Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,472 members, 7,801,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption (2473 Views)

Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV / My Experience Buying A Used TV / How To Properly Size Dc Cables From Solar Panels So You Dont Lose Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
FRAUD ALERT!!!
So I think it'll be a good idea for Nairaland to have a fraud section where we can inform other unsuspecting Nairalanders of fraudulent users.

My experience with Kingsley Enearu of Computer Village, with phone number 08022507053 is one hellish one.

Dude sold me a phone with faulty speakers, faulty proximity sensor and asked me to bring the phone back, leave both my money and the phone with him at computer village and he'll let me know when it's ready. Someone please refer him to this thread to clear himself

Beware of a Kingsley Guy there, Full name is Kingsley Enearu
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by JackBizzle: 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
Please supply more proof.

It will make your claim more serious and it will help others
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by ariksonconnect: 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lexmeizta:
So I think it'll be a good idea for Nairaland to have a fraud section where we can inform other unsuspecting Nairalanders of fraudulent users.

My experience with Arikson of Computer Village, with phone number 0902 483 0386 is one hellish one.

Dude sold me a phone with faulty speakers, faulty proximity sensor and asked me to bring the phone back, leave both my money and the phone with him at computer village and he'll let me know when it's ready. Someone please refer him to this thread to clear himself

Good afternoon Mr Alex,we have seen your complains about our product.we are sorry,we didn't object to refunding you since we have no other xperia Z5 available at the moment.we suggested you come weekend for your refund or we seek a solution to your complain.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
ariksonconnect:
Good afternoon Mr Alex,we have seen your complains about our product.we are sorry,we didn't object to refunding you since we have no other xperia Z5 available at the moment.we suggested you come weekend for your refund or we seek a solution to your complain.

And I'm to believe that in a shop of more than 5 guys who deal on gadgets, a refund of 90k is an issue? Do you even consider where I'm coming from? Do you consider the stress? Who exactly is a child that'll listen to these jokes and excuses?
You suggested I drop both the defective phone and allow you time to work on getting me a refund, between about 3pm yesterday and 10am today you say you don't have the money I paid anymore, who are you kidding?
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
Watch this thread folks, receipts and detailed breakdown of what transpired to follow.
Deal with Kingsley Enearu, 08022507053 at your own risk, triple check whatever devices you're getting from them and more importantly, be careful of Kingsley Enearu with account number 2032972573, UBA

1 Like

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by chijohn42k2(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
u no get soldier, dem go refund u sharp sharp.

1 Like

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by loadedvibes: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ghen Ghen
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
chijohn42k2:
u no get soldier, dem go refund u sharp sharp.
As much as I'd have loved to, I barely have the time to even follow up on the issue because of work schedule. However, I'm sure one day they'll pull this on the wrong person. Even after explaining to them, the best suggestion they could come up with is "drop both phone and money" we'll work on getting you a refund, like I dunno how that'll play out.
The alleged Kingsley who had the phone and someone helped him sell it came up to me and said "even if the phone is bad, I should manage it like that and that it's not a big deal, as a guy I should manage it like that" see rubbish talk
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by chijohn42k2(m): 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lexmeizta:

As much as I'd have loved to, I barely have the time to even follow up on the issue because of work schedule. However, I'm sure one day they'll pull this on the wrong person. Even after explaining to them, the best suggestion they could come up with is "drop both phone and money" we'll work on getting you a refund, like I dunno how that'll play out.
The alleged Kingsley who had the phone and someone helped him sell it came up to me and said "even if the phone is bad, I should manage it like that and that it's not a big deal, as a guy I should manage it like that" see rubbish talk

that is d best advice I can give.I usually go to computer village back den,I ave never experience such thing,but I know what they can do at d back of my mind.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
chijohn42k2:

that is d best advice I can give.I usually go to computer village back den,I ave never experience such thing,but I know what they can do at d back of my mind.

