Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,431 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal (54040 Views)

Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" / Sunday Adelaja Speaks On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Apostle Suleman Sex Scandal Allegations: Checkout This Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Snowpikin: 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Thisboysef:
The thunger wey go fire diz suleman still dey lagos traffic

Ur PAPA....
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by loffyloffy: 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
Please don't lets get this confused

The lady Otobo is charged with blackmail..Not with sleeping with the Apostle..

She is charged with trying to extort Money from him illegally. It is not relevant wether they did have an affair or not. They are both adults,and there is no law in Nigeria against two consenting adults having an affair..But blackmail is a serious crime.

The Apostle may have or may have not slept with her(it's likely however that he did)..He has not broken any law of man. All he did is call the bluff of the lady and get her arrested.

The lady's case is not helped by the fact that she was caught in the process of withdrawing the proceeds of blackmail..That is like being caught red handed in a robbery.

Her subsequent attempt to expose their relationship would have been relevant if she had not been sing the facts to blackmail him.

This has nothing to do with wether they had an affair or not. The Apostle is faced with a moral issue while the lady is facing a criminal issue..This are distinct and separate

4 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
Seun, lalasticlala, please I would love this issue I'm having on here to be rectified. Have been unable to view some threads, quote some monikers, modify few of my posts and it's definitely not from my end.

Please, look into it.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Odkosh: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

Bae, I no carry the matter for head o, Juz dat e get some kind things wey u go see and you go need to tok! Asspusstle Sule is guilty no doubt!
he's guilty abi, abeg tell us how the thing take happen. be like say you be d camera man. I don't knw why u haven't come out to the world to testify the he's guilty with ur evidence. Islamic zombie.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=tee4all post=54787310][/quote]

My guy dont mind him

The guy is boy.

A boy adult

or weed smoking edeort.

or in Wole Soyinkas word. Just about running helter skelterly into the market unclad.

See reasoning on NL

Like as if he is the Sheriff behind the investigation.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
Authoreety:

STOP THINKING WITH YOUR ANUS!
when an insult became your superior argument .
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by HomoDroid(m): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
I'm shocked at the lack of clarity most people are displaying here!

What is at stake is whether there was blackmail or not. The burden of proof is on Apostle Suleiman. It looks like the behaviour and media campaign so far unleashed on the Apostle will make it easier for his lawyers to demonstrate malicious intent by the young lady.

All that is left is to prove how the threat was delivered (and any consequential exchange of benefits will add up to the proof).

The mistake many are making is that this case has to do with the innocence or otherwise of the gentleMANOFGOD. He does not have to proof his innocence at all. Blackmail is a crime on its own. It usually rest on some secret information between the two parties. In this case, any untoward behaviour of the Apostle known to the young lady (eg his amorous affairs with any of the purported mistresses would serve as the basis for the blackmail.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by airex(m): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:
Lol, if at this point you still think "Asspusstle" Suleman is innocent, your brainwashing is strong!!

I know what all these pastors are capable of, so I've always suspected Sule from the beginning.

Listen to Stephanie's press meetings, if you find nothing wrong with Suleman, listen to the press meeting again, this time, with your brain intact, void of all possible brainwashings.. you'll see truth in what Stephanie says

Christians have now resorted to calling her a prostitute and an agent of the devil, while at the same time praise the womanizing son of a b#tch.

Stephanie even had the guts to tell the police to investigate things themselves, and you think it's just a cheap blackmail??

I stopped trusting these useless men when I discovered a married "man of God" was having affairs with his members.. ..

Suleman is a conman, and only fools and the gullible ones believe he is innocent!

Modified: LMAO grin , the Christians never fail to disappoint, see them quoting me and raining hate speeches on me, let us analyze this though.

If Sule was innocent, shouldn't he be suing Stephanie for character defamation rather than blackmail?

We saw screenshots, and DUMB people called it photoshop, I called these people dumb because they don't know how photoshop works!

So are you all saying his facial expressions in the screenshots were all photo shopped? Kai, nawa o.

Stephanie might not actually be telling the whole truth, but there is truth in what she says!
To be frank, I no think say u get sense

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by benzics(m): 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
kimbra:
I think the bitčh has a sponsor. That been said, you don't have to judge a man.
She might be putting some lies, but let's be honest, there's actually some truth in what she says..
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

Your moniker, the irony grin

You've said it all, "anointed man of God", translation: infallible man.

I know that even when hard evidences are put forward, you won't still believe, this isn't the first time we've dealt with the utter ignorance, gullibility and stupidity of you lots... Ignorance is bliss
float your evidence and call be names if I don't believe..for now you 've no justification to make ur deformed thought public because it's an environmental pollution. Go and learn and get liberated from slavery... I wish you know the meaning of the words you are using, the matter will be simpler for u
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by guiddoti: 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

Bae, I no carry the matter for head o, Juz dat e get some kind things wey u go see and you go need to tok! Asspusstle Sule is guilty no doubt!
Guilty as you said is like carrying gala on yur head with no evidence -chill lacasera.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by shortgun(m): 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:
Lol, if at this point you still think "Asspusstle" Suleman is innocent, your brainwashing is strong!!

