Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? (5536 Views)

IPOB: "Why Didn’t Police Invite Army, Air Force Over Killer-herdsmen?"- Ohanaeze / IPOB: Why We Attacked Ike Ekweremadu In Germany / Go With Your Official Cars, Ortom Tells Outgoing LG Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 24, 2017
If IPOB continue on this route, I see them pushing back the actualization Biafra behind for the next 50 years. Although, I salute their courage, but their method is very questionable. I hope this error is corrected on time.

6 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Kondomatic(m): 8:18am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
there is nothing wrong in the name Delta Igbo, aka Aniomas.
Now focus on the topic
And I ask you, is that a tribe?

How many types of Igbos do we have?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2017
NormalCodes:
People are getting worked up for nothing. If you don't like how they operate, define the way forward, back it up with action, or forever be silent.
A good number of Ikwerre people in IPOB worked so hard to have PH as the base of the agitation.
It is a temporary move, it has been moved from Enugu to Aba to Onitsha/Nkpor and now to PH.
What this decision means is that they get to pick a closer location for May 30 remembrance, possibly Obigbo areas. After that it moves on somewhere else.
How many Ikwerres are in IPOB?

9 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:30am On Mar 24, 2017
blues2022:
help me ask the deluded Igbos.

12 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 8:30am On Mar 24, 2017
blues2022:
help me ask the deluded Igbos.

9 Likes

blues2022:
If IPOB continue on this route, I see them pushing back the actualization Biafra behind for the next 50 years. Although, I salute their courage, but their method is very questionable. I hope this error is corrected on time.
thank you. You nailed it.

7 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
thank you. You nailed it.
IPOB have done a lot, no doubt, but I will rather they focus on the unification of Igboid group, South South and South East, while tactically wooing other ethnic group in the Delta, without super-imposing Biafra on them. - that map of theirs is very annoying- If things are done properly, these groups will opt to join the movement easily without any issue. My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Fx55(m): 8:37am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
there is nothing wrong in the name Delta Igbo, aka Aniomas.
Now focus on the topic
My friend stop that nonsense! Which one is Delta Igbo? Have we ever heard of Ogun Yoruba or Kano Hausa?

The same way they created South-South. Keep the people permanently divided. So long as they're divided, they can never forge a common front and the drinkers of oil will continue guzzling the oil they so much love.

Back to the topic, there are thousands of Ikwerre members of IPOB. They were instrumental in reaching that decision. Biafra has never been an Igbo thing and I believe the people involved should be allowed to make their choices.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
don't even dream of starting ur stupid insults here on my thread.
Don't try it, take it to ur Radio Biafra facebook page of lunatics

I am not one who insults people, am telling u be warned.
There are a good number of videos relating to this issue on YouTube. Be guided Ugomba. That is all I am telling you.
This isn't ur favorite Urhobo, itsekiri Igbo Delta state squabbles.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2017
blues2022:

I don't know, but quite alot actually, they made a request, it was granted, the base will be moved on again next year, why all the fuss?

Each unit in pH done by Ikwerres record their meetings and post on Facebook, so I guess they have a good number of them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 24, 2017
NormalCodes:

I am one who insults people, am telling u be warned.
There are a good number of videos relating to this issue on YouTube. Be guided Ugomba. That is all I am telling you.
This isn't ur favorite Urhobo, itsekiri Igbo Delta state squabbles.
My brother, IPOB should learn to take criticism maturely. We Igbos are democrat by culture. We welcome divergent views and debate, that is what defines the core Igbo man. So please, don't attack a brother because his views is different from yours. Udo dirigi.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2017
Fx55:
My friend stop that nonsense! Which one is Delta Igbo? Have we ever heard of Ogun Yoruba or Kano Hausa?

The same way they created South-South. Keep the people permanently divided. So long as they're divided, they can never forge a common front and the drinkers of oil will continue guzzling the oil they so much love.

Back to the topic, there are thousands of Ikwerre members of IPOB. There were instrumental in reaching that decision. Biafra has never been an Igbo thing and I believe the people involved should be allowed to make their choices.

That is what I have been telling that guy, and this base isn't even permanent or structural, it is just in view of May 30th, after which it gets rotated again.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 24, 2017
blues2022:

My brother, IPOB should learn to take criticism maturely. We Igbos are democrat by culture. We welcome divergent views and debate, that is what defines the core Igbo man. So please, don't attack a brother because his views is different from yours. Udo dirigi.

