Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,969 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / . (3282 Views)

Car Vibrates on idle And Reduces Engine Output Significantly When AC Is On / My Car Vibrates On Acceleration / Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Emman8(m): 6:25am On Mar 21, 2017
Re: . by SmartchoicesNG: 6:33am On Mar 21, 2017
When vibrating does your rpm at idle drop below normal and remain there?
Re: . by showreals(m): 6:34am On Mar 21, 2017
For the vibration check all your engine seating. Generally your engine might not be too strong again
Re: . by Emman8(m): 6:40am On Mar 21, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
When vibrating does your rpm at idle drop below normal and remain there?
Remain there
Re: . by Emman8(m): 6:41am On Mar 21, 2017
showreals:
For the vibration check all your engine seating. Generally your engine might not be too strong again
Engine sit checked Itz Ok
Car start dragging like i loaded 5 people
Re: . by SmartchoicesNG: 6:52am On Mar 21, 2017
Emman8:

Remain there
Find out why it remains there instead of compensating for the extra load
Re: . by decub: 7:04am On Mar 21, 2017
Emman8:
Please help my honda accord 2003 V6 Vibrates whenever i turn on AC and acceleration started behaving sluggishly
Cc GAZZUZ, Autojosh
There are many reasons cars jerk ranging from engine seats, dying plugs, faulty break pads and rotors, faulty/incompatible compressor and so on. Since yours is noticed on switching on the AC, then you might need to check the compressor.
Re: . by autojosh: 10:19am On Mar 21, 2017
Emman8:

Engine sit checked Itz Ok
Car start dragging like i loaded 5 people

The problem might only become more pronounced when the AC is on. Hope you have scanned the car? Also check that the catalytic converter has not been stolen especially if the exhaust note has increased.
Re: . by ricki: 11:50am On Mar 21, 2017
alternator ??
Re: . by honmusa(m): 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
autojosh:

The problem might only become more pronounced when the AC is on. Hope you have scanned the car? Also check that the catalytic converter has not been stolen especially if the exhaust note has increased.
what does stolen cat has do with engine performance issue .Nairaland internet mechanic !!!
Re: . by honmusa(m): 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
Emman8:
Please help my honda accord 2003 V6 Vibrates whenever i turn on AC and acceleration started behaving sluggishly
Cc GAZZUZ, Autojosh
Do u work on the AC system lately
The AC system will become a parasite on your engine performance if it is outside ECU control

3 Likes

Re: . by GuageLTD: 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2017
autojosh:

sorry to digress sir bt pls can U kindly explain au catalytic converter cld cause d vibration?
Re: . by GuageLTD: 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
honmusa:

what does stolen cat has do with engine performance issue .Nairaland internet mechanic !!!
ahn ahn uncle. we r all here to learn na. watnif he has a point?
Re: . by honmusa(m): 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
GuageLTD:

ahn ahn uncle. we r all here to learn na. watnif he has a point?
No ,infact the engine performance will be better with catalyst removed .catalyst is a barrier to exhaust flow.
Re: . by Emman8(m): 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
No
honmusa:

Do u work on the AC system lately
The AC system will become a parasite on your engine performance if it is outside ECU control
Re: . by autojosh: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2017
GuageLTD:

sorry to digress sir bt pls can U kindly explain au catalytic converter cld cause d vibration?

I once had a similar experience.. and the catalytic converter was the last thing we ever imagined. It was stolen and replaced with a clogged one which also led to rattles. My response was basically directed at the drag issue the OP mentioned. It's probably one of the issues others raised but no one can say precisely until a physical inspection and a test drive.
Re: . by Emman8(m): 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
I just scanned it this codes came out P0325,P0430,P0134,P0154
Cc GAZZUZ, Autojosh
autojosh:

Re: . by ricki: 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
Emman8:
I just scanned it this codes came out P0325,P0430,P0134,P0154
Cc GAZZUZ, Autojosh

P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit (Bank 1)