I know what all these pastors are capable of, so I've always suspected Sule from the beginning.

Listen to Stephanie's press meetings, if you find nothing wrong with Suleman, listen to the press meeting again, this time, with your brain intact, void of all possible brainwashings.. you'll see truth in what Stephanie says

Christians have now resorted to calling her a prostitute and an agent of the devil, while at the same time praise the womanizing son of a b#tch.

Stephanie even had the guts to tell the police to investigate things themselves, and you think it's just a cheap blackmail??

I stopped trusting these useless men when I discovered a married "man of God" was having affairs with his members.. ..

Suleman is a conman, and only fools and the gullible ones believe he is innocent!

Modified: LMAO grin , the Christians never fail to disappoint, see them quoting me and raining hate speeches on me, let us analyze this though.

If Sule was innocent, shouldn't he be suing Stephanie for character defamation rather than blackmail?

We saw screenshots, and DUMB people called it photoshop, I called these people dumb because they don't know how photoshop works!

So are you all saying his facial expressions in the screenshots were all photo shopped? Kai, nawa o.

Stephanie might not actually be telling the whole truth, but there is truth in what she says!
If only you know how dumb you sound, you will cover ur face in shame.
You are nothing but a piece of sh*t.
Why are you so sure suleman is guilty?
What happens to innocent until proven guilty?

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Mojoy88(m): 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

Aiye le ooooo! Ibosi oooo!

Brethren where art thy brain?
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by selfmadeboss: 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
now this is how to silence an ungrateful olosho that gets paid in hard currency for her stinking kitten.
i like this. now other oloshos can smell their mouth and join her
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
RosaConsidine:
Interesting.....she was charged with blackmail, conspiracy and intent to steal. If she was lying, then she would have been sued for (and charged with) libel and defamation of character.

What this suit tells me is that the pastor's lawyers are saying "fine, she's telling the truth. All those things did happen but she should not have used that fact to try to blackmail the pastor". Blackmail and libel are two different crimes. Libel means all her accusations are completely false. Blackmail means she's very likely telling the truth but she's trying to use it to extort money or something else from the pastor. I was expecting her to be charged with libel/defamation of character not blackmail.

This gets more interesting by the day.

You make many interesting points wrt her being charged with blackmail rather than libel ...
However is she not being arraigned by the public prosecutor as distinct from the private lawyers of the 'pastor'?

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Macmoni(m): 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
it is the fake pastor that suppose to be jail for blackmailing her to be prostitute, how did the fake pastor knew her to be prostitute, he should also provide evidence how her pussy look like the one of prostitute.
by dere face u shal no dem
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by deezydez: 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

You are the most senseless and gullible being I've never seen, u jst pouring out senseless talk from information that has not yet got a base or facts to back it up. I think u re worst than the prostitute herself. Is she your sister

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by iamsamadeyinka(m): 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
Idiot!
Who will prosecute before?
omofunaab:
Those of you saying this is a government conspiracy to nail apostle Suleiman.

Can you now see that an agent of government (police) is the one prosecuting Stephanie Otobo on behalf of your saint and daddy apostle Suleiman

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
Odkosh:
he's guilty abi, abeg tell us how the thing take happen. be like say you be d camera man. I don't knw why u haven't come out to the world to testify the he's guilty with ur evidence. Islamic zombie.

Too much attention to this guy makes him feel he matters.
He seems mildly out of order. you kno wot I mean? grin
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by BraniacX(m): 11:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
omofunaab:
Those of you saying this is a government conspiracy to nail apostle Suleiman.

Can you now see that an agent of government (police) is the one prosecuting Stephanie Otobo on behalf of your saint and daddy apostle Suleiman
It is called the game of manipulation! Plausible deniability is just one of many tactics employed! As are propaganda and obsfucation! The goal was never to criminally indicte apostle suleiman, rather it is to create doubt whether reasonable or unreasonable about his moral authority in the eyes of Nigerians and in APC's perception, unqualified to criticise fulani terrorists masquerading as herdsmen, their sponsors and their grand patron in Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by SalamRushdie: 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

You are just a child
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by BraniacX(m): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

That's my problem with y'all, you think it's a fight for sides.. . It's not! We are only stating facts and we won't allow gullibility to mislead us!

