Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

UNN Political Science Student Shot Dead - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Political Science Student Shot Dead (709 Views)

UNILORIN Exam Questions About 2019 Elections (Political Science) / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Student Shot Dead (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN Political Science Student Shot Dead by fabian063: 6:31am On Mar 23, 2017
Today, University of Nigeria Nsukka campus has today witnessed what turned out to be a sad event. A student was shot dead at Hiltop, a location notorious for criminal activities in the school.
The dead student has been identified as Emmanuel Joseph aka Big Joe, a third year student of Political science.
Some have attributed the cause of the incident to a cult clash, but this is yet to be ascertained as, at the time of this report, no official statement has been released by the school authorities concerning the incident yet.
There has also been reports of shootings going on around Hilltop. Residents are adviced to be cautious and stay indoors to allow the security agents handle the situation.
Source: http://www.afrowendy.com/2017/03/breaking-news-unn-student-shot-dead.html?m=1

Re: UNN Political Science Student Shot Dead by Negotiate: 6:34am On Mar 23, 2017
Really sad
Re: UNN Political Science Student Shot Dead by spafu(m): 6:40am On Mar 23, 2017
Oga o
Re: UNN Political Science Student Shot Dead by PMPhoenix(m): 7:00am On Mar 23, 2017
I blame the VC, Ozumba is it?. When I first moved into hilltop I could tell it was teeming with system guys, they were cool at first but then robberies and armed robberies grew sporadically out of control.

Our VC then, Uncle Bartho immediately carry the matter for head as en reach him table. Nigga deployed plain clothes police and SAS all over the campus, come see as them dey pack home boys for hilux go Enugu like say them be cow, so system guys went in to deep hiding, most high tailed out of Nsukka completely.

Students practically walked at late night hours freely while working on their mobile devices or laptops in hand without having to look over their shoulders, you could actually feel safe staying out late at night in these semi-satellite areas.

Few years later I'm getting news that hilltop has become 'hot' again. Most unfortunate, the new VC should take adequate measures to ensure the safety of its students, and if he needs tips, let him just dial Uncle Bartho's cellphone.

RIP @ Big Joe

(1) (Reply)

Primary School Enrollment Statistics In Nigeria Pre Independence / Graphic: Final Year Student Of Anambra State University Shot Dead By Cultists / Am Scared,i Wrote On Tuesday And My Result Ins Not Out Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.