Knock Sensor
A knock sensor sends the signal to the engine computer (ECM) if the detonation or "knocking" is occurring in the cylinders. Basically the knock sensor works as a microphone. Usually a knock sensor is bolted to a cylinder block, so it can translate the vibrations from the cylinders into the electrical voltage. The diagnostic trouble code code P0325 is set when the sensor voltage is out of the expected range. The problem could be with the knock sensor itself, its wiring or some other problem. For example, a bad knock sensor was a common issue in many Nissan vehicles.
A knock sensor can be checked with a lab scope or OBDII scan tool; take your car to your mechanic for proper diagnostic.

P0134 - Oxygen (A/F) Sensor No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Front Oxygen Sensor
The code P0134 - Oxygen (A/F) Sensor No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 1) means that the engine computer (ECM) has detected that the signal from the front oxygen sensor or the air/fuel (A/F) ratio sensor does not change for a certain time when the necessary conditions (engine temperature, rpm, etc.) are met. The term "Bank 1" means the side (bank) of the engine that contains the cylinder number 1; if it's an in-line 4-cylinder engine, it has only one bank: bank 1.
If there are other trouble codes stored along with the P0134, they might need to be looked at first. If you have codes for both banks (P0134 and P0154) stored at the same time, the problem is more likely not with the oxygen sensors, as both sensors would rarely fail at the same time. The code P0154 - Oxygen (A/F) Sensor No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1) has the same meaning, only for the front O2 or air/fuel ratio sensor of the bank 2.

code P0134:

- a faulty front oxygen sensor or air/fuel ratio sensor
- open or short at the O2 sensor signal circuit wiring or connector
- open or short at the oxygen sensor heater circuit
- vacuum leaks
- a faulty engine computer (ECM)
- lean air/fuel mixture

P0154 - O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
See the code P0134.

Actually de dude dat mentioned catalyst stuff is in de right partially.
Re: . by GuageLTD: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
autojosh:

I once had a similar experience.. and the catalytic converter was the last thing we ever imagined. It was stolen and replaced with a clogged one which also led to rattles. My response was basically directed at the drag issue the OP mentioned. It's probably one of the issues others raised but no one can say precisely until a physical inspection and a test drive.
ok bro. now I get ur point. its valid in dt case.
Re: . by Emman8(m): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
Changing 02 sensor will solve the problem?
ricki:

Knock Sensor
A knock sensor sends the signal to the engine computer (ECM) if the detonation or "knocking" is occurring in the cylinders. Basically the knock sensor works as a microphone. Usually a knock sensor is bolted to a cylinder block, so it can translate the vibrations from the cylinders into the electrical voltage. The diagnostic trouble code code P0325 is set when the sensor voltage is out of the expected range. The problem could be with the knock sensor itself, its wiring or some other problem. For example, a bad knock sensor was a common issue in many Nissan vehicles.
A knock sensor can be checked with a lab scope or OBDII scan tool; take your car to your mechanic for proper diagnostic.

Front Oxygen Sensor
The code P0134 - Oxygen (A/F) Sensor No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 1) means that the engine computer (ECM) has detected that the signal from the front oxygen sensor or the air/fuel (A/F) ratio sensor does not change for a certain time when the necessary conditions (engine temperature, rpm, etc.) are met. The term "Bank 1" means the side (bank) of the engine that contains the cylinder number 1; if it's an in-line 4-cylinder engine, it has only one bank: bank 1.
If there are other trouble codes stored along with the P0134, they might need to be looked at first. If you have codes for both banks (P0134 and P0154) stored at the same time, the problem is more likely not with the oxygen sensors, as both sensors would rarely fail at the same time. The code P0154 - Oxygen (A/F) Sensor No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1) has the same meaning, only for the front O2 or air/fuel ratio sensor of the bank 2.

code P0134:

- vacuum leaks
- lean air/fuel mixture

See the code P0134.

Re: . by Emblj: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
honmusa:

No ,infact the engine performance will be better with catalyst removed .catalyst is a barrier to exhaust flow.

