Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? (6996 Views)

Why Did Jesus Pray For God To Sanctify His Disciples With Truth? / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq / Christians And Muslims, Do You Hold All Biblical Prophets In High Esteem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
aminusanti, udatso, friendchoice, rilwayne001, truthsman2012, plapville, annunaki2, iwan2knowgod, lexiconkabir, ilynem

Hi everyone,

One thing i find funny is how Muslims love to claim that the bible has been corrupted but still pick verses from it when those verses seem to agree with their belief. Any verse that disagrees or contradicts their belief is immediately branded as one of the corruptions of the bible.

I believe you must have come across the below picture circulating the internet. Muslims use it to make claims that Yahshua the Messiah was a Muslim cos Mathew 26:39 states that he fell on his face to pray, something they say is similar to how they pray. Nowhere in the entire bible did Yahshua the Messiah order Christians to pray in that manner, that's why Christians can pray lying down, sitting down, standing up etc. It is even recorded that Yahshua prayed while in different position.

John 17:1

When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You.

If Yahshua was a Muslim cos Islamists say he fell on his face and prayed, then how come Muslims don't lift their eyes to heaven to pray like he also did in the above verse?

If you look at the below picture very well and also all the other of such picture circulating social media, you will realize that they never quote the entire verse of Mathew 26:39. Why is that so?

It is so because they know that it rubbishes the lies of Islam.

Islam and the Quran say God has no Son at all.

Quran 17:111

and say:"All praise is due to God, who begets no offspring, and has no partner in His dominion, and has no weakness, and therefore no need of any aid" -and [thus] extol His limitless greatness. - (Asad)

But in the verse that these Muslims love to quote to support their form of worship, we find Yahshua proving them wrong.

Mathew 26:39

And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will."

Did you notice Yahshua calling God his Father? That means he's God's Son. So, every time Muslims quote that verse to support their form of worship, tell them they are shooting themselves in the foot cos the same verse shows God to be Yahshua's Father, a thing which their Quran rejects.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by felixomor: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
Good exposé.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by annunaki2(m): 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Muslims and Islam are so full of contradictions, bunch of useless hypocrites angry it must really be a stoopid feeling being a Muslim. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Origin(f): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
My brother no too confuse. Because Isa taught us to pray "Our father who art in heaven".

Let me direct you to a site for review so you can ascertain how the translations of the bible has come into being.

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html

Wikipedia can also be of help. Or just google it.

You say God has a son. We say God is above that. You worship Isa, Muslims do not. When Isa said " Hear o Israel thy Lord thy God is One"

Kneeling and prostrating are all forms of worship.

Clapping singing dancing have never been forms of worship.

If I call God "My father, My Lord, My King" does that make me and God equal. Or does it reduce the fact that I am mere pencil in the hand of the creator.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Origin:
My brother no too confuse. Because Isa taught us to pray "Our father who art in heaven".

Let me direct you to a site for review so you can ascertain how the translations of the bible has come into being.

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html

Wikipedia can also be of help. Or just google it.

You say God has a son. We say God is above that. You worship Isa, Muslims do not. When Isa said " Hear o Israel thy Lord thy God is One"

Kneeling and prostrating are all forms of worship.

Clapping singing dancing have never been forms of worship.

If I call God "My father, My Lord, My King" does that make me and God equal. Or does it reduce the fact that I am mere pencil in the hand of the creator.
Christ himself says he's the SON of GOD.

When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come.Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You.

If Isa taught you to pray ''our father'', then why don't you muslims pray in that manner but rather prefer to hit your head on the ground while mumbling some silent words?

4 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by DirewolfofStark(m): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Hi everyone,

One thing i find funny is how Muslims love to claim that the bible has been corrupted but still pick verses from it when those verses seem to agree with their belief. Any verse that disagrees or contradicts their belief is immediately branded as one of the corruptions of the bible.

I believe you must have come across the below picture circulating the internet. Muslims use it to make claims that Yahshua the Messiah was a Muslim cos Mathew 26:39 states that he fell on his face to pray, something they say is similar to how they pray. Nowhere in the entire bible did Yahshua the Messiah order Christians to pray in that manner, that's why Christians can pray lying down, sitting down, standing up etc. It is even recorded that Yahshua prayed while in different position.

