Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,231 members, 7,780,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:25 PM

Colleague Of Doctor Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Speaks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Colleague Of Doctor Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Speaks (515 Views)

“you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape / Wife Of FRCN Staff Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon Speaks / Boyfriend Of Married Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, Lands In Hospital.Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Colleague Of Doctor Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Speaks by blogbloke: 9:56am On Mar 21, 2017
A co-staff of the medical doctor, Allwell Orji who jumped into the Lagos Lagoon on Sunday, said he showed no sign of depression when he was at work last Friday.

The colleague at the Mushin branch of the hospital told The Nation on Monday morning that Orji was usually on night duty. It was learnt that the deceased is still single.

Recalled that Orji jumped into the Lagoon at 4:45pm on Third Mainland Bridge while on his way to Victoria Island where he was going to attend a Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) meeting.

Oji, who left from his house at Abule Ijesha in Yaba, was said to have told his driver, Henry Ita, to park his Nissan Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) marked LND476EE at the Adeniji Adele end of the bridge on the excuse that he wanted to pee. As he came down, the doctor was said to have climbed the bridge’s rail guide and jumped into the ocean.

Search for Orji’s body by officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Authority (LASEMA) and security agents is still on.

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/know-medical-doctor-orji-jumped-lagos-lagoon-colleague-speaks/

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala

Re: Colleague Of Doctor Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Speaks by greatgod2012(f): 10:06am On Mar 21, 2017
Depression kills!
Re: Colleague Of Doctor Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Speaks by greatgod2012(f): 10:10am On Mar 21, 2017
An Instagram user who witnessed the shocking moment the unidentified medical doctor got out of his car and jumped into the Lagoon is still reeling from shock. What she wrote below:
"I witnessed the worst thing ever today!! The owner of this particular car jumped into the lagoon right in front of me!!! I saw him get out of his car, then jumped, I was directly behind him, I parked and ran as fast as my legs could carry me but it was too late..... I wish he had waited a little longer, I wish I was able to stop him, I wish I was about to hold his hands, I wish he could tell me what the problem was!!!!! Depression is real...... I couldn't believe my eyes, I'm still in shock, I couldn't control my tears. I ran after him I tried to save him I called for help. Suicide is not the answer!!!!! It's a pity a problem shared isn't a problem solved anymore it's a problem gossiped about...... we now live in a world where negativity is like 90%. I really wish I was able to save him. Loads of people stopped because they saw me acting like a crazy woman, the ambulance was present, the fishermen were trying to help but it was too late!!!!! He left a note on his personalized Dr's notepad with his house address. May God help his family though this difficult time. Please, let's be our brothers keeps. Let's genuinely love and help one another. Life is short. We are here for just a little time. Let's spend that time spreading love and being kind to one another!

Someone sent me this on WhatsApp and I think it's very relevant!
Re: Colleague Of Doctor Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Speaks by greatgod2012(f): 10:14am On Mar 21, 2017
Another one......

Was thinking about the fellow that jumped into the lagoon yesterday and I just couldn't help but feel sad....I spent time wondering what could have moved the young man to such an action. Heard on radio this morning that he was just 35 years....
At 35 he was a doctor...had a car, and even a driver...from the Nigerian standard that sounds like a successful young man in all ramifications.
There probably were lots of his secondary school mates or his university mates envying him.
But truth is no one knew what he was going through.....
I concluded that he was having a bout of depression and it took a bad turn.
I will ask some pertinent questions.
When last did we check on a friend that we haven't heard from in a while?
When last did we visit some one we knew was finding things difficult?
When we see someone who had it going so well and all of a sudden is finding it hard to make ends meet, do we make fun of them?
When was the last time we called the names of particular people in our circle during our prayers with our creator, to intercede on their behalf ?
The economy is tough and truly people are finding it more difficult to survive.
I have noticed personally an increased number of destitutes in Lagos lately.

We need to watch out for each other.......we need to call, we need to visit. I am hoping we check in on others from time to time ( physically).
We never know who needs just an ear to listen to all the problems he/she is going through.

Let's be more caring..... To at least call someone per day just to say hello!

Lets ponder on this for a few seconds and decide to assist each other psychologically today.

Please feel free to share

(1) (Reply)

A Cry For Justice / Corruption In The Nigeria Police Will Dwarf Buhari's Efforts - Ubani / A Notorious Nigerian Drug Peddler, Okey, Arrested In India For The Second Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.