Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising (10230 Views)

Please I Can't Pay For Facebook Ad With Mi Verve Card, Llelp!!! / Pay For Facebook Ads In Naira (with Pictures) / *FACEBOOK ADVERTISING PLACEMENTS (FACEBOOK ADS); Let Us Place Your Own Ads Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by chidextec: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

1. TARGETING IS KING

Ensure you have the right keywords panned out before you even open Power Editor or Facebook Ads Manager to start creating an ad. No matter how much you spend, if you target the wrong audience, you will not get the results you seek.

You can get highly targeted Keywords from Google Adwords. Facebook Insights also helps.

2. MORE IS BETTER

If you ever plan to place Ads on Facebook and you desire to see great Conversion rates, budget at least $50. I have a rule of thumb that guides me when placing Ads on Facebook -
Less than $50 – Like Campaigns, Blog Traffic
Above $50 – Product Page, Salesletter, Join Group

3. CREATE YOUR AUDIENCE FIRST

You get to know your Audience better when you create them from Facebook’s Super Software – AUDIENCE INSIGHTS. You need Google Chrome to access this feature which will give you greater insights on your target Audience than Ads Manager ever will.

4. NO TESTING, NO SCALING

Never ever scale your Ad until you have tested it and it has proven itself as a honeypot for your audience. I have seen people start untested Ads with $20! It sends shivers down my spine.

Endeavour to test your Ad-set to ensure it ‘fires’ right, displays right and converts right before scaling it up. For example, if you’re going to run a Page Like Campaign, run a $2 for 24 hours first. If done right, your Ad should record at least 30-40 Likes.

Anything short of this is Failure. Redesign your Ad and Test again or else you’ll be flushing hard earned currency down Zuckerberg’s pocket when you scale that Ad to $20 and above.

There are 3 Parameters/Metrics used in measuring the Success or Failure of any Facebook Ad -

i. CPR (Cost per Result) –The average cost per result from your ads. A CPR of $0.01 per Page like is Optimum. CPR of $0.30 upwards is Failure!

ii. Reach – The number of people who saw your ads at least once. Reach is different from impressions, which may include multiple views of your ads by the same people.

iii. Results – The number of times your ad achieved an outcome, based on the objective you selected.

5. INSTAGRAM? NEVER!

I once ran a $20 Ad on Facebook for 2 Days. Facebook diverted 90% of the Ad to Instagram and the post generated 2,000 likes on the first day and by the second, it was upwards of 5,000 Likes.

Guess how many people bought the Product?
ZERO!

Guess how many Instagram followers I got?
60!

Did I ask Facebook to send my Ad to Instagram?
NO & YES!

If you don’t learn anything from me today, learn this – NEVER EVER allow Facebook divert your Ad to Instagram or their ‘Audience Network’ except you have genuine reasons. If you create an Ad for Facebook and it gets to Instagram, many users will see it and many will like the image but they will not get to your Product Page because Instagram will never re-direct them there.

Except there have been very recent changes in the Facebook-Instagram apposition, you will need special software to get Instagram Pictures to redirect clicks to your product page. (Instagram Advertising is topic for another day). This mistake is one made by some of the biggest Marketing companies and gurus and unknown to them, it is a ‘minor but costly’ mistake!

I once saw a sponsored post on Instagram requesting me to go like a Facebook Page. I shook my head in pity, thinking “Men, I’m never going to leave Instagram to go like your Page on Facebook bro."
"Well done Mr. Zuckerberg!”

How do you avoid this dreadful mistake Facebook wants you to keep making?

- Create your Ads using Ads Manager/Audience Insights

- When you get to the Placements Column, select ‘Edit Placement’. This is very important. Unselect the Instagram and Audience Network options and leave only the Facebook Options. By now they will become default.

Save this setting and continue creating your Ad. You are good to go. (Y) grin

6. IMAGE

I learnt this very important skill from Nigeria's Best Copywriter - Ronald Nzimora (Sir Ronald) you need to pay attention here. If you are going to create an Ad-set targeting Single Ladies in Nigeria, you can’t go around using the face of an obese white woman smiling sheepishly at the camera. WTH are you thinking?!

Sir Ronald taught me this – if you’re going to advertise to a target audience, ensure your image reflects the Position, Feeling, Mood and Demographic of that audience. If you’re creating an as for unemployed youths in Nigeria, Google ‘Frustrated Black Man’.

Select Images. Search for the most frustrated black man in the grid. Save his pic to your computer. Appropriate for your Ad.
AGAIN, your Ad Image must either showcase your Product or connect with the Position, Feeling, Mood and Demographic of your Audience.

This inherently leads to the next Top Tip –

7. AD-SET STRUCTURE

For optimum performance, your Facebook Ad must contain the following –

- An Attractive Image/Video

- A Compelling Story or Question

- A Clear Call to Action

The latter 2 can come in any order -

* ‘LIKE our Page to get the Latest Tips on Poultry and Fish Farming’

* ‘Want to get the Latest Job and Vacancy News? LIKE our Page now

The Shorter the Better. If people have to click ‘See More’ to view your complete Ad, you have lost 10-20% of your Audience.

8. PURCHASING POWER

Once you hit ‘Publish’ on that Ad you just spent the last 30 minutes crafting, it is your heart’s deepest desire to see your Page Likes, Traffic and Bank alerts roll in. However, this is not often the case and 90% of the time, it is because your Adverts have fallen into the wrong hands.

Sometimes, you have used the best Keywords to target your Audience and you are getting great Impressions and Engagements but the Ad is just not converting. Facebook Pixel informs you that they are landing on your Product Page and some are even clicking the Add to Cart button, but none is checking out.