When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You.

If Yahshua was a Muslim cos Islamists say he fell on his face and prayed, then how come Muslims don't lift their eyes to heaven to pray like he also did in the above verse?

If you look at the below picture very well and also all the other of such picture circulating social media, you will realize that they never quote the entire verse of Mathew 26:39. Why is that so?

It is so because they know that it rubbishes the lies of Islam.

Islam and the Quran say God has no Son at all.

Quran 17:111

and say:"All praise is due to God, who begets no offspring, and has no partner in His dominion, and has no weakness, and therefore no need of any aid" -and [thus] extol His limitless greatness. - (Asad)

But in the verse that these Muslims love to quote to support their form of worship, we find Yahshua proving them wrong.

Mathew 26:39

And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will."

Did you notice Yahshua calling God his Father? That means he's God's Son. So, every time Muslims quote that verse to support their form of worship, tell them they are shooting themselves in the foot cos the same verse shows God to be Yahshua's Father, a thing which their Quran rejects.

Muslims think everyone is as gullible as they are. In Christianity, the physical posture you adopt while praying means absolutely nothing. It is the sincerety of the your heart towards God that determines the pureness of a Christians prayers.

Jesus said in John 4:23 that:

....The true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

That is foundation upon which Christian prayer is built. On spiritual conviction and truth.

As you have mentioned my brother, Jesus also prayed by lifting his eyes to the heavens in John 17:1

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee......

Compare Jesus' lifting of his eyes towards heaven with what Muhammad said about praying in this manner:

Allah's Apostle said: People should avoid lifting their eyes towards the sky while supplicating in prayer, otherwise their eyes would be snatched away

Sahih Muslim vol. I, nos. 863 Chapter CLXXIII

And you can see that Muslims are a confused and pitiful lot of people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Demmzy15(m): 7:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

[s]Muslims think everyone is as gullible as they are. In Christianity, the physical posture you adopt while praying means absolutely nothing. It is the sincerety of the your heart towards God that determines the pureness of a Christians prayers.

....The true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

That is foundation upon which Christian prayer is built. On spiritual conviction and truth.

As you have mentioned my brother, Jesus also prayed by lifting his eyes to the heavens in John 17:1

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee......

Compare Jesus' lifting of his eyes towards heaven with what Muhammad said about praying in this manner:

Allah's Apostle said: People should avoid lifting their eyes towards the sky while supplicating in prayer, otherwise their eyes would be snatched away

And you can see that Muslims are a confused and pitiful lot of people.[/s]
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by DirewolfofStark(m): 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=Demmzy15 post=54911763][/quote]

Muslims think everyone is as gullible as they are. In Christianity, the physical posture you adopt while praying means absolutely nothing. It is the sincerety of the your heart towards God that determines the pureness of a Christians prayers.

And you can see that Muslims are a confused and pitiful lot of people.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Demmzy15(m): 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

I just dey observe you for this Nairaland, I never get your time!
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by DirewolfofStark(m): 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
Demmzy15:
I just dey observe you for this Nairaland, I never get your time!

You never get my time, but you dey observe me. You are sounding as confused and deluded as one illiterate pedophile arabian "prophet" I know grin

4 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Demmzy15(m): 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

Toh, go and ask your predecessors on how we dealt with them, the other Palestine thread you were smoked out. Just dey watch!
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by DirewolfofStark(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Demmzy15:
Toh, go and ask your predecessors on how we dealt with them, the other Palestine thread you were smoked out. Just dey watch!

What predecessors? And what smoked out? Last time I checked, Jews are still living in Israel, so what did your Nairaland antics achieve for you? You seem not to understand how insignificant you are in the world. Just like a certain illiterate pedophile Arabic "prophet" grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Demmzy15(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by biomustry: 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Christ himself says he's the SON of GOD.

When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come.Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You.

