Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented (8458 Views)

Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Presidency Orders Probe Of Alleged Scandal.. / Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply / Dino’s Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students’ Affair Of ABU Commented (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
Dino is a graduate of ABU Zaria. I do not like him but the campaign of calumny and falsehood against him must stop. I recalled a meeting with the then VC, chief security officer Mallam Ashiru and the Dean Student affairs Doctor Tanimu. At the meeting it was resolved that all policially exposed students and unionist must be graduated for peace to reign in ABU. The VC started by asking me the SECGEN ABUSUG when am I supposed to graduate? I told him I was only in 4 hundred level law then, he then asked after so many other commrades like Anslem, Chris, Ochums, Arokoyo, Ribadu, Renshaw, Kamal, Ntom, SB, Bright, Ganzi, Kombitel, Realman, Kurfi, Kabir Mustspha, Tijani Kabir(refused to graduate and 8 years later became NANS president), Precious Abdul, MB Mustspha, Dino etc......he gave a marching order that the Dean student affairs must ensure that our types are promptly graduated and leave the school in peace and in good time. Refering to all the so called elders and Unionist of ABU then.

The case of Elder Dino as he then was, was even the worst. In truism Dino never wanted to graduate from ABU. He was benefiting handsomely and almost feeding from Unionism like many Unionist, he deliberately keep having carry overs so as to remain in ABU against the orders of the VC. Trust the smart VC Mahdi, he ensured that Dino swiftly pass all his carry overs, when Dino resisted that move by the VC, he was told by the Dean that the University has the power to pass and graduate any of it students if they are satisfy that such a student has attained sufficient learning or good character standing(whether he actually pass all his papers or not). In Dino's case , the emphasis was placed on his good character and not necessarily the waived passing.

I repeat, Dino is a bonifide graduate of ABU Zaria, Department of Geography and Faculty of Social Science. He has his genuine transcript and certificate. He might have been exempted from NYSC as he was an adult even when in school.

Bar. Ahmed Tanimu
Dean of student ABU Zaria

6 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by shortgun(m): 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
Dino graduated unlike one cattle rearer who never went to secondary school.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by supo19884: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
I knew this would be the outcome because most vulnerable senior or system men in my university are always awarded with certificate of attendance.

1 Like

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by SalamRushdie: 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
Case closed

6 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
You my dear, Nigerians problem started when we started placing emphasis on certificate!

shortgun:

2 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by SalamRushdie: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
shortgun:

Till date the Cattle reader has refused to show us even the NEPA Bill he claimed to possess

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
Okay!!
SalamRushdie:
Case closed
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by dunkem21(m): 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
Dino is a graduate, fullstop.

3 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by fowosh: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
baba head dry
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by serverconnect(m): 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
Chai, breeze done blow fowl yansh open. Certificate or poor performance, hence he graduated and become a senator.

3 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by paramakina202: 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
The president have NEPA BILL certificate and i wonder why ZBs are here arguing whether Senator Dino graduated or not.

13 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by omokab: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
What this man is saying might be true but can't be used in court. If truly he has a lot of carry over and the school just passed him in any case, the competent court and school have right to withdraw his certificate. Is just like a case of somebody who gain admission with a pass in mathematics to study accounting with waiver or negligence or favour from the school management, if he goes for an interview after graduating from the school, the panel will certainly ask him/her about the deficiency he has in mathematics to study accounting which require it before gaining admission. If he's employ in government establishment, when it is time for mass sacking due to lack of availability of funds, he will be one of those to be considered first for retrenchment. Even with his pass in mathematics he can't register for ICAN. So, in this case I don't see him escaping this certificate issue.

5 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by todaynewsreview: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
I can't find that name among the Principal officers of ABU though this may be the right explanation.
Could the article be referring to previous Dean Student Affairs during Dino's time?

Professor Ibrahim Garba
Vice Chancellor

Professor Kabir Bala
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)

Professor Ezra B Amans
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)

Mal. A. A. Kundila
Registrar

Alh. Yahaya Hassan
Bursar

Prof. Umar Ibrahim
University Librarian

Prof. Ibrahim M. Sule
Director, DAPM

Prof. Mohammed S. Shehu
Dean, Student Affairs Division

Prof. Sadiq Z. Abubakar
Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies

Mal. Sale Haladu Ririwai
Chief Internal Auditor

Engr. Mohammed A. Sambo
Director, PP&MS

Col. Jibril K. Tukur (Rtd.)
Chief Security Officer

Prof. Sahalu B. Junaidu
Director, ICICT

https://abu.edu.ng/principal-officers.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Mortiple(m): 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
Shame on SAHARA REPORTERS and their cohorts.

Those who think that Sahara Reporters are always credible should hide their faces in shame.

It is an open secret that this Dino certificate debacle was orchestrated from Bourdilion.

9 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by emorse(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
I'm confused. Dino was graduated by force? Whatever happened to rustication?

1 Like

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by doctokwus: 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
This is the worse rubbish i have read all week.
So a VC ordered forceful graduation of all student union leaders.Tell this rubbish to Biati. The relevant questions that logically follows is for Dino to show everyone his NYSC discharge or exemption certificate if he actually graduated.
Meanwhile why is it taking Dino long to produce d certificate or is he cooking up one?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Agimor(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
So many certificateless leaders in the system. Little wonder they've failed to invest in the sector.