Sir, this is the problem –

You are targeting the right audience, but most of them cannot pay.

How can you ensure the PAYABILITY of your target audience?

i. Age Targeting – In placing ads on Facebook, use 25 – 65+ in the age column to ensure your audience have purchasing power and also to include those with inflated ages.

ii. Device Targeting – Laptop users are more relaxed or more likely to be situated in a more relaxed environment than mobile users. They are therefore more likely to relax and read your Ad.
DISCLAIMER: This is not to say you should not target mobile users, but again, TEST.

Also, proper Device Targeting will ensure the Ad for your N30,000 Premium Product does not land in the hands of Mallam Abubakar in a danfo with his Tecno T1 on the way to his house in Oworonsoki. iPhone users are more likely to be richer than Android users. An additional Ad-set for strictly iPhone users will not be out of place.
DISCLAIMER: I mean no disrespect to Android users as I am an Android user myself but this is Business – No sentiments.

iii. Timing – ‘Salary don enter’. The first week of the month is usually the best week of the month to tantalize your Audience with your Products and Services. wink

9. No one ever gets Facebook Ads right, the first time except by exceptional skills in targeting, continuous testing and mentoring.

PS: I am putting together a Manual that would CRUSH all your Facebook Ads frustration and literally turn your life around! It explains with Pictures, how you can use the 'LJS FORMULA' to make N1,000,000 in sales within 30 Days with just 1 Facebook Page, 1 Group and $100.

PSS: If you're interested in getting this Guide, Send me a message or leave your email in the comments and I'll reply with further info. It will cost you but it will be Worth it.
chidextec@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by PapaBrowne(m): 8:21am On Mar 27, 2017
Nice info. Wouldn't mind the manual.
But man, I need more than a manual.
Can't I pay to have you run out ad campaign?

My email papabrowne@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Xyzaid(m): 8:27am On Mar 27, 2017
yk4mular@yahoo.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Donbigi2(m): 8:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Stop quoting the whole article...

My mail is Donbigi20@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by bedfordng(m): 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
nice
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Xperience12: 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

Thanks bro.

Comment your email add here or shoot me an email at thegreatiyanu@gmail.com

Mine is Shopityng@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by sonety2k(m): 8:52am On Mar 27, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Neldrizzy(m): 8:54am On Mar 27, 2017
Op pls mail me Anderson.Diego@yahoo.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by sholex020: 9:02am On Mar 27, 2017
raheem.akeem01@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by chally02(m): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2017
Charlesdagreat@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Adieza(m): 9:24am On Mar 27, 2017
greatestanebira@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by patmil: 9:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Ibeandyou@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by phemybof(m): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2017
Bofphemy@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by gtrader: 10:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Send details to mercifuljosh@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by PapaBrowne(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Dhortunn:

Good Morning. Do you run a Food Network Business. I checked your Twitter on your profile, It's been inactive. Would love to discuss some vital issues with you. How can i reach you asap?

Yeah I do. You can send me an email on that email.
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by BecomeALandLord(m): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Nice one
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Raeheemwayne: 11:04am On Mar 27, 2017
Raeheemwayne@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by froshguy(m): 11:28am On Mar 27, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

Thanks bro.

Comment your email add here or shoot me an email at thegreatiyanu@gmail.com

Olatundeadedeji75@yahoo.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by daproflinks: 11:38am On Mar 27, 2017
mikky4real2@yahoo.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
ItalianWine:
Nice One!

Thanks smiley
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
pauljumbo:
Nice tips op
Am impressed
will implement some of the tips in my ad

Thanks. You can copy and paste the tips to refer to them any time any day. smiley
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Nice info. Wouldn't mind the manual.
But man, I need more than a manual.
Can't I pay to have you run out ad campaign?

My email papabrowne@gmail.com

Hello Sir, send me an email. I can coach you for 30 days through the entire process.
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
FrancisDiote:
Nice and timely piece of info

Thanks. smiley
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
shinechinedu:
I've been trying to promote my facebook page for weeks now but my ATM card is being declined and I just even found out that it's been blocked on Thursday because of persistent trials. How can we go around this? I'm planning to visit my bank today to inquire (ecobank ) but I'll also appreciate it if someone here saves me the stress and transport

wxyz1:
I have problem using my ATM to pay for my Facebook ad, what can I do.

menama:
Paying for Facebook ads with Nigerian cards is now difficult. How can one do so easily?

LORDI:
there is a DCC restriction on every naira account... Am having the same problem

LORDI:
I can't run ad Now. I heard there is a DCC against the naira

Hey guys,

To overcome the problem of payment, walk your nearest Bank branch and request for a Dollar Denominated Visa Gold Card. You pay like $25-$30 to open it and after that, fund it with raw FX and you can use it to pay for your FB Ads.

I use this method as well as my Payoneer card.
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by TheGreatIYANU: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
xavier0327:

This is awesome!

Thanks. smiley smiley
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Sunnylink(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
Please send me the manual too sundayattah4u@gmail.com
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by menama(m): 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

Hey guys,

To overcome the problem of payment, walk your nearest Bank branch and request for a Dollar Denominated Visa Gold Card. You pay like $25-$30 to open it and after that, fund it with raw FX and you can use it to pay for your FB Ads.

Thanks for this. How do one get a payoneer card?
Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by pauljumbo: 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

Thanks. You can copy and paste the tips to refer to them any time any day. smiley

sure i will

1 Like

Re: Top Nine Tips For Facebook Advertising by Repairnigeria(m): 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

Hey guys,

bros do u also assist in Facebook advert placement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Attract Traffic To My Website? / How I Was Scammed By Mobile Nig / What Is Wrong With Yahoo Mail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.