Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 (18842 Views)

Getting Closer To Allah - A Brother Needs Your Advice / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Lagosboy: 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2010
Even uplawal has been missing for the last week , i havent come across her posts which is unusual
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by FayeZik(f): 3:23am On Mar 26, 2010
A good point u hv made Muhsin. We shud always ask about each
Other, to initiate this, how about sending our contacts to Jarus so that noone will
Be incommunicado. What do u think guys?
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 26, 2010
FayeZik:

Other, to initiate this, how about sending our contacts to Jarus so that noone will
Be incommunicado.
What do u think guys?
If anyone is interested in this idea, I can be reached at jarusnairaland@yahoo.com
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by muhsin(m): 11:33am On Mar 30, 2010
Lagosboy:

Even uplawal has been missing for the last week , i havent come across her posts which is unusual

I hope she's doing fine wherever she's been.

FayeZik:

Be incommunicado. What do u think guys?

Contact like how? Physical address? Any way, Jarus already has my phone no. and e-mail address. And I give him all permission to share it with anyone interested.

@All,

Where are you, brothers and sisters? Hope you've been doing good.

I have been going to court these days; I was robbed by a "friend" while in Mosque attending Subhi prayer days ago. The thief was caught and all the things he had taken found in his room while searching. Since then I haven't been resting; sympathisers calls, visits, messages. . . And the case is still in court. I should have been there today 11am. I only refused to be there exactly that time seeing our case was only heard some minutes to 4:00pm yesterday.

Will, inshaAllah, update you when I get back.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by chakula: 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
Salam,

@muhsin,

luckly enough your properties that has been stolen by the victim were also founded,Praise be to Allah, that He escaped your belongings back to you.

I prayed to Almigthy Allah for preventing our life,wealth and all our belongings and to bestowed His mercy upon us in this world and hereafter. Ameen.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by muhsin(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2010
Thanks, Chakula

The thief was whipped 50 times, and was asked to either pay N20,000 fine or spend 20 months in prison. Since nobody stands for him he's to do the latter punishment. Pity.

Thanks to the Lord of the Universe.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by mukina2: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
wow Muhsin, Alhamdulilah you could get your things back and the thief was caught smiley
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by muhsin(m): 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hmm. . .this is life. The guy has been my "friend" for nearly 5 years. But look at how he betrayed me. . .
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
I got this from a sister who prefers anonymity. Your sincere, honest advice based on Qur'an, Sunnah and useful experience is needed.

[b]Salam alaykum, am a nairaland member and I need this to be posted on the 'muslims, whats happening in your life section'.please let me know if you want it edited.

I come from a traditional Muslim home. The kind where you have to wear your hijab even as a kid and even the one yr old joins in the congregational prayer. A lot has happened in my life that so much affect me now because of my family.

It is a polygamous one and I must tell you that I don’t blame that aspect of Islam for my problems but the truth is, if I can date ever having a problem back, It was when my dad had another wife.

It was the first time I ever knew parents quarrel. To not go into details, a lot happened to my mum, my siblings and I. The effect of these on me especially as female is a wound, hard to heal. I just think speaking out & getting other people’s views while enjoying the anonymity here would help me out.

I say things like I would never ever let what happened to my mum happen to me nor let my children face what I did, No man will ever treat me like that and these have turned me into some kind of strong woman.

A lot of people tell me how nice I am & I Know am very patient with people but when I think marriage and its blues, am something else. In fact, when I think marriage, I think divorce. At least when you are going into something, you should know how to get out of it.

To achieve these, I work hard. I want to make my own money, be independent, resourceful. There is nothing wrong with all of these but mine has got an extra edge.

When I love people, I give them my all- my girl friends, siblings and I so much want to have a good home, the loveliest children, most wonderful mother-in-law. But, I don’t think I’ll be able to put up with the Yoruba belief that the woman has to tolerate the man no matter what, especially for the children’s sake. I just would not be able to tolerate any form of dictatorship over me.

I know I am not alone in this. I have seen girls who have the same thoughts as me. Even my mum never told me not to think this way and I say these to my brothers too. What do you think. Am sure I can do with some useful advice.[/b]

Kindly drop your advice if you have any. If you wish like advising the sister off-NL, you may send a mail to jarusnairaland@yahoo.com and I'll link you up.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by truly: 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2010
Salaam,

Please check out this link
Were a muslim remotely connected, everybody would have been posting why we need to break up this country
or stop muslims from wearing Hijab etc

"Christians Al-queida Has Started In America, Watch Out!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-421918.0.html#msg5798362"

This is the website of the terrorists www.hutaree.com
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by muhsin(m): 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
Jarus:

I got this from a sister who prefers anonymity. Your sincere, honest advice based on Qur'an, Sunnah and useful experience is needed.

