Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:14 PM

Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion (28336 Views)

Download: Jenifa's Diary Complete Season 12 / Complete Download: Jenifa's Diary Season 10 Now / Jenifa's diary Season 11 EP8 - UNWELCOME (Preview) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by tonio2wo: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
xynerise:
Before fans of Funke Akindele start throwing plastic chairs at me, take a seat and read carefully.

Is Jenifa's Diary rated PG? If no, then the problem starts from the censor board.

Originally, Jenifa's accent could be traced to the Ibadan people in Oyo state but she really exaggerated , but that is not the point though.

My point is, people who already know the right grammar to use may not be a victim of this but people especially children who are still learning The English language should not be viewing that movie.

I heard a little girl speaking exactly like Jenifa. She was telling another kid "Joe, ava? and he replied "I is fine". Think of the damage it will cause to their English speaking ability on the long run.

Jenifa's Diary is not for school children but people watch it with kids around and you know kids learn things fast and if they know it, it is hard for them to forget it.

My advice is, don't watch Jenifa's Diary around kids.

Your insult is welcomed.

What do u thing PG means? Post graduate?

Ur post does not make sense cos the program is rated PG so each parent is to use their individual discretion to either allow their kids to watch it or not.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
It seems like a lot of people here were not blessed with the gift of comprehension; from what I see here, it is indeed a gift.

Seeing comments like 'Leave Jenifa for me' and 'How is it your business?' made me read the article again. I thought I skipped the line where the OP talked about 'Banning the Show'. Na wah.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Bowaley17(m): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
its true... even girls in my school no longer speak good English. they now speak Jenifa made English...
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by BlaQWolf: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
Beremx:
What is wrong in you Op? Is it your business? cheesy

Seriously?
If you can't find reasons with what he just said up there then I must say you need Check-up.

People like you are the reason why we are where we are in the country right now.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Beremx(f): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
BlaQWolf:

Seriously?
If you can't find reasons with what he just said up there then I must say you need Check-up.

People like you are the reason why we are where we are in the country right now.
shut it abeg, busy body!
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by BlaQWolf: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
tonio2wo:

What do u thing PG means? Post graduate?

Ur post does not make sense cos the program is rated PG so each parent is to use their individual discretion to either allow their kids to watch it or not.

You lack Basic Understanding Facilities.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Beremx(f): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
femi4:
Abeg park well.....Where were you in the days of New Masqurade, Samanja, Second Chance etc

We didn't end up with damaged English now
i wonder o!

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by BlaQWolf: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
Beremx:
shut it abeg, busy body!

Lol...I don't exchange words with the opposite sex..

I can only advice you to retrace and start using your brain...
Insulting Men will only give you more years in your father's house...

I won't give you the privilege of getting my mention again
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Beremx(f): 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
BlaQWolf:

Lol...I don't exchange words with the opposite sex..

I can only advice you to retrace and start using your brain...
Insulting Men will only give you more years in your father's house... ,

I won't give you the privilege of getting my mention again
Ode, i am happily married. You shouldn't have quoted me in the first place. If you don't like Jenifa 'S diary, don't watch it!

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Ekii(f): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
You are right on this. Even as an adult, I catch myself saying 'yelz' sometimes. So, I can imagine how it would seem normal to kids who may think it's ok to speak that way. Kids shouldn't watch it until they are in a position to know it's an act.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by CellTabRepairs: 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
grin
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by xynerise: 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
Beremx:
What is wrong in you Op? Is it your business? cheesy

If I catch you grin
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by xynerise: 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
femi4:
Abeg park well.....Where were you in the days of New Masqurade, Samanja, Second Chance etc

We didn't end up with damaged English now

The way wrong things trend these days is different from that era.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Beremx(f): 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
xynerise:

If I catch you grin
abeg leave Jenifa for us joor! Blame those responsible for not censoring it for only adults.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by xynerise: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
Beremx:
abeg leave Jenifa for us joor! Blame those responsible for not censoring it for only adults.

I am not against her show. We should just save our kids from messing up in public wink
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by horluwaloseyi(m): 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
WriteBoy:

I seriously doubt your sanity and level of maturity if you think this is the lot of all lawyers or even all polished people. This mentality will keep you in a state of perpetual mediocrity. never being able to rise above the noise.

