Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

A New Nigerian Romance Novel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A New Nigerian Romance Novel (12036 Views)

Addiction- An Awesome Romance Novel - / In Memory Only (Romance) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 12:00am On Dec 21, 2009
The title of the novel is A Heart to Mend!

The book is available from http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=67912

A sample can be viewed at http://www.freado.com/book/5186/A-Heart-to-Mend-Paperback

[B]A HEART TO MEND[/B] narrates the relationship between Gladys and Edward and offers a unique reading experience. Direct and action packed, the masterful use of emotion and suspense will keep readers totally engrossed and guessing till the end.

Sheltered Gladys Eborah has spent most of her life in a suburb of Enugu brought up in a deprived single parent household after losing her father as a young girl. After finishing her education, she moves to Lagos to seek a job and moves in with an estranged aunt who now wants to be forgiven for all perceived wrongs. Gladys suspects Aunt Isioma abandoned them out of disdain for their poverty, and has the uneasy role of the bridge between both families.

Her new friendships and career achievements gradually transition Gladys into an independent young woman. Soon, she begins to fall for wealthy Edward Bestman who, though physically attracted to her, is emotionally unavailable. Edward is very wealthy, but he is haunted by the past of his illegitimate birth and other secrets he will not share.

The themes of premarital sex, social class mobility, and romantic ups and downs that mark a budding love are fully explored. However, Myne Whitman takes the story even further. Some unnamed people are about to take over Edward’s business empire and Gladys is implicated. Who are these people who want to betray him and destroy their happiness?

[B]A HEART TO MEND[/B] will bring tears to the eyes and cheers at the end especially for those who have experienced the search for a career or tumultuous family and emotional relationships. Readers will be pleasantly surprised by the description of Lagos, the Nigerian stock market, and other business intrigues.

If you want more information please PM me or send an email to [email]myne@mynewhitman.com[/email]

Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 21, 2009
Omg, you got it published smiley kiss
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 21, 2009
Looks like a good read. smiley
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 12:08am On Dec 21, 2009
Yes I did, IBKAYE, you were one of thr inner circle, thanks.

Ebonyeyes, It sure is, thanks.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes,

Thanks very much. I'm sure you will.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by mamagee3(f): 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
Who is the author of the book? undecided
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2009
mama-gee:

Who is the author of the book? undecided
Myne Whitman possibly? undecided
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
Where is the book marketed? Im over cheesy M&B novels grin
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by mamagee3(f): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Where is the book marketed? Im over cheesy M&B novels grin

grin grin grin
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by ravenzord(m): 3:19am On Dec 22, 2009
So U did get it published. . .good,very good. I'll be mailing you,not really in2 romance novels but I think my sis would like it. Big ups sis.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 8:23am On Dec 22, 2009
Thank you all so much, I appreciate all the good comments. The novel is more than just romance novel, you won't believe the business intrigues and suspense when you read it.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2009
Ravenzord and Mama Gee, thanks for the comments. I am the author of the book.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 12:35am On Dec 24, 2009
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by semid4lyfe(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2009
Hmmmmm, so the main characters are Gladys and Edward? I can't remember where (either here or your blog) but I think I've read excerpts of the novel.

BTW, the cover is so beautiful. Aaah, those two love birds on the cover look so good together. Congrats!!!!
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by hermosa(f): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2009
i'd mos def love to read it
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2009
Semid4lyfe, yes I had some excerpts here and on my blog.

Hermosa, thanks.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by semid4lyfe(m): 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
Congrats, once again! I'm very happy for you. Wetin we go take wash am na?? grin cheesy
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 3:40am On Dec 29, 2009
Semid4lyfe,

na for you to buy am now abi? LOL

Oya the drink is below. To my new book, "A HEART TO MEND"

Clink glasses, cheers,

THnaks babes

Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by africhika(f): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
what's an M&B novel? undecided

hey, who is the publisher? looks interesting.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
Africhika, the publisher is AuthorHouse. M&B is Mills and Book novel similar to Harlequin in the US.

For those that want to buy the Autographed copy of the novel, you can now do so from my website www.MyneWhitman.com.

You can still buy the book from Authorhouse:

http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=67912

Read the first chapter on Freado:

http://www.freado.com/player/bookplayer.php?contentid=5186&authorid=4064&preview=1

This is the video trailer for the book a Heart to Mend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM7wjivOUy8
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by Sammy107d(m): 7:08am On Dec 31, 2009
I'm really impressed, Myne.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2009
Thank you very much Sammy.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 3:00am On Jan 02, 2010
Autographed copies of the novel A Heart to Mend are now available at www.mynewhitman.com
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 1:01am On Jan 05, 2010
Have you bought your copy?
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2010
Check out the buzz on other sites.

http://lindaikeji..com/2010/01/myne-whitmans-heart-to-mend.html: A HEART TO MEND will bring tears to the eyes and cheers at the end especially for those who have experienced the search for a career or tumultuous family and emotional relationships. Readers will be pleasantly surprised by the description of Lagos, the Nigerian stock market, and other business intrigues.

http://nzesylva./2010/01/05/review-of-the-book-a-heart-to-mend/: Myne Whitman’s book, A Heart to Mend, makes a bold statement to the contrary. It shows that we do not only fall in love and marry for love, we also use love to conquer a wide range of situations that could have ordinarily been a bit difficult to shoulder alone.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by semid4lyfe(m): 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2010
I read the interview you granted Ahaoma Kanu at NVS. Not bad but you no talk true when you say women are better communicators than men. grin
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 4:06am On Jan 10, 2010
Before nko? Are we not better communicators? LOL.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by chiogo(f): 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
OMG!! Myne White, you rock. congrats!!!!!
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by semid4lyfe(m): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2010
Myne White:

Before nko? Are we not better communicators? LOL.
Na your opinion na. Nothing do you. grin Make I help you do small promo

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM7wjivOUy8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="[/flash]
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2010
Thank you very much Semid4lyfe, I appreciate.
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2010
it really is cool to meet someone who's just written a book. Is this your first? How did it start? was it difficult writing it? and have you chosen romance simply because it's the genre in which you are most interested? are there philosophical undertones in your book? are you interested in philosophy? who are you modeled after?
Re: A New Nigerian Romance Novel by MyneWhite1(f): 8:12am On Jan 13, 2010
it really is cool to meet someone who's just written a book. Is this your first? How did it start? was it difficult writing it? and have you chosen romance simply because it's the genre in which you are most interested? are there philosophical undertones in your book? are you interested in philosophy? who are you modeled after?

Thank you Sauer,

This is my first book and it started from a short story. It was a bit difficult and emotionally taxing being a romantic fiction. There were also parts of the business angle I had to do a lot of research to polish to a knowledgeable standard.

Yes, romance is my preferred field of writing and I use that genre to pass across other themes I like. These themes are more sociological but also philosophical. Is love unconditional? What things are unforgivable? Is revenge acceptable and stuff like that.

I think I may be modeled after Joan Collins or Nora Roberts. In the Nigerian setting, maybe a more contemporary Helen Ovbiagele. She wrote some romance Pacesetters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Current 2015 Nigerian Essay Contest / Hurtful Pleasures / The One Night I Will Never Forget (A Short Romantic Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.