Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,550 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Margaret Utsunung Donates Borehole, Chairs To Community [PHOTOS] - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Margaret Utsunung Donates Borehole, Chairs To Community [PHOTOS] (410 Views)

Corps Member Donates ₦1.2m Borehole To Community In Sokoto / Osun NYSC Donates Wheel Chairs To Physically Challenged Persons / Female Corper Donates Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Margaret Utsunung Donates Borehole, Chairs To Community [PHOTOS] by Parkerthrillz(m): 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
...As Physical Challenged Persons Benefit From Skill Acquisition Programme

By Prince Bassey Jnr, UYO

Worried by the unhygienic condition of Itam Market occasioned by the unavailability of portable water, a Youth Corp member serving in Akwa Ibom State, Miss Margaret Ugbe Utsunung, Tuesday, shocked her contemporaries by donating a borehole constructed by her as part of her Community Development Service to the popular market.

Not satisfied, Miss Utsunung also donated 50 Chairs to St. Joseph Primary School and 20 chairs to St. Joseph Nursery School, Afaha Oku in Uyo Local Government Area of the state.

Furthermore, the Business Education graduate of Cross River University of Technology also facilitated a Skill Acquisition scheme for 50 physically challenged youths on paint making, baking, Agro allied, beads and wire works, make up, cosmetology in the community.

Speaking during the inauguration of the projects, the Akwa Ibom State NYSC Coordinator, Mr. Cyril Akhaneme expressed satisfaction in the projects and solicited for support and cooperation from the host communities to Corp Members serving in the state.

"The NYSC is full of young men and women who are capable of churning out ideas and projects that will impact on the lives of the people of the community they're serving.

"I'm not surprised that our Corp Members are beginning to make impact in Akwa Ibom State. Yesterday, I was at Ikot Ekpene Local Government to commission projects executed by Corp members. Today, I will also be heading to a community in Itu Local Government to commission another set of projects all executed by Corp members serving in that community.

"We've always told our Corp members to identify the pressing needs of the community before embarking on any project. I also want to say that no Corp member can embark on any project without the support of the community. This project is your own, protect it from abuse and vandalization", Mr Akhaneme echoed.

Earlier, Miss Utsunung, a native of Obudu Local Government Area of Cross River State had said she was motivated by her educational attainment as a female child to make a difference. She also stated that serving as a Corp member in the state afforded her the opportunity to have access to many well meaning individuals which according to her was an advantage to accomplish her goals and make her dream a reality.

"The need to put smiles on the faces of the people in my immediate community motivated me a lot. I had to make good use of the privilege as an educated girl child to make a difference. I knew that the Youth Service Scheme if properly put to use would give me access to many offices, so I took advantage of that to make my dream a reality.

“Itam market had no portable water for over 10 years, the Itam Water project was an idea that was born from the desire to give people water in order to promote proper hygiene at the market and promote good sanitary condition. I want to use this medium to appeal to the market union to please secure and protect this project”, the visibly elated Corp member maintained.

Recounting the challenges faced during the execution of the projects, Utsunung said the main limitations were the unavailability of funds which she attributed to the economic recession currently confronting the nation as well as the difficulty in convincing people to believe in her dream.

She also used the opportunity to express her profound gratitude to those who supported her throughout the execution of the projects especially Members of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Commissioners, Uyo and Itu Local Government Councils, Traditional Chiefs, Market Union, as well as public spirited individuals in the state.

SEE MORE PHOTOS HERE >> www.ibomreporters.com/margaret-utsunung-donates-borehole-chairs-to-community

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Am Yet To Have My JAMB Number Regularized / Ibadan Residents Only / Rivers State Corpers Here We Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.