I have not attacked anyone, am only telling him to be guided, with the tone he disparages IPOB and others. He doesn't have full info and he posts rubbish.

I'm not an IPOB member, I am only sympathetic and close follower of their activities.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Etogist: 9:00am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
Old Eastern region is gone, Phillip Effiong being Ojukwu no.2 means nothing.
Stop living in delusion, Did Rivers state government asked you Igbos to change the name of portharcourt?
The minorities are not asking for Refrendum and NO REFRENDUM will take place on their land.

Why are you afraid of referendum. You are afraid because the majority of the minorities are in full support of Biafra. I don't no why this should be your headache. Allow people to determine their own destiny.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Etogist: 9:05am On Mar 24, 2017
Kondomatic:
You're a deltan Igbo?

Please which tribe is that?
The name of his tribe is Niger Delta. grin
Kondomatic:
You're a deltan Igbo?

Please which tribe is that?
The name of his tribe is Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Kondomatic(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2017
Etogist:
The name of his tribe is Niger Delta. grin The name of his tribe is Niger Delta.
gringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Etogist: 9:12am On Mar 24, 2017
Kondomatic:
My sister, some things are better left ignored.

It's impossible for certain people to see anything good in IPOB. I personally don't like what they just did, Enugu as far as I am concerned is the capital of Biafra but recently, a thread was created on here and people from port and other minor tribes in Ndelta said that the reason they cannot support IPOB is because everything will be in South East and that they will still face the same thing they're facing in Nigeria now as a minority.

Now that the capital has been moved to their doorstep, they still cry foul.

There was a thread I read somewhere sometime ago and a question concerning the base of IPOB was raised and many South Southners said it should be in port Harcourt so that the minorities will have a feel of belonging.

Now it's there and they're crying foul.

If I had the power, I would create a Biafra for South Eastners alone.

Please don't mind the impostors they don't represent the views of Niger Deltans. They are here to bring discord among brothers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by loopman: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2017
Emycord:
Simple ! Cos its biafraland why are you people like this even dokubo has said biafra is not about igbos only. The other day ohaneze talk about extra state for se someone condemned them for doing igbo/se agenda that they should ask that non se igbos be included as a state in se and i think he is right. Now if the base is in core south east this same op will come around shouting that biafra is igbo agenda. To the end of causing hatred between us. For all those who think igbos will not be at peace with ss people, you can google it and see there has not been any igbo niger delta crisis or on any recorded history. What do you gain by tearing brothers apart so you can milk them of thier resources

You are Ibo.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2017
The vultures have arrived. See them viewing the thread.

1 Like

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by victorvezx(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2017
Etogist:

Why are you afraid of referendum. You are afraid because the majority of the minorities are in full support of Biafra. I don't no why this should be your headache. Allow people to determine their own destiny.
Nobody is afraid of referendum, but u must do it in the south east, not the south south because u own nothing there. The igbos in the south south are in the minority like other ethnic groups there and u will never lord over any one in that region or order them to do ur bidding

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by loopman: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
don't even dream of starting ur stupid insults here on my thread.
Don't try it, take it to ur Radio Biafra facebook page of lunatics

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You will find a whole lot of extremists on that page

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by victorvezx(m): 9:25am On Mar 24, 2017
Lol, igbos fighting for restoration of Biafra which will include the south east and south south, is like Russian wishing for the restoration of the Soviet Union. Russians were the largest ethnic group in the Soviet Union, they controlled both power and economy. It's always the largest ethnic group that regrets and always complain about the break up of region or country because they have lost all the privileges they ones enjoyed as majority, while the minorities enjoy Their freedoms from the majority.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Abagworo(m): 9:26am On Mar 24, 2017
IPOB is just a destabilizing strategy employed by PDP to create chaos for Buhari Government. Some of these young men risking their lives and dying for nothing were brainwashed by the lies and propaganda of radio biafra. One cannot engage in meaningful discussion with these people as they seem mentally deranged and accept whatever illogical nonsense from radio biagra as the truth. Rumuokwurusi boys killed 2 of them during their last protest which the security agencies helped avert bloody clash only for the radio biagra to lie that it was security agents that killed them. Anyone in doubt should visit Rumuokwurusi hoods and hear the boys boast openly about it. Rivers is not interested in biagra. Even though there exists pockets of their supporters an overwhelming majority is committed to one Nigeria or Niger Delta autonomy.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2017
Etogist:

majority of minorities in support of biafra?
keep on lying to urselves on radio biafra.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Etogist: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2017
victorvezx:

