Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? (38997 Views)

Help:- This Happening To my Laps After Sex with my Boyfriend [picture] / Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! / Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
So what exactly is a maga? Also I feel like I was in such a deep spell that I'm starting to come out of but not yet fully there. I feel like my life is a movie right now. You know those situations where your like "that will never happen to me" because I knew better. I'm not naive. If someone else was telling me this same story I'd think they were stupid too. None of it seems real to me. But it is. All of this really happened. I'm not making it up I really am in the states, Chicago to be exact. I wish there was something I could do but I have no proof. I don't even know where he's staying right now.

1 Like

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 23, 2017
liquidmetall:

Let me tell you the sincere truth , girls don't love faithful men
They love bad guys like in your own case
If that guy were to be faithful 100% ,you won't value him

That is not at all true. Had I know what he was up to I would've NEVER dealt with him. I fell in love with him because he was the exact opposite of your typical "bad guy" but once I found out what he was really up to I was already in love and I wanted to help him. I wanted better for him and I wanted him to change. So I supported him against my better judgement.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Lexusgs430: 12:05am On Mar 23, 2017
Anonymous1234:
I want to start this post by saying PLEASE do not judge my situation. (I'll try to be brief. Please ask questions if you have any)

So almost 2 years ago I met a guy online. He was from Nigeria but he was here in the states. No green card. He had a job but lost it later in our relationship. Super sweet. Very attentive. We hit it off immediately, talked and text on the phone all day everyday for about a month.

Then out of the blue he starts acting shady then I came to find out he had a girlfriend. We stopped talking for maybe 2 weeks but started back up again as friends (he told me that he wasn't with her anymore, I believed him) and eventually we became "exclusive" we moved in together.

Since we've been together he has cheated on me several times with multiple different women. I would find him on dating sites messaging women I've found Facebook messages, if messages, text messages. Most of them the women never responded to. Some of them did. Some of them he revealed his real name to and some he gave a fake name. Every time I would out information he would apologize cry, beg, plead for me to forgive him and take him back and I did every time.

I later found out that he was a scammer. He pretended to be other people online. Sometimes men sometimes women to get them to send him money. He would scam people on eBay making up fake PayPal invoices and taking the product and never giving them the money for it.

His friends also have taken people's credit cards and swiped them. He somehow got a hold of people's bank info etc. (I've now come to understand this to be 419 scamming) I never saw any of the money, meanwhile I was working and taking care of us.

Whenever we went out I paid for everything. Vacations. Birthdays. Literally everything. He never pressured me to marry him or asked me for large sums of money. He would ask for money for his bus card or phone bill. Small things like that. I loved him. I supported him. I wanted to help him. I wanted him to do better and be better. I wanted him to change so badly but he never did.

Cut to 2 months ago. I find out he's been cheating again. And in my house. I kick him out, we break up. He's apologizing he's crying he seems genuinely sorry promises to change the whole bit..

The minute I have him another chance he flipped the script. Started acting shady. Was telling me one thing and doing the complete opposite. He would tell me he still loves me and still wants to be with me etc.

cut to 2 days ago I find out on Snapchat that he's in a new relationship and "in love" and taking trips with this girl.

Mind you just last week he wanted to still work things out with me. I'm completely over it now. My question is was I apart of the scam? Or was this just a typical case of dealing with an unfaithful man? I knew he was a scammer. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't but for whatever reasons I never thought he would scam me.

You were/are simply a convenience......... And when he is done with you, he would dump you like a badly soiled tissue. ..
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Leebeedo(m): 12:06am On Mar 23, 2017
Pls don't ask me a stupid question abeg. He wasn't scamming you, he was just sperming you.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 23, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You were/are simply a convenience......... And when he is done with you, he would dump you like a badly soiled tissue. ..

He's already on to his next victim and I feel so bad for her. She has no idea what she's getting into.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 23, 2017
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Lexusgs430: 1:44am On Mar 23, 2017
Anonymous1234:

He's already on to his next victim and I feel so bad for her. She has no idea what she's getting into.

He is a scavenger. He would simply keep scavenging and preying on innocent ladies.
Take him as a bad experience and dump the experience in the bin of never to be opened again.. ......
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 23, 2017
Anonymous1234:

We are no longer together. And I am going to keep it that way

God Bless your soul You desire better, search for what you long for
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 23, 2017
Anonymous1234:
I want to start this post by saying PLEASE do not judge my situation. (I'll try to be brief. Please ask questions if you have any)

So almost 2 years ago I met a guy online. He was from Nigeria but he was here in the states. No green card. ........

Yes, and I don't even have to continue reading your novel.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 23, 2017
Anonymous1234:
So what exactly is a maga? Also I feel like I was in such a deep spell that I'm starting to come out of but not yet fully there. I feel like my life is a movie right now. You know those situations where your like "that will never happen to me" because I knew better. I'm not naive. If someone else was telling me this same story I'd think they were stupid too. None of it seems real to me. But it is. All of this really happened. I'm not making it up I really am in the states, Chicago to be exact. I wish there was something I could do but I have no proof. I don't even know where he's staying right now.

