Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. (4467 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by semid4lyfe(m): 2:01am On Dec 22, 2009
Guys, what do you think about Osaze Odemwingie playing the creative/offensive midfield or No 10 position as most people will call it? Frankly, I think he has all the attributes to be a great No 10 and it's high time Coach Amodu thinks of fielding him in that position. He's fast, plays with a sense of urgency & forward always mentality, runs at opposing players & is not afraid to take them on, passes & crosses well, packs a decent shot in both legs, has a great work rate and above all is a good team player. All these IMO, are the attributes of a good creative midfielder. Also, playing Osaze in that position will add pace to our otherwise sedentary pace of play since he'll be the engine room of the team.

Personally, I think Mikel and Osaze will make a great 4 & 10 partnership in midfield and these will in turn impact positively on our play. Enough said -
^^ So guys what do you think of Osaze playing the No 10 position for the Super Eagles? A good or bad idea?

Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by mamagee3(f): 2:43am On Dec 22, 2009
He would do a good job!!! grin grin
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by semid4lyfe(m): 3:51am On Dec 22, 2009
mama-gee:

Aaah, finally- we agree on something in Nairaland shocked grin
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by FBS: 8:11am On Dec 22, 2009
mama-gee:

semid4lyfe:

Aaah, finally- we agree on something in Nairaland shocked grin
I'm just wondering. . .what does mama-gee know about Nigerian footie? I bet she said he would a good job because of his looks?  undecided  grin
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by Iyineda(m): 8:42am On Dec 22, 2009
I also agree with OP. In our current SE squad he is the closest to being capable of endorsing the role of a creative midfield player. One thing though, Mikel seemed to do a great job in that position as well during the last match against Kenya. They both can occupy that position, but in terms of resolve, Osaze is 1 step ahead. . .
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2009
I agree with you. He should be tried for that position.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by ow11(m): 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2009
I don't understand our current fear about the lack of a playmaker in our SE. While it is what makes our team distinctly Nigerian, we shouldn't make the mistake of converting our only dedicated striker to an unfamiliar role that may probably break his spirit if he fails at it.

Arsenal 2003/04 won the league with Gilberto and Vieira as holding midfielders. I think we should use that style until we get a decent AM.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by FBS: 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2009
Why oh why should be break the lads spirit? Do you want him to burn out? undecided
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by semid4lyfe(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2009
ow11:

I don't understand our current fear about the lack of a playmaker in our SE. While it is what makes our team distinctly Nigerian, we shouldn't make the mistake of converting our only dedicated striker to an unfamiliar role that may probably break his spirit if he fails at it.

Arsenal 2003/04 won the league with Petit and Vieira as holding midfielders. I think we should use that style until we get a decent AM.

FBS:

Why oh why should be break the lads spirit? Do you want him to burn out?  undecided

It's not about breaking his spirit or burning him out. Amodu should field him in that position in some friendly matches to see how he fares. Through out Nigeria 99, Fanny Amun fielded Julius Aghahowa as a winger and it took a Bonfrere Jo to reveal to us in Nigeria/Ghana CAN 2000 that the lad could strike and he went on from there to become our best & most consistent striker for some time. Osaze has all the attributes to be a good AM and he could be the solution to our problem in that department. The players who have played that role haven't done too well and the present players on the horizon don't look too promising to me so I'd say give Osaze a try in that position.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by DrKitaun(m): 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2009
Osaze playmaker grin

what a role that would be for a player that plays so casually undecided
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

Osaze playmaker grin

I don't understand. Are you saying Osaze plays too casually to fit into that position?
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by allboyz(m): 11:59am On Dec 23, 2009
osaze MAY do well but i fink that role currently belongs to Rabiu ibrahim and its HIGH TIME AMODU go for him now because he's not an U-23 or thereabout,the MAN should be in his Thirties and he's matured too. . . . angry
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by Ben13: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2009
Let him remain on the wings.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by maclatunji: 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Guys, what do you think about Osaze Odemwingie playing the creative/offensive midfield or No 10 position as most people will call it? Frankly, I think he has all the attributes to be a great No 10 and it's high time Coach Amodu thinks of fielding him in that position. He's fast, plays with a sense of urgency & forward always mentality, runs at opposing players & is not afraid to take them on, passes & crosses well, packs a decent shot in both legs, has a great work rate and above all is a good team player. All these IMO, are the attributes of a good creative midfielder. Also, playing Osaze in that position will add pace to our otherwise sedentary pace of play since he'll be the engine room of the team.

Personally, I think Mikel and Osaze will make a great 4 & 10 partnership in midfield and these will in turn impact positively on our play. Enough said -
^^ So guys what do you think of Osaze playing the No 10 position for the Super Eagles? A good or bad idea?

