin: 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
fadario:
2 FTC in 2 consecutive days "on explorers' thread".

I really said it that this week is gonna be awesome.

#picks up mic.
After all my years on NL, no FTC, I wasn't bothered because I knew its on the way and oluwa made it not just an ordinary FTC but specifically on explorers' thread. Thank you MTN, I thank the mosquitoes again for this. Ciao.
#drops mic.

Oga seun oya o. I'm pushing the account details to you.
Yinmu
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by VeniJu: 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
cool

Over 1000+ likescheesy
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
fadario:
2 FTC in 2 consecutive days "on explorers' thread".

I really said it that this week is gonna be awesome.

#picks up mic.
After all my years on NL, no FTC, I wasn't bothered because I knew its on the way and oluwa made it not just an ordinary FTC but specifically on explorers' thread. Thank you MTN, I thank the mosquitoes again for this. Ciao.
#drops mic.

Oga seun oya o. I'm pushing the account details to you.

My brother make money and leave this lifestyle
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by thunderbabs: 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
Nigeria O Nigeria...when will Julius the Berger build a highway pasing through the Central Bank of Nigeria in Abuja...

When? When?
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Koolking(m): 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Epositive:
amazing cool

ordinary gutter, naija contractors will demolish many buildings... all is well

Hahahahahahah! Very funny dude.

So, how will the contract price get to N100b when houses are not demolished? Beside, you will still settle the committee members who approve the contract - each with N1b.

However, I won't abode in that building no matter how iron-solid the buildings are. No human creation is perfect.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by VeniJu: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
cool

I contribute to your massive likestongue
& as a cheerful giver, give me the 26 atop yours & take 1000 from mine to make it round figurecheesy
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
postemail:

Bro, it's sad. Many folks here don't think that way. They are hard wired to whine and whine about everything. Could you imagine that many amongst our youngsters still support these "dinosaurs" managing the country? A country were people still believe there are witches and they fly.. A strong belief in juju but yet none have found a permanent cure for malaria.
it's quite sad, I guess forums like this should be used to enlighten our people,by the way it's sis smiley
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by roeb1987(m): 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
wow this is lovely. frankly speaking if such innovation will be brought to Nigeria then my family house is not save in the hands of 9ija contractors. at least a town will be demolished for such train. #let_me_come_and_be_going
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by ikp120(m): 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
Polyphony:
Even though they are living in close quarters to a busy train station, any noise has been muffled by special equipment.

Wow.

Meanwhile, rendering the 10 min 3D film I made in Autodesk 3Ds Max for one week.
Remaining time 21 days.
cry cry

You must be using a low speed, RAM and HDD computer. Try upgrading na. sad sad
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Druhgzz(m): 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
This is what sensible countries do, they make use of their limited resources .. Try this in Nigeria, either the sultan or the emir or the oba or eze of that Land will disagree thereby blocking progress.. They will incite the youths to stage a protest.

Or

The Nigerian government will ask all d occupants of that place to vacate so they will demolish the building so that they can build a railway..

When will Nigeria ever mature ?

Get inspired by the daily devotional for upwardly mobile professionals with topics ranging from tech to business insights.

Like our page on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/TMP-677097389081939/

Then subscribe to our website for more information (link on the page)
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by gloryman91: 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
This chikos no go kill person, when will my country get to this stage.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by richtea881: 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2017
These people have gone far o. Nigeria should take a cue from them
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by ikp120(m): 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
sekem:
Meanwhile somewhere in Africa, the debate on whether to wear a uniform or not is a major national topic.

Cursed race lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You'll be shocked to know that it was a Nigerian that sold that idea to them. sad sad. Someone I know reached a $30 million deal with a Chinese company to sell a breathtaking technology to them. But as he was about to seal it off, someone advised him not to sell it. Of course the dude is still there with his shiit. sad sad sad

Most of the big things you see around the world today, behind them are Nigerians. You may never get to hear their names in their lifetime. Most of these dudes buy off brilliant ideas from broke ass niggas and patent them. grin grin grin grin grin Of course nigga gonna get paid, but just never gonna get recognised. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by ikp120(m): 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
stolenstone:
Shouldn't the occupants of the 19-storey building be worried about the cummulative effect of the vibrations from the passing trains on the structural integrity of the building!

The engineers are smart enough to know that contact with the building will affect the building. There's really no contact because the tracks are about a feet or 2 above the floor.
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Cutehector(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
VeniJu:

I contribute to your massive likestongue
& as a cheerful giver, give me the 26 atop yours & take 1000 from mine to make it round figurecheesy
do u want to still make noise again? grin u don see wetin pass ur own abi
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by VanBommel(m): 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
Explorers:

No.

I posted this.

Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place.

https://www.nairaland.com/2855992/chinese-engineers-build-17000-ton
yeee shocked shocked shocked
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Wizdude(m): 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
OMJ shocked shocked
Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by ikp120(m): 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
ziga:
Innovative engineering but poor planning.

Not everything created by "Oyinbo" is good.

Trains are very noisy and cause a lot of vibration. Nobody living in those buildings will have any peace.

But Nigerians already live with noise and smoke from Generators... So, I guess we are used to all that stuff.

Did you read the post at all? The noise problem was taken care of using special technology.
While the vibration can only be felt if the tracks rest on the floor of the building, which is not so because they're elevated by a feet or 2 above the floor of the building. The tracks are not really standing on the building but on strong pillars. Those engineers considered all those things while designing that stuff.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). by Kakamorufu(m): 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
arceem:
bt d vibrations nd shake of the rail could wud weaken d buildin
am sure a lot of dampers would have been installed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.