Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) (31524 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Assuming you were born in 1989 like your handle, I'm old enough to be your father.

if you're old enough to be my father then your brain is in a worrisome state

I'm even 1998. your old age as u claimed suppose to be appreciating with your brain not depreciating with it. don't u think so?
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by babtuns76(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
sar33:
Imperial Majesty Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II , the traditional king of Ife, Nigeria was interviewed by CNN at the Black Cultural Archives, Brixton,London.

The King talked about the Yoruba culture and tradition, our stolen  artifacts, seeing Nigeria and Africa in a more positive light.He also said that he has come to connect the missing link between Africa and more.

See photos below
Ajala Ooni ile ife.Oba Ajala.?

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/03/cnn-interviews-ooni-of-ife-in.html?m=1

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by wonlasewonimi: 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
Adebowale89:

if you're old enough to be my father then your brain is in a worrisome state

I'm even 1998. your old age as u claimed suppose to be appreciating with your brain not depreciating with it. don't u think so?

What is this gibberish? are you bereft of common sense?

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by amdoyin82(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
Long may the King reign! smiley

When will they interview Oni'Kuje? cheesy

Onikuje abobakus right now.. .
not now. Onikuje is busy gathering more subjects to his kingdom.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Just listen to yourself bro, pidgin ENGLISH.

So we should abandon our local languages and adopt a variant of the English language?
Lol... Got me CRACKING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

What is this gibberish? are you bereft of common sense?

you shud ask yourself that QST first and answer before putting it forward to me because without common sense I won't be addressing your shortcoming logically
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
musicwriter:

Let me tell you a little about the English language you adore.

When two languages collide something called a creole language evolves. That's exactly how English language itself evolved!!. Pidgin English is a creole language originating from collision of European's and our languages. Today, Pidgin is a language in its own right like Jamaican Patois and many other creole languages.

For your information, Britain was also mostly colonized by Germans, French, Spaniards, Rome, within the 4th-5th century AD. During their time of slavery they also spoke a mixure of English and the other languages of their captors. But, once they regained their freedom, they banned all foreign languages in the entire British isle, and adopted their native English language (which was then 40% local and 60% foreign language) just as Pidgin is today. The year was 1362 and it was only then that English became an official language. Therefore, what we learn today as English is just a standardized creole language like Pidgin!!.

When our eyes open to our stupidity, we will ban English in our lands and pay attention to our native languages. Many Asian nations who were also colonized had already made that change, as I said earlier.

My people, open your eyes!. English was not originally an official language!!. It became an official language only in 1362!!!.

The origin of English language. Everybody should see these videos, it's under 20 minutes, all.

The evolution of English language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIzFz9T5rhI
The origin of English language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEaSxhcns7Y
The history of English language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJBw2KlIEo
How languages evolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWDKsHm6gTA

After all said and done, pidgin ENGLISH is still not our mother tongue know Nigeria.

Abandoning English because it isn't our mother tongue and adopting another variant which still isn't our mother tongue doesn't make sense to me.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Rubenzkid(m): 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
NicoBaba:
m waiting for dem biafuro to storm here..awon flatozoan..... Igbo

we just dey observe
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
ElsonMorali:

After all said and done, pidgin ENGLISH is still not our mother tongue know Nigeria.

Abandoning English because it isn't our mother tongue and adopting another variant which still isn't our mother tongue doesn't make sense to me.

Again, Pidgin is a language on its own right!. The mixtures of other languages is exactly as English is a mixture of French, Latin, Spanish, German, Greek, it's exactly the same reason you'll see mixtures of Yoruba and Bini, for instance. That doesn't mean Yoruba language is a variant of Bini language or Bini a variant of Yoruba. It's normal in the evolution of languages for such variations to occur.

Why then do you adore English; when it's also a variant of Greek, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch? English is the most patched up language in the world with input from over six other languages!!!

My only worry is there are people in leadership position across Africa who are still locked inside the box like you. I have no idea how long before we all wake up from the matrix.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Cynicgod: 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2017
GreatMahmud:
This is no achievement. Anybody by virtue of holding an esteemed position can be interviewed by CNN in any part of the world..
........you can take your seat now sir
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
Omo those guys standing with kabiyesi dey enjoy o, see me here, I never enter airport before not to talk of entering plane. Kai I must reshuffle my life
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
musicwriter:

Again, Pidgin is a language on its own right!. The mixtures of other languages is exactly as English is a mixture of French, Latin, Spanish, German, Greek, it's exactly the same reason you'll see mixtures of Yoruba and Bini, for instance. That doesn't mean Yoruba language is a variant of Bini language or Bini a variant of Yoruba. It's normal in the evolution of languages for such variations to occur.

Why then do you adore English; when it's also a variant of Greek, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch? English is the most patched up language in the world with input from over six other languages!!!

My only worry is there are people in leadership position across Africa who are still locked inside the box like you. I have no idea how long before we all wake up from the matrix.

I'm sorry, but you're not making sense.

Pidgin English is the language you want Nigeria to adopt as her official language. Why?

You accuse me of adoring the English language, yet won't mind adopting a variant of it. Where's the sense in that? Or am I missing something?
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
ElsonMorali:

I'm sorry, but you're not making sense.

Pidgin English is the language you want Nigeria to adopt as her official language. Why?

You accuse me of adoring the English language, yet won't mind adopting a variant of it. Where's the sense in that? Or am I missing something?

Pidgin is an African creation. If you're confused about "Pidgin English" it may interest you to know "Pidgin English" is misnomer. The real name is Pidgin and like Jamaican patois it has nothing to do with English language.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
musicwriter:

Pidgin is an African creation. If you're confused about "Pidgin English" it may interest you to know "Pidgin English" is misnomer. The real name is Pidgin and like Jamaican patois it has nothing to do with English language.

You are dancing around my points.

Why should we replace English with Pidgin instead of our mother tongue?
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Dareomo(m): 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Baba keepe o.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 11:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
ElsonMorali:

You are dancing around my points.

Why should we replace English with Pidgin instead of our mother tongue?

I' am not dancing around your point, cause we're not saying the same thing.

Pidgin is just as native to us as our various mother tongues. It was not taught us by white people, rather, it was created by us!!.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by WafiChapo: 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Wasn't aware that he's one of your politically elected leaders or civil servant.

Yup, There we go. Every man for himself, unless he's an "elected leader" or civil servant. That ugly look on things is what makes Nigeria crap.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
WafiChapo:

Yup, There we go. Every man for himself, unless he's an "elected leader" or civil servant. That ugly look on things is what makes Nigeria crap.

I don't even know where to begin educating you that you have elected representatives for a purpose.

If you haven't asked any of them what they are doing with your Commonwealth I don't see any reason why you should ask a private citizen not to talk of unelected royalty whose powers are reduced to merely cultural and ceremonial functions.

This is not America where you are supposed to ask what you can do for your country because your fvcking country has done Nothing for you. And Yes it's every man for himself.
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by WafiChapo: 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pathetic. My opinion anyways
Re: CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Did he come to borrow money from your family for his travelling?

Why don't you mind your freaking business and wake us up when your own chief has enough money and clout to leave your village.

Why are you making excuses for the Ooni is he your jobless father? Because if your father had a proper job he would have been able to train you properly instead of gallivanting up and down like the Ooni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) / Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.