You are absolutely right. In fact Osaze started as a NO. 10 when he was at Bendel Insurance. He could make things happen for the Super Eagles just like Abou Traika of Egypt.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by Tonyet1(m): 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2009
playmaker? Thought JJ said he was coming if conditions are met!   undecided
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by walestar01(m): 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
What I believe what Amodu have done is to have tested the player in the attacking midfied by trying to organize two friendly matches with a team like Italy and paraguay and use him as attacking midfied to see if he can cope with the role, he might have done better than the wing side because I see Diaby perform better at supporting striker than defensive midfieder arsenal gave me, and remember Kolo Toure joined arsenal as a striker and not defender,Pirlo played as defensive midfieder but when he was used at attacking midfieder in italy when things was going rough for them, he put on the best performance
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by CarlosVent(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2009
he is d savior we have now in d eagles team
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by chelseabmw(m): 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2009
osaze?  u would have said taiwo grin
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by Digriz(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2009
Ths is d advantages of playin friendlies coz dats where u discover d best position for each player.i regard osaze as all purpose player coz he cn play well both in midfield or a central striker bt he plays beta at d wings dats why hs name is odemWINGie.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by slimnike(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
Osaze is better than does that call themselves midfielders. If i have my way, Osaze is the only Nigerian player that deserve to go to the World Cup. There is no wing you put him that he will not function. But is better we use him as the attacking midfielder.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by slap1(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ poster. Let's clink glasses & toast: 4 makin d front page 4 two times in 48 hrs. @ topic. Osaze is a good player, gat xtra strent.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by slap1(m): 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ poster. Let's clink glasses & toast: 4 makin d front page 4 two times in 48 hrs. @ topic. Osaze is a good player, gat xtra strent.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by ochukoccna: 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

Osaze playmaker  grin

what a role that would be for a player that plays so casually  undecided
[size=18pt]The Ozaze hater is back[/size]. How can you say Ozaze plays 'so casually'? undecided undecided He might not be the most talented but he gives his all when he dons the 9ja jersey. Wetin Ozaze do U sef?

allboyz:

osaze MAY do well but i fink that role currently belongs to Rabiu ibrahim and its HIGH TIME AMODU go for him now because he's not an U-23 or thereabout,the MAN should be in his Thirties and he's matured too. . . .  angry
While that is true of him and other players like Fortune Chukwudi, what of the stage fright they 'll encounter when playing against the world's best who play in the best leagues and have constantly improved in this leagues ? 2 case studies would be C Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso who though class players in their own right have honed their innate talent and abilities to new levels and matured better with their summer switch to Madrid.
No B jersey number, dem go go look? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by igboboy1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2009
Ben-10:

Let him remain on the wings.

second that, but seriously Mikel should be expelled from the team, he is not dedicated and am yet to see what makes him an outstanding player
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by igboboy1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

Osaze playmaker grin

Dude are u serious? DO u watch his games abi na for PS3 u dey see the guy play?

He is the most hardworking player in the Super eagles squad, He gives his all each time
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by Roddy4: 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2009
I think Osaze anchoring the AM role is a very good idea, right now the super eagles should think about utilising its strengths rather trying to be what it is not. We do not have too much flair and should lay more emphasis on been workman like, ie Chelsea. I also think Taiye Taiwo should be used as a midfielder, at lease he will have more opportunity to shoot at goal and opposing teams will no longer identify his position as the weak point of our team.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by SamMilla1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2009
FBS:

I'm just wondering. . .what does mama-gee know about Nigerian footie? I bet she said he would a good job because of his looks?  undecided  grin

exactly what i thought when i saw her response, grin grin grin grin grin

on a serious note , osaze is not fashioned for that role,
That role is reserved for reserved and cool headed players like mikel,
not speedy players,
you need to hold the ball a little longer to make accurate calculations before releasing,
osaze is good but on the flanks,
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by ayobase(m): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2009
#semid4lyfe

Hope u guys are ready for the
return ticket of mama-gee.
Where is mama-gee sef?

FBS:

I'm just wondering. . .what does mama-gee know about Nigerian footie? I bet she said he would a good job because of his looks? undecided grin
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by eldee(m): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2009
Nigerians and this Okocha obsession.
C'mon, we don't need a new Jay-Jay . . . it's 2010 next week, you really think we should start building a team around one player in the World Cup year?? Come on
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by toosoon(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2009
Yes i concur with you.

we should play Osaze as playmaker.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2009
If not Osaze,who else?

On OSAZE we stand
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2009
Sam Milla:

exactly what i thought when i saw her response,  grin grin grin grin grin

on a serious note , osaze is not fashioned for that role,
That role is reserved for reserved and cool headed players like mikel,
not speedy players,
you need to hold the ball a little longer to make accurate calculations before releasing,
osaze is good but on the flanks,

I love Osaze's attitude going forward from the wings than center-forward; but I think Coach Amodu is not particularly strict on position play with the SE. I have often confused his role from a supporting striker, with a left wing-back. when he plays the SS role i see that he and our strikers (obafemi and nsofor) often crowd the 18-yrd box and scoring becomes a tricky business, but when he comes from the wings, his goals are a thrill to watch.

As a True-Playmaker the most important quality you should have is the ability to read the game, and get into good positions making for effective collection and distribution of the ball. Intuition is another key element of a playmakers' game, as they need to know where different players are at different times, without taking too long to dwell on the ball. A good playmaker will often hold possession, allowing other team members to make attacking runs.  Osaze is not that guy, he does not fit the role snugly like Jay-Jay did.

He has just a few qualities of a true Numero 10 which we do not have at present and Mikel Obi has a long way to go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match / Surebet247 ...... Where Is My Payout? / 12 Reasons Why Ronaldo Is Better Than Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.