Had it been the issue wasn't known prior to selling the device, fine. But they admitted to knowing, so why wasn't it fixed? Why wasn't I informed? Then another dumb argument made was that the phone goes for 110 but I got it for 90(original price quoted was 100) and that I should have known something was wrong with it that's why they agreed?
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by chijohn42k2(m): 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lexmeizta:

Had it been the issue wasn't known prior to selling the device, fine. But they admitted to knowing, so why wasn't it fixed? Why wasn't I informed? Then another dumb argument made was that the phone goes for 110 but I got it for 90(original price quoted was 100) and that I should have known something was wrong with it that's why they agreed?
Still waiting on Oga Arikson to clear himself or point out any false claims from my side

I still prefer gsm village Dan cp because computer village are over crowded,if u really want ur money back hire a soldier show dem d receipt.4 me I ave a friend as soldier and a provost in army barrack.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Loneley: 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lol.

The name Kingsley Enearu caught my attention.

Any chance he's of average height and fairly good looking?

Used to know a guy with the exact name back in school

Lexmeizta:

My experience with Arikson of Computer Village, with phone number 0902 483 0386 is one hellish one.

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by siempere(m): 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
Refund this guy his Money....Mr.Arikson
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by shugarush92(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
oga arikson person go hustle get money....fellows go just dey just to scam them off such hard earned money...is it fair? God is watching us all angry angry
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Loneley:
Lol.

The name Kingsley Enearu caught my attention.

Any chance he's of average height and fairly good looking?

Used to know a guy with the exact name back in school

Yep! That's him. The guy was telling me to manage the phone like that even though it's faulty and that I am a guy and I should understand. Apparently phone belonged to him and Arikson sold on his behalf, the whole time I was dealing with Arikson, he sat there and didn't mutter a word, when The account number Arikson gave to me resolved to a different name on my mobile app, they decided that I should pay to Kingsley's account which I did, he received, and a receipt was issued, they didn't want to write the 1 week warranty, thank goodness I insisted.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
shugarush92:
oga arikson person go hustle get money....fellows go just dey just to scam them off such hard earned money...is it fair? God is watching us all angry angry
I don't even get it, all of us hustling and one person's hustle is to take another man's own..God dey
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
siempere:
Refund this guy his Money....Mr.Arikson
Help me beg him my brother, help me
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
chijohn42k2:

I still prefer gsm village Dan cp because computer village are over crowded,if u really want ur money back hire a soldier show dem d receipt.4 me I ave a friend as soldier and a provost in army barrack.
Seriously considering the option right now sef. Maybe then they'll learn to be legitimate in their dealings.
Would write more of the funny excuses and arguments I heard today, I was awed!
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by omoskenso(m): 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
This is serious ooo sad sad... Someone coughed out 90k in dis buharicession and u say he shud hv known dere was a fault like say d guy na magician. Oga u feel 90k easy abi. Mr Alex i feel it has gotten 2 d point u hv 2 apply force!! ! Find a newly recruited soldier man
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by ariksonconnect: 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
omoskenso:
This is serious ooo sad sad... Someone coughed out 90k in dis buharicession and u say he shud hv known dere was a fault like say d guy na magician. Oga u feel 90k easy abi. Mr Alex i feel it has gotten 2 d point u hv 2 apply force!! ! Find a newly recruited soldier man
The above comment by Mr Alex wasn't made by Arikson.
Truthfully he bought a device from our store and unfortunately the device has a defect;which i didnt know of. Agreed to refund him is initial payment by Friday or weekend if he can't make it during week day;or he should take another device similar to the xperia Z5 but he also objected,guess he wasn't satisfied with coming on Friday or weekend so he reacted by writing on Nairaland.
NOTE:I DIDNT OBJECT TO REFUND HIM,GIVE HIM A SIMILAR DEVICE OR GET HIM ANOTHER XPERIA Z5,ONLY TOLD HIM TO COME ON FRIDAY OR WEEKEND, IF HE WON'T BE AVAILABLE DURING THE WEEK.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
omoskenso:

The amount of excuses alone is what baffled me.
The most painful part being immediately I returned there the following day, the owner of the shop I presume came clean and in his words "hope they gave you the phone for a reduced price because they know the speaker and the sensor aren't working hence the price reduction."