I disagree @honmusa.
Re: . by honmusa(m): 9:04am On Mar 23, 2017
autojosh:

The point u raised earlier was that poor performance issue can be caused by missing catalyst .The poor performance u had with you car was not because catalyst was missing but exhaust was clogged .Clogged exhaust and missing catalyst condition will not yield the symptoms bros.See how Nairalanders self have been led astray .

1 Like

Re: . by honmusa(m): 9:11am On Mar 23, 2017
Emblj:

I disagree @honmusa.
If you disagree then ,then air your fact then .
Re: . by honmusa(m): 9:31am On Mar 23, 2017
ricki:

Knock Sensor

Front Oxygen Sensor

code P0134:

- vacuum leaks
- lean air/fuel mixture

See the code P0134.

What does any of the above code has to do with catalyst ?People seeking advice atimes get more confused even than before.
Re: . by honmusa(m): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2017
Emman8:
Changing 02 sensor will solve the problem?
None of the DTC code shared doesn't have anything to do with the complaint you want to resolve except the knock Sensor and I will not advice you to start swapping knock sensor cos electrical issue and lean issue can as well trigger it.
You need to visit a well competent professional to do further diagnosis .
But u can as well do a tune up on on the car,check for check for intake leak ,fuel pressure and confirm if the AC has not been tampered with .
Re: . by Emblj: 11:38am On Mar 24, 2017
honmusa:

If you disagree then ,then air your fact then .

Catalytic converter has the job of converting toxic fumes to less toxic. it is a not a barrier to exhaust flow neither does removing it improve engine performance.
In fact some of the effects /symptoms of a bad catalytic converter are poor engine performance, vibration and possible activation of check engine light.
Pls do not remove catalytic converter , d same way you have always campaign against thermostat removal.
This is a good analogy against your other arguement, removing kidney (catalyyic converter) cannot make the human body (engine) function optimally.
Re: . by honmusa(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
Emblj:

Catalytic converter has the job of converting toxic fumes to less toxic. it is a not a barrier to exhaust flow neither does removing it improve engine performance.
In fact some of the effects /symptoms of a bad catalytic converter are poor engine performance, vibration and possible activation of check engine light.
Pls do not remove catalytic converter , d same way you have always campaign against thermostat removal.
This is a good analogy against your other arguement, removing kidney (catalyyic converter) cannot make the human body (engine) function optimally.
check tru
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter
Performance freak s perform catalytic delete for better performance so far there is no emission law against it in your country so big deal .
Re: . by Emblj: 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
honmusa:

check tru
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter
Performance freak s perform catalytic delete for better performance so far there is no emission law against it in your country so big deal .

haba! , haba!!, haba!!!. U of all pple rcommending catalytic converter removal with all the attendant problems and cconsequences ?

Dont go d way of quacks "my teacher".

You know it is unethical and unprofessional.
Re: . by honmusa(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2017
Emblj:

haba! , haba!!, haba!!!. U of all pple rcommending catalytic converter removal with all the attendant problems and cconsequences ?

Re: . by honmusa(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
Emblj:

I dont recommend catalyst removal o to protect our environment .Though I am tempted to remove my "keke napep" own so as have the performance of a v8 machine
My argument still remain that catalyst removal increase your engine performance
Re: . by Piyke: 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
Current problem is most likely caused by the knock sensor code on bank 1 and possibly a clogged bank 2 catalyst (p0430).

With missing/faulty o2 sensors I expect the car to run in open loop, but mileage will head south.
Re: . by timifakay(m): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
Emblj:

The exhaust gas is already out of the engine, and having a catalyst is for safe disposal. Therefore, Catalyst is like a water closet/ sewage or septic tank, without catalyst is like "throwing shotput".

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acura-mdx-radio-buttons-not Responding / Dealing With Dashboard Light Issues On Your Car / Why V8 Engines Are Better Than V6 Engines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.