Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members (19784 Views)

Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri / Buhari Appoints 3 Dead Men As Board Members: Francis Okpozo, Christopher Utov / Osinbajo Inaugurates Board Of Sovereign Investment Authority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Factfinder1(m): 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nigeria’s leader President Muhammadu Buhari has made fresh appointments just over a week after returning from vacation in the United Kingdom.

President Buhari approves appointments of sovereign wealth agency board members
President Buhari has approved appointments of those that will manage Nigeria's investments and save for the future of the country
The president approved the list of nominees into the reconstituted board of directors of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority, Premium Times reports.

The approval was announced by the agency on Wednesday, March 22 in a statement in Abuja.

It said the list had earlier been approved by its Governing Council.

The National Economic Council, NEC, during its last meeting received the list of nominees.

The list of the new Board nominees includes:

1. Olajide Zeitlin (South West) – Chairman

2. Bello Maccido (North West)

3. Lois Laraba Machunga-Disu (North Central)

4. Urum Kalu Eke, (South East)

5. Halima Buba (North-East)

6. Asue Ighodalo (South-South)

The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority is a federal government-owned investment agency which was established to manage the fund set aside for investments in real and financial asset in strategic sectors of the economy.

Meanwhile, President Buhari has expressed concern over the menace of examination malpractices and fake certificates in the country.

The president also condemned the spate at which public servants and individuals of questionable wealth were being celebrated with alumni recognitions, honorary degrees, chieftaincy titles and sometimes higher religious titles.

http://ogashub.com.ng/president-buhari-approves-appointments-of-sovereign-wealth-agency-board-members/

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
Raba Daidai

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by DozieInc(m): 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ok.
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Factfinder1:
Nigeria’s leader President Muhammadu Buhari has made fresh appointments just over a week after returning from vacation in the United Kingdom.

OK

Factfinder1:
President Buhari approves appointments of sovereign wealth agency board members

Got it

Factfinder1:
President Buhari has approved appointments of those that will manage Nigeria's investments and save for the future of the country

Yes, I heard you!

Factfinder1:
The president also condemned the spate at which public servants and individuals of questionable wealth were being celebrated with alumni recognitions, honorary degrees, chieftaincy titles and sometimes higher religious titles.

Of course...
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by finalboss(m): 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
nice grin
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
grin

Bubu got me at Examination Malpractice and Fake Certificates even Bubu dey throw shade...Baba the Baba!

But seriously Dino, Baba just went @efccng on you son...

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by oviejnr(m): 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
Well, at first i booked a space with O. Yes i did, cos as much as i want to fall for this trick something tells me "NO". Oh! I see the User above me have something to say!! grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by AngelicBeing: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
Seems to be a balanced appointment wink

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by toxxnoni(m): 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
ok

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by seunlly(m): 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
And then
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by cocaineaddict(m): 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
G
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by sakalisis(m): 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ok
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by olujastro: 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Good step.
It's time to save for the future while progressing with massive infrastructural development across the entire country.
With a prudent and far less corrupt govt at the helm of affairs now, never again are we going to experience depleted reserves due to massive looting of our earned dollars like the time of the ineffectual buffoon which exposed our economy to a deep mess.
When I visited the Oil museum in Norway last year, they had saved a whopping $880b in their SWF from oil alone for future unborn generations.
Like I always say, Nigeria has just started afresh in 2015. Slowly but surely, we'll build the Nigeria of my dreams. The most important thing to me right now is that our money isn't being looted like before.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
That's good. It requires the collective will of every Nigerian for our dear country, Nigeria to survive. All the best to the appointees because to whom much is given, much is expected.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Bizibi(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
This govt is really slow,we should not be seeing or hearing appointment now,we are all waiting fr action.

We re in march and we are gradually approaching the middle of 20l7

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by REIIGN(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
" Meanwhile, President Buhari has expressed
concern over the menace of examination
malpractices and fake certificates in the country.

The president also condemned the spate at which public servants and individuals of questionable wealth were being celebrated with alumni recognitions, honorary degrees, chieftaincy titles and sometimes higher religious titles. "

LOL, Buhari just threw a shade at Dino gringrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by oshe11: 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
She wore that kind of dress that convinces you that heaven is missing an angel. The fragrance of her perfume would easily finish a bowl of eba for its sweetness. And the phone which she gingerly held to her ear, without minding the security guy that was waving frantically at her that calls are not allowed in banking halls, will cost a small fortune. She stepped forward, picked a deposit slip and searched frantically for a pen. About five guys offered her their pens but she took mine, maybe because I was closest to her. After a while, or a long while because time stood still, she stood up and inched closer to me. I was sweating like a pregnant fish and huffing and puffing like a Monitor lizard. She whispered, "Please can you spell 'thirty' for me?" I looked down at her deposit slip in surprise. She had written, 'Tarty Tausan'! blood of amadioha

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by lordTK(m): 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
Let Buhari show his Waec certificate. SHIKENA!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
Some people will say, why is NORTH having 3 slot na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by 2el(m): 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Bloated public service, a function that was suppose to be assigned to the finance ministry instead we choose to create a new agency for it...

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Sibe007(m): 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
It doesnt readlly add up

PMB and Certificates, Degrees, Malpractices

hmmmm

Seems someone wrote all those stuff. Well that's what he has them aides for.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by FBIL: 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
Release other board appointments to strengthen the economy. Your speed is called snail-speed...walahi fa!
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by emi14: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
No news about Stephanie otobo. Maybe she travelled back to for all night crusade against lies.
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
Finally, someone gets the message.

This is a good step, now he needs to set up a neutral National Development Board, with lifetime memberships with a blueprint on Nigeria's development with strategic timeline and goals on a solid framework.

That is how to build a country.
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by iambijo(m): 11:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
Sultan Bello maccido next?
Re: President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members by jericco1(m): 1:43am On Mar 23, 2017
Hope they don't equally save for themselves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Youths Query Ojudu, Omirin Over Fayose’s Impeachment, Election Funds / Akwa Ibom Group Protests Against New Lagos Lodge (Photos) / Every Nigerian Wants To Take Pictures With Me – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.