If Isa taught you to pray ''our father'', then why don't you muslims pray in that manner but rather prefer to hit your head on the ground while mumbling some silent words?
Don't get cocky much, there are lots of sons of god, nothing special
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Demmzy15:
i dont know abt the other thread but each time i try to discuss islam the mods move the thread to islam subforum. It is like they are scared to allow u explain ur faith.

3 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by plainbibletruth: 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
i dont know abt the other thread but each time i try to discuss islam the mods move the thread to islam subforum. It is like they are scared to allow u explain ur faith.
You're not alone.

I think it's a plot contrived to achieve some dubious thing.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
plainbibletruth:
You're not alone.
So do i

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by annunaki2(m): 6:13am On Mar 25, 2017
plainbibletruth:

You're not alone.

Everything about Islam is dubious.

3 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 9:49am On Mar 27, 2017
annunaki2:

Everything about Islam is dubious.
Do you know that since i've been exposing Islamic deception on nairaland, Al taquiyya masters like friendchoice, aminusanti, udatso, empiree, rilwayne001 etc have all been scared to open threads or contribute to threads that exposes Islam?

4 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Rilwayne001: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2017
grin grin mumu
alBHAGDADI:
Do you know that since i've been exposing Islamic deception on nairaland, Al taquiyya masters like frilwayne001 etc have all been scared to open threads or contribute to threads that exposes Islam?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by biomustry: 10:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Did he actually beat drums upandan like christians do? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by gabe: 10:29am On Mar 27, 2017
Jews pray 5 times a day. Jesus was a jew so he prayed like one. Moslems do d same, Jews do abulution before prayer. Same for moslems. Jews recite the shammah y'israel: hear o israel, d Lord ur God is one. Moslems: i declare there is only one God, and mohammed is his messenger. Jews pray facing jerusalem. Moslems face mecca. Judaism was up to 1000 yrs before Islam. Please be honest to yourself:who copied who?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 11:04am On Mar 27, 2017
gabe:
Jews pray 5 times a day. Jesus was a jew so he prayed like one. Moslems do d same, Jews do abulution before prayer. Same for moslems. Jews recite the shammah y'israel: hear o israel, d Lord ur God is one. Moslems: i declare there is only one God, and mohammed is his messenger. Jews pray facing jerusalem. Moslems face mecca. Judaism was up to 1000 yrs before Islam. Please be honest to yourself:who copied who?
Can muslims scream YAHWEH IS GREAT in their mosques and mecca?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by EazyMoh(m): 11:29am On Mar 27, 2017
confused fella and his co-drifters.
Jesus being alleged son of God and falling on his face to the ground and praying are two different things. You can't use one's argument to defend the other. Your thread is about how Jesus fell on his face and prayed, If you want to talk about how you believed Jesus was "biological" begotten son of God you can as usual open another thread.
To the topic, You agreed that Jesus indeed fell on his face to the ground and he termed it PRAYING. Now the question is How many times have you (or any other Christian) tried to be Christ-like in this particular mode of prayer. Chances are you have never done that.
Instead you hide behind "praying" in whatever form and manner you like, that's how your Pastors end up raping married women under the guise of special prayer, overnight, in his room, with lights off.....
Also ask yourselves has Jesus ever prayed dancing shoki and twerking ladies?
How is your mode of worship ever Christ-like?
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 11:47am On Mar 27, 2017
EazyMoh:
confused fella and his co-drifters.
Jesus being alleged son of God and falling on his face to the ground and praying are two different things. You can't use one's argument to defend the other. Your thread is about how Jesus fell on his face and prayed, If you want to talk about how you believed Jesus was "biological" begotten son of God you can as usual open another thread.
To the topic, You agreed that Jesus indeed fell on his face to the ground and he termed it PRAYING. Now the question is How many times have you (or any other Christian) tried to be Christ-like in this particular mode of prayer. Chances are you have never done that.
Instead you hide behind "praying" in whatever form and manner you like, that's how your Pastors end up raping married women under the guise of special prayer, overnight, in his room, with lights off.....
Also ask yourselves has Jesus ever prayed dancing shoki and twerking ladies?
How is your mode of worship ever Christ-like?
Keep deceiving yourself.
If you want a debate about how Yahshua is the begotten son of God, you can check the below thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3641267/christians-muslims-where-did-christ

Meanwhile, christ didn't have a particular posture for prayer. He probably fell on his face cos he found the pain he was about to face overwhelming. He himself never ordered us to pray in any posture, he only told us to pray in private and not in public where people can see us. If he wanted us to pray in a certain posture, he would have said so when he taught his disciples how to pray. Don't you think that would have been a perfect time to do such?

