Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion (28383 Views)

Download: Jenifa's Diary Complete Season 12 / Complete Download: Jenifa's Diary Season 10 Now / Jenifa's diary Season 11 EP8 - UNWELCOME (Preview) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by kdcroccityboy: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2017
xynerise:
Before fans of Funke Akindele start throwing plastic chairs at me, take a seat and read carefully.

Is Jenifa's Diary rated PG? If no, then the problem starts from the censor board.

Originally, Jenifa's accent could be traced to the Ibadan people in Oyo state but she really exaggerated , but that is not the point though.

My point is, people who already know the right grammar to use may not be a victim of this but people especially children who are still learning The English language should not be viewing that movie.

I heard a little girl speaking exactly like Jenifa. She was telling another kid "Joe, ava? and he replied "I is fine". Think of the damage it will cause to their English speaking ability on the long run.

Jenifa's Diary is not for school children but people watch it with kids around and you know kids learn things fast and if they know it, it is hard for them to forget it.

My advice is, don't watch Jenifa's Diary around kids.

Your insult is welcomed.
But dem show se jennifer no go skul 4 d series.so u go just tell d kids,thats how illitrates speak.

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Divay22(f): 11:39am On Mar 23, 2017
Donald7610:
You're wrong
Jenifa's Diary is a comedy movie
Anybody speaking like her knows is Joking

He is not talking about the humor part but the effects on kids....
Your child goes to a good private school and you'll see him/her saying HOW IS YOU or reply I is fine Will you be happy about it undecided.......

For adults it can be taken as a joke Not kids
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by seankay(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2017
I love Jennifer but that her grammar seems too fake for me. I still prefer Kate henshaw's style in "Do good" . She delivered that role with ease

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by olad54: 11:41am On Mar 23, 2017
come on guys. you are defending the use of English language here. what about our dialects? how many kids can speak their parents dialect? what about internet language? nobody is talking about all these.

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 23, 2017
DorisK:
Am I the only one in Nigeria who doesn't watch Jenifer's diaries?

we plenty!!!
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by remiopash: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2017
Donald7610:

OMO IBADAN KIN NI SOOO RE?

Ibadan mesi Ogo, nile Oluyole. Ilu Ogunmola, olodogbo keri loju ogun. Ilu Ibikunle alagbala jaya-jaya. Ilu Ajayi, o gbori Efon se filafila. Ilu Latosa, Aare-ona kakanfo. Ibadan Omo ajoro sun. Omo a je Igbin yoo,fi ikarahun fo ri mu. Ibadan maja-maja bii tojo kin-in-ni, eyi too ja aladuugbo gbogbo logun, Ibadan ki ba ni s’ore ai mu ni lo s’ogun. Ibadan Kure! Ibadan beere ki o too wo o, Ni bi Olè gbe n jare Olohun. B’Ibadan ti n gbonile bee lo n gba Ajoji. Eleyele lomi ti teru-tomo ‘Layipo n mu. Asejire lomi abumu-buwe nile Ibadan. A ki waye ka maa larun kan lara, Ija igboro larun Ibadan.

kaii!! So sure o! Ori mi n wu o..Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by pinkhill(f): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2017
Jenifa diary passes information to the public.

The comedy series is informative. She uses her local accent to pass a wonderful message to her viewers.

Nigerians are drawn to unique acts.

Watch beyond her accent and you will pick some valuable lessons of life

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Divay22(f): 11:44am On Mar 23, 2017
Onnasucs1:
you have used it before. Yes or Yes? tongue
Nope.....i just don't come out,somethings i laugh but for me to do it I can't....

I have only watched it once or twice
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Ngokafor(f): 11:44am On Mar 23, 2017
...Abegooo,@op i like jennifa and her English,just leave her for me please tongue....but i get your point.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 23, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
We that have grammatical intelligence see where we eat.
While Jenifer is shooting movies in London.

I seriously doubt your sanity and level of maturity if you think this is the lot of all lawyers or even all polished people. This mentality will keep you in a state of perpetual mediocrity. never being able to rise above the noise.

The world needs refined men. Polished people are celebrated everywhere in this world. If you want to spend the rest of your life in a one room apartment and never moving forward in life -- a hand to mouth existence -- remain the way that you are.

Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Addme: 11:45am On Mar 23, 2017
chynie:
is that really how Ibadan people Speak?
if yes how come i have not heard anyone say they are ''yorubatic/yorubalistic''

But if is Igbos all the Afonjas will be shouting ''igbotic people''

Afonjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj they can form eeeeeeeeeeeee
Though Ibadan People Have An Accent Which Serves As Their Identity Just Like Every Other Tribes,Race And Even Region.That However Is Not Synonymous With Uncivilization.Jennifa On Her Series Actually Exaggerated The Whole Thing.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by distilledwalex(m): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2017
Op... You funny sev... How many Nigerians dey even adhere to the rating of movies or soaps. Make dem rate am 40 s3v... People go still watch am with kids. . Fot Naija though
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by chynie: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2017
Addme:
Though Ibadan People Have An Accent Which Serves As Their Identity Just Like Every Other Tribes,Race And Even Region.That However Is Not Synonymous With Uncivilization.Jennifa On Her Series Actually Exaggerated The Whole Thing.
Ohk so let's say they are yorubatic tongue
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2017
softwerk:
And to think that another Jenifa is warming up in the BBNaija house could be a complete disaster shocked grin
Bisola cheesy.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by amazon14: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Op I totally agreed with you. I have been saying this for a very long time now,no one seems to reason with me. All i hear is it comedy but comedy that will corrupt our children's speach is bad
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by iamkingzlee(m): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2017
Yes, it should be rated. My little cousin be telling me "Uncle, eyes you" it's not how are you again undecided
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by metallisc(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2017
yusasiv:

u don't knw yet? it is being used to cover up their weaknesses

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by femi4: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2017
xynerise:
Before fans of Funke Akindele start throwing plastic chairs at me, take a seat and read carefully.

Is Jenifa's Diary rated PG? If no, then the problem starts from the censor board.

Originally, Jenifa's accent could be traced to the Ibadan people in Oyo state but she really exaggerated , but that is not the point though.

My point is, people who already know the right grammar to use may not be a victim of this but people especially children who are still learning The English language should not be viewing that movie.

I heard a little girl speaking exactly like Jenifa. She was telling another kid "Joe, ava? and he replied "I is fine". Think of the damage it will cause to their English speaking ability on the long run.

Jenifa's Diary is not for school children but people watch it with kids around and you know kids learn things fast and if they know it, it is hard for them to forget it.

My advice is, don't watch Jenifa's Diary around kids.

Your insult is welcomed.

Abeg park well.....Where were you in the days of New Masqurade, Samanja, Second Chance etc

We didn't end up with damaged English now

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2017
WriteBoy:

I seriously doubt your sanity and level of maturity if you think this is the lot of all lawyers or even all polished people. This mentality will keep you in a state of perpetual mediocrity. never being able to rise above the noise.

The world needs refined men. Polished people are celebrated everywhere in this world. If you want to spend the rest of your life in a one room apartment and never moving forward in life -- a hand to mouth existence -- remain the way that you are.

Be wise.
You said nothing meaningful
A lot of "refined people" are living from hand to mouth
Since when did one room apartment become a measure of success ?
The picture I posted represents majority of lawyers practicing in Nigeria i know what i am saying go and find out

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by BJ0SE(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2017
Taking life too serious is a problem o, some people just jump inside ocean some days ago.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by homesteady(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2017
Abiagirl777:
overhyped series,yet to understand the head n tail of it.recently I overheard some primary school children speaking it, only low IQ adults who I'm sure are fans if zee world, BBNaija,and telemundo will allow kids watch it with them.

Madam high IQ, what notable contribution have you made to the society? What have you used your supposed High IQ to invent?

4 Likes

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Abimloaded(m): 11:57am On Mar 23, 2017
DorisK:
Am I the only one in Nigeria who doesn't watch Jenifer's diaries?

You're not alone dear, I'm here with you...
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Abdul9025(m): 11:58am On Mar 23, 2017
How is you
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:

You said nothing meaningful
A lot of "refined people" are living from hand to mouth
Since when did one room apartment become a measure of success ?
The picture I posted represents majority of lawyers practicing in Nigeria i know what i am saying go and find out

Forget that one. True excellence and refinement is always rewarded handsomely. It did not start yesterday and it will not end today. How about those who have been rewarded far beyond your imagination as a result of their refinement?

My major point is that true excellence is always rewarded.

To be honest, I think that you have a challenge with comprehension.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Iyaboaj(f): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:

If Jenifer likes, she may be acting film in the moon. The op really made a valid point, young ones shouldn't be exposed to such unintelligent blabbing. A friend once told me about it and I tried to watch, but I got discouraged. Personally I don't see the essence of the twisting a language to make it humorous. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
WriteBoy:

Forget that one. True excellence and refinement is always rewarded handsomely. It did not start yesterday and it will not end today. How about those who have been rewarded far beyond your imagination as a result of their refinement?

My major point is that true excellence is always rewarded.

To be honest, I think that you have a challenge with comprehension.
Go and read my first comment again I will address your issue there
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
The Adult Education parts of Jenifa's Diary was a rip-off of "Mind Your Language"
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:

Go and read my first comment again I will address your issue there

Just grow up from your defeatist and mediocre mentality dude.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Iyaboaj(f): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:

If Jenifer likes, she may be acting film in the moon. The op really made a valid point, young ones shouldn't be exposed to such unintelligent blabbing. A friend once told me about it and I tried to watch, but I got discouraged the very first time I watched. Personally I don't see the essence of the twisting a language for humor sake. My opinion though.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
Op, thanks for this thread, I remember I almost got used to asking "how is you?",I had to consciously avoid using it,not to talk of kids, the movie should be rated, this is not about bashing the movie in anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Tboss Becomes Head Of House After National Anthem Palava / AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days / BBNaija: Pictures From Thelma's Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.