UPDATE: Enearu Kingsley who claimed not to have a refund (citing that he used the money I paid him to collect "goods"wink called me last night and was bargaining to buy an iPhone 7,128GB from me.

I've decided to fix the phone and use it, but for future purposes, deal with these guys at your own risk. Don't get played like I did.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
ariksonconnect:
The above comment by Mr Alex wasn't made by Arikson.
Truthfully he bought a device from our store and unfortunately the device has a defect;which i didnt know of. Agreed to refund him is initial payment by Friday or weekend if he can't make it during week day;or he should take another device similar to the xperia Z5 but he also objected,guess he wasn't satisfied with coming on Friday or weekend so he reacted by writing on Nairaland.
NOTE:I DIDNT OBJECT TO REFUND HIM,GIVE HIM A SIMILAR DEVICE OR GET HIM ANOTHER XPERIA Z5,ONLY TOLD HIM TO COME ON FRIDAY OR WEEKEND, IF HE WON'T BE AVAILABLE DURING THE WEEK.

But you recollect that your good friend and colleague who you allegedly sold the phone for, Enearu Kingsley made this comment severally and I even got irritated by it I refused to honor him with a reply, True or false?
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by vitality22(m): 3:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
Let me quickly take note of that company and inform my friends ooooo. @OP you should have given us the shop number of Arikson so that we will take note and run as my legs can carry me if i mistakenly reach his shop. I have taken note of the shop though.
Lexmeizta:

The amount of excuses alone is what baffled me.
The most painful part being immediately I returned there the following day, the owner of the shop I presume came clean and in his words "hope they gave you the phone for a reduced price because they know the speaker and the sensor aren't working hence the price reduction."

UPDATE: Enearu Kingsley who claimed not to have a refund (citing that he used the money I paid him to collect "goods"wink called me last night and was bargaining to buy an iPhone 7,128GB from me.

I've decided to fix the phone and use it, but for future purposes, deal with these guys at your own risk. Don't get played like I did.
[b][/b]
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 4:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
vitality22:
Let me quickly take note of that company and inform my friends ooooo. @OP you should have given us the shop number of Arikson so that we will take note and run as my legs can carry me if i mistakenly reach his shop. I have taken note of the shop though. [b][/b]

Attached is a receipt from the shop. Name is Dialer Communications, No. 8b/11 Otigba Street, Opposite Micro Station.
Any dealings should be done carefully, examine whatever you get extremely well before leaving as getting a refund or a deal that covers your discomfort is near impossible.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
More proof.
Enearu Kingsley who claimed to be the original owner of the phone admitted that the screen was replaced and the fixing of sensors was an option which he declined (for reasons best known to him even though the sensors don't cost much)

Greenish color on the screen which I don't really mind.

Pending when I'm able to fix these sensors, there is no auto brightness which means I can't use the phone outside except in a closed room,also, I have to put the phone a couple of inches away so I don't press other buttons whilst I receive a call. These two things might seem overrated but try using your phone for a whole day without these features and you'd feel the pain

Both thanks to Kingsley's genius idea of not fixing sensors and saying "as a guy, you suppose understand, you fit manage the phone, na women all these things dey disturb"

1 Share

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Abudu2000(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hehehe, the way some nairalanders dey exclame fraud alert can make me laff, when i finally click the thread,na phone, hohoho

If you dey where yahoo boys dey spend for club na thief alert u go write
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
Abudu2000:
Hehehe, the way some nairalanders dey exclame fraud alert can make me laff, when i finally click the thread,na phone, hohoho

