Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook (92839 Views)

Please I Need Help In Solving This Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 6 / Primary 4 Pupil Constructs 'Gun' In Borno. Recovered In School. Photos / Quantitative Reasoning For Basic 5 (pg 34) Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by elda2303(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
1: 6,
2: 3,
3: 4,
4: 6,
5: 2
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by shumuel(m): 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
dominique:

Is this not too much for a 7/8 year old?

Actually it's not, it's very belittling for that age range.

Anyways you feel so because your Brain is now advanced and because of that whenever you see such questions you think Further-Maths but it's not so, it's just simple Addition, subtraction, Multoplication and Division.

A Five year old would solve the questions is seconds, you all and your kids need to watch educative programmes like Cowbellpedia; in our own time it was Bournvita brain match, and stop watching BBN grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by GeneralMaC1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
SirMichael1:
See What I Saw In A Primary 4 Textbook

Quantitative reasoning for primary school should not be an IQ test question for an undergraduate.

A primary 4 lantern quantitative reasoning question was brought to me and being that I was an undergraduate, I was like... 'Izit noh just a primary 4 work? Bring it jare and lemme dissect it'. Little did I know it was tough! Oboi! Was it tough. Hell yeah! So tough to the extent that myself and two other undergraduates weren't able to solve it.

It shattered my pride (or what was left it) so much so that I had to lie to those who gave me, telling them that I've not looked so much into it. So my nairaland brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces, teachers and students. Should this type of question be given to a primary 4 student? If you can solve it, please do. wink

Quantitative reasoning for primary school should not be an IQ test question for an undergraduate, don't you think?

Its quiet simple
Look at it dis way
139 * 3=417
258 * 2 = 516 (its like d up numbers multiply to get d down number)
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Jamite(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
I just saw the trend. It has been solved already.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by donMIG(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
Multiply jor...no dei fall hands
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by timcoboy(m): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
Just multiply the numbers on top by the one in the box then u get the answer below... E.g 139*3=417...I think someone already got it
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by onos217(m): 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
Warning:If you know say your head no carry am, abeg,no go rack your head begin hear voices say make you jump into lagoon o. Remember say your people still like you!
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Kay25(m): 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
Sincerely i can't but laugh oooo its quite easy and all u need do is bringdown ur brain ooo its an addition process so if u study the pattern you will get it...
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Kay25(m): 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
[quote author=elda2303 post=54806919]1: 6,
2: 3,
3: 4,
4: 6,
5: 2[/quote
gud of u
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by onos217(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
Warning:If you know say your head no carry am, abeg,no go rack your head begin hear voices say make you jump into lagoon o.If no body like you, remember say your people still like you!
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by tosyne2much(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
Kylekent59:
Very simple

139*3=417
417/3=139

258*2=516
516/2=258
Bros I hail oooo cheesy
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by tosyne2much(m): 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
Even me gan wey graduate with first class no know the answer cheesy

Na joke I dey joke ooo cheesy cheesy

Na Pass I wan talk poop cheesy
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by akigbemaru: 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
Quantitative reasoning!
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by adeyeb(m): 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
what a question to [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by African101(m): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2017
Sometimes, i find it difficult to solve primary school subjects too, it is not that someone is dull or not brilliant, it is because it been long one came across something like that.

SirMichael1:
Come in here guys. Need your help with this.
carinmom
UltraLeslie1
African101
Otesh22
bennyzer
Funpeter
Jozprecious
larnrry
benson91
darlingnuel
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by HiddenShadow: 6:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
Kylekent59:
Very simple

139*3=417
417/3=139

258*2=516
516/2=258

You have a sharp analytical mind

What did you study in school.? kiss
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Electroweb(m): 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
Something about this question. The child has to use an overall view to solve it.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Kylekent59: 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Industrial maths and computerscience
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Blessytee(f): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
Kylekent59:
no wonder.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Blessytee(f): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
Kylekent59:
no wonder.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Nne5: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
AnonyNymous:

I swear! How did your mind even go there?

