Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours (8586 Views)

How To Fix Nigeria In 72hours / Muslim Woman Vents Anger On Buhari's Government In Abuja (Video) / BREAKING: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours, If Aso Rock Cabals Pu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by oluwalolese: 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has reacted to the letter written by Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir Lawal, to the Senate Committee on the Humanitarian Crisis in North-East.

Saraki, who spoke through the Senate Spokesman, Sabi Abdullahi, stated that Lawal’s letter stating that he would not appear before the Senate Committee, because he had gone to court to challenge his invitation, implied that the Legislature can equally go to court to stop the entire government headed by President Muhamamdu Buhari, from working.

Recall, that the refusal of the SGF to appear before the Senate, came barely a few hours when the Customs Comptroller-General, Hammed Ali, had also declined to appear before the Senate, claiming that it would be subjudice for him to return to the Senate in uniform, since a Legal Practitioner had asked the Federal High Court, Abuja, to restrain the National Assembly from compelling him to wear uniform in the performance of his duties.

According to the Senate Spokesman, Nigeria’s democracy was heading towards total destruction, because of the refusal of the cabals in Aso Rock to honour Legislative summons.

Saraki said: “We are performing our constitutional mandate, and if anybody is going to court to stop us, then what it means is that we should all go to court and stop the entire government from working.

“That is exactly what we are saying; that if this (refusal to honour Legislative summons) continues to happen, then goodbye to democracy. It means I can even go to court to stop you from doing your work.

“We will see how that will continue to play out, and I think this is the end of democracy in Nigeria, if that continues to play out.”

Source :
http://www.post-nigeria.com/breaking-i-will-shut-down-buharis-government-in-72hours-if-aso-rock-cabals-push-me-to-the-wall-angry-saraki-spits-fire/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by profhezekiah: 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
The dictator clueless gworo chewing,kunu drinking daura local chief which Nigeria was mistakely handed over to, he is 2 arrogant and self-centered

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by akp202(m): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
So when and where did he say he will shut down d government in 72 hours O. P.?

21 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by Nwodosis(m): 3:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
Militarized democracy is the system of government we have in our country now!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
.What is going on at BMC camp

they have suddenly gone mute for more than 24hrs which is unusual

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by dunkem21(m): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by ozoebuka1(m): 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hmmm, this one strong oo..

But on a second though, Nigeria is a big joke, nothing is gonna happen sha. even if anything happens, we are used to abnormality... so, it will still look as if nothing happened. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by wordbank(m): 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2017
Bobo juice talkers
Buhari that cannot die common die for this kontiri na him u dey threaten?

Abeg shift

3 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by tolufase: 3:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
So, who bears the brunt if the entire institutions of government are shutdown? It seem the cabals in Aso Rock have gained a lot strength since the return of Mr President. Why would on earth somebody alleged to have diverted money met for IDP would go to court to stop Nigerian Senators from carrying out proper investigation. What kind of country is this?

5 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by serverconnect(m): 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
Why will all this appointee disobey the senate? It now looks like will are practising totalitarianism system of government.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by serverconnect(m): 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
totalitarianism government loading...

9 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by Aufbauh(m): 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
The Senate and grandstanding is like butter and bread.
Saraki should have been enlightened about the power and limits of the legislator before vying for it.

The legislative is the most powerful arm of government in paper but the most inconsequential in act. It is more of a prestige than authority.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by sanandreas(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
Buhari setting a bad precedence for our nascent democracy.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by jayrock(m): 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
Issorite
Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 4:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
tolufase:
So, who bears the brunt if the entire institutions of government are shutdown? It seem the cabals in Aso Rock have gained a lot strength since the return of Mr President. Why would on earth somebody alleged to have diverted money met for IDP would go to court to stop Nigerian Senators from carrying out proper investigation. What kind of country is this?
I Also Dey Wonder

Government Sympathisers Love To Shower The Senate With Insults

Yet The Officials Operating This Useless Government Of Lies And Deceit Don't Want To Obey The Senate

Nonsense!!

5 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by loopman: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
Buhari is bad for Nigeria Democracy, he is still a military man at heart.
While people like OBJ have mixed around with civilians after leaving the military, picking more university degrees while mixing with civilians all over the world, people like Buhari, Danjuma have refused to move beyond their military world-view.
A fulani bigot to boot !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by ERockson: 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
I used to think national assembly has power until buhari came into power and made them toothless boo dog.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by bantudra: 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
ohh goody..a standoff...royal rumble.......fighhhhhhttttttttttttttt!!!!..... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by SalamRushdie: 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
sasko:

Sarrki seems to have withdrawn his services

6 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by bantudra: 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
loopman:
Buhari is bad for Nigeria Democracy, he is still a military man at heart.
While people like OBJ have mixed around with civilians after leaving the military, picking more university degrees while mixing with civilians all over the world, people like Buhari, Danjuma have refused to move beyond their military world-view.
A fulani bigot to boot !

abegi tell that to that none entity called jonathan that couldnt defeat boko haram since 2011....

buhari has our support....

buhari is a military man,and??...

we that voted him knew that from the start....boko claiming caliphate and you dont see that as a problem....

be honest...you are just angry with buhari because he is a moslem,not realy because he is a military man...

ojukwu was a military man too....how about that??...

6 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by DLondonboiy: 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
sasko:

money no dey

1 Like

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by juman(m): 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
The handicap president.

1 Like

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by DLondonboiy: 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
I pity Nigerians..
una never see anything...
sai Baba.

1 Like

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by bantudra: 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
is up to us now to choose sides...

we know the senate is corrupt...if we do the mistake and dont help buhari against the senate because he is moslem then we can kiss the war against corruption goodbye...it can not be that the top is more corrupt than the bottom...

do we still remember how the convoy of saraki was stoned by people?....

2 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by DonHummer(m): 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
Senator Vs The cabals season one loading

1 Like

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by Amah70: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
Government is made up by Executive, Legislature and Judiciary.

Why don't some people in today's govt understand the above?

Buhari's chosen officers need to understand how govt functions in a democracy, not during miitary rule.

How can a common govt appointee ignore the Legislature made up of elected members?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
It is becoming interesting. Let the Royal Rumble begin.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by Jerryojozy(m): 5:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
Rule of law is dead under Buhari administration.

Genius J

4 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by Ermacc: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
Our democracy is heading down the cliff

3 Likes

Re: I Will Shut Down Buhari’s Government In 72hours by bantudra: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
Amah70:
Government is made up by Executive, Legislature and Judiciary.

Why don't some people in today's govt understand the above?

Buhari's chosen officers need to understand how govt functions in a democracy, not during miitary rule.

How can a common govt appointee ignore the Legislature made up of elected members?

thats the point...we dont realy understand what the guy is angry about..

maybe this guy has prove that the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary are not legit...

buhari just said people get titles through illegal ways....this has to do with this situation too...

we have to be careful when judging....

i dont see any reason why he shouldnt put on his uniform....not a biggy..their is something much crazier going on in the senate that the Executive is trying to fight...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Would Not Be Pushed To War By The Igbo's. / Why I Want To Be President – Mimiko / Viral!!! Picture Of The Day! (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.