Nobody is afraid of referendum, but u must do it in the south east, not the south south because u own nothing there. The igbos in the south south are in the minority like other ethnic groups there and u will never lord over any one in that region or order them to do ur bidding

So, What if they want Biafra more than the Igbos in the SE? No body is ordering anybody, you're only afraid of the outcome of a referendum in the SS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by victorvezx(m): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2017
Etogist:

So, What if they want Biafra more than the Igbos in the SE? No body is ordering anybody, you're only afraid of the outcome of a referendum in the SS.
But they have rebuked u times without number that they have nothing to do with Biafra, they have warned u Ipob several times to redraw ur map and exclude them. I can't even count how many times the Niger deltans have warned u people. But being greedy as ur tribe is, Ipob still Insist on saying Niger delta is part of Biafra

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2017
@Abagworo.
you just nailed it. imagine the kind of crisis these declaration is going to generate?
Ipob are embarrasing Igbos. simple

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Ugomba(m): 9:40am On Mar 24, 2017
loopman:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You will find a whole lot of extremists on that page
lunatics are many there on the page.
let them keep deceiving themselves, the minorites will never join biafra and no refrendum will occur on their land because they never asked for one.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Alexrayz(m): 9:42am On Mar 24, 2017
Emycord:
Simple ! Cos its biafraland why are you people like this even dokubo has said biafra is not about igbos only. The other day ohaneze talk about extra state for se someone condemned them for doing igbo/se agenda that they should ask that non se igbos be included as a state in se and i think he is right. Now if the base is in core south east this same op will come around shouting that biafra is igbo agenda. To the end of causing hatred between us. For all those who think igbos will not be at peace with ss people, you can google it and see there has not been any igbo niger delta crisis or on any recorded history. What do you gain by tearing brothers apart so you can milk them of thier resources

Pls is Biafra not an only Igbo agenda who is following guys to play ur confused game Pls o na only una waka come o
Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 24, 2017
Ugomba:
You nailed it. I can smell a violent protest against this IPOB Decision warming up.
If you suggest something to them, they will rain insults on you.

I seriously seriously doubt there'll be any such protest.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 24, 2017
[s]
Amarabae:
I corrected them in a thread yesterday night and you need to see the insults they poured on me.
It was like I was facing misogynist who hate the opinion of a woman in anything that concerns Biafra agitation.
They want you to tell them what they want to hear, if you do otherwise, then get ready for their insults.
I support Nnamdi Kanu for showing bravery in speaking up against the injustice and marginalization in this country, and I will continue to lend my voice to his release.
But some of the methods of the Igbos, I just don't understand it.
I pray that this latest declaration of PH as their official base do not lead to crisis.
[/s]

You've come with that misogynist crap again. When women fail to put forward salient points and hence lose the argument they call everyone misogynist. You see how people behave?! Okay o.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB, Why Choosing Portharcourt As Your Official Base? by Marcelo290(m): 9:56am On Mar 24, 2017
Dear Ugomba, it is with a heart filled with anger and shame I write this to u. Firstly, I think there is a need to allow people fight for their ideology, U and your cohorts have made we the igbo race a laughing stock and a subject of ridicule to all. U keep talking of referendum and using the right methodology like u don't know the country we are in, I would also appreciate if u explain to me better why u called people fighting for what they believe in lunatics and other derogatory names.

On the issue of the base moved to PH, I don't see how and why it should be a bother to you. for your info, there are those from SS who are in full support of the said movement, that u are not in support is nobody's business and I would enjoin u to stop crying more than the bereaved. If it is in SE, the minorities in the SS would complain, now it is in the SS and and u still complaining. Again, I would also advice u and your cohorts to read this letter with all objectivity devoid of hate, also be mindful of the words u use, and lastly, avoid committing the fallacy of hasty generalizations, this fight didn't start today, it started from the time of our fathers, I would advice u go and read your history books, Biafra is not something of the Igbos or SE alone....

From a proud Igbo cum Biafran!✌✌

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ozubulu Killing: FG, Fulani CP Trying To Cover The Truth - FFK / JUST In:kaduna Court Upholds El-rufai’s Nomination As APC Governorship Candidate / Manufacturers Association Of Nigeria , LCCI Lament Drop In Power Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.