Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:09 PM

How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life (3651 Views)

Do You Need A Better Job 2020? Come in! Lets get you a job / What Helped You Get That Job. / Dear Jobseekers, What's Your Pain And How Can You Be Helped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by XaintJoel20: 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
mrnwas:

Many...
I'm into article writing, data entry, etc
I am interested in this Fiverr stuff but don't know how to go about it.

Please help.

Thanks.
Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by mrnwas(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
SuperStarBabe:
@op, how do u get paid on feverr?

I get paid through payoneer and fiverr
Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by extwoo(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
Could you please share your contact, I need help with earning on freelance websites. I also earn 10k from one stressful job like that, I'm aware of the possibilities of earning bigger, I need help with that. Please help a fellow 10k salary earner with lots of responsibility.
mrnwas:

In my country Nigeria, there seem to be a new way of linking everything that’s evil to the president.

The Unemployed ones blame Buhari, Even SSCE holder still shout Buhari when they cannot buy airtime for their Babes.

When you’re there saying no job, someone has within the last 12 months advanced to the level he never knew

He’ll reach.

Let me explain.

After HND and NYSC, I spent a couple months at home doing nothing, these were linked with the fact that I expected something nice to come my way very soon, especially with the incoming new administration. Back then I sat home, ate whatever comes my way and did nothing, this means I earned nothing at all since I had no salary to expect or did nothing to earn any.

After a series of thought, I decided to take up any job that came my way. There had been a vacancy notice in one of those corporate offices about 2 miles from home, I decided to check it out anyways.

Applied as a messenger, qualified for the job after all and was later given the shock of my life. Yes it Was a shock cos I never believed I’ll be paid 10,000 for a whole month. Well, I took it after all, I just didn’t want to earn nothing at the end of the month.
During my work as a cleaner, my boss discovered my skills with the computer, he had no secretary, so he always has me write his letters, have some documents typed, scan and merge some important letters also.

With this extra skill, I got some tip at the end of the month adding to my 10,000 salary and I would smile home always. The thing is, its not enough, but its something, at least I’ll buy my gas, pay some bills and buy some food stuffs, weekends, I go to the sites for some bricklaying jobs after which I earn some #2500.

I took the extra jobs cos I had this pressing need for a laptop of my own. I heard there are so many ways I could earn with my computer skills online and so I did everything I could to buy one for myself. So I kept up the hustle.

These were enough for the moment. Later that year, another vacancy. Its was a vacancy advertisement from a federal health facility around the locality. They’re in need of a Health Attendant and being an Environmental Health Officer from what I’d studied at the polytechnic, I knew I had a bigger chance with the health sector.

So I was called for an Interview, I passed the test and was qualified. I was a bit disappointed when the Employers slapped us with the greatest reality of all, yes, we have been employed as cleaners (Shey this would be corporate cleaners abi na wetin?). Out of the 5 accepted applicant, 3 quit immediately.

I looked around, I scratched my head, the thing pain me sha, but I realised i was alone on this, whatever decision I make right now will determine how things turns out for the next few months since I already said goodbyes to my former place of cleaning.

My younger sister had previously been offered a job in Haliburton, a company where she bags over #300,000 monthly. So I needed something to take home too.

Chai! So I wear this fine blue shirt, knot tie, black trouser, with my koko shoe only to be employed as a cleaner? But what to do?

I nor fit die, the pay was better than the 10k I got from my previous work place and so I accepted the offer.

The next Monday, I resumed work only to be taken to the cleaning session.

My brother and sisters, I scrubbed the floor, I pruned the flowers, I washed rags, those hospital dirty things, piss and blood stained clothing’s, I washed all. Some times self, some lazy relatives of admitted patients would offer a tip just to have some clothes washed for them, I had a good saving scheme from the daily tips I received.

After 4 months, my arrears came, wow, #140,000, quickly, I went to Lagos and caught a very nice UK used Laptop.

I got my account on Fiverr and I started hustling. The thing is, I designed my schedule with these people so I go to work only on Thursdays And Friday. I made sure I work hard on Fiverr and today, I make over $500 from Fiverr, I’m paid 30k monthly with arrears big enough to cater my needs.

I live on a little stream of income, so I cut my coat according to my material, I know things will be better, I’m hopeful, the future is certainly going to be great.

This is a lesson for us all, never be so quick to reject an offer cos you may never know where your best earning would be coming from.

I know a graduate deserves a good pay, but sometimes you need a small pay, you need to understand the basics of management before you start earning big.

No Job is ever too little for you as a young man, if I hadn’t accepted the 10k job, It wouldn’t have been easy for me to learn of the Job adverts and if I hadn’t heard of the job adverts, applied and got the job, I may not have been able to earn those arrears with which I caught my laptop and register on fiverr Platform.

Always see the little things in life as a stepping stone to greater heights.

I hope you understand this my friends.

www.richardnwachukwu.com.ng/importance-smaller-jobs-life-beginner/

©MrPinner 2017

Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by mrnwas(m): 6:28am On Mar 22, 2017
extwoo:
Could you please share your contact, I need help with earning on freelance websites. I also earn 10k from one stressful job like that, I'm aware of the possibilities of earning bigger, I need help with that. Please help a fellow 10k salary earner with lots of responsibility.

I really understand you a lot, you can reach me here +2347035528329
Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by mrnwas(m): 6:29am On Mar 22, 2017
XaintJoel20:

I am interested in this Fiverr stuff but don't know how to go about it.

Please help.

Thanks.

I can't say Fiverr is a get rich which platform, but if you're good at what you do, you're gonna make it a permanent office my dear
Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by WalkerMichael(m): 7:15am On Mar 22, 2017
Impressive op! Such a motivational story!
Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by NarnieSnyper(m): 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
mrnwas:

Many...
I'm into article writing, data entry, etc

Blood, please hook me up on this Fiverr ish.
I am kinda skilled in Graphic designs and still in the learning process of Web development and Java programming but i need to start earning money on my own
Bless.
Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by mrnwas(m): 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

Blood, please hook me up on this Fiverr ish.
I am kinda skilled in Graphic designs and still in the learning process of Web development and Java programming but i need to start earning money on my own
Bless.

You Can Contact me via +2347035528329
Re: How A Small 10K Job Helped Me Live A Better Life by NarnieSnyper(m): 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
mrnwas:

You Can Contact me via +2347035528329

Gratitude,blood.
I'll send u a message

Bless!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mba Or Msc / (dpr) Department Of Petroleum Resouces Paypackage/working Conditions / Npower Startup Nigeria Registration 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.