Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Help!!! I Lost My Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help!!! I Lost My Passport (883 Views)

Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / German Embassy Seized My Passport Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Ichel: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
I lost my international passport, I don't know if I should report to police or NIS.
I have a scanned copy of it.
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by worry357: 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ichel:
I lost my international passport, I don't know if I should report to police or NIS.
I have a scanned copy of it.
You must report it to the police and if possible get a record of the report. Then you need to start getting a new one.
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Ichel: 8:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
worry357:

You must report it to the police and if possible get a record of the report. Then you need to start getting a new one.
Thanks.
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Nairaboi(m): 12:56am On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=Ichel post=54844432]I lost my international passport, I don't know if I should report to police or NIS.
I have a scanned copy of it.[/quote
get a police report which should include the passport number, get a court affidavit with same information. then come to Abuja to process your lost E-passport
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Ichel: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=Nairaboi post=54853828][/quote] Why Abuja? Can't it be processed at other NIS office?
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Nairaboi(m): 8:59am On Mar 23, 2017
Ichel:

Why Abuja? Can't it be processed at other NIS office?
Lost, Damage and change of data should be in Abuja. They will only collect huge sum of money from you, collect their share, and at the end still refer you to Abuja
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Ichel: 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nairaboi:

Lost, Damage and change of data should be in Abuja. They will only collect huge sum of money from you, collect their share, and at the end still refer you to Abuja
Can I do it online?
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Nairaboi(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
Ichel:

Can I do it online?
Yes u can pay online for the fee, which is the official passport fee. But based on the system is designed you can't follow through with the process, an officer must aid you.
Thus, at the end of the day you will still pay some unofficial fee if you really need a passport. so its better you just get a immigration officer than can do it for you.
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Ichel: 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nairaboi:

Yes u can pay online for the fee, which is the official passport fee. But based on the system is designed you can't follow through with the process, an officer must aid you.
Thus, at the end of the day you will still pay some unofficial fee if you really need a passport. so its better you just get a immigration officer than can do it for you.
Thanks a lot for the help. Do you know the cost of processing it at Abuja? Cuz I was told it cost me 38500 by an immigration officer when i went to NIS office @ yola today.
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Nairaboi(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Ichel:

Thanks a lot for the help. Do you know the cost of processing it at Abuja? Cuz I was told it cost me 38500 by an immigration officer when i went to NIS office @ yola today.
Don't know if they have started processing lost case in state commands. But if the officer charged you that amount, then i think its ok, as long as he can deliver.
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Ichel: 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nairaboi:

Don't know if they have started processing lost case in state commands. But if the officer charged you that amount, then i think its ok, as long as he can deliver.
He told me that it has been decentralised, that i can pick it between 3 to 7 day after payment, but i feel the prize is much. If new one is 28k, lost one shouldn't be that much.
Re: Help!!! I Lost My Passport by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 24, 2017
I think I found it! But it was in my dreams

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Railway Corporation Enugu Abandoned And In Terrible State / Getting To Canada / BREAKING: Truck Crushes CAN Chairman To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.