Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

How To Remove A Virus From My Android Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Remove A Virus From My Android Phone? (542 Views)

How I Suspiciously Got The Virus From My Samsung S9plus Phone. / How To Remove A Virus From Your Android Device / How To Remove Malware Virus From Your Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove A Virus From My Android Phone? by babatee126(m): 7:54am On Mar 20, 2017
With every advantage comes a great risk. When discussing the Android phone we have a lot of applications which have a lot of advantages, with each application, there are a lot of risks.

I want to discuss the Virus removal actions first. We start with selecting the best and appropriate antivirus for our phone. Following is a list of free antivirus available for installation, but beware that only one antivirus should be installed for a particular phone.

1. Avast! Mobile Security:

Avast is excellent if the virus infecting your phone is a web based and attacks whenever you are browsing on the internet.

2. AVG Mobilation:

AVG is excellent if and when the virus attack happens whenever you open the app like a game, productivity apps like Xcel sheet viewer or something.

3. Lookout Mobile Security

4. Dr.Web for Android

Lookout Mobile Security & Dr. Web are both generic in outlook and can be used for normal security purposes for your Android.

But, how to install the antivirus?

I. The usual process of installation of antivirus is simple.

ii. You log on to the Google App store.

iii. Search for antivirus. Download it free of cost or purchase the same if required.

iv. Once downloaded, the phone will install. Please make sure you have enough disk space for the same.

v. Post installation. The antivirus will take care of phone's virus problems on its own.

But my phone does not allow me to access the Google Play Store.

Sometimes it may happen that the virus attack is severe and it may block your internet service or maybe does not allow you to access the Google Play store. In the scenario do the following

I. Go to your phone settings.

ii. Uncheck or enable the option to install apps from "other than trusted sources"

iii. Get hold of the ".apk" file from the antivirus vendor website download it to your system using any of the modes like e-mail, blue tooth, direct system transfer.

iv.Once you have the file on your Android device. You could reach for the file explorer and install the apk file. If in a case still, you are not being able to install, it is suggested that you reach for one of the professional services. I remember when I was on a trip to London, I faced a similar problem. These guys did an excellent job in removing the virus from my Android.

Basic Precautions to follow for the safety of your Android.

1. Save your Android from installing apps from sources which are not trusted worthy.

2. Never install apps like Game cheat codes or cheat engines.

3. HEX editors, binary editors are also a strict no-no as well.

Android phones are a great source for productivity, media along with some serious fun and frolic. Hope you are taking care for the same with a good antivirus.

Source: How to Remove a Virus From My Android Phone? http://www.9jaboizgist.com.ng/2017/03/how-to-remove-virus-from-my-android.html

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Bixby Is A New Intelligent Interface For Smartphones / Virus That Steals Your Sensitive Information And Won’t Be Detected By Antivirus / I Have 11k I Need Infinix Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.