[b]Salam alaykum, am a nairaland member and I need this to be posted on the 'muslims, whats happening in your life section'.please let me know if you want it edited.

I come from a traditional Muslim home. The kind where you have to wear your hijab even as a kid and even the one yr old joins in the congregational prayer. A lot has happened in my life that so much affect me now because of my family.

It is a polygamous one and I must tell you that I don’t blame that aspect of Islam for my problems but the truth is, if I can date ever having a problem back, It was when my dad had another wife.

It was the first time I ever knew parents quarrel. To not go into details, a lot happened to my mum, my siblings and I. The effect of these on me especially as female is a wound, hard to heal. I just think speaking out & getting other people’s views while enjoying the anonymity here would help me out.

I say things like I would never ever let what happened to my mum happen to me nor let my children face what I did, No man will ever treat me like that and these have turned me into some kind of strong woman.

A lot of people tell me how nice I am & I Know am very patient with people but when I think marriage and its blues, am something else. In fact, when I think marriage, I think divorce. At least when you are going into something, you should know how to get out of it.

To achieve these, I work hard. I want to make my own money, be independent, resourceful. There is nothing wrong with all of these but mine has got an extra edge.

When I love people, I give them my all- my girl friends, siblings and I so much want to have a good home, the loveliest children, most wonderful mother-in-law. But, I don’t think I’ll be able to put up with the Yoruba belief that the woman has to tolerate the man no matter what, especially for the children’s sake. I just would not be able to tolerate any form of dictatorship over me.

I know I am not alone in this. I have seen girls who have the same thoughts as me. Even my mum never told me not to think this way and I say these to my brothers too. What do you think. Am sure I can do with some useful advice.[/b]

Kindly drop your advice if you have any. If you wish like advising the sister off-NL, you may send a mail to jarusnairaland@yahoo.com and I'll link you up.

Actually I tried "nail and tooth" to fathom the exact problem of that Sister from that post but I can't. I wonder how: does it have anything to do with my being a non-Yoruba as I see the problem has some tribal predilection; or my being a male (not female) and young? Can't say.

Nevertheless I'll inshaAllah be putting her in my prayers for Allah to solve whatsoever is the problem she faces. May Allah come to your rescue, sis.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by justfash50: 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2010
Salam @all

I dont really know where exactly to start advising the lady in question before sending it to Jarus.

Can the sister shed more lite i.e is she in a relationship or about to.

@all

You are cordially invited to my Nikkah come May 1st 2010.

Please remember me in your prayers.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by zayhal(f): 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
Asalam alaykum all,

thanks for asking after run-aways like me. It's been a really busy world out here. So I continously appreciate the effort of you guys who keep this section alive. Jazakumullah khayran.

justfash50, may Allah make d day a pleasant one for you, bless your nikkah and never give you cause to regret going into it. Please send us the address, is it Lagos?

The anonymous sister, I think you should try and leave what happened in your parents home behind you and move on with life. You should'nt go into marriage with the thought of opting out at the slightest excuse. This is why we have a very high rate of divorce these days: Lack of commitment.

No woman wants to be overridden by any man, but every muslim woman must remember that men have been placed as heads of women. The truth of the matter is that no sincere, conscious muslim man would treat his wife with disdain or handle her roughly. He'll always remember the Prophet's saying that 'The best amongst you are those that treat their womn well' (am not sure I get the quote right but am sure that's the content of the hadith).

So what you should pray for as you go into marriage is a pious muslim who'll treat you according to the teachings of Islam. Monogamy or polygeny has little to do with a man's attitude towards his wife. Agood man will remain good and a bad one will remain bad whether in monogamy or polygeny.

@Muhsin
That was an interesting story. Alhamdulilah d thief was caught. may Allah's protection continue to be over us al the time.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by justfash50: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2010
@advice for sister

you have said it all.hope the sister would heed your call to ensure she find a conscious muslim who is versed in .the deen.

Thanks for the prayer.

The Nikkah IS IN LAGOS.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by FayeZik(f): 4:14am On Apr 02, 2010
@justfash50
Congratulations. I would have love to come since I'm coming to Nigeria very soon but would not stay for too long. May Allah bless the wedding and let you both enjoy your life TOGETHER FOREVER.

@ Our dear sister via Jarus
Zayhal has done a good job. Do not let what happened btwn your parents hunder your thought of marriage. There are good men just as there are bad men. Just pray that you meet and get married to the love of your life, who will cater to all your needs, physically, financially. mentally and wholeheartedly. The one that will love you unconditionally. May God guide and show us the right direction in all our endeavors. (Amen)

@ Jarus

Any word from Hadji Olabs or Abu yet? What about uplawal? Anyway, I will forward you my contacts soon.

