Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For (66128 Views)

ASKA Flying Car: This Is The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For - Photos / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by delerx(m): 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wa pa laiye. The Op just want enter frontpage.
cremedelacreme:
Na today? This Hum Rider feature cant work in Nigeria because our own type of traffic no be like the one in the picture. Keke,Danfo,Okada and gala sellers would cover the small available space. Naija I hail. grin grin
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by smartty68(m): 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hmmm nice innovation. But bringing such car into Naija would put you in serious problems with people on the road cos lots of side mirrors would have been broken before even making it through queue of cars. Cos people park cars on the road like they live in face-me-I-face-you compounds grin
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by justmenoni: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Op, if a truck is damaged on the road, hence causing traffic jam, can this rum hum manoeuvre over it
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
Is it a DANFO ?
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by koro11(m): 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=AutoReportNG post=54835669]This definitely will be a good news for Lagosians who spent hours on Lekki, 3rd Mainland, Ikorodu Road etc, as the car you are waiting for has finally berthed. For regular commuters that know the pains of peak-hour traffic, it is something of a dream.

A car that has the ability to widen its base and rise up to a height that allows it to cruise over the top of other vehicles, eliminating any need to wait in line. Look no further than the Hum Rider – a Jeep Cherokee with hydraulic lifts built into the wheelbase.

Incredible car modification from Hum Rider means you will never have to sit in traffic again

Looks too good to be true, right?

That's because it is.

The Hum Rider is the result of a cleverly planned marketing scheme for Verizon Telematic’s Hum dongle, which adds diagnostics, road-side assistance, location and speed tracking and geo-fencing to your vehicle's computer.

Designed by marketing agency Thinkmodo, the hydraulic car is designed to represent the extraordinary driving experience the Hum dongle can provide users.

"In many respects, (the Hum Rider is) a bit of a metaphor, taking the ordinary driving experience and making it extraordinary," Verizon VP of Marketing Jay Jaffin told Mashable.

"Kind of what we’re illustrating with that crazy car that drives over cars."

Created with over 300 feet of hydraulic lines, the mechanism is powered by a single gas Honda generator, driving over 400 kg of pressure through the pipes to lift the car nine feet in the air.

The Hum Rider weighs a whopping 3,800 kg - also double the weight of a standard Jeep Grand Cherokee.

While it certainly is a shame this incredible feat of engineering is no more than a one-off marketing stunt, it is probably for the best.

If these things got out onto the roads,one can only fathom the kind of multi-levelled traffic chaos that would ensue.

Source

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/see-hello-to-hum-x-car-lagosians-have.html

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIi4-gHpj8

Sharp!
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Afonjashapmouth: 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
Make i play small.. No take am serious mofos.. Come to think of it kponshing babe inside the upstair no go bad ooh when konji hold and. Traffic hold too, make call and drive make lastma carry ladder... U see police ooyaaa raise d leg up piiiiaaaan make dem turn harry porter.. U chop EBA no get money piaaaan ...... U want reconnect light zuuuuuuuu up no need for ladder.... Weed hungry u smoke piaaan for traffic .... Enjoy... Finally u wan punish olosho for night just codely go up tell her to drop off. But when Lagos direction board or advert board go knack u off bridge or leg go hang no gree come down don buy parachute down or ladder ... grin grin
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Firstcitizen: 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Na today? This Hum Rider feature cant work in Nigeria because our own type of traffic no be like the one in the picture. Keke,Danfo,Okada and gala sellers would cover the small available space. Naija I hail. grin grin

It will be good to navigate flooded areas
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by SafeDavid(m): 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
This is nothing but oppression. grin
Shame go catch me to drive this kine car...

Haba na only you no like traffic?
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by sagerasaq: 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
if to say... Mama Iyabo, Iya bashira and Mummy eleja dy insyd d motor Dt wheel no fit carry dm up oooo.... If e do mistake go up sef any motor wey dem go fall on top go scatter......
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by CellTabRepairs: 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nice concept car for the rich. If you're rich you can buy anything. Just make sure you don't just dream of being rich but act towards being rich.