1 Like

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Okanokan(m): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
supo19884:
I knew this would be the outcome because most vulnerable senior or system men in my university are always awarded with certificate of attendance.

Whatever, you call it, its clear that Dino graduated and his contribution on the floor of the senate has shown that those who had Phd, Msc Bsc etc etc, passed through the university but the university did not pass through them. Go through the hansard of the senate and see those who have degrees thier contribution you will be shocked.
Dino Melaye is a Parliamentarian Parliamentarian, he is good.

5 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by BrutusOj(m): 10:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
omokab:
What this man is saying might be true but can't be used in court. If truly he has a lot of carry over and the school just passed him in any case, the competent court and school have right to withdraw his certificate. Is just like a case of somebody who gain admission with a pass in mathematics to study accounting with waiver or negligence or favour from the school management, if he goes for an interview after graduating from the school, the panel will certainly ask him/her about the deficiency he has in mathematics to study accounting which require it before gaining admission. If he's employ in government establishment, when it is time for mass sacking due to lack of availability of funds, he will be one of those to be considered first for retrenchment. Even with his pass in mathematics he can't register for ICAN. So, in this case I don't see him escaping this certificate issue.
Mtcheeew...what kind of stupiid analogy is that?

10 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by BrutusOj(m): 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
doctokwus:
This is the worse rubbish i have read all week.
So a VC ordered forceful graduation of all student union leaders.Tell this rubbish to Biati. The relevant questions that logically follows is for Dino to show everyone his NYSC discharge or exemption certificate if he actually graduated.
Meanwhile why is it taking Dino long to produce d certificate or is he cooking up one?
Has Buhari presented his WAEC results?

11 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by BrutusOj(m): 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2017
emorse:
I'm confused. Dino was graduated by force? Whatever happened to rustication?
Rusticate him on what ground? you think SUG then is like the current crop of cowards parading themselves as SUG? Whether you guys like it or not, Dino is not a coward.From Tinubu to Buhari' boys he will jump them pass

7 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
Where is Lalasticlala self?
Must we beg again! Haba
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by policy12: 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
Naija season film

1 Like

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
Is the Dean speaking on behalf of the school ?

From the statement, it shows that Dino did not graduate properly. I don't even care as long as he is a good Senator, but wait oh, what about Buhari's certificate ?

Seems APC paraded a bunch of drop outs.

Shame

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by emorse(m): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
BrutusOj:
Rusticate him on what ground? you think SUG then is like the current crop of cowards parading themselves as SUG? Whether you guys like it or not, Dino is not a coward.From Tinubu to Buhari' boys he will jump them pass
In my days in UNILAG, one could not spend more than one and a half of the normal duration of his/her course of study. i.e one could not spend more than six years for a four year course for example.

@ bolded, I don't do this "us vs you" thing a lot of people do on social media these days. I'm sensible enough to know that neither Dino, Tinubu nor any of their likes care about me. Therefore, I do not give a hoot what happens to any of them. Just so you know.

3 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by BrutusOj(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
emorse:

In my days in UNILAG, one could not spend more than one and a half of the normal duration of his/her course of study. i.e one could not spend more than six years for a four year course for example.

@ bolded, I don't do this "us vs you" thing a lot of people do on social media these days. I'm sensible enough to know that neither Dino, Tinubu nor any of their likes care about me. Therefore, I do not give a hoot what happens to any of them. Just so you know.
I get your point. But, you must understand that schools in the core north don't operate like other places in Nigeria. I have seen someone spend more than the maximum years(6) for a four years course.

2 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
If this is true, it would then appear that Dino did not pass on academic merit but only on supposed good behavior (which even so does not seem correct, because he was a troublemaker and the very reason why the university wanted him out at all cost).
He was simply a scammer, scammer off the university through student unionism from which he was feeding fat on - so much for his integrity; which also accounts for his thuggish persona in the senate.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by emorse(m): 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
BrutusOj:
I get your point. But, you must understand that schools in the core north don't operate like other places in Nigeria. I have seen someone spend more than the maximum years(6) for a four years course.
OK o.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by aribisala0(m): 12:03am On Mar 22, 2017
omokab:

See Logicmentation !!
I will pray for you to get sense one day........... Chai!!

5 Likes

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by skedman(m): 12:23am On Mar 22, 2017
shortgun:
hello,whenever you are about to comment kindly please write your qualifications.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by konoplyanka: 12:34am On Mar 22, 2017
Billyonaire:
Is the Dean speaking on behalf of the school ?

From the statement, it shows that Dino did not graduate properly. I don't even care as long as he is a good Senator, but wait oh, what about Buhari's certificate ?

Seems APC paraded a bunch of drop outs.

Shame
what certificate are you ipod clowns talking about?
buhari has shown his certificate in 2015. if you are not satisfied with it go and do as oshiomole advised.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Still Remains Our Presidential Candidate – Oyo PDP / Nobody Can Do What Oshiomhole Did For Edo North - Wife Of Olokpe Of Okpe (Video) / Senate Gets 57 Requests For States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.