Matthew 6:9-13New International Version (NIV)

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.

Your talk of pastors sleeping with church members doesn't hold water cos Imams and alfas do the same too. Whataever does men do is of their own accord as long as you can't find anyway that can be linked to christ. But mohammad inspired those imams and alfas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by EazyMoh(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
If you want a debate about how Yahshua is the begotten son of God, you can check the below thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3641267/christians-muslims-where-did-christ

Meanwhile, christ didn't have a particular posture for prayer. He probably fell on his face cos he found the pain he was about to face overwhelming. He himself never ordered us to pray in any posture, he only told us to pray in private and not in public where people can see us. If he wanted us to pray in a certain posture, he would have said so when he taught his disciples how to pray. Don't you think that would have been a perfect time to do such?

Matthew 6:9-13New International Version (NIV)

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.

Your talk of pastors sleeping with church members doesn't hold water cos Imams and alfas do the same too. Whataever does men do is of their own accord as long as you can't find anyway that can be linked to christ. But mohammad inspired those imams and alfas.
So you are aware of that thread why then are trying to use as a lame defense?
Anyway I thought the whole point of being a Christian is to be Christ-like, but to you imitating him especially in the acts of worship isn't, only doing what he commands is?
Keep your confused religion to yourself, do not worship like Jesus did in that verse, continue to to introduce new beats and dance steps in your so called worships while we Muslims strive to imitate the actions of great servants of God Almighty... Musa, Ibrahim, Haroun, Isah, Yahya.... may the peace and blessings of God be with them all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
EazyMoh:

So you are aware of that thread why then are trying to use as a lame defense?
Anyway I thought the whole point of being a Christian is to be Christ-like, but to you imitating him especially in the acts of worship isn't, only doing what he commands is?
Keep your confused religion to yourself, do not worship like Jesus did in that verse, continue to to introduce new beats and dance steps in your so called worships while we Muslims strive to imitate the actions of great servants of God Almighty... Musa, Ibrahim, Haroun, Isah, Yahya.... may the peace and blessings of God be with them all.
When are you going to immitate mohammad? When are you going to kill a jew, rape a child, marry 11 wives, drink carmel urine like he did?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Image123(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
What's the point of praying like Jesus and not believing in Jesus or accepting Him as your Lord and personal Saviour again? Pointless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by EazyMoh(m): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
When are you going to immitate mohammad? When are you going to kill a jew, rape a child, marry 11 wives, drink carmel urine like he did?
Lol! So how's that your headache? You don't see me opening thread asking you to do anything.
On lighter note I will do all those when you start praying with your head to the ground like Jesus did.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Richirich713: 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Funny how they never quote the full verse, just cut out what they want. They more interested in his posture than what he's saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by annunaki2(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Do you know that since i've been exposing Islamic deception on nairaland, Al taquiyya masters like friendchoice, aminusanti, udatso, empiree, rilwayne001 etc have all been scared to open threads or contribute to threads that exposes Islam?

Do you blame them? God forbid but if you were a Muslim, you would have been hiding in shame as well. Islam is a very embarrassing religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Empiree: 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

If Yahshua was a Muslim cos Islamists say he fell on his face and prayed, then how come Muslims don't lift their eyes to heaven to pray like he also did in the above verse? .
Some muslims do in voluntary dua (prayer).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. / Living Faith, Winners Pastor Shot In The Head As He He Was Entering The Church!! / Shocking! Recorded Voice Tape of TB Joshua Bribing Journalists To tell Lies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.