Advice yourself if you've been idle, enjoying the excuse that "there's no job". My brother hunger never waya you. Unless the mother eagle removes those fluffy nests of comfort the baby eagle never learns to fly!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by CayanaJnr: 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=AutoReportNG post=54835669]This definitely will be a good news for Lagosians who spent hours on Lekki, 3rd Mainland, Ikorodu Road etc, as the car you are waiting for has finally berthed. For regular commuters that know the pains of peak-hour traffic, it is something of a dream.

A car that has the ability to widen its base and rise up to a height that allows it to cruise over the top of other vehicles, eliminating any need to wait in line. Look no further than the Hum Rider – a Jeep Cherokee with hydraulic lifts built into the wheelbase.

Incredible car modification from Hum Rider means you will never have to sit in traffic again

Looks too good to be true, right?

That's because it is.

The Hum Rider is the result of a cleverly planned marketing scheme for Verizon Telematic’s Hum dongle, which adds diagnostics, road-side assistance, location and speed tracking and geo-fencing to your vehicle's computer.

Designed by marketing agency Thinkmodo, the hydraulic car is designed to represent the extraordinary driving experience the Hum dongle can provide users.

"In many respects, (the Hum Rider is) a bit of a metaphor, taking the ordinary driving experience and making it extraordinary," Verizon VP of Marketing Jay Jaffin told Mashable.

"Kind of what we’re illustrating with that crazy car that drives over cars."

Created with over 300 feet of hydraulic lines, the mechanism is powered by a single gas Honda generator, driving over 400 kg of pressure through the pipes to lift the car nine feet in the air.

The Hum Rider weighs a whopping 3,800 kg - also double the weight of a standard Jeep Grand Cherokee.

While it certainly is a shame this incredible feat of engineering is no more than a one-off marketing stunt, it is probably for the best.

If these things got out onto the roads,one can only fathom the kind of multi-levelled traffic chaos that would ensue.

Source

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/see-hello-to-hum-x-car-lagosians-have.html

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIi4-gHpj8

[/This cannot work here ]
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by fashrola(m): 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
You think a sane Nigerian would allow you to drive this car over his 2016 Toyota Camry? undecided
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Naturalobserver(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nice innovation but this will cause problem eventually
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by wonlasewonimi: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
This one would kill danfo conductors that never sit.
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by luciouscookie: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
This won't work here. Dead on arrival.
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by tuto: 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
if Nigerian rats no go eat the wires of the tyres
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by 0076ix(m): 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
what if trailer dey your front?? naija traffic no get coordination at all
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by dfrost: 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
macuwon:
And as a Lagos driver, there is no way I'll allow u overtake me in traffic even with these shit. And besides buses and trucks can't go under

Oga you dey vex? cheesy angry Typical Lasgidi driver. Agidí pó
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Eldersege(m): 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
Watin grin grin : shocked
Considering the fact that Nija traffic dont queue on a straight line and with different height also.
This one no be for Nija o.
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Kenshinmunac(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ebuka2016:

so you think say anyone go allow this car pass on top im own undecided
so you think say anyone go allow this car pass on top im own

Weiten u wan do about am if u see am they pass ur car?
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by ken55: 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
I think this car can only be useful in terms of economising parking space in parking lots. This is because not all vehicles on the road are of the same height( can this car drive over a medium sized truck)and humans don't actually drive in exact straight lines. So it would be dangerous to drive over a moving car ( unless of course a stationary one)
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by thunderbabs: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Mastercard, Visa, Interswitch available here.

Order for your HumRider here.
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by uvie66: 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
How will this work, so if this man parks under top of me, u won't be able to open my door and get fresh air.
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Dareomo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
We are waiting.
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Thukzee01(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
Saw it on discovery family one time.
On One program called
thinking ..........

eh ehn Prototype This
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by yonzy(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
Go try am with mack undecided
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Ayblaize(m): 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Abi o.. .Traffic pass traffic

1 Like

Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by Collins0609(m): 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wow beautiful
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by piehorse: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
If it scratches my car I won't hear Pele oo###..lol. .cool though
Re: Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For by sfinkzslot(m): 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
enough side mirror dey go, LASMA beware

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The G-Wagon 2019 Already Spotted In Lagos / House-Boy Crashes Master's Car In Calabar (Photos) / Some Lagosians Park Their Cars At Shopping Malls Like These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.