If you dey where yahoo boys dey spend for club na thief alert u go write

lol, its all fraud, different levels but still fraud. Na clap them dey take enter dance, person wey do phone own today na him go do internet own tomorrow, baby steps you know.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by ariksonconnect: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lexmeizta:

lol, its all fraud, different levels but still fraud. Na clap them dey take enter dance, person wey do phone own today na him go do internet own tomorrow, baby steps you know.
Good evening Alex,the above person stated who called you or own the device isn't Mr Arikson it's KINGSLY ENAERU(DIALER COMMUNICATIONS) https://www.facebook.com/humblekiss. kindly specific for clarity please.
Thanks
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
ariksonconnect:
Good evening Alex,the above person stated who called you or own the device isn't Mr Arikson it's KINGSLY ENAERU(DIALER COMMUNICATIONS) https://www.facebook.com/humblekiss. kindly specific for clarity please.
Thanks

He owns the phone, you sold it for him (to me), you told a couple of lies on his behalf, you issued the receipt, you wanted to use your account to collect the money but a different name came up when I tried resolving the account number you gave me(hence I sent money to Kingsley directly)the whole while you didn't mention the phone was for him even though he was sitting right there with us, even after fixing the speaker, you left the sensors(not knowing they could be fixed, else you'd have had them fixed too) this you openly agreed to me on phone today. The way I see it, you two are in cahoots and expected this would be swept under the carpet,
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by thegame(m): 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lexmeizta:

lol, its all fraud, different levels but still fraud. Na clap them dey take enter dance.

Lol, defrauded but still has his sense of humor. Lmao. Na clap dem dey take enter dance abi? Okay we hear you

Sorry about your phone tho. This is one reason I will never enter any shop in CV and buy a UK used phone or whatever. I never pray to even risk being that unlucky. It's brand new anytime I enter CV and even from trusted big shops. These U.K. Used people are all liars. Cos some don't even know what they are selling. They are just looking for the next lucky/unlucky victim, not customer

The other day, on this same NL, one said he sells laptops as imported, dumbtalk. The unlucky Buyer got home and discovered laptop doesn't charge beyond a particular percentage/mark.

I will advise you just change the phone and move on and NEVER patronize such people again.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by ariksonconnect: 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lexmeizta:

He owns the phone, you sold it for him (to me), you told a couple of lies on his behalf, you issued the receipt, you wanted to use your account to collect the money but a different name came up when I tried resolving the account number you gave me(hence I sent money to Kingsley directly)the whole while you didn't mention the phone was for him even though he was sitting right there with us, even after fixing the speaker, you left the sensors(not knowing they could be fixed, else you'd have had them fixed too) this you openly agreed to me on phone today. The way I see it, you two are in cahoots and expected this would be swept under the carpet,
No Blame game here Mr Alex;That's the fact,I personally agreed to a refund on Friday or Weekend as the phone was sold though me or a replacement yesterday and you objected;unknowing to the defect the deviceyou purchased earlier had.Its an office there's no way one will run away with your intial Payment to Enaeru Kingsly.Not you making it seem like you were defrauded by Arikson.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 5:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
thegame:

Lol, defrauded but still has his sense of humor. Lmao. Na clap dem dey take enter dance abi? Okay we hear you

Sorry about your phone tho. This is one reason I will never enter any shop in CV and buy a UK used phone or whatever. I never pray to even risk being that unlucky. It's brand new anytime I enter CV and even from trusted big shops. These U.K. Used people are all liars. Cos some don't even know what they are selling. They are just looking for the next lucky/unlucky victim, not customer

The other day, on this same NL, one said he sells laptops as imported, dumbtalk. The unlucky Buyer got home and discovered laptop doesn't charge beyond a particular percentage/mark.

I will advise you just change the phone and move on and NEVER patronize such people again.

Chief Chief! Lemme sef be like you, so i'd get brand new each time. On the plus side, one or two people will see this and be saved. Just imagine I had taken money from someone and bought this phone for the person? I'm sure someone might have been saved by reading this post, On a greater note, I've met quite a number of helpful Nairalanders here and truly y'all are awesome. The support alone is overwhelming, I'm sure if we have each others back like this everyday only good things can happen in this country.

Thanks to everyone who contributed on this matter, might have lost some money but what I feel right now is way greater than the money lost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customer Service For Valem Phantom S / Apple Iphone SE 16GB Space Gray - 30k -sold / Sold!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.