You're still roped in.

Flee with wild abandon and don;t look back. Change your number, email address. I mean carve him and any faint resemblance of him out of your life like a diseased fruit.

Some people come into our life for a specific purpose and specific time. We need to realize and accept when it's time for them to vamoose, either on their own accord or by divine intervention. Just imagine if you were pregnant for this specimen or have a mortgage?
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Adebowale89(m): 3:26am On Mar 23, 2017
op, he scammed you but you scammed your heart too because your mind would have been telling u to end the relationship with him but you are adamant

the only thing u guys need is to open scamming shop and continue enjoying your scamming companionship

good luck
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Rayton(m): 5:24am On Mar 23, 2017
Mail me let's talk I will explain to u all Dat happened.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Rayton(m): 5:25am On Mar 23, 2017
Mail me let's talk I will explain to u all Dat happened. Chazereel@gmail.com and about yahoo boys
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by hokafor(m): 5:27am On Mar 23, 2017
But the signs are clearly written . What other advice do you need ?
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by hysteriabox(m): 5:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Anonymous1234:

So almost 2 years ago I met a guy online. He was from Nigeria but he was here in the states. No green card. He had a job but lost it later in our relationship. Super sweet. Very attentive. We hit it off immediately, talked and text on the phone all day everyday for about a month.

Then out of the blue he starts acting shady then I came to find out he had a girlfriend. We stopped talking for maybe 2 weeks but started back up again as friends (he told me that he wasn't with her anymore, I believed him) and eventually we became "exclusive" we moved in together.

Since we've been together he has cheated on me several times with multiple different women. I would find him on dating sites messaging women I've found Facebook messages, if messages, text messages. Most of them the women never responded to. Some of them did. Some of them he revealed his real name to and some he gave a fake name. Every time I would out information he would apologize cry, beg, plead for me to forgive him and take him back and I did every time.

I later found out that he was a scammer. He pretended to be other people online. Sometimes men sometimes women to get them to send him money. He would scam people on eBay making up fake PayPal invoices and taking the product and never giving them the money for it.

His friends also have taken people's credit cards and swiped them. He somehow got a hold of people's bank info etc. (I've now come to understand this to be 419 scamming) I never saw any of the money, meanwhile I was working and taking care of us.

Whenever we went out I paid for everything. Vacations. Birthdays. Literally everything. He never pressured me to marry him or asked me for large sums of money. He would ask for money for his bus card or phone bill. Small things like that. I loved him. I supported him. I wanted to help him. I wanted him to do better and be better. I wanted him to change so badly but he never did.

Cut to 2 months ago. I find out he's been cheating again. And in my house. I kick him out, we break up. He's apologizing he's crying he seems genuinely sorry promises to change the whole bit..

The minute I have him another chance he flipped the script. Started acting shady. Was telling me one thing and doing the complete opposite. He would tell me he still loves me and still wants to be with me etc.

cut to 2 days ago I find out on Snapchat that he's in a new relationship and "in love" and taking trips with this girl.

Mind you just last week he wanted to still work things out with me. I'm completely over it now. My question is was I apart of the scam? Or was this just a typical case of dealing with an unfaithful man? I knew he was a scammer. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't but for whatever reasons I never thought he would scam me.

Hmmm.
Love, they say , is blind. Well I disagree. I believe most people pluck out its eyes cos they prefer it blind
Lemme get this straight
1. You camp a serial cheater and somehow, you feel he's gonna change?
2. You find out he scams people online, but you chose to cover him instead of calling the police?
3. You pay all the bills, cos you love him, now you want to know if your being scammed?

Jesuu!
It's clearly a case of dumb and dumber- no offence love grin
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 23, 2017
northvietnam:

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Stupid bitches..

u will be friend zoning Decent guys around you and u want to Date C Ronaldo's twin online..

God will punish all of u one by one

Jesus, see painment. Person friendzone you ni?
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Gkay1(m): 5:51am On Mar 23, 2017
I'm sorry to say this, U are a senseless somebody. the reasons are
he is a scammer and u know very well but u are begging him to stop but he refuse to.
he is a cheater and u know very well and u are still there begging him to stop.
your problem is, u loved the guy more than your life and you can't think in the right way again.
the day police will arrest him, my dear, ready to go to jail with him.
if u cannot leave him now then prison will help u.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 23, 2017
From your posts I guess you've spent all your life in the states.

Well, a 'yahoo boy' is the 'proper' name for what I would call fraudman, just like this your guy. But their domain of operation is usually the internet. The name goes way back to when yahoo chat rooms were in vogue. I was part of the first generation of yahoo chat room users, though I was very young then.

Yours is a story of a romance scam and you're in for a long con. He may not ask you for something big right now, but trust me, he's positioning you for something greater that you know.

And don't naively think you're done with it by kicking him out. You need to enlighten yourself more

Anyway to cut a long story short, read here [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam[\url].

