Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) (593 Views)

No Guy Can Leave A Girl With This Nyash PHOTOS / Why Did The White Doctor Treat Me Like A Princess / My Edo Landlord Treats Me Like A Princess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) by jezuzboi(m): 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
It all began on that dusk of adventure with an innocent indulgence in guilty pleasures. Thick said the clock, thick-thick! What we had to do, we did quickly! It was over before the dark clouds could overshadow the light of the earth’s natural satellite. And like a snooping explorer, I passed on stealthily, my blurry sight aided by the fading illumination of the moon.

Laughter, cheers, and excitement filled the air just like I had always pictured in my mind's eye. It began to seem like the accounts of the end of time were mere tales; for how would a world with such priceless moments be subject to expiration? It became a bit difficult to comprehend a legend I had related addictively to the folks of my time. How priceless were these moments?

So priceless that Israel’s wealthiest and wisest king could afford to the detriment of his wisdom. So priceless that I could only afford them in my imagination, yet at the expense of my equanimity; for having not possessed a physical means of exchange by which to secure these moments, I simply took up the role of the man behind the mask and went on an adventurous purchase. There is a thin line between imagination and reality. Beware!!!

Soon enough, I was gifted with apparels of royalty. Even a betrothed princess was delivered to me on a platter of Gold. And it quickly flashed through my mind that not every man has to defeat Goliath for such priceless gifts. But then, the throne was a “no-go area,” for it had been allotted to the Princess’s groom who would become Prince through union to the much coveted Princess.

The throne was the goal. And the Princess was the only way to the throne. From all indications, this roaming warrior stood no chance of attaining kingship in a fortified kingdom as such. All I could do was turn away and continue on my lone trip to wonderland. But then again, the Princess wouldn’t let me.

“Is the throne really your only goal?” she asked faintly. “How difficult is it for you to understand that a kingdom cannot have two Princes?” she added.

“And what would you have me do?” I retorted. “Stick around and become the Princess’s Eunuch?”

“No,” the Princess echoed exhaustively.

“Then what?” I inquired of her.

The colorfully eloquent Princess ran short of words. Yet the look in her royal eyes spoke volumes. I wish I could stay. I wish I could wake every dawn to shower her majesty with royal encomiums. But my leave was inevitable, for I had to carry on the legacy of my ancestry, which never included being subject to anything; not to the cruelest titans, nor to my deepest emotions.

So I walked!!! And the Princess watched!!! Having taken a few steps away, I turned to say goodbye forever. But before I could utter a word, her majesty dismissed me with a wave of the left hand; sudden hate in her heart and fierce fury in her eyes. However, I managed to bid her a final farewell and then proceeded on the journey of no return.

Halfway into the jungle, I heard the Princess’s melodious voice echoing from the clouds as though entrapped by an ambush of bandits, and I made haste reach her and see to her defense with the aid of my double edged sword. But then again, I heard the Princess’s voices echoing from the clouds; this time, with an elusive laughter.

I couldn’t derive a suitable connotation from that ironic occurrence. If her majesty is in danger, I wouldn’t hesitate to bring her to safety. But if she’s safe, I’d better be on my way. Her subtle laughter continued, and I supposed all was fine with her. So I proceeded on my journey. But even after journeying far from the Princess, I could still hear her saccharine voice in my distressed head, telling me just one thing repeatedly; “YOU SUCK!!!”

All Rights Reserved®
Re: MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) by Presh900(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
This better be worth it.

1 Like

Re: MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) by jezuzboi(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
Presh900:
This better be worth it.
You mean leaving the Princess?
Re: MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) by McBrooklyn(m): 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
cheesy
Re: MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) by jezuzboi(m): 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
Re: MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) by McBrooklyn(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
jezuzboi:
grin
Ma Nigga, where have you been now?? cheesy
Re: MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) by jezuzboi(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Ma Nigga, where have you been now?? cheesy
My broe, I've been around ooh...
Re: MY LEAVE (A Sad Tale Of A Princess And Her Throne) by McBrooklyn(m): 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
jezuzboi:

My broe, I've been around ooh...

Why you con dey lowkey now?? Abi recession reach your own side too?? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Men Only: TOP 10 Lies Women Tell Their Men / See How Boy Bathes Girl With Acid On Her Birthday - Photo / For Guys Only: Is It Fashionable To Show Off That Male Bulge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.