Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,488 members, 7,781,466 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:52 PM

Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (2384 Views)

Get Your Facts Right, Bmo Chides Reps / Hausa/fulani Is Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group: CIA. Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by masseratti: 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
Afriifa:
dude I think you are just making things hard to believe despite that, all that I still agree with you that populations are just mere numbers, but dude you saying Ijaws are like normads bro, keep your mouth quiet and read your history books, if you make your research well, then You have known that Ijaws were among the ancient tribes that first settled in the Niger Delta RIGION, till date Ijaws are not found outside that region bro, or have u seen an Ijaw settlement in Benue or taraba? Despite their rivers and fishes? N u saying occupying public positions men I laugh you, fulani has the highest rate in d senate? Like really? Man call d numbers, n Fulani alone having 9 governors in Nigeria representing them? Dude na who u wan deceive,

anyway concerning their population the Fulani are up to 35 million globably but only 7 million are there in Nigeria, even Kanuri which I said was close but came up with 6.9 million in nigeria,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanuri_people en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fula_people

gets your facts straight
the govs of these various states are fulanis,Nasarawa,Gombe,Kaduna,katsina,kano,Bauchi,Sokoto,Kebbi,adamawa are all Fulanis,not Hausas.
I guess you dont know the meaning of normads guess thats why you think its an insult,Igbos are the modern day normads in Nigeria they constitute the highest nos in any states apart from the indigenes.
You dont want to get me started on how many senators are fulanis,the.President and senate president are fulanis.
btw please be civil when you want to reply,telling someone that is faceless to shut up,thats for gutter /savage people.

2 Likes

Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Afriifa(m): 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
masseratti:
the govs of these various states are fulanis,Nasarawa,Gombe,Kaduna,katsina,kano,Bauchi,Sokoto,Kebbi,adamawa are all Fulanis,not Hausas.
I guess you dont know the meaning of normads guess thats why you think its an insult,Igbos are the modern day normads in Nigeria they constitute the highest nos in any states apart from the indigenes.
You dont want to get me started on how many senators are fulanis,the.President and senate president are fulanis.
btw please be civil when you want to reply,telling someone that is faceless to shut up,thats for gutter /savage people.
Before I start with u, just know the current Nasarawa state Gov.. Umaru Tanko belongs to the Gwandara ethnic group, and the only language closet to it is the HAUSA, let me research the rest governors.. I will get back to u
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Afriifa(m): 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
masseratti:
the Current Governor of Bauchi state Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar belongs to the Zuru ethnic Group and their closet ethnicity is also the Hausas, why am I even busy unfolding your lies, when could just Ignore them, bro I no get your time, I don't know d meaning of Normads indeed
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by masseratti: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
Afriifa:
Before I start with u, just know the current Nasarawa state Gov.. Umaru Tanko belongs to the Gwandara ethnic group, and the only language closet to it is the HAUSA, let me research the rest governors.. I will get back to u
oga please stop saying what you have no idea about,oh well you can as well say saraki is yoruba,because his mother is one and h was born in a Yoruba city,same apply to the bauchi and Nasawara Governor.
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Afriifa(m): 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
masseratti:
oga please stop saying what you have no idea about,oh well you can as well say saraki is yoruba,because his mother is one and h was born in a Yoruba city,same apply to the bauchi and Nasawara Governor.
dude u funny, so after all u r coming up with another blind excuse?
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by masseratti: 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
Afriifa:
dude u funny, so after all u r coming up with another blind excuse?
oh well,you what nvm
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by TimbiMadina: 2:24am On Dec 01, 2017
Bump!!
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2017
CooperJay:

BUSTED!! grin grin grin grin Chaiii this ijaws are very dishonest people ooo
lol you dey mind dem.
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2017
CooperJay:

Na Edo's dem dey follow drag land now cheesy grin grin
na Edo people leave dem na.

1 Like

Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2017
CooperJay:
Kyase you and the Op on this thread are saying the same thing

https://www.nairaland.com/4226496/ijaws-smallest-minorities-south-facts
no mind that afriifa of a guy, the guy was yarning nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2021
Afriifa:
Before you all come for my head, just know am just like every other normal guy that loves where he's from and also happy to defend the interest of his people ( you can call me a tribal Bigot).

After reading many write ups about the Ijaw people here on nairaland, everybody seems to love the Ijaws with their unique culture, especially their Niger Delta brothers and cousins. even some of the Yorubas. But usually countered and ridiculed whenever the issue of their population is raised.

We all know, even the whole world knows that Ijaws have been marginalized a lot by the Nigerian State due to their status as Minority( we gon talk about that next time).

This thread is created particularly to counter Wikipedia for recognizing the Tiv people as the fourth largest ethnic Group in Nigeria in place of the Ijaws, thereby denying the Ijaws their rightful place on the Internet map globally. And also misinforming the Nigerian populace, thereby making the Ijaws appearing like liars even here on nairaland even when they (wikipedia) themselves made the truth obvious. Evidence loading...

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Ijaw population in nigeria is less than 2 million....U are a minority tribe.
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 21, 2021
Afriifa:
When I searched for the entire Ijaw population. Wikipedia stated yet again that the Ijaws were over 10 Million people(we r still more than that but let me accept these figures)

10 million ijaws living where??

Less than 1.5 million ijaws live in Bayelsa state and they are minority in rivers, ondo, akwaibom, delta and edo states....pls where are these hidden over 10 million ijaws abeg?
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2021
Afriifa:
lol. I feel your fustration bro.. The Current deputy Governor of Rivers state "Banigo" is an Izon woman from degema Lga. Also the current deputy governor of delta himself is an Ijaw man Otuaru, plus bayelsa own, Making 3 deputy governors, in history Tiv has no Deputy governor Idoma as won that slot as their birth right, n u dare claim you are more populous than Ijaw oboy use ur head

Are u well @ all Gabriel Suswam, George Akume and Samuel Ortom are the 3 venue governors since 1999 and they are all Tiv...Tiv is the most populated and most dominant tribe in benue state.
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2021
Afriifa:
also the Current river state speaker is an Izon man from Okrika rivers, even d former man na Izon man, bayelsa speaker of d house dat one u already know, I think we also once had an Ijaw as speaker of the House in Delta state maybe deputy, but Tiv has only one speaker of the house oo, till date, deputy na Idoma d carry am bro use ur head

Majority tribe keep governorship every year TIV AND IGBO, While minority tribe get compensated with deputy IJAW AND IDOMA
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2021
Afriifa:
u are here claiming fourth meanwhile Ijaw av a Senator in Rivers representing them, hav another representing dem from Delta state, then again three from bayelsa making it 5, senators n d whole Tiv nation which u claim are 4th largest has only 2 senators to represent dem. Or r u trying to say benue has more tribes in it or more populous than Rivers or Delta state? Use your head, 5 senators minus 2 na 3, meaning you guys need more three

Stop spreading ignorance, Tiv are found in 5 other states asides Benue state.
Re: Wikipedia Get Ur Facts Right, Ijaws Are The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2021
Afriifa:
according to my reserch the Fulani and Kanuri makes up the 5 and 6th position, it is also there, and when I checked the Kanuri population on wikipedia and the fulanis own, they were quiet numbered but none of them was able to beat the 10 million the Ijaw had on wikipedia so,

How can ijaw be 10 million wen river, delta and Bayelsa where most ijaws are found total about 10 million people grin grin

Make u de use ur head

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Is What The Different Badges That Nigerian Police Officers Wear Mean / Happy Independence Day Anniversary To All My Sweethearts / Ibo Made Shoes Becoming Proud Of Its Brand. (pix).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.