Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,467 members, 7,781,355 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:02 PM

Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing (23117 Views)

Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates / Court Lifts Injunction On “okafor’s Law” Movie, To Show In Cinemas Tomorrow / Court Orders Seizure Of "Okafor's Law", Omoni Oboli's Film (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by AdoraAmadi: 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sometime in September 2016, Omoni Oboli was accused of copyright infringement for the Okafor's Law title she gave her movie, by a Canada based writer, Jude Idada. The nollywood actress Omoni Oboli was also accused of stealing his story and idea for her new movie "Okafor's Law."
Idada revealed this in an exclusive interview with TNS. He also stated that Oboli copied his idea for her directorial debut, "Being Mrs Elliott."

However, the actress/producer maintained her silence and went on to promote and allegedly set a release date for the movie for March 31st with the premiere today, even after a demand letter was sent, and the matter was taken to court for the copyright infringement and trademark violation.
Today, an injunction was gotten to prevent Okafor's Law premiere and also the release on the 31st of March, in the case in which Omoni Oboli, Dioni Visions & Filmone Distribution are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Defendants respectively. Omoni Oboli has however cancelled the premiere today, as she will be guilty of disregarding the order of the court and might be charged for contempt of court order.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/03/omoni-oboli-cancels-movie-premiere.html

1 Like

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by kilode100(f): 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
Omoni go and pay the Guy his dues.

Ole

10 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by sleeknick: 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Interesting..
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by TheArticleNG(m): 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ok... WATCH VIDEO THAT LED TO KEME.N.S EVICTION FROM BB NAIJA >>

http://thearticle.com.ng/2017/03/bbnaija-watch-video-that-led-to-kemens.html
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by subtlemee(f): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Who sent her na? Nigerians always wanting to be faster than their shadows

8 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by CecyAdrian(f): 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Great!
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by TINALETC3(f): 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
undecided
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Asito(m): 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
undecided

22 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by olasarah: 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
cool
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by DollarAngel(m): 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
grin
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by ngoben(f): 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
it no consine me....
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by auntysimbiat(f): 11:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
WATCH: OMONI OBOLI IN TEARS AS COURT STOPS PREMIERE OF "OKAFOR'S LAW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH4VN8i50ME

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by GeleFanzgore: 11:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
She wanted to by pass the young man but the toad who says he can jump faster than the hounter will only swim better with the likes of egusi and panla in the pot of soup.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by VanBommel(m): 11:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
Omoni Oboli even you

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Noblequin(f): 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
You think you are smart?

1 Like

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Jimmyo3(m): 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Yoruba people market list:::
Rice -5 cups
Beans -3 cups
Maggi -50
Fresh pepper N300
Dried pepper N150
Native pepper N400
Cameroon pepper N250
Tatashi N200
Chilli pepper N100
Fairly used pepper N50
Green pepper N200
Garlic N100
And Yetunde When You Are
Coming Back Abeg Tell Mama Ade
To Give You
The Pepper She Promised Me!
#pepperdemgang#

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Wikiforum(m): 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Franchise21(m): 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Kk
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by aguiyi2: 11:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
And who says the man is right?.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Marveleuphoria: 11:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Judges.. Calm down and hear from the horses mouth first. At least hear from Omoni first
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by AZUH: 11:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
aguiyi2:
And who says the man is right?.
theft ..
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Sibe007(m): 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
Gbese

This could set a good precedence and throw more awareness about intellectual property for creative works in Nigeria.

We should however hear Her own side of the Story.

5 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by greatwhite(m): 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
kiss
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by metallisc(m): 11:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
this is the stupidest thing i ever saw in the history of fuckerydom! how can some idiot from somewhere say he owns the right to 'okafors law' as a title?? what in the actual fucckk? we have been using okafor's law as a joke since we were in secondary school! every young nigga that knows how to piss in a pot uses okafors law as a joke!!

it is like somebody saying he is coming to sue me if i make a movie titled 'chop and quench' because of title and intellectual property infringement. i blame omoni for allowing things to get to this stupid level, personally i would have counter-sued the idiot to high heavens with some badass lawyers/prosecutors so that anytime he hears my name he will run very far!

what nonsense? angry angry lazy and idiotic nigggers that can't do shitt for themselves, trying to reap where they did not sow even a rotten seed!

copyright my black and dotted assss!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by AkinPhysicist: 11:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
grin Dem don casham! grin

2 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by AkinPhysicist: 11:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
She said "God is on the throne."Mind you she didn't deny the allegation but trust Nigerians ANYTIME you catch them doing something bad, they will start dropping God's name like is night vigil

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by AkinPhysicist: 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
grin
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
I smell scandal.

2 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
Asito:
undecided
RTFLMAO!!!! cheesy
Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by Kinezeala(m): 12:13am On Mar 25, 2017
Her silence is not an admission of guilt until the courts decides that she is guilty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by ominiriches2016(m): 12:15am On Mar 25, 2017
When I was small, I used to trek from school to house by 3-4. Before then, the sun has started setting from the east to west. My shadow will be at front and my image will be following uprightly. I discovered that, you cannot run faster than your own shadow. Let Omini Obol pay for intellectual copy.

2 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing by prof800(m): 12:48am On Mar 25, 2017
metallisc:
this is the stupidest thing i ever saw in the history of fuckerydom! how can some idiot from somewhere say he owns the right to 'okafors law' as a title?? what in the actual fucckk? we have been using okafor's law as a joke since we were in secondary school! every young nigga that knows how to piss in a pot uses okafors law as a joke!!

it is like somebody saying he is coming to sue me if i make a movie titled 'chop and quench' because of title and intellectual property infringement. i blame omoni for allowing things to get to this stupid level, personally i would have counter-sued the idiot to high heavens with some badass lawyers/prosecutors so that anytime he hears my name he will run very far!

what nonsense? angry angry lazy and idiotic nigggers that can't do shitt for themselves, trying to reap where they did not sow even a rotten seed!

copyright my black and dotted assss!

That is not what happened. It is not about the title. The complainant is not that type of person.

Don't judge until you have read the full version of the story.

Would you be happy if your copyrighted work is stolen from you? Something you labored for? I bet then you will not be able to say fvck copyright.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Cee-c's Sister Apologizes To Payporte On Her Behalf / Kingdom Anime/manga. / Falz Joins Tinsel Cast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.