And since we choose not to see the facts as seen through your bias tinted lenses and propaganda befuddled brain can't you shut up and quietly reign in hell while the courts verify what facts if any there are to otobo's accusations for the truly unbiased? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by eyinjuege: 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

Let's even assume Suleiman had an affair with her. Is that a criminal offence? I'm not being religious here. Remove religion from all of this.
She's countersuing/suing a married man for breach of a marriage proposal to her! How can a man you know is still married propose marriage to you? Is that logical? Is he expected to commit bigamy? Which law court will entertain such a bogus suit?
Now, she has been charged with a criminal offence for blackmail. She was arrested for blackmail ab initio before all these brouhaha came to light. Is her defence going to be because he failed to marry her as second wife, she should blackmail him demanding for money?
I compare all the interviews she's giving everywhere to that of a scorned male lover pasting the nudes of his ex all over the internet.
That's the way I personally see it.
Now Suleiman may be put to trial in the court of public opinion, which is obviously ongoing, even by his congregation and board of his worship center. They may decide to investigate this whole matter and even decide to punish or sanction him if found guilty. That's fine and that's their prerogative. It still doesn't change the fact that he reported to the police that he was being blackmailed.
Let the law take its course, let's not be carried away and moved by sentiments ignoring the fact that a crime may have truly been committed against the man.
If found guilty, she and her cohorts should face the punishment. There are consequences for every crime, and regardless of status, criminals should be punished to act as a deterrent to others.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Jayuba(m): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
davtosh:

This guys reasoning is shallow you dont give too much attention to ppl like him.

Okey sir.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by iamsamadeyinka(m): 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
Proofs

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by RosaConsidine: 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You make many interesting points wrt her being charged with blackmail rather than libel ...
However is she not being arraigned by the public prosecutor as distinct from the private lawyers of the 'pastor'?

I haven't confirmed who is instituting the suit but neither case bodes well for the apostle. If it's his lawyers dragging her to court on blackmail and sundry charges, then, as I said, it's not exactly the kind of charges you would expect if she wasn't actually telling the truth.

If it's the public prosecutor charging her to court however, it does leave one wondering why the pastor's lawyers are yet to sue for libel/defamation of character after so long. Ms. Otobo is still granting interviews left, right and center, each interview coming with more damaging accusations and, if the apostle is indeed sure she's lying, then a libel suit at the very least should have been filed......unless she's not lying.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Abusombody: 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
I just da laff many people shall ooo, d same thunder when go fire this God da wait for many of us here. better repent b4 u become victim
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by ipain: 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
davtosh:

Tnx bro.

Ppl like him are the ones who think they are smart while they are one million miles away from being reasonable. Just by listening to Stephanies account he was convinced Suleman is guilty.

See reasoning?

The fact you are an atheist doesnt mean you shouldnt use your sense.

Even the illiterate man in the village knows you dont judge a matter by listening to an allegation without listening to the defence. And after listening to the two yould need to investigate to know who is a liar between the two.

no no no... you missed it. When you see such people take that kind of position, just know he is among the paid agents hired to add fuel to the whole turn of events. NOTHING ELSE.

Despite my position in this thing, I want to see the end of this issue so that we can separate Apostle, if found guilty, from the seeds of Christiandom.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by goodnews777: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
See how many El Rufai boys are now here crying foul. Now the girl will end up in kirikiri . The truth must be advanced otherwise it's a 419 case. She is going in. Apostles team must have quietly gathered info and evidence against this paradise even from Canada. From what I heard there are concrete evidence the apostle was with his wife on the days she claimed she was with him in the hotel. The devil has abandoned this girl. Watch how the northerners will abandon her too.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

She might be putting some lies, but let's be honest, there's actually some truth in what she says..

grin

your senselessness is as high as Kilimanjaro and your sanity as the mustard seed.

You are showing everyone here you wasted your poor parents money Sending you to school.

No sense at all in all your comments.

How come you are the atheist with the lowest IQ
on NL you deserve an award grin

You sound stupidly funny too.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal by Aragon: 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
benzics:

You cant blame people for defending their god can you? Many Nigerians don't know or believe in GOD of the scriptures, they believe in the one they see with their own eyes, they believe he can make them rich because of his wealth and flamboyant lifestyle, while forgetting that they are the ones that made in him rich in the first place with their Offerings and Tithes... These groups of Nigerians don't defend GOD or his CHRIST, they only defend their Mini-gods (Pastors, etc)..... Forget the Scandal and just watch Video Clips of this Suleman and tell me he Represent GOD and CHRIST... A man so arrogant and full of himself?..... Naaah!! my people deserved to be used and abused by their mini-gods, it is what they sign for so let them keep enjoying being Slaves under their mini-gods, while they wallop away in porverty

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet Shola Who Foretold The Death Of Queen Elizabeth II Trending On Twitter / Christian Nigerian Lady Visits Mosque In Abu Dhabi (Photos) / "Aso Rock Is Vacant, Osinbajo Struggling With Cabal" – Primate Elijah Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.