Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,382 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Breaking!!! Fanta/sprite Issues Arisen - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Breaking!!! Fanta/sprite Issues Arisen (640 Views)

Nigerian State Bans Consumption Of Coke, Fanta, Sprite At Its Events / Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite / NAFDAC Appeals Ruling Declaring Fanta, Sprite Poisonous With Vitamin C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Fanta/sprite Issues Arisen by KevD123: 10:37am On Mar 22, 2017
Fellow Nigerians,

I'm not an expert on food and drugs. I'm also not an expert on manufacturing drinks
If I might add, I also have no legal experience whatsoever.
What I do have (and in excess, is common sense). I'm sure you have same too.

So.lets reason together.

They say fanta and sprite mixed with vitamin c will kill you.
You really don't believe this, do you?
I mean, remember when they said mango and beans would kill? Same with banana and egg? Today I even heard you should avoid smoked fish, roasted corn and plantain if you have plans to see your children's children.

That time, they even tried to stop us from eating indomie. Last year it was rice.
So what do they want us to eat and drink? At this rate, 'they' should kuku just kill us all.

I've heard and read both sides to this situation and both have their points.
Mr fijabi on one hand mourning his condemned products and NBC/NAFDAC being questioned on the integrity of their companies.

My people, at the end of this matter, no be we go suffer?
one thing I know is the NBC have too much to lose in this matter. After building a company for over 60 years, it's now they'll want to endanger the lives of people in their largest market. E no too join.

Do you know how many families are fed from the plants of NBC? Do you think their thousands of workers would stand by and poison themselves, their families and friends with "bad fanta and sprite?"

Every Rasheed, Chuks and Abu is screaming BENZOIC ACID. Do you know there's the same in your ketchup, sausages, yoghurts, geisha, toothpaste, Listerine and all that stuff? I know you're saying "but we don't take it with vitamin c"

Do you know ascorbic acid is found in citrus fruits like oranges? Ever had food with geisha and then an orange? Oya now.
My people, this thing is not maths like Fanta + Vitamin C = Poison.
It's not true. Far from it.

If you're in doubt, you could speak to experts in chemistry. And if you need more assurance, you can be sure that NAFDAC would not have cleared NBC if it had something to hide. Please we should not let ourselves be used to push the propaganda of people who seek to capitalise on the economic state of our nation.

Let's be wise. Let's not be easily deceived.

Mr X
Your fellow Nigerian
Re: Breaking!!! Fanta/sprite Issues Arisen by DrDeji20(m): 10:49am On Mar 22, 2017
'keen
Re: Breaking!!! Fanta/sprite Issues Arisen by Lucy001(f): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2017
Wat again, but I just drank fanta dis morning! shocked

(1) (Reply)

TRAINING! TRAINING!! Training!!!(must See) / Aligator Pepper Seed For Sale / Where Can I Get Cannabis Oil -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.