@Musihn
We have Allah to thank for the thief being caught, May He always protect us. Let's not forget to pray for that brother that stole your things, may Allah show him the right path, and let him be contented with whatever he has, and be a useful person to his family, his nation , the muslim community and the world as a whole. (Ameen).
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by deols(f): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2010
justfash50:

@all

You are cordially invited to my Nikkah come May 1st 2010.

Please remember me in your prayers.

Your invite has no details. You never can tell who might be interested in coming.lol

@ d anonymous sister,
As earlier said, put your family behind you and move forward
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by muhsin(m): 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2010
Salam, zayhal, FayeZik and all

Thanks for your words. I thank Allah, the Exalted, and at the same time pray to him to guide the misguided fellow, meaning the thief.

@Justfash50,

May Allah, the Exalted, bless your nikkah, amin.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by justfash50: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2010
@all

This is an Official Invitation to honour me on the 1st of May 2010 for my Nikkah ceremony at Ansarudeen Central Mosque in Festac, 24 road, 72 junction.

Thanks in anticipation for honouring me on that day.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nanai: 1:53am On Apr 09, 2010
@Justfash50:May Allah bless the marriage and bless whatever He gives you as a result.Ameen.

@Anonymous Sis:May Allah (SWT) help you through this.May He, in His infinite mercy,, give you the strength to put the past behind you.
I was in a similar situation and during my service year, I was fortunate enough to meet a sister much older than I am and who has the same background.We came very close such that we could open up to each other.She's always very happy and cheerful.I asked her the secret behind it and the advice she gave me was that:

I have a life and I have the right to be happy.Whatever has happened between my parents is between them.I have a duty to each of them and under no circumstance should I get myself involved in their problems.The only thing I can do is to pray for both of them.And when I get married, the only thing that will make me happy is to ensure that I fulfill all my duties; never ever should I demand my rights from my husband.I should do all I'm supposed to do and in the event that he does not fulfill hid duties, Allah is always just. BUT I should make sure that I marry someone religious, as adviced by the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). Please think about it.May Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) guide us aright.Ameen.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by deols(f): 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2010
Nanai:

@Justfash50:May Allah bless the marriage and bless whatever He gives you as a result.Ameen.

@Anonymous Sis:May Allah (SWT) help you through this.May He, in His infinite mercy,, give you the strength to put the past behind you.
I was in a similar situation and during my service year, I was fortunate enough to meet a sister much older than I am and who has the same background.We came very close such that we could open up to each other.She's always very happy and cheerful.I asked her the secret behind it and the advice she gave me was that:

I have a life and I have the right to be happy.Whatever has happened between my parents is between them.I have a duty to each of them and under no circumstance should I get myself involved in their problems.The only thing I can do is to pray for both of them.And when I get married, the only thing that will make me happy is to ensure that I fulfill all my duties; never ever should I demand my rights from my husband.I should do all I'm supposed to do and in the event that he does not fulfill hid duties, Allah is always just. BUT I should make sure that I marry someone religious, as adviced by the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). Please think about it.May Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) guide us aright.Ameen.
I like ds
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by ayinba1(f): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
@justfash
Congratulations and blessings of Allah be upon your union, Amin.

@Brothers and sisters;

Please Pray for me, I am facing some challenges. Sometimes, I wonder why my life is so interesting, but then I always say Alhamdulillah!
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
ayinba1:

@Brothers and sisters;

Please Pray for me, I am facing some challenges. Sometimes, I wonder why my life is so interesting, but then I always say Alhamdulillah!

The Lord is your strength young woman.
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by ayinba1(f): 12:01am On Apr 10, 2010
Aafa Dawodu,

Thank you! How body?
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 10, 2010
aunty ayinba1, we dey kampe. How about you?
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2010
My Alu-Sunna,pls and pls,my Aqd Nikkah is on the way,would let you know the time,pls i want you people to come,would holla you when is time,sorry been busy lately
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2010
uplawal:

My Alu-Sunna,pls and pls,my Aqd Nikkah is on the way,would let you know the time,pls i want you people to come,would holla you when is time,sorry been busy lately

Is this to Abuzola? grin Congratulations!

Are we invited too?
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by dominique(f): 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2010
@uplawal
congrats. may Allah bless your union smiley
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by mukina2: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2010
amin ! smiley
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2010
@davidlyan,wetin be your own,if u can make it,why not
@mukina,thank you
@dominique,thank you for the prayer
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2010
uplawal:

@davidlyan,wetin be your own,if u can make it,why not
@mukina,thank you
@dominique,thank you for the prayer

where is the wedding taking place?
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2010
london
Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by ronkeenuf(f): 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2010
Congrats uplawal, May Allah bestow on you all the goodies there is in marriage,amin. i missed you oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy / Fatwa On Muslims Congratulating Non-muslims On Their Holidays / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.