Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,816 members, 7,798,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. (16017 Views)

Does It Mean No Legit Website To Earn Money On Internet? / 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2017
Many People keep asking if they INTERNET have done more Good than Harm.
Scammers,Fraudsters,Hacker are creeping all over the net looking for prey . There are many ways people can be scam but one of the most common and least expected way to be scam is through a website . Online Market , Ponzi Scheme, Bitcoin , Etc are type of website that you can easily be scammed on .

Here is how To Identify A Scam Or Legit Website

1. Design- Website presentation and design matters . if you run a serious business , you will make sure that your website also looks serious . Some Scammer can out beat you when it comes to design I.e some scammer will make it difficult for you to decide whether they are fake or not.So if the design looks OK fine.
there are other things you should look out for when trying to identify a scam website.
*icons , logo - some website search for random logos And icons and use in there website . well , a professional designed website created icons , favicons and logos themselves .

2. Domain Extension - Don't be confuse i am talking about domain extension not domain name a website that claims to be an NGO Site Can easily Be Identify. Most NGO , Churches , International And National Organisation Use the .ORG domain extension , But other extensions like .COM , .EU , .NG , .US ,.CO.ZA can be used but if a NGO website pose with a free domain extension like .GA , .CU.CC , .TK Etc Which is Suspicious and unprofessional you should not be spoken to before exiting the site for good.

3. Testimonials - 70% of Legit website that are based on investment and online money making ventures don't have testimony page,Why? Because they are trusted . Website with ton of positive positive convincing testimonies should not be trusted.

4. Site Ranking(Popularity) - Well , This is not considered as a way to fish out scam site but to me i find this interesting and efficient websites with low ranking are considered as not productive and decelerative . A Legitimate website will have visitors on it own originality speaks .

5. Offers - A scam website will be identify easily via there offers , A Scam website can give you 10$ per referral but you hardly get 0.1$ per successful referral from a legit site. Too good to be true offers given by sites are not to be trusted.

These are some few ways to differentiate between a legit and scam website.

Drop any one i missed via the comment box.

source - http://www.abtech.com.ng/2017/03/scam-or-legit-how-to-differentiate.html?m=1

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by mokoshalb(m): 6:56am On Mar 21, 2017
nice
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by Alexas58: 6:56am On Mar 21, 2017
Is nairaland legit??..

Na play ooo before lalalala do me smtn

2 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by Fesirb111: 6:59am On Mar 21, 2017
bravo
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by mich24(m): 6:59am On Mar 21, 2017
Good to know
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by Mrdecent(m): 6:59am On Mar 21, 2017
God bless you
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by Afam4eva(m): 6:59am On Mar 21, 2017
Crappy crap. A legit websites can have all these things and still be legit and vice versa scam sites. Nothing tells you that a site is scam until you get scammed.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by ezeonline2(m): 6:59am On Mar 21, 2017
Better cool
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by hoover420: 6:59am On Mar 21, 2017
Lalasticlala, help or ministry, this thread deserves frontpage... Not Tonto dikeh & Tboss

https://www.nairaland.com/3692854/mesmerizing-work-art-nairalander#54770341

1 Like

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by blogbloke: 7:00am On Mar 21, 2017
Hmmm

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by KingOnaxy: 7:02am On Mar 21, 2017
Abeg make I focus on my future [color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by celestialAgent(m): 7:03am On Mar 21, 2017
Op is so ignorant. Real scammers use exact design if they are to make a fake website.

They use the best obtainable domain.

Testimonial? Seriously? Even MMM has real testimonials.

Cheap offer is so 2010. A real scammer simulate reality.

The only reasonable way is to check for the website's certificate and see if it uses SSL

Of betterstill sniff into the sources code the check for suspicious links

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by akanji1: 7:03am On Mar 21, 2017
Ok we don hear......
The same with some people...... they are also scam, character,make up,etc grin
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by dxplora: 7:03am On Mar 21, 2017
So many fake websites now,especially the ponzi schemes'.
E.g. paymenaira. com
They are bunch of scammers.
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by KingOnaxy: 7:04am On Mar 21, 2017
Abeg make I focus on my future [color=#000099][/color] shocked cool

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by gateleo(m): 7:05am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice one op...for me..i will suggest you install Latest Kaspersky antivirus software on your pc...with that you are 100% safe.

Good luck...
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by smartty68(m): 7:08am On Mar 21, 2017
Scam websites has every legit stuff that even a legit site has. Just thread with caution. My advice
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by ExpiredNigeria: 7:08am On Mar 21, 2017
k
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by Vickiweezy(m): 7:08am On Mar 21, 2017
Op nice topic but there are some naturally gullible olodos who are born to be scammed. You will give them a million reasons why something is a scam or fake but they will still defend the scam and even promote it among their fellow zombie IQ brethren. Till today some people still take part in MMM... smh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by MisterGrace: 7:10am On Mar 21, 2017
As a Web developer, I think the domain extension thing will be your best shot if you are on a verification process.

These idiots can clone your website perfectly well.
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by obembet(f): 7:12am On Mar 21, 2017
What of MMM
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by miketayo(m): 7:13am On Mar 21, 2017
Rubbish.. But legit and scam websites has all these..even scam sites has positive Testimonies
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by helphelp: 7:13am On Mar 21, 2017
Always check for secure "s"...

That is HTTPS....

1 Like

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by ExpiredNigeria: 7:20am On Mar 21, 2017
All these can not be used to identify a scam website by way smarter guys, the only thing is the age of the website, you want to invest in any business online make sure the business has lasted in business for at least one year, it doesn't take more than a year for a scam website to be fished out and removed by Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)

Another way is to read reviews on the website, make research on google before investing there must be complaints of scam by real victims

3 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:24am On Mar 21, 2017
Op, you need to learn present tense, past tense and past participle.

e.g1

common and least expected way to be scam is through a website

scam = scammed

e.g2

2. Domain Extension - Don't be confuse i am talking about domain extension

confuse = confused

... and many others...

3 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by shaggy007(m): 7:33am On Mar 21, 2017
RoyalBoutique:
Op, you need to learn present tense, past tense and past participle.

e.g1

scam = scammed

e.g2

confuse = confused

... and many others...

Who ask you?

@OP, nice write up.
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by ITbomb(m): 7:53am On Mar 21, 2017
Is T winkas scam?
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by 5errguru: 8:15am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice one.
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by Cashfunds: 8:26am On Mar 21, 2017
Re: How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. by paradigmshift(m): 9:48am On Mar 21, 2017
lmao... Na God go dey save person because fake site can clone the original site without you knowing . the best way is to check if it's HTTPS that mean secure, your address bar will be green at the beginning..
just be careful that all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Logout(all) / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / Facebook And Instagram Is Currently Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.