Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off (25062 Views)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Repatriation Flight From UAE / Kenya Stowaway Falls Off KQ Flight From Nairobi To London / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by harbdulrasaq88(m): 8:31am On Mar 20, 2017
The Yakubu Gowon Airport, Heipang in Plateau State on Sunday was in a state of chaos as passengers prevented the takeoff of a flight.

According to reports, Arik Air sent a 70-passenger plane to convey over 140 passengers who booked tickets for Lagos.

A passenger said tickets were booked for Sunday 1pm to Lagos and they were surprised when Arik sent a plane that could only accommodate about 70 passengers.

The passenger said the small plane had landed at 1:15 pm but passengers who were not given boarding pass blocked the check-in, and insisted that no one would leave unless the airline was able to convey all the passengers.

By 3:43pm, the passengers reached an agreement to allow all those with connecting international flights, women and children and the elderly to board the first flight while others waited for another plane which they claimed Arik official assured them would take off from Kaduna to Jos.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/chaos-at-jos-airport-passengers-block.html

cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 20, 2017
Do people still fly Arik with all the delays, cancellation and horrible customer service ?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by jeffizy(m): 8:35am On Mar 20, 2017
How the mighty has fallen.
I smiled with pride when I saw Arik landing at JFK in 2014.
Just what went wrong? .

33 Likes

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by verygudbadguy(m): 8:37am On Mar 20, 2017
How life changes... The one time most adored is now the most detested and rejected airline in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by ALAYORMII: 8:38am On Mar 20, 2017
Ch
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by yaqq: 8:38am On Mar 20, 2017
arik don tire person , de for lap each other na!

15 Likes

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by holluphemydavid(m): 8:38am On Mar 20, 2017
cool
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Goldenheart(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Wonders shall never end
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by kasimshafii: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Am I the first?
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Adelawysb: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Arik air i dont just like them, they can fall your hand. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmmm,

They should just split this country and give me my share.

I'm tired already

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Ola2004: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_VgEEYgvbA

Tonto dike's ex husband Churchill reveals the 6mllion naira property worth that she destroyed in his house
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Stupid airline!!

Messed up my appointment once!!

2 Likes

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by DollarAngel(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Can't Nigeria have an Airline, is it we are too small, too corrupt to have an Airline, common Ethiopia has one, aside that listening to Ben Bruce interview about our airlines, where they pay 30% tax unlike 10- 20% they pay outside the country is ridiculous, that's why you see airlines leaving the country , majority can't pay salaries, some retrenching. Nigeria needs to reset, believe me nothing works here we only manage

10 Likes

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by helphelp: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
We need to make our environment conducive for businesses to strive, if not... Hmmmm
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Buhari have u seen

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by yomalex(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2017
hmm
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Rexhenrex(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2017
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2017
Pictures?
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by ekems2017(f): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2017
Arik management is just wicked. Do they want to tell me they don't have a bigger plane to convey everyone there? Or just the typical Nigerian way of punishing its citizen.

2 Likes

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by collinsJn(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2017
Nigeria My Country
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by hardbody: 8:41am On Mar 20, 2017
harbdulrasaq88:
The Yakubu Gowon Airport, Heipang in Plateau State on Sunday was in a state of chaos as passengers prevented the takeoff of a flight.

According to reports, Arik Air sent a 70-passenger plane to convey over 140 passengers who booked tickets for Lagos.

A passenger said tickets were booked for Sunday 1pm to Lagos and they were surprised when Arik sent a plane that could only accommodate about 70 passengers.

The passenger said the small plane had landed at 1:15 pm but passengers who were not given boarding pass blocked the check-in, and insisted that no one would leave unless the airline was able to convey all the passengers.

By 3:43pm, the passengers reached an agreement to allow all those with connecting international flights, women and children and the elderly to board the first flight while others waited for another plane which they claimed Arik official assured them would take off from Kaduna to Jos.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/chaos-at-jos-airport-passengers-block.html

cc lalasticlala

I have no sympathy for the passengers. Who in his right senses flies Arik these days?

I have said it severally, book an Arik ticket for me for free and dash me money join, I would not go with them. Chances are that the flight might never take off before the business intended is closed, so why bother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by dexentity: 8:42am On Mar 20, 2017
Poor services and poor customer relation are the bane of most businesses in this country. So those that might have urgent matters to attend to in their destination would be f_ed up.
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by bastien: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by spartanian(m): 8:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Can managing an airline be this hard?
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by klassykute(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2017
lol naija
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Cordis92(f): 8:45am On Mar 20, 2017
Good decision by the passengers
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Dandsome: 8:46am On Mar 20, 2017
hardbody:

I have no sympathy for the passengers. Who in his right senses flies Arik these days?

I have said it severally, book an Arik ticket for me for free and dash me money join, I would not go with them. Chances are that the flight might never take off before the business intended is closed, so why bother.

It seems that's the only airline that flies to Jos.... I'm just saying
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by dhamstar(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2017
Arik today Arik tomorrow. Shey na only arik dey nigeria ni? Make una fly another one na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Crashes Into A Canal In Ikorodu (Photos) / Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression / Air Peace Starts Direct Flights To Israel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.