Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs (12965 Views)

774,000 Jobs: FG Retains 15% Slot Allocation To Ministers, Governors, Others / 774,000 Jobs: Soldiers Beat Up Applicants In Ibadan (video) / How 11,000 Jobs Can Be Created Using Public Toilets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by maclatunji: 12:28am On Mar 24, 2017
About 50, 000 jobs have been created in the country following the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the supply of phosphate between the Nigerian and the Moroccan government.

Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Kacalla Baru disclosed this on Thursday while receiving the National Coordinator of The New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD-Nigeria), Princess Gloria Akobundu, at the NNPC Towers.

Dr. Baru who noted that the MoU between the two countries was for the supply of phosphate to rejuvenate agriculture by making fertilizer available and affordable, confirmed that the deal has started yielding positive results in the country.

He said: “The Moroccans have already supplied a cargo of phosphate which has been delivered to various blending plants across the country. Already, eleven blending plants have come into production because of the supply.

“I am happy to inform you that this development has translated to the creation of about 50, 000 jobs and led to the production of about 1.3million tonnes of fertilizer in the country,” Dr. Baru stated.

Following the arrival of the first consignment, the Moroccans have also given Nigeria a generous credit term of 90 days and they are planning to bring in more cargoes that will fit the various blending plants in the country, Dr. Baru added.

According to the GMD, aside been a huge boost to the Nigerian agricultural sector and the economy, this partnership is expected to boost bilateral relationship between the two countries, in line with NEPAD’s objective of championing regional economic partnerships and integration.

The GMD observed that NEPAD’s visit coincided with NNPC’s journey towards becoming commercially-viable world-class oil and gas company hinged on the principle of transparency, openness and accountability.

He further noted that the NNPC under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari has taken some far-reaching measures to address some of its challenges, created largely due to low commodity prices.

Dr. Baru also assured the delegation that the Trans-Saharan Gas Pipeline Project (TSGP), on which NNPC has had engagement with NEPAD in the past, is still on track and the Corporation would ensure continued collaboration towards the success of the project.

Earlier in her remarks, the National Coordinator, NEPAD-Nigeria, Princess Gloria Akobundu stated that they were in the NNPC to seek for areas of collaboration with the Corporation especially in their quest to promote regional integration on the continent.

“As NEPAD, we are mandated to identify and work with strategic partnersto facilitate, monitor and promote the implementation of developmental projects across the continent,” she stated.

Also on NEPAD’s entourage was the Director General of the Infrastructure Concession & Regulatory commission (ICRC), Alh. Aminu Dikko who stated that the TSGP is a very crucial project that will further boost regional integration of Africans.

Established by the African Union (AU) in 2001, NEPAD is charged with championing poverty eradication,, sustainable groth and development, mutual integration of Africa in the globalization process as well as women empowerment.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/nigeria-morocco-deal-creates-50000-jobs/
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by maclatunji: 12:29am On Mar 24, 2017
This is a positive development, Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44 come and share good news.

I am sure some people will whine as usual. It will not stop the wheels of progress only increase their blood pressure.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by mykelmeezy: 2:06am On Mar 24, 2017
bullshii

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 24, 2017
My President is working.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by Kelliebright(m): 7:23am On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by SexyNairalander: 7:24am On Mar 24, 2017
booked

I hope they use it well, cos one of the problem we have in this country is that everyone feel they are smart hence the corruption
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by Ola2004: 7:24am On Mar 24, 2017
Meanwhile
Meet Female hunter recurited by Nigerian army to fight bokoharam in sambisa is paid 10,000 naira monthly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xpNjBm0OsU
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by blazekicks: 7:24am On Mar 24, 2017
Not bad.

I sell quality classic handmade shoes for men. Check my profile for details cool
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by SFSNIPER(m): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2017
That partnership may jUst be worthwhile.
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by dessz(m): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2017
m
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by ken19: 7:25am On Mar 24, 2017
K
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by DannyJ19(m): 7:25am On Mar 24, 2017
alright
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by 0b10010011: 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari!

God bless The good people of Nigeria

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

Baba want to use hypertension, high BP and stroke to kill Wailers.

Can't imagine there bitter state as they read the development.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by sarahade(f): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Mtcheeeeew.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by fineyemi(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Nigerians won't be satisfied with this. Look at the man below me saying thrash and look at the lady above me saying gibberish
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by elijahsinto(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Issorite
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by Lakebeyin(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Pls, I jst dnt wana hear about the numbers to be employed alone, kindly employ us biko

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by RichThug(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017
the job dey and i am still jobless

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by PapaBrowne(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2017
Buhari is back and the lies have started again.

50,000 jobs in 11 blending plants??

See lies! That is 5,000 jobs per blending plant.

Not even a refinery employs that number of people. A blending plant wouldn't employ more than 50 workers. Asides where are these plants located?

Plus we have a fertilizer plant in Port Harcourt (Notore) and we are celebrating the importation of fertilizer from Morrocco??

When Jonathan was in power what we knew of was investments for the establishment of 3 new mega sized fertilizer plants (Dangote, Eleme & Honeywell)

And why is this happening at NNPC towers? What does NNPC have to do with Agriculture.

Finally, y'all remember when a call purportedly coming from Jonathan's camp was put through to the King of Morrocco just before the election? That was a scam perpetrated by the Buhari camp in collaboration with this Aboki Morroccan King. He is now being paid for the favor at the expense of Nigeria!!

Like I said, Buhari is back and the lies have started again. Buhari is back and the Fulani herdsmen have started their killing spree again!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 24, 2017
Those who got employed should come and testified

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by rawpadgin(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2017
not going to believe this until i see someone that knows someone that was employed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by vcente(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2017
SO WE HAVE STYLISHLY ADD FERTILIZER IMPORTATION TO LIST OF THINGS WE IMPORT

OK NAU

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by jazinogold(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2017
and the number of unemployed youth is still high....APC give us anoda lie jor

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by mradjoy(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2017
Good development
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by AlphaStyles(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2017
let's wait and see
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by ksbusari(m): 7:28am On Mar 24, 2017
Na only from insyd news u fit hear this?
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by Lakebeyin(m): 7:28am On Mar 24, 2017
Pls, I jst dnt wana hear about the numbers to be employed alone, kindly employ us biko.. There r numerous graduates sitting at home stil depending on there parents.
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by frank202012: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2017
nah Mr lie talk am ?
50,000 jobs, is it in the dream world?
where did the Chinese deal go to.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs by publicenemy(m): 7:32am On Mar 24, 2017
Sai baba

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Promasidor Pay Package / Nigeria Railway Corporation Recruitment / 200,000 Selected Unemployed Graduates To Start Work Soon - Vp Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.