The world needs refined men. Polished people are celebrated everywhere in this world. If you want to spend the rest of your life in a one room apartment and never moving forward in life -- a hand to mouth existence -- remain the way that you are.

Be wise.
Are you minding the fool,Nigerians and their money worshipping mentalityl.Bill gates is the richest man in the world and that doesn't stop him from speaking good English.Idiots like him think going to school is what keeps them in perpetual poverty not knowing it is their inability to think.No one ever said going to school is going to make you rich
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by spayor(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
My brothers an intelligent kid is always an intelligent kid...with or without jenifer's dairy or jenifee's drawing book
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by EMXTAN1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Seriously some of us lack understanding, some persons are asking why "Masquerades" and the likes didnt impair our knowledge, and i ask where are we today? the Op made a valid point, accept it or not, at a tender age, u build your vocabulary and if you children do that with Jenifa's diary, its goina be a sorry case. for the adults it may have few effects for those managing English language. For me, its very fake, doesnt make me laugh, they few i watched was rather educative, buh vocabulary? hell no! Zero for kids and pple managing to speak good english
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by ayindejimmy(m): 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
This Igbo actor that talks dirty was being criticized the other day and you all rose to his defence saying what he's doing is a genre of comic relief. The actor even boasted about the plethora of award he has accumulated because of his act.

Jenifa is only portraying an hyperbolic expression of a local Yoruba lady for the purpose of entertainment too. Its just a character. And parents should know how to censor the content

Don't you people watch black American movies speaking raw and ghetto slang?
Does it change the content of American English?

If it's not right for the censor board to censor an actor that makes lewd comments I think what Jenifa does is even safer.

Moreover, inability to speak good English, that doesn't mean I'm not intelligent.

Since when does English Language beome a criteria for measuring civility or intelligence?

7 Likes

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Basic123: 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
jenifas accent is hers not ibadans!!!......chinua achebe,wole shoyinka,JP clark,niyi osundare,femi osofisan,jubril aminu and francis egbokare are all ibadan products.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by tonio2wo: 1:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
BlaQWolf:

You lack Basic Understanding Facilities.

Akuya!
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by abbeyty(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
They should rate it just because they speak incorrect grammar ? who your queen English help ?

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by davidzfarm18(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
Reasons I don't listen to Brila FM again.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by femi4: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
xynerise:

The way wrong things trend these days is different from that era.

You are not making sense. In those days, we had no option to even watch other channels cos NTA was more like national TV yet those programmes didn't cause any damage

You must be low on IQ to think you can only improve your command of English language by watching TV

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by tosyne2much(m): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
yusasiv:

u don't knw yet? it is being used to cover up their weaknesses
I'm telling you
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by israelmao(m): 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
Except Jennifer who doesn't speak good English quite a number of other characters in Jennifer Diary do.One thing I've noticed, people catch more fun in pidgin English than in good one.
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by xynerise: 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
femi4:
You are not making sense. In those days, we had no option to even watch other channels cos NTA was more like national TV yet those programmes didn't cause any damage

You must be low on IQ to think you can only improve your command of English language by watching TV

If insulting me is your contribution to my thread, please fuvk off.

Mr. High IQ without invention

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by tosyne2much(m): 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
Do I even have the time to be watching a movie that has little or no impact in one's reasoning faculty?

Why would I even allow my kids watch it?
Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by Odkosh: 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
passionatebae:

Jenifa is just putting smiles on people's faces.
No spoil her market
she don win plenty awards and still counting
She don make many Dough plus plenty endorsement deals on this matter.
She no dey play with cucumber nor go nude.
she brought a part of Afonja tongue into limelight.
4get wetin u think Base on logistics wink wink wink wink
u get time to write this for the op. let him keep blaming Jenifer's for the inability of his kids to speak good English. may be we will start blaming shina Rambo and cultist vampire for the new children of nowadays robbery and cultism. just as they keep blaming Soyinka for introducing cultism.

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion by chiraqDemon(m): 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nice one op
Should be rated 13 at least or 15 but im with u all the way
Let the adults that cant be influenced watch it not the kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#BBNaija2018: "Miracle Is A Heartbreaker" - Bitto To Nina / #BBNaija VS This Baby: Twitter Users Compare Both / Frank Edoho Returns For Who Wants To Be A Millionaire TV Show, ₦20m Up For Grabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.