If you still haven't gotten it, you're to read the top as a whole number (not three separate numbers) and read the bottom as a whole number. The top × the middle number is the bottom

139 × 3 = 417
258 × 2 = 516

Cc nne5
whoa

Thanks
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by juligon: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2017
I don't know the answer but the unit of the answer is in NAIRA
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by 1mole94(m): 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
Am sure that even d teacher cant solve it.... bt d solution goes thus; take the numbers arranged below 417 and divide it by d no arranged on top139.....dat is 417/139=3..try it for d second example....solution provided
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by SirMichael1: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
shumuel:

angry Op unto dis small thing na him you write epistle ? And lalasticlala toke it to FP undecided i thought we trash this quesstion last year or so ?

Anyways Op, like i said then stop treating a simple basic school QR question as Further Maths because it's not Further maths rather it's simple Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction and Division now having said that the answer to your question is: Multiply the top numbers by the middle number and you will arrive the below number, or Divide the below numbers by the middle number and you will have the top number, it's ver very very simple.

Op shame on you and your friend, go to school and read your books, you will not instead you'll be craming and be looking for Roman goddess picture online and be reading meaningless articles, mtcheeew! grin

Let me give you an example so you will understand.

369 = 123 * 3 = 369 and 369/3 = 123

Got it ?

You smoke weed today abi :-/? Na after person solve am for first page keep na him you get balls reply me abi. If you quote me, I go knack you another quantitative reasoning question this night. cheesy
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by shumuel(m): 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
SirMichael1:

You smoke weed today abi :-/? Na after person solve am for first page keep na him you get balls reply me abi. If you quote me, I go knack you another quantitative reasoning question this night. cheesy

Kikiki Lol grin That QR Question already hit FP last year, and i didn't see the Thread in time, if i had i would had solve it then.

Anyways na because we don over sabi book na why the thing wan take style hard grin it's actually very simple tongue

Oya knack am for me abeg grin
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by SirMichael1: 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
HiddenShadow:

He wasn't the one who solved it. He had no idea how to go about it until 'unlimiteddream' solved it on the first. What he gave first was trash before he changed it. I even quited the crap he wrote

cc Kylekent59
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Kylekent59: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
SirMichael1:

He wasn't the one who solved it. He had no idea how to go about it until 'unlimiteddream' solved it on the first. What he gave first was trash before he changed it. I even quited the crap he wrote

cc Kylekent59
What are u saying. I already knw d ans ever since it was posted but I wanted it to get to fp cus if I showed u immediately mods wnt push it. So mind ur words.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by SirMichael1: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
carinmom:

I can solve QT better than this primary sch wahala cheesy
Which one is QT again?
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by SirMichael1: 9:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
CzarChris:
I honestly don't know what all these fuss is about. My late dad bought on very big brown book when I was in primary 4, it had Quantitative analysis and Verbal Reasoning in it's last chapter, it was in preparation for my common entrance examination(yes I wrote common entrance in primary 4 and passed, but my dad let me finish primary 5 I wrote another and passed before I went to secondary school)there no biggie there. You guys make it look like we went to primary school in the stone age. Haba!!!

Oya solve it and stop making a fuss too. Mtcheew! undecided
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by pretee246(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
Kylekent59:
Very simple

139*3=417
417/3=139

258*2=516
516/2=258
. Is DAT how u r going to explain it to d pupils?... Wat if d 3 and 2 is missing.....go hug monkey
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by wumiesontop: 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
@sirmicheal1, I have gotten a better and very easy way to solve it. It is just addition and subtraction. I would have posted the sheet of paper I worked it on but my phone battery is low and there is no supply of electricity for now. So, maybe I will do that tomorrow, God willing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Success, Sapele Schoolgirl Attracts International Community. Her Parents Blasted / Can U Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning / Kwara State Polytechnic 2014 / 2015 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.