Anonymous1234:

What are yahoo boys?
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Alphyno: 6:39am On Mar 23, 2017
So, what do you expect us to do now sad
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 23, 2017
You are dating a yahoo boy, report him to the FBI, else you will find yourself in county jail with him one day.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 23, 2017
Anonymous1234:

You are dating a yahoo boy, report him to the FBI, else you will find yourself in county jail with him one day.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by moriss33(m): 7:33am On Mar 23, 2017
northvietnam:
OK I didn't read before I Comment..
I have gone through ya write up and I want to advise u now...

Men don't like possessive women...

If he's a scammer, which obviously he is..
try and get him a decent job.. that will occupy his time..

lady don't you know he has a family in Nigeria to take care of
and he can't do that from the peanut he gets from you.

if u love him, support his Scamming ministry..
but always advise him with love and respect...

Most G boys in naija and Malay.. their girl friends gives them that support they need
go to South Africa, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indo, their ladies even go to jail cuz they are dating Nigerian Drug pushers... and they know but will hardly snitch on the nigga or bad mouth him...

I know of a guy that spent so much money just to get his Vietnam girl friend out of jail..
cuz he said the girl was too supportive...

She's in Lagos now with two kids, yes a Vietnamese...

it got to a point in my life and I stopped going to church...
My girl begged me like for ever to start going to church... now na me dey wake her up every Sunday... after ironing her clothes Oooo...

I know of a guy that stopped smoking cuz any time he lights a cigarette, the girl will also light hers... if he stops, the girl will also stop..

she said any day I catch you smoke, I will light my own and smoke too..
the nigga no longer smokes again..

my point is

support him no matter what, with time he will change
Ma broda.... thank you o'jare
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by yale001(f): 7:34am On Mar 23, 2017
Sorry about the whole thing..I can be there for you and be faithful.... Forget about internet dating.. I am good to take care of you...Drop your phone contact for me in my mail, and I will get back to you.. (a.afolabi10@yahoo.com)
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by victorjoe(m): 7:38am On Mar 23, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
Give me his info, he'll will be very useful

Na them, he wants to connect. I sight u. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by victorjoe(m): 7:41am On Mar 23, 2017
northvietnam:
OK I didn't read before I Comment..
I have gone through ya write up and I want to advise u now...

Men don't like possessive women...

If he's a scammer, which obviously he is..
try and get him a decent job.. that will occupy his time..

lady don't you know he has a family in Nigeria to take care of
and he can't do that from the peanut he gets from you.

if u love him, support his Scamming ministry..
but always advise him with love and respect...

Most G boys in naija and Malay.. their girl friends gives them that support they need
go to South Africa, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indo, their ladies even go to jail cuz they are dating Nigerian Drug pushers... and they know but will hardly snitch on the nigga or bad mouth him...

I know of a guy that spent so much money just to get his Vietnam girl friend out of jail..
cuz he said the girl was too supportive...

She's in Lagos now with two kids, yes a Vietnamese...

it got to a point in my life and I stopped going to church...
My girl begged me like for ever to start going to church... now na me dey wake her up every Sunday... after ironing her clothes Oooo...

I know of a guy that stopped smoking cuz any time he lights a cigarette, the girl will also light hers... if he stops, the girl will also stop..

she said any day I catch you smoke, I will light my own and smoke too..
the nigga no longer smokes again..

my point is

support him no matter what, with time he will change

This advice is a mixture of good and bad.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:50am On Mar 23, 2017
victorjoe:

Na them, he wants to connect. I sight u. grin grin grin
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by inthack: 7:51am On Mar 23, 2017
I understand your pain dear.... Like what you said, he loves you for real and he is not scamming you.... He feel very close and open to you.... He wants you to know what he is doing so you could support him. Trust me, nothing goes forever.... If you truly love him, prove the love here and I am so sure he would change..... It's because you know him, that's why you know his secret, others do that too and their woman keep it... It's never a new thing..... He would change with time...... Your advice and sincerity is playing a role... You just can't see it yet.... Pleas stick to him and give him more time.... He would change...... We may not immediately yield to an advice but trust me... It plays a role in our life.....
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Yteflon(m): 7:54am On Mar 23, 2017
Pebcak:

If you are truly in US like you claim and you live together and he's into fraud then i can bet you ll have questions to answer whenever he's picked up especially if he's dumb enough to use your address for some transaction. When you commit fraud in the US because nobody is talking does not mean they don't know, they building your criminal record file, and waiting for tons of evidence to get you nailed also there is always a bigger thieve they are after but when that that come they pick him up with a big pile of paper work and you ll be roped in though if you convince them good enuf the DA can offer you a deal to go free if you agree to testify. Right now you have all reasons to get away and get away fast if need be go to the nearest police station and get a restraining order case close. Thank me later
I was just thinking of this... you are damn right... anonymous1234 go to the nearest police station and get a restraining order....
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Yteflon(m): 7:55am On Mar 23, 2017
Anonymous1234:

i sent you a mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Ways To Keep A Boring Relationship Alive / Layefa Beauty: I Was Sexually Harassed By A Lecturer, A Reverend (Video) / My Pre-wedding Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.