Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) (31521 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Oduduwatic:
My people can be dark o

i can only see a lady's face. Thats all.

They have started arriving. Children of hate. You're welcome.

You can take your seat there...no, no, over there, at the bottom of the lagoon. Yes there!

10 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by oviejnr(m): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Op
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
wonlasewonimi:
The most useless Oba in Nigeria today.
Ah please do not offend the gods!

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Moving4: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
Kudos Sir
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by WafiChapo: 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
What does he do to better Nigeria?
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by wristbangle: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
NicoBaba:
m waiting for dem biafuro to storm here..awon flatozoan..... Igbo

This is wrong. Let us put away tribalism even though the other tribes are spitting us shamelessly.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by oviejnr(m): 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
wonlasewonimi:
What is this one saying?? undecided
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
The grand theft of African artifacts by Britain and how to return them to Africa, should be the purpose of this trip. Lets have our creations back and let white people come to Africa and pay to view them in our own museums. How could our works in British museums continue earning money for Britain? And you tell me slavery is over?

On culture, what he should've done is speak Yoruba and they should have an interpreter to translate to English. Vladimir Putin speaks English very well, but you'll never see him speak it on camera. Angela Mickel speaks French and English very well, but they put their languages first. Language is the first instrument for promoting culture!.

It's time to come out of the box!!.

6 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
The problem with most Tribalistic Nigerians is the fact that they chase themselves...

You put up a comment, you would aswell state "watch the other group come in", "watch the flaties and afonjas troll the thread"...are you not indirectly calling for segregation?

And eventually when the opposition begins to troll, insults and non-chalant beheaviors starts up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
WafiChapo:
What does he do to better Nigeria?

Wasn't aware that he's one of your politically elected leaders or civil servant.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by wonlasewonimi: 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
factsandfigures:
Ah please do not offend the gods!

He worships like a born again christian in churches, he prays like devout muslim and he is also a pure traditionalist. He is confused! He is currently in London being paid to be seen like a wax museum whilst Ife is in turmoil. He is the least respected Oba...How can an Oba be taking selfie with the likes of Lil kesh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Aladeokin1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
The Paramount Ruler of Yoruba Race Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II,

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by abbeyty(m): 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
Still don't know who travel pass btw this oba and our president
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Sketchandcraft(m): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

He worships like a born again christian in churches, he prays like devout muslim and he is also a pure traditionalist. He is confused! He is currently in London being paid to be seen like a wax museum whilst Ife is in turmoil. He is the least respected Oba...How can an Oba be taking selfie with the likes of Lil kesh.
is Lil kesh not a human being... Ode opoonu

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
musicwriter:
The grand theft of African artifacts by Britain and how to return them to Africa, should be the purpose of this trip. Lets have our creations back and let white people come to Africa and pay to view them in our own museums. How could our works in British museums continue earning money for Britain? And you tell me slavery is over?

On culture, what he should've done is speak Yoruba and they should have an interpreter to translate to English. Vladimir Putin speaks English very well, but you'll never see him speak it on camera. Angela Mickel speaks French and English very well, but they put their languages first. Language is the first instrument for promoting culture!!.

No need for that. He isn't a visiting head of state.

The countries you mentioned don't have English as their lingua franca, we do.

Do you know How many minutes might be allowed for this interview slot? It'd be kinda silly to waste much time on interpreters when the interviewee is competent in speaking English.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
ElsonMorali:

No need for that. He isn't a visiting head of state.

The countries you mentioned don't have English as their lingua franca, we do.

Do you know How many minutes might be allowed for this interview slot? It'd be kinda silly to waste much time on interpreters when the interviewee is competent in speaking English.

These excuses you have has been around for over 100 years. This's why I said "it's time to come out of the box".

Vietnam has changed it's" official language" for French to Vietnamese.

Thailand has changed it's "official language" from English to Thai.

Malaysia has changed it's "official language" from English to Malay.

Indonesia has changed it's "official language" from English to Indonesian.

In 1362, England changed it's "official language" from French and Latin to English.

Only fools would maintain a status quo because it've been accepted for long. Again, it's time to come out of the box.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by laudate: 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
OmoIgala:
I love This OBA

Nice interview. But I wish he had worn a beautifully embroidered Aso-Oke, with his beaded crown. He would have looked more resplendent. undecided All this white lace, chiffon & white satin, that he and his Olori seem to prefer, just does not showcase the regal beauty of the traditional royal attire expected from custodians of the royal stool. sad

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
So na CNN go carry mic like this? Dem don misplace all their wireless microphones? I doubt if this is CNN
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by proffemi: 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
musicwriter:

This excuses you have has been around for over 100 years. This's why I said "it's time to come out of the box".

Vietnam has changed it's" official language" for French to Vietnamese...

So Nigeria should change its official language from English to...to what? Hausa? Ibo? Yoruba? Izon? Which dialect of these?
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Bekimbo(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
Long may the King reign! smiley

When will they interview Oni'Kuje? cheesy

Onikuje abobakus right now.. .

Wrong question,when will they interview buhari?
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
wonlasewonimi:
Ori e ti Buru gaan ni

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 1:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
proffemi:

So Nigeria should change its official language from English to...to what? Hausa? Ibo? Yoruba? Izon? Which dialect of these?

The official language in Yorubaland should be Yoruba. The official language in Igboland should be Igbo. e.t.c.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by proffemi: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
musicwriter:

The official language in Yorubaland should be Yoruba. The official language in Igboland should be Igbo. e.t.c.
And the official language of the Federal Government would be what? Before you say "all three of the above", you need to realize that each zone has multiple distinct languages. E.g. there are actually multiple distinct dialects of Yoruba, such that four men from Ondo, Ijebu, Owo and Akoko would not understand themselves.

It's good to think out of the box, but don't jump to conclusions (in this case, that this is a trivial problem).
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
proffemi:

And the official language of the Federal Government would be what? Before you say "all three of the above", you need to realize that each zone has multiple distinct languages. E.g. there are actually multiple distinct dialects of Yoruba, such that four men from Ondo, Ijebu, Owo and Akoko would not understand themselves.

It's good to think out of the box, but don't jump to conclusions (in this case, that this is a trivial problem).

We have Pidgin English to do just that!. It's far better than English in reach!!.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by kabawa(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
Oduduwatic:
My people can be dark o

i can only see a lady's face. Thats all.

WEREY YOU DON CHOP TODAY
IF NO,GO GET SNIPER OR JUMP INSIDE LAGOON grin
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by proffemi: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
musicwriter:
We have Pidgin English to do just that!. It's far better than English in reach!!.

Good God! I don't even know where to start. Abeg, let me go out for lunch jeje . Cheers.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Alphyno: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
I still never understands this man's position in Nigeria,
And why he's been respected that much undecided

Hit LIKE if you also reason same cool
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
proffemi:

Good God! I don't even know where to start. Abeg, let me go out for lunch jeje . Cheers.

So, you sabi speak Pidgin? I think say Pidgin no bi language.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
hypocrisy, if it were to b a black journalist interviewing him now, dey will ask why she's sitting close to the king? passing
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
The one and only authentic King in Nigeria.

So the Alake of Egbaland, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba of Lagos, Oba of Benin, Sultan of Sokoto, Emir of Kano etc are not authentic Kings?

Royalty do not grant interviews, especially in a foreign land.

I hope he was received by the Queen of the UK when he visited the UK and I hope she reciprocates the visit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) / Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.