Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic (38137 Views)

Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat And Three Shops To Let Benin City Edo State / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex And 2unit 2bedroom Flat / Abuja Selling: Four Bedroom Semi Finished Duplex With Two Unit Of Self-contained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Following, so far so good, excellent foundational work going on here, when you see competent Engineers, you dont need a soothsayer to tell you because the work speak for itself & my latin friends will say >> "res ipsa loquitur" , if l will be recommending an Engineer from Nairaland to my friends & family members in my base currently outside Nigeria and who wants to have a home of theirs in Nigeria, this guys will definitely be on my list l will present to them, l can only wish the owner of this project and the team of Engineers all the best as they construct this edifice. wink cool

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
Filling and compaction of foundation: the filling was done using '' yoyo'' a sand with considerable sharp.

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
More foundation filling

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
After the foundation filling was completed, the filling was wet several time and allowed to consolidate for ten days before a large hand held compactor was used to compact the foundation for two days.

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Application of damp proof membrane and a screed of 50mm to 75mm before placement of raft slab reinforcement

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Marilo(m): 10:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:
On the day of casting : arrival of materials.
We have two trip of 30 tonnage gravel, three trips of 20 tonnage sand, 500bags of Portland dangote cement and 1 trips of stone dust.

1. I would expect a project of this magnitude would require granite instead of gravel.Can you explain why you chose gravel instead?

2.I want to believe Portland Dangote cement is a mistake or is there an hybrid of portland and dangote cement in the market?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Placement of raft slab reinforcement :
A brief description of the reinforcement pattern.
Since, most of the slabs are two - ways spanning slab, the support reinforcement are placed at the bottom in accordance to the structural details while the span reinforcement are placed on top.

The spacing of the slab is 250mm center to center and the still employed are 10mm high yield bars and 12mm high yield bars.

We have a spacer to separate the bottom reinforcement from the top reinforcement.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Marilo:

1. I would expect a project of this magnitude would require granite instead of gravel.Can you explain why you chose gravel instead?

2.I want to believe Portland Dangote cement is a mistake or is there an hybrid of portland and dangote cement in the market?

What people in the south called granite is what I called gravel. I mean coarse aggregates.

All the cement we use for concrete batching are called ordinary Portland cement. So, ordinary Portland dangote cement is the cement we buy commonly around which comes in a bag of 50kg
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
Casting of raft slab /dpc/German floor

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:
After the foundation filling was completed, the filling was wet several time and allowed to consolidate for ten days before a large hand held compactor was used to compact the foundation for two days.

my understanding is that for best results, your compaction should be done in 300mm layers; as in fill to 300mm ; compact fill to another 300mm; compact again

whats the distance between the fence and the building? i am trying to remember LASPAA requirements/guidelines. for commercial buildings gap is supposed to be 3 metres between fence and building - or maybe even six metres. i do not recall the standard for residential

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyb:

my understanding is that for best results, your compaction should be done in 300mm layers; as in fill to 300mm ; compact fill to another 300mm; compact again

whats the distance between the fence and the building? i am trying to remember LASPAA requirements/guidelines. for commercial buildings gap is supposed to be 3 metres between fence and building - or maybe even six metres. i do not recall the standard for residential

The distance between the fence and the building is 3m and that is the local requirements.

The best results will be to compact the soil in layers but that will be impossible to achieve considering the fact that the filling was done manually, you will need and excavator to to lift the soil into the rooms to compact in layovers of 300mm.

The method use involved filling the out room first, then sand are moved to the inner rooms using wheel barrow.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:

The distance between the fence and the building is 3m and that is the local requirements.

The best results will be to compact the soil in layers but that will be impossible to achieve considering the fact that the filling was done manually, you will need and excavator to to lift the soil into the rooms to compact in layovers of 300mm.

The method use involved filling the out room first, then sand are moved to the inner rooms using wheel barrow.

actually, it is doable with wheel barrows as you said. mark your 300mm levels, pour the sand and spread .your challenge would be the actual compaction - but that can be achieved with a plate compactor or even the local wood compactor. the roller was overkill for the foundation [imho].
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyb:

actually, it is doable with wheel barrows as you said. mark your 300mm levels, pour the sand and spread .your challenge would be the actual compaction - but that can be achieved with a plate compactor or even the local wood compactor. the roller was overkill for the foundation [imho].

Oga that is your opinion. Thanks all thesame

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Oga that is your opinion. Thanks all thesame

np smiley we are all here to learn.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyb:

How will the roller get into the depths of the foundation?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Chekitaut: 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
Thumbs up... Clapping hands...

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

How will the roller get into the depths of the foundation?

doesnt need a roller

they can use a plate compactor , or even a simple wooden cross arm, which manual labourers will use to tamp the filling

we are in a protracted commissionig horror story on a project. we had the same issue described in this project on a much larger scale . we were filling the site up to a newly upgraded road level. so we sandfilled the site with roughly 700mm depth of sand; area of site was over 2000 sqm . for the building foundation and another substructure, our compaction was as i described. we used a roller for the driveway proper
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Chekitaut: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
mufutau55:

I do not agree, not all of us have open mind. If the Client says "Don't publicize the cost", then the Contractor should not do it.
What you are asking for is an estimate... then that could be discuss in another thread, not in the same thread that it was mentioned that the cost is confidential. Spyder used to do this until he started getting garbage critics emails about lying on the cost...

Note: Personally, if I am the Client, I don't care if the cost are revealed to the last kobo... becos that will not have any effect on me.
But some people like to make everything confidential... we all have our reasons. There is no right or wrong on this.

Hajji M.
So many ways to go about it, list of materials without cost is welcome its left for whoever want to also build to do market surveys to know the costing. If you don't believe what Spyder880 quote, i don't wish any to believe sef because two ways, it may encourage you or discourage you.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by podosci(m): 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Marilo:

There is generally misconception about "GRAVEL and GRANITE"
Gravel.
"Gravel /ˈɡrævəl/ is composed of unconsolidated rock fragments that have a general particle size range and include size classes from granule- to boulder-sized fragments"- wikipedia .Gravel is what is used for construction and is as different sizes ranging from granule to boulder size.
Granite.
"Granite (pronunciation: /ˈɡrænᵻt/) is a common type of felsic intrusive igneous rock that is granular and phaneritic in texture. Granites can be predominantly white, pink, or gray in color, depending on their mineralogy". This used for the production of tiles, countertops and other interior and exterior display of elegance
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Marilo(m): 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
podosci:

There is generally misconception about "GRAVEL and GRANITE"
Gravel.
"Gravel /ˈɡrævəl/ is composed of unconsolidated rock fragments that have a general particle size range and include size classes from granule- to boulder-sized fragments"- wikipedia .Gravel is what is used for construction and is as different sizes ranging from granule to boulder size.
Granite.
"Granite (pronunciation: /ˈɡrænᵻt/) is a common type of felsic intrusive igneous rock that is granular and phaneritic in texture. Granites can be predominantly white, pink, or gray in color, depending on their mineralogy". This used for the production of tiles, countertops and other interior and exterior display of elegance

Using the attached,which one is gravel and which is granite...

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by podosci(m): 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Marilo:

Using the attached,which one is gravel and which is granite...
The first picture is gravel. This is the one used for Building construction.
The second picture is commnonly called local stone, which is also a coarse aggregate. I am not familiar with the chemical properties to comment further on the stone.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by elvis07: 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lets not forget that d cost estimate stated on this property section is wat actually drives alot of pple whi thought building a house has to involve brwaking a bank. I will u myself as an example, d ideas nd cost stated here actually moved me to take a step in building my own house which is standing today nd still plan for more.
mufutau55:

I do not agree, not all of us have open mind. If the Client says "Don't publicize the cost", then the Contractor should not do it.
What you are asking for is an estimate... then that could be discuss in another thread, not in the same thread that it was mentioned that the cost is confidential. Spyder used to do this until he started getting garbage critics emails about lying on the cost...

Note: Personally, if I am the Client, I don't care if the cost are revealed to the last kobo... becos that will not have any effect on me.
But some people like to make everything confidential... we all have our reasons. There is no right or wrong on this.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Marilo(m): 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
podosci:

The second picture is commnonly called local stone, which is also a coarse aggregate. I am not familiar with the chemical properties to comment further on the stone.

A little bit of confusion....I have always known the first picture to be granite and the second one gravel.....Thanks all the same

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
oyb:

doesnt need a roller

they can use a plate compactor , or even a simple wooden cross arm, which manual labourers will use to tamp the filling

we are in a protracted commissionig horror story on a project. we had the same issue described in this project on a much larger scale . we were filling the site up to a newly upgraded road level. so we sandfilled the site with roughly 700mm depth of sand; area of site was over 2000 sqm . for the building foundation and another substructure, our compaction was as i described. we used a roller for the driveway proper

Well, this team is a proven and known quantity on here.

The decision to use the roller I'm sure wasn't casual.

The roller and tamper are not equal.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
Marilo:

A little bit of confusion....I have always known the first picture to be granite and the second one gravel.....Thanks all the same

The first one is a gravel which is a coarse aggregate with a uniform sizes of not more than 19.5mm (3/4). The second type is a all in one aggregates ( a combination of coarse, fine aggregates and dust) this may occur naturally or from a rock
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
elvis07:
Lets not forget that d cost estimate stated on this property section is wat actually drives alot of pple whi thought building a house has to involve brwaking a bank. I will u myself as an example, d ideas nd cost stated here actually moved me to take a step in building my own house which is standing today nd still plan for more.

I'm on the same wavelength with you.

As stated before even a range would suffice. But to each his own.

Hey, at least they are throwing us quantities grin
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Barryton: 1:37am On Mar 23, 2017
podosci:

Sir if the first picture is gravel, which type of stone is granite? Because I am sure so many engineers and stone suppliers refers to the first picture as granite. I would appreciate if stone suppliers and other engineers can join to clarify this. I thought granite is what is used on walkways in road construction, which is the first pic? Thanks.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by olumide4christ: 2:01am On Mar 23, 2017
podosci:

Sorry....but the 1st picture is granite while the 2nd is gravel...take note.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:47am On Mar 23, 2017
olumide4christ:

Sorry....but the 1st picture is granite while the 2nd is gravel...take note.

sorry... you are wrong, the first picture is gravel while the second picture is "all in one coarse aggregates'' ...take note
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by mufutau55(m): 4:00am On Mar 23, 2017
elvis07:

I truly agree with you Sir. All I am saying is that if the Client says "NO" there is nothing the Builder can do about it.
I am all for cost visibility because it helps some of us... even me, YES. but we cannot push the Builder to do otherwise.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Qc1(m): 4:20am On Mar 23, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Nice one Hajj mufutsu

To shed a light on this, I may personally call the contract off if he share a confidential info about this particular project. And yes, I meant exactly what I said.

Just kidding!
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by mufutau55(m): 4:28am On Mar 23, 2017
Qc1:

Nice one Hajj mufutsu

To shed a light on this, I may personally call the contract off if he share a confidential info about this particular project. And yes, I meant exactly what I said.

Just kidding!

Don't worry, this time no leaking foundation floor o. God dey look out for Him own o.
I beg no fire my young brothers o.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). / Flooded Houses In Ogbunabali, Port-Hacourt: Residents Removing Flood / The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee

Viewing this topic: folmus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.